We need to fix the forward lines

Created by: Kyle_Davidson
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 20, 2019
Published: Oct. 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What I did
1. If Dach is going to stick at the NHL level this season then I think they need to deploy him correctly. That means he needs to get significant minutes every night and needs to be sheltered from top line competition at least some of the time. In my opinion that has to be as a third line center. The top 6 has looked sketchy in all of the games this season, and I think a major shakeup may be needed so that they perform better. This means reuniting Toews with Kane and Strome with Cat. Shaw slots into the lottery spot because of his chemistry and different style of play, and Nylander earns the spot on the second line due to his recently improved play.

Tonight there was a double minor in which the Hawks did NOTHING, and that was partially because of the Keith and Seabrook pairing. At this point I wonder if this team would be better taking on hella dead cap just to get him off of the ice.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$65,403,311$0$7,557,500$16,096,689
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$874,125$874,125
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 20, 2019 at 9:06 p.m.
Where is your favourite player Seabrook?
Oct. 20, 2019 at 9:15 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: BlueSeeker
Where is your favourite player Seabrook?

Who?
Oct. 20, 2019 at 9:16 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Playing dach with saad and kubalik is honestly an easy decision, but switch them to the opposite wings
Oct. 20, 2019 at 9:35 p.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Playing dach with saad and kubalik is honestly an easy decision, but switch them to the opposite wings

There’s no way Colliton breaks up that third line. He loves that line and kampf is his boy. Hate to say it, but I’m pretty they’re gonna keep him in the top six, which I do agree just doesn’t work. He hasn’t done a damn thing tonight besides a good pass in the first. If anything, he has looked lazy and very slow. I don’t know how this is gonna turn out, but dach has played as advertised. Good hands, decent passing, but god awful pace and lacking in determination when it counts.

At the very least, Colliton playing dach this way totally sets him up to go back to Saskatoon.
Oct. 20, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
There’s no way Colliton breaks up that third line. He loves that line and kampf is his boy. Hate to say it, but I’m pretty they’re gonna keep him in the top six, which I do agree just doesn’t work. He hasn’t done a damn thing tonight besides a good pass in the first. If anything, he has looked lazy and very slow. I don’t know how this is gonna turn out, but dach has played as advertised. Good hands, decent passing, but god awful pace and lacking in determination when it counts.

At the very least, Colliton playing dach this way totally sets him up to go back to Saskatoon.

The main point of playing Dach, or any rookie 9 games, is if they don't work out the player gets a big wakeup call to understand how much faster the game is at the pro level and what they need to work on to get back in the lineup. It's never a bad thing to play your young players for 9 games and utilizing the ELC slide.
HatterTParty and aedoran liked this.
Oct. 20, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
Seabs looked bad, just bad. Crow didn't look great either. IMO this was Nylander's best game so far...what a difference. Dach was lost and positioning wasn't great, but to be expected for a 18 year old kid playing his first NHL game ever. Debrincat...wtf is up with his bad passing this season? Toews looked much better then the first 4 games. Kane looked his best all season also. Saad is very active, love his play this year so far. Caggs and Shaw are disruptive and love them both. The rest of the players didn't really stand out to me.
Oct. 20, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
The main point of playing Dach, or any rookie 9 games, is if they don't work out the player gets a big wakeup call to understand how much faster the game is at the pro level and what they need to work on to get back in the lineup. It's never a bad thing to play your young players for 9 games and utilizing the ELC slide.

Oh believe me, I’m not arguing the merits of the nine game trial. What I am arguing is that I don’t exactly know how dach fits into the lineup, especially with the third line looking amazing and the top six trying to find chemistry. I know dach is supposedly a center, but I think being a wing is what he’s gonna see most in these games. I understand, skill wise, dach is probably better than kampf, but that third line is lights out with chemistry. Colliton, please do not break that line up!

Dach looked very invisible tonight and like he was behind on pace. Hopefully, he picks it up as he goes along. But as I said a while back, I’m trying to reserve my expectations so I’m disappointed if/when he busts.
Oct. 20, 2019 at 11:20 p.m.
Oh believe me, I’m not arguing the merits of the nine game trial. What I am arguing is that I don’t exactly know how dach fits into the lineup, especially with the third line looking amazing and the top six trying to find chemistry. I know dach is supposedly a center, but I think being a wing is what he’s gonna see most in these games. I understand, skill wise, dach is probably better than kampf, but that third line is lights out with chemistry. Colliton, please do not break that line up!

Dach looked very invisible tonight and like he was behind on pace. Hopefully, he picks it up as he goes along. But as I said a while back, I’m trying to reserve my expectations so I’m disappointed if/when he busts.

Honestly, not concerned with the outcome of Dach this season if he works it’s a nice surprise but doubt anyone including the Hawks are betting on that; as mentioned above that’s usually not the purpose of the 9 games and rarely do 18 year olds work out during that period. That said, Turcotte looks great so far at Wisconsin. Still wish we took him.

What I’m more concerned with is finding wingers that can score on the 1st line. Nylander looked good this game and as one of his biggest critics, happy to give credit and good to see. That said, Sikura has 3 goals and an assist in 5 games in the AHL. I think it’s safe to say we need to start looking for a trade partner for Perlini. Not fair to him to waste away in the pressbox and the Hawks have 2 decent options with Nylander and Sikura being brought up if Nylander slumps or gets injured.
Oct. 20, 2019 at 11:43 p.m.
Edited Oct. 21, 2019 at 12:23 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Honestly, not concerned with the outcome of Dach this season if he works it’s a nice surprise but doubt anyone including the Hawks are betting on that; as mentioned above that’s usually not the purpose of the 9 games and rarely do 18 year olds work out during that period. That said, Turcotte looks great so far at Wisconsin. Still wish we took him.

What I’m more concerned with is finding wingers that can score on the 1st line. Nylander looked good this game and as one of his biggest critics, happy to give credit and good to see. That said, Sikura has 3 goals and an assist in 5 games in the AHL. I think it’s safe to say we need to start looking for a trade partner for Perlini. Not fair to him to waste away in the pressbox and the Hawks have 2 decent options with Nylander and Sikura being brought up if Nylander slumps or gets injured.

If I had to pinpoint one spot of concern, it doesn’t really have to do with the offense. It’s still defense. We are still so slow and old that we cannot transition from defense to offense cleanly. If nothing else, we scored three goals despite that. I admit the defense is kinda better, not much, but slightly. We just gotta get some better, younger legs back there.

Also, I’ll make the prediction now, I really do think dach will probably stay up. I think the team is that desperate THIS SEASON to do well that they’re gonna keep him if he’s even a small upgrade. No idea how he’d look over a whole season, but I just feel it’s gonna be forced.
Oct. 21, 2019 at 12:57 a.m.
Chicago
I think sheltering Gustafsson on the third D pair has hurt his confidence. Should've just traded him in the offseason if that's their plan with him. The forward lines aren't terrible, I think Caggiula and Nylander deserve more ice time but how can they replace at this point? Putting Strome on the wing for Dach to play 2C didn't make much sense, and most teams break centers into the league on a wing anyway. I think De Haan needs more ice time, Seabrook and Keith need less. I think the forward lines are fine, but Shaw can't play top 6 minutes he takes a bad penalty every game. Switch him with Kubalik and watch Kubalik excel with gifted offensive talent.
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 21, 2019 at 12:59 a.m.
Chicago
If I had to pinpoint one spot of concern, it doesn’t really have to do with the offense. It’s still defense. We are still so slow and old that we cannot transition from defense to offense cleanly. If nothing else, we scored three goals despite that. I admit the defense is kinda better, not much, but slightly. We just gotta get some better, younger legs back there.

Also, I’ll make the prediction now, I really do think dach will probably stay up. I think the team is that desperate THIS SEASON to do well that they’re gonna keep him if he’s even a small upgrade. No idea how he’d look over a whole season, but I just feel it’s gonna be forced.

He didn't look bad against the caps at all, he shouldn't be centering any line this season though. If he stays up, it's gotta be on the wing.
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 21, 2019 at 6:32 a.m.
Quoting: NickC1988
He didn't look bad against the caps at all, he shouldn't be centering any line this season though. If he stays up, it's gotta be on the wing.

You are right, he was far from bad. If anything he was just unspectacular, which is probably standard from an 18 year old. I just wanna see him actually keep up with the pace of play. I know he still has to get his feet under him, and he will be given the time to do so, but time is wasting away and any line he plays on is easily one of the slowest we got.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll