LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 23, 2019 at 11:15 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Before people start criticizing you for buying out two guys after the buy-out deadline, let me try to pre-empt them for you by saying I know you're just trying to get them off the screen.
Oct. 23, 2019 at 11:45 p.m.
Banned
Neither one of them was the reason this team lost.

First you had a bad penalty which was a ticky tack call to begin with in the final 3 minutes or whatever of the game. The refs should have let them play.
Second, you had a goal that went in, and they didn't allow it.
Third, they were stuck in their end most of the game on almost every line. We can go into the hows and whys of that, but a good part of it is having no real 4th line. Riikola out there playing wing looking lost and Blandisi who has no business in the NHL. So the team is basically running 3 lines. And while they aren't necessarily bad lines, they are out gunned. They need help in the forwards coming back.
Fourth Jakes turn over on the first goal was ridiculous. There is no way you can blame that goal on anyone but him. He also go the penalty in the end. Bad night for him.

While I agree JJ and Guddy shouldn't be paired together. With Dumo hurt and no real forwards available to come up from WBS what else are they going to do?
But I will say one thing. Guddy finally woke up and started doing what needs to be done. Probably because he realizes he needs to do something on the ice. His plays been ok for a 3rd pairing guy. I think your expectations are a bit too high. The same can be said about JJ.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 12:25 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: pharrow

First you had a bad penalty which was a ticky tack call to begin with in the final 3 minutes or whatever of the game. The refs should have let them play.
Third, they were stuck in their end most of the game on almost every line. We can go into the hows and whys of that, but a good part of it is having no real 4th line. Riikola out there playing wing looking lost and Blandisi who has no business in the NHL. So the team is basically running 3 lines. And while they aren't necessarily bad lines, they are out gunned. They need help in the forwards coming back.
Fourth Jakes turn over on the first goal was ridiculous. There is no way you can blame that goal on anyone but him. He also go the penalty in the end. Bad night for him.

While I agree JJ and Guddy shouldn't be paired together. With Dumo hurt and no real forwards available to come up from WBS what else are they going to do?
But I will say one thing. Guddy finally woke up and started doing what needs to be done. Probably because he realizes he needs to do something on the ice. His plays been ok for a 3rd pairing guy. I think your expectations are a bit too high. The same can be said about JJ.

1) JG penalty was 100% a penalty. He basically saved a goal or a really good 2-1 opportunity. Risk >
2) that wasn’t a goal.
3) JJ isn’t nearly as bad as penguin fans say. He’s playing fine
4) jugs is more likely the odd man odd not either dmen
5) stop making excuses. Penguins are hurt and played very well. You are just embarrassing yourself
riles23 liked this.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 1:00 a.m.
Pocket Aces
Quoting: Capitalfail67
1) JG penalty was 100% a penalty. He basically saved a goal or a really good 2-1 opportunity. Risk >
2) that wasn’t a goal.
5) stop making excuses. Penguins are hurt and played very well. You are just embarrassing yourself

oh of course a caps fan disagrees with the goal that clearly was in the net u would have a different opinion if it was the capitals
Oct. 24, 2019 at 1:04 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Amplifys
oh of course a caps fan disagrees with the goal that clearly was in the net u would have a different opinion if it was the capitals

It’s not “clearly” in the net. You want it to be a goal bc it benefits your team. Reality is different than hopes and dreams
Oct. 24, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
Pocket Aces
It’s not “clearly” in the net. You want it to be a goal bc it benefits your team. Reality is different than hopes and dreams

did u not see the black puck in the white glove clearly behind the goal line? and of course id o we got screwed over in the last 5 minutes from 2 stupid calls it was clearly in the glove past the goal line though
Oct. 24, 2019 at 2:09 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Amplifys
did u not see the black puck in the white glove clearly behind the goal line? and of course id o we got screwed over in the last 5 minutes from 2 stupid calls it was clearly in the glove past the goal line though

Haha okay
Oct. 24, 2019 at 2:38 a.m.
2) that wasn’t a goal.

1.) I don’t think it was necessary. It wasn’t like he was far behind him. He was practically with him the whole way. But I get why he did it too. Tough at the end of the game on a back to back when that top line is basically carrying the pens.
2.) I think it was a goal but because it was in the glove, it’s hard to say it’s conclusive. And since the call on the ice was no goal, kinda hard to overturn it. If it was called a goal on the ice, I’d say it probably doesn’t get overturned either.
3.) I don’t disagree there, I just think they need to trade Gudbranson for whatever (i don’t think they’d have to really pay) and shelter JJ on the 3rd pair with Marino and hope he can get some sort of value for himself.
4.) agreed. Highest salary and McCann/Blueger have proven to be able to replace him as the 3rd line center.
5.) These last few games should have had different outcomes. It’s frustrating to lose cause the team deserved a better fate, but I can’t be upset that we took a healthy Tampa team to the brink of losing in regulation with such a beat up team. That Tanev signing is looking a lot better than everyone (including myself) thought.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 2:46 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Pensfan89
1.) I don’t think it was necessary. It wasn’t like he was far behind him. He was practically with him the whole way. But I get why he did it too. Tough at the end of the game on a back to back when that top line is basically carrying the pens.
2.) I think it was a goal but because it was in the glove, it’s hard to say it’s conclusive. And since the call on the ice was no goal, kinda hard to overturn it. If it was called a goal on the ice, I’d say it probably doesn’t get overturned either.
3.) I don’t disagree there, I just think they need to trade Gudbranson for whatever (i don’t think they’d have to really pay) and shelter JJ on the 3rd pair with Marino and hope he can get some sort of value for himself.
4.) agreed. Highest salary and McCann/Blueger have proven to be able to replace him as the 3rd line center.
5.) These last few games should have had different outcomes. It’s frustrating to lose cause the team deserved a better fate, but I can’t be upset that we took a healthy Tampa team to the brink of losing in regulation with such a beat up team. That Tanev signing is looking a lot better than everyone (including myself) thought.

Tanev is a good player he just makes way more money than they should have paid him. But gmjr really wanted him i guess so he made sure he got him
Dan10900 liked this.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 7:14 a.m.
Banned
Tanev is a good player he just makes way more money than they should have paid him. But gmjr really wanted him i guess so he made sure he got him

The money is fine. Its the term that isn't
Oct. 24, 2019 at 7:36 a.m.
riles23
2) that wasn’t a goal.

I'm a pens fan and you are bang on about everything you stated. JJ is playing well for a 3rd pair D, Guddy needs to go in order to clear cap space. I also agree that Bjugstad will be the odd man out but could maybe make it a 3 team deal and get him and Guddy out for a small price.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 9:32 a.m.
Analytics are good

While it can be true that they weren't the reasons they lost this game, it is also true that the team is better off without the 2 of them
Oct. 24, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.
Analytics are good
2) that wasn’t a goal.

The Guentzel penalty wasn't a penalty. It didn't impact the possession of the puck, and he barely even touched Cirelli.
The puck was in the glove which was in the net, but that's really a toss-up
Johnson is horrible. He can't play with the puck, he can't play without the puck, and he has the hockey IQ of a wounded raccoon. He's bad both by the eye test and analytics standards
Bjugstad is more valuable to the team, it would be stupid to trade him and keep Johnson/Gudbranson on the team
Oct. 24, 2019 at 9:37 a.m.
Analytics are good
Quoting: riles23
I'm a pens fan and you are bang on about everything you stated. JJ is playing well for a 3rd pair D, Guddy needs to go in order to clear cap space. I also agree that Bjugstad will be the odd man out but could maybe make it a 3 team deal and get him and Guddy out for a small price.

Johnson isn't playing well. He's so bad. He's only remotely good on the PK, which is only a small portion of each game.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
2) that wasn’t a goal.

clearly caps fan unbiased opinion of a goal that went completely over the goal line.
You talk about embarrassing yourself.

And the penalty was ticky tack. 3 minutes left let them play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't call not bs penalty that did none of what you said it did. Try watching the game.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 9:50 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: PenGoater99
While it can be true that they weren't the reasons they lost this game, it is also true that the team is better off without the 2 of them

I don't see how the team is better off with out Guddy if they don't bring in someone to replace him.
You saw that last night. He grabbed maroon and let him know early that shizzzzzzzznit wasn't going to fly here.
And that was it because no one on that smaller TB team wanted a piece of him. He was more than willing to drop those gloves with them.
No he's not on the ice, and then what does that game end up looking like?

These are just facts of life. Sure you can make the argument the team is better off without him. But I have yet to see it. He hasn't played "bad." He's been ok for a 3rd pairing guy. I'm not sure what you think most people have on their 3rd pairing but they don't bring as much to the ice as Guddy does.

If his contract was 2 mil less you wouldn't even argue this. But you see a number and a bunch of people go, "he's so awful" and that's what you think.
This team doesn't have other people who brings what he does, and trading it out puts you right back there.
That's how you ended up with Reaves, then Big Rig, and when he wasn't willing to get it done, you ended up with GUddy.

So ask yourself, who are you going to replace him with, and are they any better and capable of doing what he does?
When you realize the answer is you can't think of one, than that's that.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 9:57 a.m.
riles23
Johnson isn't playing well. He's so bad. He's only remotely good on the PK, which is only a small portion of each game.

JJ is a 3rd pairing D and right now he is playing like it. He isn't making costly mistakes, he is clearing bodies around the net and he has been great on the PK. I am confused what else you want from a 3rd pair D ? Yes the PK is a "small portion of each game" but still a portion just like the PP (which is an extremely important "portion").

clearly caps fan unbiased opinion of a goal that went completely over the goal line.

Don't call not bs penalty that did none of what you said it did. Try watching the game.

guy, if it was so clearly in the net, they would have called it a goal. There is no camera angle that shows the actual puck in the net. You can't go off probables and common sense, they have to be able to see the puck, which they could not. If you can provide me with a view that shows the puck in the net, then I will retract my statement. The Pens are playing without 4-5 key guys and replacing them with AHL guys and still competing.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Caps fan idk why

I watched the game. It was a smart penalty imo. Tampa’s powerplay wasn’t gojng well and they basically had a 2-1. The 2-1 imo was more dangerous than the 5on4.

The nhl review the play for 10 minutes. I’m sure they now more than you do. At no point could you tell that the puck crossed the line. Obviously you’re wrong but who cares what you think bc the nhl clear also knew it wasn’t a goal
Oct. 24, 2019 at 10:08 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
JJ is a 3rd pairing D and right now he is playing like it. He isn't making costly mistakes, he is clearing bodies around the net and he has been great on the PK. I am confused what else you want from a 3rd pair D ? Yes the PK is a "small portion of each game" but still a portion just like the PP (which is an extremely important "portion").

guy, if it was so clearly in the net, they would have called it a goal. There is no camera angle that shows the actual puck in the net. You can't go off probables and common sense, they have to be able to see the puck, which they could not. If you can provide me with a view that shows the puck in the net, then I will retract my statement. The Pens are playing without 4-5 key guys and replacing them with AHL guys and still competing.

“It was a goal bc it was a goal”
what angle?
“It was clearly in the net”
What angle
“I saw the puck in the net”
What angle

Bud you’re wasting your time. Penguin fans are convinced it went in.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 10:09 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
The Guentzel penalty wasn't a penalty. It didn't impact the possession of the puck, and he barely even touched Cirelli.
The puck was in the glove which was in the net, but that's really a toss-up
Johnson is horrible. He can't play with the puck, he can't play without the puck, and he has the hockey IQ of a wounded raccoon. He's bad both by the eye test and analytics standards
Bjugstad is more valuable to the team, it would be stupid to trade him and keep Johnson/Gudbranson on the team

Short and sweet for you

Yes it was a penalty and it was clear as day
No that wasn’t a goal. It’s not going to be a goal bc you want it to be. Not how the nhl works. smile
Oct. 24, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
Pens fans are idiots. They have no clue what they are watching.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
Banned

I watched the game. It was a smart penalty imo. Tampa’s powerplay wasn’t gojng well and they basically had a 2-1. The 2-1 imo was more dangerous than the 5on4.

The nhl review the play for 10 minutes. I’m sure they now more than you do. At no point could you tell that the puck crossed the line. Obviously you’re wrong but who cares what you think bc the nhl clear also knew it wasn’t a goal

Yeah clearly, the whole glove being over the goal line with the puck in it.....but you know, no one could tell. tears of joy

Hell even the announcers thought it was a goal, and they weren't penguins announcers.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 11:18 a.m.
Banned

https://twitter.com/NationPenguins/status/1187202942367158277/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1187202942367158277&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pensburgh.com%2F2019%2F10%2F24%2F20930114%2Fkris-letang-last-ditch-effort-cross-goal-line-glove-safe-andrei-vasilevskiy-penguins-lightning-refs

there you go.
The picture does not lie......clearly in the net.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 12:02 p.m.
riles23

I agree that common sense says it is over the goal line, but again, that is not how the NHL deciphers if it is a goal or not (see Hornqvist goal in 2018 playoffs against the Caps). You cannot see the puck over the line, you are assuming it is in the back of his glove.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 12:26 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

I agree that common sense says it is over the goal line, but again, that is not how the NHL deciphers if it is a goal or not (see Hornqvist goal in 2018 playoffs against the Caps). You cannot see the puck over the line, you are assuming it is in the back of his glove.

1) the photo is distorted the goal line and crossbar normally are over top of each other.
2) that’s far from an obvious “puck in the glove” that literally could just be a decal on the glove. Haha there’s literally no context to this picture. It’s literally his glove behind the goal line. From what I saw he threw his arm forward and caught the puck. I can show you a picture of his hand with the puck in it outside the net.

Omg do you see the puck in his glove during warm ups? Clearly a black mark near the webbing

https://mobile.twitter.com/FantasyNerdFix/status/1187403311986724866

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll