SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres - Constant Season/Projections/Chat/Thoughts Thread

Oct. 12, 2019 at 11:16 a.m.
The Sabres are 4-0-1 Top of the Atlantic! Tampa, Toronto, and Boston are all a game back or 2. Detroit is the closest competition but that doesn't seem very sustainable. The next opponents are Dallas, Ducks, Kings, and Sharks. What are your thoughts on these teams and other ones in the future!

Come to this thread for posts about Sabres Questions and thoughts!
Oct. 12, 2019 at 11:23 a.m.
CrossFireX33 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Sabres will get a good boost from these next few games hopefully. They will look a tad inflated. I would say where we are at, 20 games in, should give us a good measure of the quality of this team.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
Shibbal18
Dallas will be a decent benchmark, they should take Ana and LA (but they should have taken Columbus so hopefully that doesnt become a theme), and the Sharks are going to be playing pissed, so they need to come in firing on all cylinders that game. I want to see more Ullmark, vs Dallas and SJ
BuFfaLOFaN and sabres89 liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 1:59 p.m.
I think they’ll come out 2-2 or 2-1-1. It’s going to be some tough competition especially with their first west coast trip after the Dallas game. They’ll learn from these games since they haven’t faced any hard hitting teams yet and they get their taste of it on the trip.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 2:14 p.m.
When Sheary and Montour come back I think this should be the lineup

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Johansson-Thompson
Sheary-Mittelstadt-Vesey
Girgensons-Rodrigues-Okposo

Dahlin-Miller
Montour-Ristolanien
McCabe-Joki

(Yes ik Montour is a RD but I think we should try him on the left side to see how it goes)
Oct. 12, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: gerowrj16
When Sheary and Montour come back I think this should be the lineup

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Johansson-Thompson
Sheary-Mittelstadt-Vesey
Girgensons-Rodrigues-Okposo

Dahlin-Miller
Montour-Ristolanien
McCabe-Joki

(Yes ik Montour is a RD but I think we should try him on the left side to see how it goes)

Yea, they said he plays LD...and Thompson call you should happen he is defiently a hard worker...deserves it after the off-season
Oct. 12, 2019 at 6:50 p.m.
Honestly I want to see us after a loss or two and see how we respond to it. Last year everything was fine while winning but as soon as 2-3 losses got string together, everything fell apart.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 12, 2019 at 6:52 p.m.
Edited Oct. 12, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
I think 2-2. Wins against Anaheim and LA. Loses to Dallas and Sharks, even though those teams are currently struggling.
I don't think the Sabres are as good as their record. They rely heavily on the power play.
I like Kreuger; he's getting a lot more out of the same players than anyone else had.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I've been able to see little parts here and there of Sabres games, and Mittelstadt has looked good from what I've seen. But I'll ask the people who watch every single shift he has. How's he looking?
Oct. 14, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
I've been able to see little parts here and there of Sabres games, and Mittelstadt has looked good from what I've seen. But I'll ask the people who watch every single shift he has. How's he looking?

Better IMO, I think that if he starts scoring he will get in a groove, right now he just hasn't scored as much as he would like. I do think he is working hard and hadn't had a really negative.affect IMO
Oct. 14, 2019 at 5:25 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz

Mittelstadt is a little stronger on the puck than he was last year. He has a little more confidence, which lends to him being able to be a little more creative in build-up play. His line, however, is the weak link so far this season (which is a testament to how well the other lines are playing, really). He's not going to dominate shifts anytime soon, and he should stay in a protected role for now. But you can see the development is happening, which is reassuring.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 5:37 p.m.
Edited Aug. 16, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Mittelstadt is a little stronger on the puck than he was last year. He has a little more confidence, which lends to him being able to be a little more creative in build-up play. His line, however, is the weak link so far this season (which is a testament to how well the other lines are playing, really). He's not going to dominate shifts anytime soon, and he should stay in a protected role for now. But you can see the development is happening, which is reassuring.

Yes, I say in 2 years he can become the 2C we needed, or just a dominate 3C if Cozens takes 2C as is expected.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll