SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Leafs fans take a vote... Who would you rather have?

Ceci or Zaitsev
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 24, 2019 at 11:33 a.m.
Now that youve actually seen ceci play... who would you rather have for this year? I believe they could have moved zhaitsev next year for a similar return this year fwiw.
Oct. 24, 2019 at 1:21 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
No should be another option on the poll
Oct. 24, 2019 at 1:24 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
No should be another option on the poll

i thought about this. but it needs to be one or the other. they cant dump ceci or zaitsev without giving something up. hell they gave up connor brown to dump zaitsev and got ceci in return...
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
It's hard to win in this league when you have to continuously pay other teams to take on your bad contracts. The Leafs have been crushed by Marleau, Kessel, and Zaitsev. The extra cap space and draft picks could've gone a long way towards building a Championship team. Although, I think it was Lou who signed Marleau and Zaitsev. Dubas is cleaning up that mess and making a new mess w/ Ceci (bad defensively) and Barrie (wrong fit wrong team) and Nylander (overpaid by $2M AAV).
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 6:58 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
It's hard to win in this league when you have to continuously pay other teams to take on your bad contracts. The Leafs have been crushed by Marleau, Kessel, and Zaitsev. The extra cap space and draft picks could've gone a long way towards building a Championship team. Although, I think it was Lou who signed Marleau and Zaitsev. Dubas is cleaning up that mess and making a new mess w/ Ceci (bad defensively) and Barrie (wrong fit wrong team) and Nylander (overpaid by $2M AAV).

For the record, I'd rather have Zaitsev if they cost the same.
Oct. 29, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
torontos finest
Ceci.

I think you forget that Zaitsev is on a contract for another 5 years.
Oct. 29, 2019 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Ceci.

I think you forget that Zaitsev is on a contract for another 5 years.

Oh no, i totally get it, but which zaitsev are you getting? zaitsev of 3 years ago or zaitsev of last year. hes got 1/8 of the points he had in the last 2 years in 11 games in ottawa.
Nov. 11, 2019 at 10:31 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: hanson493
i thought about this. but it needs to be one or the other. they cant dump ceci or zaitsev without giving something up. hell they gave up connor brown to dump zaitsev and got ceci in return...

Brown was why they got a third round pick
Nov. 16, 2019 at 2:30 a.m.
This poll is sort of irrelevant because if the Leafs had not moved Zaitsev, there was speculation that Zaitsev would just leave for the KHL so having him back was not an option.

Leafs decided to move him and got a guy back (Ceci) who has not looked worse than any other Leafs D.

Don't understand the hate towards Ceci.
palhal and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2019 at 8:34 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Fans didn't appreciate Zaitsev and the heavy minutes he played...a lot of the PK. But really the trade was made to get long term cap relief....no Zaitsev. But please don't criticize Ceci so much. He has to play with Reilly, and Reilly has been terrible in the own zone this year. Also Ceci certainly isn't the worse RHD the Leafs have, that is Barrie easily.

I wish the the Leafs (Babcock) hadn't pissed off Ozhignov so much. He and Dermot were playing well before Dermot injury, then suddenly Ozzie was banished to the press box.
Reilly Hainsey, Dermot, Ozhignokov. Ceci and Gardiner. If the cap could have worked out...that would been a better group to go with.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Quoting: oneX
This poll is sort of irrelevant because if the Leafs had not moved Zaitsev, there was speculation that Zaitsev would just leave for the KHL so having him back was not an option.

Leafs decided to move him and got a guy back (Ceci) who has not looked worse than any other Leafs D.

Don't understand the hate towards Ceci.

Quoting: palhal
Fans didn't appreciate Zaitsev and the heavy minutes he played...a lot of the PK. But really the trade was made to get long term cap relief....no Zaitsev. But please don't criticize Ceci so much. He has to play with Reilly, and Reilly has been terrible in the own zone this year. Also Ceci certainly isn't the worse RHD the Leafs have, that is Barrie easily.

I wish the the Leafs (Babcock) hadn't pissed off Ozhignov so much. He and Dermot were playing well before Dermot injury, then suddenly Ozzie was banished to the press box.
Reilly Hainsey, Dermot, Ozhignokov. Ceci and Gardiner. If the cap could have worked out...that would been a better group to go with.

Im not showing hate, just a purely speculative poll. Because they are quite similar. Babcock ruined zaitsev. Ceci was ruined in the 1-3-1 trap. It was a cap dump i know but all things being equal would you rather ceci or zaitsev. Dont take contract or speculation which player would you rather have.
Nov. 16, 2019 at 1:08 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Im not showing hate, just a purely speculative poll. Because they are quite similar. Babcock ruined zaitsev. Ceci was ruined in the 1-3-1 trap. It was a cap dump i know but all things being equal would you rather ceci or zaitsev. Dont take contract or speculation which player would you rather have.

Well if it's purely a fantasy type question, then Zaitsev. Obviously real life works very differently.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
Well if it's purely a fantasy type question, then Zaitsev. Obviously real life works very differently.

Babcock ruined zaitsev, just like he's ruining barrie. Ceci sucked to begin with. I would rather have zaitsev and its not close. Side note im not a leafs fan.
oneX liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit