SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

If Taylor Hall is Traded, Where Does He Go?

Which Team?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 17, 2019 at 1:00 a.m.
How much will it cost? I think Shero will def. want a skilled roster player in return.

I'm thinking whoever acquires him will need assurance that he'll sign an extension. They'll need the $11M AAV in cap space so sorry Leafs fans. I don't think you can spend $66M on forwards. I think Montreal is a possibility. Maybe Drouin plus a 1st. Perhaps EDM gives up Bouchard and sends Larsson back where he started.

As a lifelong Devils fan, I'm not really entirely convinced that signing Hall to an 8 year $11M+ AAV extension is actually in the best long term interest of the team. Are they better of long term with Hall or w/o Hall?

Realistically, it could take a couple more years before their young core is ready for prime time. They could be better off drafting a couple more high picks and stockpiling a couple prospects or young roster players. They'll have loads of cap space if they do trade Hall and the future will be bright regardless. Their depth at Center is particularly strong, but they need to add a couple big, tough, physical Defensemen to balance out their team. They've been dominated in front of their own net on 2nd and 3rd chances.
Oct. 17, 2019 at 2:25 a.m.
Here's a bonus question: Who will be the first to go, Hall or Hynes?

If the Devils are still at the bottom of the league standings in late November, I fully expect Shero will make a coaching change. Hynes is actually one of the longest tenured coaches in the league despite missing the playoffs in all but one season. He's overseen the rebuild thus far, but the organization may need to make a change behind the bench to bring the team together. They look very disorganized in all 3 zones. It doesn't look as if the team is buying into the system. I don't think he'll survive the season.
Oct. 17, 2019 at 10:11 a.m.
torontos finest
Definitely will be a cup contender. I think that the Avs, Canes or Bruins may make a substantial offer.
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2019 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
Definitely will be a cup contender. I think that the Avs, Canes or Bruins may make a substantial offer.

i share the same mindset. Bruins could make a real offer, i just dont know if they have the cap room to do it.
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
i share the same mindset. Bruins could make a real offer, i just dont know if they have the cap room to do it.

They'd probably need to move out Backes, which will definitely cost them big. But, I think BOS could be an ideal landing spot long term for Hall. COL actually has the perfect mix of cap space, draft picks, and prospects to make this deal happen. And Hall would probably sign a long term extension with the Avs b/c of their young, deep core. They'll be Cup contenders fore a long time.
Oct. 17, 2019 at 6:22 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Brian2016
Here's a bonus question: Who will be the first to go, Hall or Hynes?

If the Devils are still at the bottom of the league standings in late November, I fully expect Shero will make a coaching change. Hynes is actually one of the longest tenured coaches in the league despite missing the playoffs in all but one season. He's overseen the rebuild thus far, but the organization may need to make a change behind the bench to bring the team together. They look very disorganized in all 3 zones. It doesn't look as if the team is buying into the system. I don't think he'll survive the season.

Maybe a Hynes for Babcock trade could be made.....Leafs would have to retain.
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 18, 2019 at 12:43 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Maybe a Hynes for Babcock trade could be made.....Leafs would have to retain.

HAHA! I'm pretty sure Babcock makes at least 3x as much as Hynes and very possibly more, even though I believe Hynes' contract value is undisclosed.
Oct. 18, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
NYI don’t sleep on us ???
Oct. 23, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
Earfgang
How much will it cost? I think Shero will def. want a skilled roster player in return.

I'm thinking whoever acquires him will need assurance that he'll sign an extension. They'll need the $11M AAV in cap space so sorry Leafs fans. I don't think you can spend $66M on forwards. I think Montreal is a possibility. Maybe Drouin plus a 1st. Perhaps EDM gives up Bouchard and sends Larsson back where he started.

As a lifelong Devils fan, I'm not really entirely convinced that signing Hall to an 8 year $11M+ AAV extension is actually in the best long term interest of the team. Are they better of long term with Hall or w/o Hall?

Realistically, it could take a couple more years before their young core is ready for prime time. They could be better off drafting a couple more high picks and stockpiling a couple prospects or young roster players. They'll have loads of cap space if they do trade Hall and the future will be bright regardless. Their depth at Center is particularly strong, but they need to add a couple big, tough, physical Defensemen to balance out their team. They've been dominated in front of their own net on 2nd and 3rd chances.

Simple answer, he doesn't. The devils will try everything in their power to resign him and if they fail, ten they know they tried. If they keep him, they will be a cup contender in 2-3 years, if it doesn't come together, they will never get a fair trade for Hall and they will maybe be living in the dread of the world of what if.
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 10:14 p.m.
Earfgang

Realistically, it could take a couple more years before their young core is ready for prime time. They could be better off drafting a couple more high picks and stockpiling a couple prospects or young roster players. They'll have loads of cap space if they do trade Hall and the future will be bright regardless. Their depth at Center is particularly strong, but they need to add a couple big, tough, physical Defense man to balance out their team. They've been dominated in front of their own net on 2nd and 3rd chances.

With that said, the fantasy world of, "LETS GET CRAZY" town tells me the would need to get a haul of prospects being at least 2 blue chips and a first in this years draft. That way their timetable is consistent with whoever they get in this draft and their two number one overall picks they already have. Likely its a blue chip d man prospect and a blue chip forward prospect, along the lines of maybe, oh idk lets just say, St. Louis, Vince Dunn, Robert Thomas, and lets just say one of Steen or Bozak for contract space.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit