Forums/Armchair-GM

3C and depth Bolts Side

Created by: Ledge_And_Dairy
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 7, 2019
Published: Oct. 14, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
With Cirelli solidifying himself as a Solid 2C option TyJo is forced into the 3C roll where he doesn't thrive as much. I think a trade for a young defensive 3C with potential, as well as a solid 2-way veteran in exchange for Johnson and a B prospect or 2 (due to contract limit). Gives Tampa a lot more PK options as well as room to work with at for next years cap without negatively effecting their depth.

*Obviously a trade like this involves Johnson waiving his NTC for CGY which IMO isn't that far stretched and is the most likely team he would waive for
Trades
TBL
  1. Frolík, Michael
  2. Jankowski, Mark
  3. 2021 3rd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
2021 3rd becomes a 2021 4th if Frolik resigns
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,048,331$0$1,362,500$1,451,669
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,675,000$1,675,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 14, 2019 at 3:00 a.m.
@BOLTLOVER1 posted both sides, thoughts?
Oct. 14, 2019 at 8:01 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
I like the trade and recommended something similar a week ago.. Jankowski is 6'4" so has some size. This helps Tampa Cap immensely also for 2020 with Johnson gone and 2 Flames above in last year. Janokowski could be signed for 5 year 3M AAV kind of contract.. the same our shrimps should be on but I digress .. Johnson I think would flourish in Calgary in their offense but also the WESTERN conference at large. IF really want to get crazy ask for Harmonic as rock steady D and throw in a 1st rounder and take away the 3rd .. Harmonic also on last year and could be resigned if you trade Sergachev .. Calgary is right at cap and needs to make a move
Oct. 14, 2019 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
I like the trade and recommended something similar a week ago.. Jankowski is 6'4" so has some size. This helps Tampa Cap immensely also for 2020 with Johnson gone and 2 Flames above in last year. Janokowski could be signed for 5 year 3M AAV kind of contract.. the same our shrimps should be on but I digress .. Johnson I think would flourish in Calgary in their offense but also the WESTERN conference at large. IF really want to get crazy ask for Harmonic as rock steady D and throw in a 1st rounder and take away the 3rd .. Harmonic also on last year and could be resigned if you trade Sergachev .. Calgary is right at cap and needs to make a move

God that is tempting I really do like Sergachev a lot. I haven't been able to catch as many bolts games this year due to work but i saw Serg was playing on his off side with Hedman. How is he doing with that switch, because he would have to play there in CGY too. Anyways, I cant see any situation where Flames trade Hamonic and if they do i highly doubt he would resign in Tampa. He requested a trade out of NY to be closer to his family (near Winnipeg) due to health reasons, its assumed he will probably either resign with the flames or sign with the Jets next year amd likely no one else
Oct. 15, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Oct. 15, 2019 at 7:29 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
God that is tempting I really do like Sergachev a lot. I haven't been able to catch as many bolts games this year due to work but i saw Serg was playing on his off side with Hedman. How is he doing with that switch, because he would have to play there in CGY too. Anyways, I cant see any situation where Flames trade Hamonic and if they do i highly doubt he would resign in Tampa. He requested a trade out of NY to be closer to his family (near Winnipeg) due to health reasons, its assumed he will probably either resign with the flames or sign with the Jets next year amd likely no one else

Good info about Hamonic. Thanks, he was on my watchlist, but i've checked him out in couple of games this season, and he played bad hockey for some reason anyways.
So now thanks to you i can give up on him. (He was my top3 target trade deadline).

What about TJ Brodie. Available? 2nd round pick + 1 prospect like Katchouk price range. Or he is also on the "nevertrade-block"?

Serg = too expensive for most of the teams, he is not that good yet, but really huge potential once he learns to defend.He has lots of years though to improve...
He can play both sides. But for us he mainly plays RHD. He has some skill moves, when attacking. Good on PP. Think about like Tyson Barrie. He is the same right now, except the speed, he is not that fast. In my opinion Serg will be not good, until he is capable of stopping elite players in the D-zone. And that can take a while... He is average right now, so far mostly played 3rd pairing D. TOP pairing D = needs to be much better, or else we allow too many goals in the long run.
Oct. 15, 2019 at 8:03 p.m.
Quoting: F3ruS
Good info about Hamonic. Thanks, he was on my watchlist, but i've checked him out in couple of games this season, and he played bad hockey for some reason anyways.
So now thanks to you i can give up on him. (He was my top3 target trade deadline).

What about TJ Brodie. Available? 2nd round pick + 1 prospect like Katchouk price range. Or he is also on the "nevertrade-block"?

Brodie has a young family and if traded, will likely extend with whoever he is traded to. He is a similar player in skill to Faulk though so you are looking at around 5.5-6M extension depending on term. IMO i though he would be a great fit before the Shattenkirk signing as he would probably pair well with Hedman. As for the return, LW is the last thing the Flames need. Raddysh or a RD prospect would be of most interest

I am trying to not be biased here since Bolts and Flames are my 2 fav teams, but I will cheer for CGY over Tampa.
Nov. 2, 2019 at 11:47 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Nov. 2, 2019 at 11:52 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Brodie has a young family and if traded, will likely extend with whoever he is traded to. He is a similar player in skill to Faulk though so you are looking at around 5.5-6M extension depending on term.

We can't afford the extension next year, this move would be similar to what Winnipeg did with Hayes i think. Just a rental for around half a season or less.. Except if he takes a huge discount, which i'm sure he won't. Like 1 year deal ~ 3 million range.
So we just need strong defense depth in playoffs. Currently, when Hedman is injured, we are toast.
Yes you can say that to Washington with Carlson, or Toronto with Riley, or even Burns for SJ, but for other teams, looks like their best D is never injured. However, this might be the decline of Hedman starting with those frequent injuries, and this is really hurting our team.
At least Brodie could help fill that gap, when eventually Hedman will be injured again.
Another bad thing i'm seeing: Even Cernak is injured often, or gets into a fight, and we get 3 goals in 5 minutes, while he is serving his penalty on the bench.
It's just bad coaching or idk, but whenever bad things happen with our D since playoffs last year... we are just doomed... and completely done...
Our defense when we have injury = AHL level. I know you can blame the forwards and the coaching and the system which we play in... but still... i never see those big problems lately with other teams... and one thing for sure: you can't teach Kucherov or Johnson to defend... so we have to rely on D almost 80% to stop the 40 shots/game madness... End result: 3.5 goals /game. So we would need to score 4 goals to win each night. Looks impossible in the playoffs, where injuries will 100% happen to every team, and it seems for us injuries are just always the end of our playoff run.... unless we strengthen our D and making more D pairs, who can shutdown the opponent in important moments...
It's incredible how bad Rutta is on defense = we are doomed whenever he plays on the D... same with schenn, let me tell you one example there was an attack in our zone. Schenn just skated by the forwards and the forwards was 50 cm around our goalie having multiple high danger scoring chances. That's how bad Schenn is... He just skates by forwards and let them do whatever they want.(= allowing goals) He just looked into other direction for 0.5 seconds and that's just an AHL level defender. Yes it was his first or second game in the season, but still that's unacceptable if we want to win the cup this year. I think Brodie can help with that big time... currently our team = top10-top14 team in the NHL and that usually means = no cup.
I know in theory this first 40 games should be preseason for us... but it just still hurt to see my team play that badly. Our goal was to be a defensive minded team this year + take the fewest penalties in the league.

End result for first 12 games:
Goals allowed:around last in NHL
shots allowed: around last in NHL
penalties taken: around leading the NHL
and i thought Vasilevsky will have 2.25 GAA and .930+ Save percentage Very Angry

I watched this year so many games with other teams, and i don't understand how our D is so bad compared to almost every other team. Even winnipeg without 1 normal D men are capable of defending like a regular NHL team. We should never ever depend on Hedman, like we do currently, this needs to change... yeah i know we let witkovski go, after he had bad advanced numbers.... but i don't think that will help... something needs to change in next 2-3 months or rip dreams for every tampa fan frown also what the freak is wrong with our PK...
our PK = like vs columbus in playoffs = worst in the NHL, WTF? we had the best PK just 8-10 months ago... IN THE WHOLE NHL... now around last place.. WTF just happend... why the sudden change in playoffs for PK... this is crazy... we play Coburn on PK = 100% goal every PK.... how the coach can't see that Coburn is old and slow and doesn't have the skill to kill PK. Just let any other player kill PK, than Coburn.
Is it hard to see? Or sign some good PK killer defenders... if not Brodie... then others... PK should be never be this bad for a contender...

I hope Kucherov comes back to life at least... he was horrible in all games this season almost...
It's like Kucherov = everyday 3 mill caphit NHL player currently....
vs compared to last year = MVP of the NHL
WTF just happend with Kucherov??? How can he not make 1 good pass/ game? Is he resting for playoffs or what? Good tactics to fool the opponents... but i hope we can make the playoffs with bad hockey...
I just watched McDavid the other night = he was flying on the ice, he made a joke from Carlson = best D of this year so far... same with Crosby... what just happend with kucherov... i have no idea.... i hope you know it ... hahaha

Sorry for writing too much... but i had to.... it's so annoying to watch bad hockey... i hope something changes by January...

PS: since i wrote Hamonic had bad games.... all calgary matches all im seeing from canadian commentators = Hamonic is a god = best D in our team, and yes i see him actually played much better than those early games... so i understand now even more why calgary wants to keep him... probably 7 mill caphit...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll