1. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
CAR
  1. Bogosian, Zach ($2,571,428 retained)
Additional Details:
Could be any team, I picked a team with extra draft picks
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (COL)
FLA
  1. Girgensons, Zemgus ($800,000 retained)
Additional Details:
BUF
  1. 2020 4th round pick (SJS)
  2. 2020 4th round pick (WPG)
MTL
  1. Larsson, Johan ($775,000 retained)
Additional Details:
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (MIN)
NSH
  1. Scandella, Marco ($2,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
BUF
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (BUF)
  2. 2021 4th round pick (OTT)
NYR
  1. Sheary, Conor ($1,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
BUF
  1. 2020 4th round pick (NSH)
PHI
  1. Sobotka, Vladimír ($1,750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (NJD)
VGK
  1. Vesey, Jimmy ($1,137,500 retained)
Additional Details:
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,675,595$0$5,165,000$5,824,405
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
LD
UFA - 1
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
D
UFA - 1
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 22, 2019 at 2:48 p.m.
Shibbal18
I dont think (and absolutely hope) theyre not in a position to gut their team going into April again.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
I dont think (and absolutely hope) theyre not in a position to gut their team going into April again.

They could gut some of rookies are doing amazing
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
Banned
Vesey for Bjugstad?
Bjugstad has one year left next year. 3C help while 18 year old Cozens develops.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 2:56 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
They could gut some of rookies are doing amazing

If theyre going into the playoffs, they arent trading out 6 of their current starters and replacing them with rookies that have little to no NHL experience. The NHL isnt juniors. Its also not the A. Add in the playoffs, those kids will get eaten alive. Botterill wouldnt do that
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 3:02 p.m.
If theyre going into the playoffs, they arent trading out 6 of their current starters and replacing them with rookies that have little to no NHL experience. The NHL isnt juniors. Its also not the A. Add in the playoffs, those kids will get eaten alive. Botterill wouldnt do that

I agree, but I'm thinking like trading Scandella and Subotka Replacing them with Tage and Pilot or Montour...
Shibbal18 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.
You can only retain on 3 salaries.

Also, no.
Shibbal18 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
I agree, but I'm thinking like trading Scandella and Subotka Replacing them with Tage and Pilot or Montour...

Scandella has a high % chance of happening, dont know about Sobotka.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Pharrow
Well we know this will not happen, I do not know of any team that has ever been able to trade all of their UFA’s at the TDL. That is why I called this my ideal 2020 TDL. trade them all and bring in the kids.
Thompson and Cozens played really well in the preseason tournaments (both were among the last players to be sent down), they are playing really well in their lower leagues right now and IMO they could easily replace Vesey and Sheary.
Furthermore, if we bring in Cozens, Johansson could go back to the wing (or play either Mittelstadt or Cozens at LW).
I thought that Rodrigues would be in the line up over Sobotka, so I put him there now.
Lazar and Asplund appear to be 3rd or 4th line players, so let’s cut the cap and bring in the kids.
Lastly, I really like this team and I like their chances, but if Cozens, Thompson, Pilut, Asplund and Lazar ready, trade what we have for younger players.

Bogosian and Scandella are easily replaceable with defensemen who are less expensive and better.
Lazar has played in only 5 fewer playoff games than Bogosian, Vesey, Girgensons and Larsson combined, so do not see how keeping them adds anything to the play off story.
I guess Matt Murray and Jake Guentzel really wilted under the playoff pressure as rookies in 2018.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
You can only retain on 3 salaries.
Also, no.

Yes, you cannot retain more than 3 salaries, I was waiting for some one to point that out.
At the beginning of the season, every one was willing to either buy out Sobotka, Scandella or Bogosian, or add a pick for a team to take them, or hoping they would go to the KHL, now I get a “NO” to the entire post. What a joke, wake up to the real world. If you want to make a comment at least give some reasons.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 5:21 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Pharrow
Well we know this will not happen, I do not know of any team that has ever been able to trade all of their UFA’s at the TDL. That is why I called this my ideal 2020 TDL. trade them all and bring in the kids.
Thompson and Cozens played really well in the preseason tournaments (both were among the last players to be sent down), they are playing really well in their lower leagues right now and IMO they could easily replace Vesey and Sheary.
Furthermore, if we bring in Cozens, Johansson could go back to the wing (or play either Mittelstadt or Cozens at LW).
I thought that Rodrigues would be in the line up over Sobotka, so I put him there now.
Lazar and Asplund appear to be 3rd or 4th line players, so let’s cut the cap and bring in the kids.
Lastly, I really like this team and I like their chances, but if Cozens, Thompson, Pilut, Asplund and Lazar ready, trade what we have for younger players.

Bogosian and Scandella are easily replaceable with defensemen who are less expensive and better.
Lazar has played in only 5 fewer playoff games than Bogosian, Vesey, Girgensons and Larsson combined, so do not see how keeping them adds anything to the play off story.
I guess Matt Murray and Jake Guentzel really wilted under the playoff pressure as rookies in 2018.

Yes, you cannot retain more than 3 salaries, I was waiting for some one to point that out.
At the beginning of the season, every one was willing to either buy out Sobotka, Scandella or Bogosian, or add a pick for a team to take them, or hoping they would go to the KHL, now I get a “NO” to the entire post. What a joke, wake up to the real world. If you want to make a comment at least give some reasons.

Rodrigues has not been good, and i really wouldnt worry about cutting the cap with moving out Larsson and Girgensons. Ive never been a huge fan of those 2, but results so far, i dont want to mess with that, that would be a line to rely on to win games at the end of the year. I think we need Sobotka to get hurt long term to replace him. Scandella is as good as gone, Id think before January 1. Bogo is gone, and they probably could move out another RHD or Jokiharju sits. Mittelstadt has been alright at 3c not blowing anyone away, i dont see him taking over 2c this year. He really just needs to work on his body though its not a talent thing, he needs to be stronger. If they move out Sheary and brought up Cozens at RW and keep Vesey on the 3rd line, I'd be less hesitant at best. Thompson needs to prove it in the NHL before I can trust him fully, he was always good in the A, but he's rebuilding his confidence so thats a positive. I would still look at an NHLer to upgrade 2RW through trading one of their assests instead.
Oct. 22, 2019 at 9:45 p.m.
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Pharrow

I have to give reasons for not trading half of the 1st place team in the nhl?
Oct. 23, 2019 at 1:14 a.m.
Banned
@BuFfaLOFaN
@Pharrow

Vesey for Bjugstad?
You don't think that could happen? Vesey has 2 points, both assists in 9 games. I mean if a streak like that continues. I think it could.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
Vesey for Bjugstad?
You don't think that could happen? Vesey has 2 points, both assists in 9 games. I mean if a streak like that continues. I think it could.

Opps, I was talking about my post (read the entire sentence straight through). I should have responded to your trade separately instead of just making you aware of my general reply.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 10:31 a.m.
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
I have to give reasons for not trading half of the 1st place team in the nhl?

Ha, Ha, Ha another stupid answer. Really you should just give up. You are extremely negative to nearly any post and this is a perfect example.
A review of you last 8 posts you trade every one of those players except Bogosian and in his place you traded Ristolainen. So you are critical of a site that trades the same players you suggest trading.
You are a joke and every one on this site knows that. You name is a derivative of a comedian.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
Rodrigues has not been good, and i really wouldnt worry about cutting the cap with moving out Larsson and Girgensons. Ive never been a huge fan of those 2, but results so far, i dont want to mess with that, that would be a line to rely on to win games at the end of the year. I think we need Sobotka to get hurt long term to replace him. Scandella is as good as gone, Id think before January 1. Bogo is gone, and they probably could move out another RHD or Jokiharju sits. Mittelstadt has been alright at 3c not blowing anyone away, i dont see him taking over 2c this year. He really just needs to work on his body though its not a talent thing, he needs to be stronger. If they move out Sheary and brought up Cozens at RW and keep Vesey on the 3rd line, I'd be less hesitant at best. Thompson needs to prove it in the NHL before I can trust him fully, he was always good in the A, but he's rebuilding his confidence so thats a positive. I would still look at an NHLer to upgrade 2RW through trading one of their assests instead.

Good answer.
I agree with your comment about Scandella and Bogosian, I just hope we can get a decent return.
I am sorry to say but Larsson and Girgensons have been a little disappointing this year. But you make a good point, they may still be adjusting to a new system.
Rodrigues has been equally unproductive, I never would have thought Sobotka would be in the line up ahead of him.
I think Tage has been good in the AHL only his last 21 games (11 goals, 17 pts in 17 games), his first 46 he only had 20 points. He and Cozens I believe were two of the last cuts, so they were close.
BTW Mittelstadt has been really good this past year. His defensive play is what has me becoming a big fan of his, more than his offensive contributions.
But of course this post is a reach and as I said it is very unlikely that any team would be able (or want) to trade away all of its UFA's.
So thank you for your thoughtful answer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll