$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, C
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,893,750$1,893,750
LD
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 8
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$858,333$858,333
G
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 4
$745,000$745,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 14, 2019 at 12:22 a.m.
Chicago
Honestly, the long term outlook on his buyout doesn't look too bad. Bjornfot and Clague in the system, I think that's a good move. Lewis, Clifford probably walk. Space to sign a big free agent D man. Campbell looks like the real deal, and honestly, can't be worse than Quick at this point. Use that extra cap to your advantage in the offseason with a large selection of free agents available.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 12:31 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: NickC1988
Honestly, the long term outlook on his buyout doesn't look too bad. Bjornfot and Clague in the system, I think that's a good move. Lewis, Clifford probably walk. Space to sign a big free agent D man. Campbell looks like the real deal, and honestly, can't be worse than Quick at this point. Use that extra cap to your advantage in the offseason with a large selection of free agents available.

Campbell is very inconsistent. He is not a starter. Maybe a decent temporary one. By next season I think that Petersen will be. Clifford will be resigned as he is barely 28. Lewis will walk so will Toffoli. It's honestly heartbreaking to see Quick go out like this:/ I love him. He might just retire if he is bought out honestly. He does not like being on the bench and would probably prefer retirement over being a back up.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 12:36 a.m.
Chicago
Quoting: Bf3351
Campbell is very inconsistent. He is not a starter. Maybe a decent temporary one. By next season I think that Petersen will be. Clifford will be resigned as he is barely 28. Lewis will walk so will Toffoli. It's honestly heartbreaking to see Quick go out like this:/ I love him. He might just retire if he is bought out honestly. He does not like being on the bench and would probably prefer retirement over being a back up.

Campbell has shown those flashes, and like all goaltenders, just needs to find his consistency and I think this season is a great transition season for him as well as many of the prospects they have in their system (Clague, Kupari). With the cap space, a big name defenseman may be available to solidify the back end (Pietrangelo, Josi)
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 1:31 a.m.
Columbus would trade you a 7th for Quick....
Oct. 14, 2019 at 8:43 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Ajp_18
Columbus would trade you a 7th for Quick....

Kings won't insult Quick like that.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 1:45 p.m.
Quick hasn't been great, but he hasn't exactly had much help either. I actually think he was good last night. 3 of the 5 goals against were on the PK and due to absolutely abysmal penalty killing by the Kings defense. He maybe should have stopped one of the other two. I won't defend his first two outings this season, as they were pretty awful, but last night was progress. I think throwing the towel on him now is premature.

Same with Campbell. He has been solid and has actually made some pretty spectacular saves in his 2 games so far. The defense is taking a dump in front of him. However, as McLellan has said, they're 5 games into a major system overhaul. It's not going to happen overnight. Expect to see more blowouts (both in favor and against the Kings) as the season progresses.

With this new system, the days of Jennings trophy contention is gone for LA. Better get used to it. I wouldn't count on Quick retiring either, as he's still owed a pretty large amount of money over his last 3 seasons. Not to mention that since his contract was signed prior to the current CBA, the Kings would get hit with recapture penalties even if he did retire early.

I think the Kings will explore trade options for Quick, but if the best they can do is a 7th from Columbus, I think you're right that they won't insult him like that. I don't think they'll explore buyout as an option until summer of 2021 to see if Seattle might take a chance on him, much like LA did when they took aging future Hall of Famer Terry Sawchuk to give the franchise a big name player that they could advertise around. If they don't, then the Kings can buy him out that summer. Those are the only scenarios where I can see Quick leaving LA before his contract expires.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Quick hasn't been great, but he hasn't exactly had much help either. I actually think he was good last night. 3 of the 5 goals against were on the PK and due to absolutely abysmal penalty killing by the Kings defense. He maybe should have stopped one of the other two. I won't defend his first two outings this season, as they were pretty awful, but last night was progress. I think throwing the towel on him now is premature.

Same with Campbell. He has been solid and has actually made some pretty spectacular saves in his 2 games so far. The defense is taking a dump in front of him. However, as McLellan has said, they're 5 games into a major system overhaul. It's not going to happen overnight. Expect to see more blowouts (both in favor and against the Kings) as the season progresses.

With this new system, the days of Jennings trophy contention is gone for LA. Better get used to it. I wouldn't count on Quick retiring either, as he's still owed a pretty large amount of money over his last 3 seasons. Not to mention that since his contract was signed prior to the current CBA, the Kings would get hit with recapture penalties even if he did retire early.

I think the Kings will explore trade options for Quick, but if the best they can do is a 7th from Columbus, I think you're right that they won't insult him like that. I don't think they'll explore buyout as an option until summer of 2021 to see if Seattle might take a chance on him, much like LA did when they took aging future Hall of Famer Terry Sawchuk to give the franchise a big name player that they could advertise around. If they don't, then the Kings can buy him out that summer. Those are the only scenarios where I can see Quick leaving LA before his contract expires.

This helps me feel more hopeful?

Its just that this is not the 3rd game in a row that Quick played where 5 or more goals were scored against him and I know that the Canucks for at least the first 4 goals against they were all goal he could have saved. I ended up turning it off right then, but i would be surprised if the other 4 or 5 goals were his fault too. It's like the team has more confidence in Campbell than Quick. They play and defend way better when Jack is in the net. The only thing we can do is keeping playing Quick the same rate and hope we can turn it around and also keep the players accountable for mistakes that lead to goals. We'll see what happens.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 2:34 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
This helps me feel more hopeful?

Its just that this is not the 3rd game in a row that Quick played where 5 or more goals were scored against him and I know that the Canucks for at least the first 4 goals against they were all goal he could have saved. I ended up turning it off right then, but i would be surprised if the other 4 or 5 goals were his fault too. It's like the team has more confidence in Campbell than Quick. They play and defend way better when Jack is in the net. The only thing we can do is keeping playing Quick the same rate and hope we can turn it around and also keep the players accountable for mistakes that lead to goals. We'll see what happens.

McLellan tried to warn us in his preseason press conferences. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I think we're going to see some defensemen get waived or traded soon. Walker has been fantastic. Roy has been terrible. Hutton and Martinez have been decent. Wouldn't surprise me if the Kings see 11 or 12 different defensemen suit up for games this season.

While the Kings have been allowing an abysmal 5+ goals per game so far, they have also been scoring 4 goals per game, good for 4th in the league, so that's progress. If they can clean up their defensive game while maintaining their aggressive offensive system, I think this team could be exceptional, even with the personnel it currently has. As the guys on FSW said, 50 minutes of the Calgary game last week was the best hockey the Kings have played in 3+ years. I was at the Nashville game on Saturday, and that too was exceptional Kings hockey for 2½ periods. Clean up the turnovers, special teams, and lackluster defense, and I think we're in for some better days.
ZiggyPalffy liked this.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: tkecanuck341
McLellan tried to warn us in his preseason press conferences. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I think we're going to see some defensemen get waived or traded soon. Walker has been fantastic. Roy has been terrible. Hutton and Martinez have been decent. Wouldn't surprise me if the Kings see 11 or 12 different defensemen suit up for games this season.

While the Kings have been allowing an abysmal 5+ goals per game so far, they have also been scoring 4 goals per game, good for 4th in the league, so that's progress. If they can clean up their defensive game while maintaining their aggressive offensive system, I think this team could be exceptional, even with the personnel it currently has. As the guys on FSW said, 50 minutes of the Calgary game last week was the best hockey the Kings have played in 3+ years. I was at the Nashville game on Saturday, and that too was exceptional Kings hockey for 2½ periods. Clean up the turnovers, special teams, and lackluster defense, and I think we're in for some better days.

Yes you are right. The 1st two periods against Nashville were absolutely amazing. I am now obviously seeing a lot from Walker have been very impressed. Not Roy at all. Hutton I like his game alot. He does a lot of good things out there. It's good you are thinking positive. I am trying lol
Oct. 14, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
If you can't trade him, which is the preferable route (and take just about anything you can get), buying him out is nuts. If you're going to do that just put him on waiver and he and his contract will get snatched up. He goes through waivers, no biggie, team saves about $1mm. He might just retire rather than do that. Really, no bad options right now.
Oct. 14, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Seaver28
If you can't trade him, which is the preferable route (and take just about anything you can get), buying him out is nuts. If you're going to do that just put him on waiver and he and his contract will get snatched up. He goes through waivers, no biggie, team saves about $1mm. He might just retire rather than do that. Really, no bad options right now.

It was more so just a statement. My point was more so getting him off the team. He has been very disappointing. I love Quick and I hope he can get back on his feet very soon so that none of those options need to be considered.
Seaver28 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll