SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

If every team’s players were in their prime, who would be the best team?

Who would be the best?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 21, 2019 at 7:01 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
If every player CURRENTLY ON THE TEAMS ROSTER was playing the best hockey of their careers (their prime) who would be the best team, of most talented?
Oct. 21, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
I think it's between Tampa and PIT w/ WASH definitely 3rd.

Tampa's best players are pretty much all at the top of their game. Stamkos is possibly the lone exception. Before his broken leg he was a top 5 player in the league. PIT has won 3 Cups with their now aging core. Sid and Geno alone could carry the Pens back to Cup glory. WASH needed time to mature, and one could argue their core was actually better all-around past their prime. Look at how Ovi matured as a 200 foot player.

I'd have to go with PIT. Even with a lack of scoring depth, I think Sid, Letang, and Geno would outperform Tampa as a team. Tampa was swept by CBJ despite all of their top guys being at or near the top of their games.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Oct. 21, 2019 at 9:41 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Brian2016
I think it's between Tampa and PIT w/ WASH definitely 3rd.

Tampa's best players are pretty much all at the top of their game. Stamkos is possibly the lone exception. Before his broken leg he was a top 5 player in the league. PIT has won 3 Cups with their now aging core. Sid and Geno alone could carry the Pens back to Cup glory. WASH needed time to mature, and one could argue their core was actually better all-around past their prime. Look at how Ovi matured as a 200 foot player.

I'd have to go with PIT. Even with a lack of scoring depth, I think Sid, Letang, and Geno would outperform Tampa as a team. Tampa was swept by CBJ despite all of their top guys being at or near the top of their games.

You bring up good points but for me it’s the Devils. Imagine prime Zajac, Schneider, Subban and Greene along with Hischier, Hughes and Bratt in their prime. That’s scary good.
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 21, 2019 at 9:53 a.m.
im sorry but no love for the bruins? this team just made the scf with a 41 year old chara bring him back to his prime and also. mix in prime krejci, prime backes, hell even prime bergeron... this team is 4 lines deep and ready to roll every single team in the league right now.
Oct. 21, 2019 at 10:19 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: hanson493
im sorry but no love for the bruins? this team just made the scf with a 41 year old chara bring him back to his prime and also. mix in prime krejci, prime backes, hell even prime bergeron... this team is 4 lines deep and ready to roll every single team in the league right now.

They could definitely be considered, but so could a lot of teams
Oct. 21, 2019 at 1:54 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
You bring up good points but for me it’s the Devils. Imagine prime Zajac, Schneider, Subban and Greene along with Hischier, Hughes and Bratt in their prime. That’s scary good.

do you mean their 'future projected prime'? or how good they are currently?
Oct. 21, 2019 at 1:56 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: moli92
do you mean their 'future projected prime'? or how good they are currently?

Future projected
Oct. 22, 2019 at 3:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
If we're including players who haven't hit their primes yet, I'm going with Chicago or Tampa. Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Saad and Crawford all playing at their old peaks, plus Debrincat, Strome, Dach and Kubalik all fully developed is scary. Pittsburgh would be pretty interesting, with Sid, Geno, Hornqvist, Letang, Schultz and Jack Johnson all turning back the clock (and JJ would actually be solid).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit