Forums/Armchair-GM

A Theory to this Madness

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 26, 2019
Published: Oct. 26, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Allow me first to say, Kirby Dach should be back in juniors. I don’t care if he is playing good (which I don’t actually think he is), it doesn’t matter. The fact of the matter is that the hawks are not a playoff team and are pretty much staring down a barrel of a top 5 pick next year. If this is the case, why waste a year off dach’s ELC? There’s no point, and it would be better for our already screwed up cap.

With that out of the way, allow me to present you with a few numbers. 3, 4, 2, 3, and 3. These numbers are the amount of goals the hawks scored in the first five games. Exactly 3 goals a game. Now, 3, 1, 1, and 0. These numbers are the amount they’ve scored in their last 4 games. Good for 1.25 goals a game, pretty tough. Also, they lost all four. So, the question is, what changed? Well, clearly, the chemistry of the offense has been completely messed up. Also, in fairness, there is some element of not being able to finish chances.

How about this change: kirby dach.

Dach joined the team for their 5-3 loss against the capitals. Since then, he’s gotten his first goal and assist (which was such a joke). However, beyond just my usual criticism of his play and his inability to keep up with actual nhl skaters, i think he’s actually causing harm to the offense. When he joined, the team juggled and juggled lines to accommodate the golden child. However, in doing so, the chemistry of the lines that were seemingly starting to work after their win in the 5th games of the season were starting to plunge downward. The truth is dach doesn’t have a place in this team and should be sent back to juniors. Having him around only makes Colliton make even dumber choices and then makes the team ****.

Just an observation, but I thought it was kind of ironic that in four games, dach, this miracle child in the making, hasn’t seen a win or sparked the offense like he was supposedly in line to. Please voice your opinions.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$68,600,811$0$6,707,500$12,899,189
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 26, 2019 at 5:48 p.m.
He’s 18 and played 3 games.... give him some time. Though I agree he’s not ready for the NHL and should be in Lethbridge
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Im always in agreement with not rushing prospects. Its better that the team is horrendous without a young forward in the lineup like Dach. Its just going to slow his development and ruin his confidence. Happened with Mittelstadt last year, rushed him into the NHL. This year he is much better but it just illustrates your point
HatterTParty and exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 6:34 p.m.
Quoting: Ajp_18
He’s 18 and played 3 games.... give him some time. Though I agree he’s not ready for the NHL and should be in Lethbridge

I do agree he's 18. Believe me I'm not oblivious to that. Unfortunately, I've disliked this guy since the day he was drafted because our GM wanted the lower ceiling that was supposedly ready now. On top of that, this kid can't skate, and I can't stand players who are just big and think that passes for acceptable in today's NHL. If Dach is gonna be slow, he better start working his ass off, cuz he looks very lazy too, not just with the Hawks but when he with the Blades in the WHL too.
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 7:08 p.m.
They have no reason to send him down until his 9 games are up. What's the point of sending him down now? Surely you can't think Dach is the reason for the losses. How about a guy like Strome who looks horrible this entire year. Completely missing. Dach is easily a more talented player then Strome and a better skater not to mention better hands and stronger, he's been much more active on the ice in 3 games. I think the Hawks forwards are completely out of sync, not putting in 100%. They need to send a big message, and maybe that message is to trade one of their "core" players. With Dach in the cards for the future, Strome is redundant and surely would send a message.

Dach needs to mature, there is no doubt about that and I do wish we had Turcotte but we don't. So send him down and let the kid grow up, but allow him to play his 9 games.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
They have no reason to send him down until his 9 games are up. What's the point of sending him down now? Surely you can't think Dach is the reason for the losses. How about a guy like Strome who looks horrible this entire year. Completely missing. Dach is easily a more talented player then Strome and a better skater not to mention better hands and stronger, he's been much more active on the ice in 3 games. I think the Hawks forwards are completely out of sync, not putting in 100%. They need to send a big message, and maybe that message is to trade one of their "core" players. With Dach in the cards for the future, Strome is redundant and surely would send a message.

Dach needs to mature, there is no doubt about that and I do wish we had Turcotte but we don't. So send him down and let the kid grow up, but allow him to play his 9 games.

I completely agree, I should have made it clear, I don’t care if it’s now or at nine games. I just know he needs to go down. However, if I may for a moment........

I believe we all, as hawks fans, are not stupid and realized that a lot of strome’s success last season was down to his chemistry with debrincat. Having said that, since dach has been in the lineup, there’s no strome-cat line that was at least working at a passing level in the first five games. Also, there’s no toews-Kane line that was definitely better than any of the combos they’ve been in lately. My point is, dach’s presence in the lineup makes it tough in that he upsets some already established chemistry. I’m not saying he’s the reason they’ve lost. I’m just saying I find it quite ironic and more than a little amusing that him in the lineup has us scoring 5 goals in 4 games with a 0-3-1 record......

Also, he was non existent today. Along with the whole team.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 7:22 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk

Very valid message there. Dach was certainly unexpected at draft time but he is ours and we need to develop him and the juniors is where I believe he needs to be also. Give him the 9 games experience around the NHL to give him a sniff and tell him to go work his socks off and dominate juniors.
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 8:19 p.m.
Chicago
It's still too early to tell if this team is really a bottom 5 team. I think they have a bottom 5 coaching staff for sure, but the team itself is really not that bad. Scratching Caggiula is a very bad decision, he has 2 goals (2 more than Smith does) in a very limited role. All this talk about being big and physical is ridiculous and annoying. That has never been what Chicago Blackhawks hockey is about. Don't try to be the Blues, Bruins, or whatever physical team you're thinking of. The hawks just need to play faster. The hawks are playing such a slow style of hockey. How many times does Seabrook need to be on the ice for a goal against? How long is it going to take Colliton and co to learn the lesson that he gets too much ice? The ice time distribution is beyond incorrect. Strome on line 4? There's no net front guy on the first PP unit now that Nylander is on it. There's just so much wrong with the coach staff and the decision making process.
HatterTParty and ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 8:25 p.m.
Quoting: NickC1988
It's still too early to tell if this team is really a bottom 5 team. I think they have a bottom 5 coaching staff for sure, but the team itself is really not that bad. Scratching Caggiula is a very bad decision, he has 2 goals (2 more than Smith does) in a very limited role. All this talk about being big and physical is ridiculous and annoying. That has never been what Chicago Blackhawks hockey is about. Don't try to be the Blues, Bruins, or whatever physical team you're thinking of. The hawks just need to play faster. The hawks are playing such a slow style of hockey. How many times does Seabrook need to be on the ice for a goal against? How long is it going to take Colliton and co to learn the lesson that he gets too much ice? The ice time distribution is beyond incorrect. Strome on line 4? There's no net front guy on the first PP unit now that Nylander is on it. There's just so much wrong with the coach staff and the decision making process.

Agree with every little thing you just said. Especially Blackhawks hockey being up tempo, fast hockey. Where I do kind of differ though, is that this defense alone, in my opinion, makes us a bottom 5 team. There’s just no redeemable quality about them. I genuinely hope that if we miss the playoffs we another top 5 pick and we spend this entire draft looking for fast, elegant skaters. The penguins won two straight cups with a team that could just skate like the freakin wind. We have to get back to that. Plus (and please understand I’m just making an observation, not being overly critical), dach really needs players around him to make him better, especially fast players. That way, we can what kind of passing and vision he actually has. Cuz right now, I won’t say he doesn’t much to work with cuz that’s not true, but the team is just shot in terms of chemistry.
Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: HatterTParty
Agree with every little thing you just said. Especially Blackhawks hockey being up tempo, fast hockey. Where I do kind of differ though, is that this defense alone, in my opinion, makes us a bottom 5 team. There’s just no redeemable quality about them. I genuinely hope that if we miss the playoffs we another top 5 pick and we spend this entire draft looking for fast, elegant skaters. The penguins won two straight cups with a team that could just skate like the freakin wind. We have to get back to that. Plus (and please understand I’m just making an observation, not being overly critical), dach really needs players around him to make him better, especially fast players. That way, we can what kind of passing and vision he actually has. Cuz right now, I won’t say he doesn’t much to work with cuz that’s not true, but the team is just shot in terms of chemistry.

That's a fair assessment of Dach, I would agree with you, he should be tried on the wing at some point. I truly don't think the defense is terrible, every team has some pieces that weigh them down, but most teams are much better at utilizing players to their strengths and giving them sheltered minutes. Seabrook getting 18 a night and PP2 time is just not sustainable. He is not at that level anymore and the organization needs to realize that.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 9:13 p.m.
Chewbacca88
That's a fair assessment of Dach, I would agree with you, he should be tried on the wing at some point. I truly don't think the defense is terrible, every team has some pieces that weigh them down, but most teams are much better at utilizing players to their strengths and giving them sheltered minutes. Seabrook getting 18 a night and PP2 time is just not sustainable. He is not at that level anymore and the organization needs to realize that.

I just think we should go to Seabrook and say "waive your NMC or your gonna get comfy in the press box"
ChiHawk and Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
Oct. 26, 2019 at 9:46 p.m.
Chicago
Quoting: CrazyK04
I just think we should go to Seabrook and say "waive your NMC or your gonna get comfy in the press box"

I don't understand why they are so loyal to him. Yes he was important for the cup runs, but time has changed, what's the problem with that?
ChiHawk liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 12:39 a.m.
Quoting: CrazyK04

I don't understand why they are so loyal to him. Yes he was important for the cup runs, but time has changed, what's the problem with that?

Honestly, I’d threaten him with a buyout. If he’s half the player he claims to be, he’ll either get his ass moving or he’ll say okay fine and wave his clause.

Honestly, bowman has a bad history of rewarding success with signs of loyalty. Perfect example is Bryan bickell going from 525,000 per year to 4 mil over 4 years because of a decent 2013 playoffs. What?!?!?! The seabrook deal honestly may have been the point where bowman said, “okay, we’ve on enough, time to head into the sunset.”
Oct. 27, 2019 at 2:03 a.m.
Hawks Fan
I’ve been thinking about this lately. What do you all think about sitting Toews for a game? Can you imagine the fire that would light under his ass? He’s been underwhelming this year.

Also, that Bryan Bickell contract cost the Hawks Teuvo.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
Chicago
Honestly, I’d threaten him with a buyout. If he’s half the player he claims to be, he’ll either get his ass moving or he’ll say okay fine and wave his clause.

Honestly, bowman has a bad history of rewarding success with signs of loyalty. Perfect example is Bryan bickell going from 525,000 per year to 4 mil over 4 years because of a decent 2013 playoffs. What?!?!?! The seabrook deal honestly may have been the point where bowman said, “okay, we’ve on enough, time to head into the sunset.”

Quoting: Jco5ta5
I’ve been thinking about this lately. What do you all think about sitting Toews for a game? Can you imagine the fire that would light under his ass? He’s been underwhelming this year.

He could've bought out Bickell's final year, instead they trade him to Carolina with Teravainen as a sweetener. One of the worst moves he could've made.
Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.

He could've bought out Bickell's final year, instead they trade him to Carolina with Teravainen as a sweetener. One of the worst moves he could've made.

Yup, bickell trade was an absolute disaster. Your welcome Carolina!

Having said that, I would say there's two answers to sitting Toews. One, is of course not, he's a 10.5 million dollar player. The other answer, is money doesn't have any bearing on a player's standing in the team. You either perform or you don't, and if you don't, you sit. I have to say, I love that in hockey the players have their guaranteed money and contracts, but god does it make it harder when players fall off a cliff. In other sports, you fall off a cliff, you have opt out clauses or buyouts that barely effect the team. In hockey, it is such a drain that can effect the team for YEARS!!!! That's the tough spot about having guys like Seabrook, Keith, and to a lesser extent Toews.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 2:08 p.m.
Chicago
Yup, bickell trade was an absolute disaster. Your welcome Carolina!

Having said that, I would say there's two answers to sitting Toews. One, is of course not, he's a 10.5 million dollar player. The other answer, is money doesn't have any bearing on a player's standing in the team. You either perform or you don't, and if you don't, you sit. I have to say, I love that in hockey the players have their guaranteed money and contracts, but god does it make it harder when players fall off a cliff. In other sports, you fall off a cliff, you have opt out clauses or buyouts that barely effect the team. In hockey, it is such a drain that can effect the team for YEARS!!!! That's the tough spot about having guys like Seabrook, Keith, and to a lesser extent Toews.

Toews is one of the best face off guys in the league for years, he's not producing, but who is at this point? DeBrincat isn't. Strome isn't. A lot of guys aren't producing hence why the hawks keep losing. I don't think scratching him fixes anything.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 5:25 p.m.
Hawks Fan
Toews is one of the best face off guys in the league for years, he's not producing, but who is at this point? DeBrincat isn't. Strome isn't. A lot of guys aren't producing hence why the hawks keep losing. I don't think scratching him fixes anything.

Just knowing what a competitor Toews is, for him not to play will not sit well with him. Four game losing streak, top 6 not producing, maybe a single game sit down will be drastic enough to wake some people up and show that everyone is to be held accountable.

Seabrook sits tonight.
HatterTParty liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 5:41 p.m.
Chicago
Just knowing what a competitor Toews is, for him not to play will not sit well with him. Four game losing streak, top 6 not producing, maybe a single game sit down will be drastic enough to wake some people up and show that everyone is to be held accountable.

Seabrook sits tonight.

Seabrook should be sitting regularly that's no surprise or message really.
HatterTParty liked this.
Oct. 27, 2019 at 10:22 p.m.
Hawks Fan
Seabrook should be sitting regularly that's no surprise or message really.

True. I was more or less just making a statement that he was sitting.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll