56Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Anaheim Ducks
57Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
58Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
59Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
60Logo of the Boston Bruins-
61Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
Oct. 23, 2019 at 7:33 a.m.
I stopped reading when I saw Barkov over MacKinnon
CD282, BigOaf69, SpaghettiPasta and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 7:40 a.m.
And Nurse shouldn't be dropping. He doesn't get much PP time due to Klefbom, but at 5v5 he's one of the top offensive producers in the NHL.

http://naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason=20172018&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&stdoi=std&rate=n&team=ALL&pos=D&loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single&draftteam=ALL
Oct. 23, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
MK458
Quoting: CD282
And Nurse shouldn't be dropping. He doesn't get much PP time due to Klefbom, but at 5v5 he's one of the top offensive producers in the NHL.

http://naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason=20172018&thruseason=20192020&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&stdoi=std&rate=n&team=ALL&pos=D&loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

I'm an Oilers fan. Are you suggesting that Nurse is better than Bo Horvat??? Who would you drop to move Nurse back up? I love Nurse, but I'd take Domi or Horvat over him any day
Oct. 23, 2019 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: mk458
I'm an Oilers fan. Are you suggesting that Nurse is better than Bo Horvat??? Who would you drop to move Nurse back up? I love Nurse, but I'd take Domi or Horvat over him any day

Good point. I probably take him over Domi and Lindholm - having a top-10 defenseman is more valuable than a top-30 forward.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 12:10 p.m.
MK458
Good point. I probably take him over Domi and Lindholm - having a top-10 defenseman is more valuable than a top-30 forward.

Fair enough. But you really see Nurse as a top 10 defenseman? Also, Shea Theodore is very underrated. Statistically he's a top 5 dman when breaking out of his zone and making successful up ice passes. I might have him higher up on this list.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 12:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I endorse this Re-Draft.
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 12:24 p.m.
Quoting: mk458
Fair enough. But you really see Nurse as a top 10 defenseman? Also, Shea Theodore is very underrated. Statistically he's a top 5 dman when breaking out of his zone and making successful up ice passes. I might have him higher up on this list.

Yeah, the story hasn't been written yet. Miles to go.

Nurse is the 9th best 5v5 defenseman in the league in scoring (see the link above) in the past 2+ years, and he's not yet in his prime. Plus he's huge, strong and nasty, while also being an excellent skater who can log huge minutes.
mk458 liked this.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
Not so Fasth

Kinda hard to put him above the people ahead of him
Oct. 26, 2019 at 9:14 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
I stopped reading when I saw Barkov over MacKinnon

You stopped reading in 3rd grade.
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: DonkeyLips
You stopped reading in 3rd grade.

You’re just a troll. Get off this site if that’s all you’re gonna do
Oct. 26, 2019 at 9:21 a.m.
You’re just a troll. Get off this site if that’s all you’re gonna do

You're the troll. You try to make people believe you know anything about hockey when you are just as stupid as the rest of them.
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 12:11 p.m.
You're the troll. You try to make people believe you know anything about hockey when you are just as stupid as the rest of them.

Buddy you defend Erik Gubranson... enough said. I’ve been on this site way longer than you. People may disagree with me but I’m no troll. And you’re going back through all my old posts just to comment stupid ****? That’s the DEFINITION of trolling. Get outta here you clown. Cap friendly is better without losers like you
Oct. 26, 2019 at 12:34 p.m.
Buddy you defend Erik Gubranson... enough said. I’ve been on this site way longer than you. People may disagree with me but I’m no troll. And you’re going back through all my old posts just to comment stupid ****? That’s the DEFINITION of trolling. Get outta here you clown. Cap friendly is better without losers like you

I troll because the morons like you on here aren't capable of actually discussing things. As soon as I point out the reality of things people write me off as a troll. All I've ever done was look at gudbranson and Johnson for what they are; perfectly capable 3rd pairing dmen. In fact, compared to what a lot of teams have on their 3rd pairing, they are better than a lot of teams. If that is defending them so be it. I will gladly defend players for what they are rather than what you want them to be. If you want to make the argument that they are overpaid for 3rd pair dmen fine. But if you can fit it under the cap then it doesn't matter how much they are paid. This time they couldn't for so they moved one to make room. All that proves about their playing ability is that other teams think they are useful players as well. You also go on and on and on about Brandon tanevs 6 year deal. He has been exactly what this team has been missing. Who cares about year 6 because those 6 years includes right now when he is needed most. You have even said in 6 years nothing will matter anyways.

All you ever do is ignore and disregard any facts or points of views that don't go along with your own. That's just as much of being a troll as me or anyone else.

Que you calling me an idiot.
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
I troll because the morons like you on here aren't capable of actually discussing things. As soon as I point out the reality of things people write me off as a troll. All I've ever done was look at gudbranson and Johnson for what they are; perfectly capable 3rd pairing dmen. In fact, compared to what a lot of teams have on their 3rd pairing, they are better than a lot of teams. If that is defending them so be it. I will gladly defend players for what they are rather than what you want them to be. If you want to make the argument that they are overpaid for 3rd pair dmen fine. But if you can fit it under the cap then it doesn't matter how much they are paid. This time they couldn't for so they moved one to make room. All that proves about their playing ability is that other teams think they are useful players as well. You also go on and on and on about Brandon tanevs 6 year deal. He has been exactly what this team has been missing. Who cares about year 6 because those 6 years includes right now when he is needed most. You have even said in 6 years nothing will matter anyways.

All you ever do is ignore and disregard any facts or points of views that don't go along with your own. That's just as much of being a troll as me or anyone else.

Que you calling me an idiot.

LMAO buddy. I only bring facts into my arguments. Look at any single hockey analytic. Jack Johnson and Erik Gubranson are among the worst D in the NHL.
https://twitter.com/chartinghockey/status/1187851793264451584?s=21
He had a good small sample size in Pittsburgh last year but that’s all it was. A string of a couple good games. Believe me, I would’ve LOVED Gubranson to turn into a good bottom pairing D for us. I wish I was wrong about him and I would’ve gladly ate my words. But the truth is, he’s garbage and overpaid. He’s a replacement level D making top 4 D money. How can you justify that since they could fit him under the cap his overpaid contract doesn’t matter? That may be the dumbest argument you’ve Ever made. Pittsburgh could spend 4 million (7.25 million combined with Johnson) on MUCH better D options. Cap efficiency is so important and contracts like Gubranson impede this teams ability to improve. I used facts about Gubransons ability. You have not provided one fact at all. I have analytic numbers that back up my opinion on him. You do not. So once again, you’re the troll. Now please add me to your ignore list because I really don’t wanna waste any more of my time arguing with you.
Deleted.
Deleted
Oct. 27, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
LMAO buddy. I only bring facts into my arguments. Look at any single hockey analytic. Jack Johnson and Erik Gubranson are among the worst D in the NHL.
He had a good small sample size in Pittsburgh last year but that’s all it was. A string of a couple good games. Believe me, I would’ve LOVED Gubranson to turn into a good bottom pairing D for us. I wish I was wrong about him and I would’ve gladly ate my words. But the truth is, he’s garbage and overpaid. He’s a replacement level D making top 4 D money. How can you justify that since they could fit him under the cap his overpaid contract doesn’t matter? That may be the dumbest argument you’ve Ever made. Pittsburgh could spend 4 million (7.25 million combined with Johnson) on MUCH better D options. Cap efficiency is so important and contracts like Gubranson impede this teams ability to improve. I used facts about Gubransons ability. You have not provided one fact at all. I have analytic numbers that back up my opinion on him. You do not. So once again, you’re the troll. Now please add me to your ignore list because I really don’t wanna waste any more of my time arguing with you.

So looking at these stats that you site:

Olli maatta is amazing. - you havent totally thrown him under the bus, but you have called him a bottom pair guy and way over paid. The stats say otherwise.

Justin Schultz is trash at even strength. Why don't you bash him like you do gudbranson or Johnson? He is paid more and expected to do more.

Gudbranson was good with the penguins. There are no stats that you presented that say otherwise. He was bad with Vancouver but that was a different team and system. The stats with the pens all say good.

Ben Hutton. You have said he was someone the pens should get. His numbers here are worse than Jack Johnson's.

Jack Johnson's xG rates are as close to neutral as you can get. More so on the better side than bad. That's what you want from a third pair guy. Jake Gardiner has 3 points and is a -2. Johnson has 1 point and is even. Pretty similar stat line there.

All you have done is sift through stats and pick out whichever ones suit your argument best and ignore everything else. Thats the problem with all these advanced stats. You can always find one to support whatever argument you want.

Also, Branden tanev has been above and beyond better and more impactful than Michael ferland. There is no argument there. Eat those words.
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
Why do you keep liking my comments?
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 2:11 p.m.
Respect.
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Oct. 28, 2019 at 9:11 a.m.

Just going to ignore everything I pointed out with the stats that you provided. Seems typical for you. You are a never was. You're a troll that isn't even good at trolling.
MasterMatt23 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll