Forums/Armchair-GM

Great Tampa game tonight and trades

Created by: BOLTLOVER1
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 30, 2019
Published: Oct. 30, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
As much as this game was like a mix between Shakespeare and Halloween Horror Show .. I enjoyed it on many levels. It is becoming more clear every game of the issues
HERE ARE MY GOOD .. OK.. AND GOD AWFUL

GOOD
1. Team did NOT quit .. was behind 2 goals in 3rd
2. Point and Palat were great
3. Got a point without Hedmen and Cernek .. their two BEST defensemen
4. Shattenkirks offensive skills are so elite
5. Volkov did OK .. focused on D and front of net .. has big body .. need to see speed next

OK
1. McElhenny .. hope he going as Charlie Sheen as Vietnam soldier for Halloween .
Not sure I have seen 30 plus close scoring chances in a game
2. Cirelli Killorn and Venaghe and Johnson .. Johnson had 3 pts but his own zone D is bordering atrocious and close to Kuch who HAS quit
3. Gourde down to 4th line and only 11mins ice time.. healthy scratch next

BAD

1. Kuch .. something not right there .
Barely playing now .. -2
2. Stamkos .. how many scoring chances and nothing. His only game left is PP. -2
3. SCHENN .. wow awful just not an NHL player
4. Colburn and Rutta . terrible
5. PENALTIES .. at some point Cooper needs to be held accountable

All in all it is 2 points and they fought but Tampa has MAJOR ISSUES.
Trades
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$81,500,000$81,869,641$0$1,362,500-$369,641
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$864,167$864,167
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,675,000$1,675,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,857,143$3,857,143
RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:10 p.m.
I agree with your points. Palat, Point and McElhinney (even tho he gave up 6 goals) stepped up. Volkov focused mainly on D, but I'm sure we will see him in the offensive zone more on Friday.

Man, Coburn and especially Kuch are really off right now. Don't know whats happening with Kuch, but he needs to get his **** together soon.

But the biggest issue are still those fcking penalties. 14 penalties in last 3 games...
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:46 p.m.
Yes Stammer should've converted more tonight. But he's also generating more chances. You gotta think something is gonna click soon. He's money in the bank on faceoffs. Is actually playing the body more and is making more of an effort in the corners. I think we're about to see the most complete season of Stammer's career.
Johnson was better. Gotta keep him with Pally for a little longer its coming along nicely.
Kuch is a worry and Coburn is terrible and the discipline was fcuking appalling.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 11:03 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Good comments .. agree on Stamkos FO% .. scary good .. but only ONE 5v5 goal this year in 12 games and a -2 plus minus .. with that said he at least showing hope compared to Kuch .. all those slot shots tonight on poor **** McElheny who was good and gave up 6 goals!!!! .. there had to be 10 open middle zone shots that were due to bad own zone D .. forwards HUGE part of that with Kuch and Johnson main culprits
Oct. 30, 2019 at 11:12 p.m.
GO BOLTS
Short term let’s start w discipline. Too many penalties that is on coaching. Cooper get pissed yell spit the gum.....
Oct. 31, 2019 at 7:44 a.m.
We need a coach with a real defensive structure and system, and we need to package one of our firsts to rid us of Gourde
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:19 a.m.
I'm so happy about Palat's season so far. He looks like his 2013-14 self again! Energetic, confident, using the body and making plays like we haven't seen him do in the last two years and maybe more. If he can keep this up his 5.3M cap hit is well deserved and I'm happy to have him with us.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: TMG
We need a coach with a real defensive structure and system, and we need to package one of our firsts to rid us of Gourde

It’s not just about finding someone with defensive structure. It’s about what our team can do. Our strategy for years has been to force the other team (through speed and raw talent) to open the ice, and throw everything into offense knowing that we can dominate when the ice is open and trusting that Vasilevskiy can shut down the other team (if not, just try and outscore them). We’ve seen when that works and when it doesn’t work and know something has to change, but these are things ingrained in people’s play styles. Cooper is trying to implement a solid defensive structure, and Kucherov has looked like a bust since then and Stamkos can only contribute on power plays when that whole thing disappears. I don’t think these players know how structured defense works well enough, and we need to make it a gradual change, and one leading to a system optimized for fast, small players. A coach with an established structure wouldn’t know how to start where Cooper left off before last playoffs and go from there.

As for Gourde, if he waives his NTC, we would have no trouble not only moving him, but moving him for a good return. His stats over the past seasons are hard to deny; he’s an extremely solid middle six winger on maybe a slightly overpaying contract. Depth is a major need in most franchises. If BriseBois packages a first to dump Gourde, that’s just awful GM’ing.
Nov. 3, 2019 at 12:58 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Nov. 3, 2019 at 1:17 a.m.
Quoting: Zwui21
I'm so happy about Palat's season so far. He looks like his 2013-14 self again! Energetic, confident, using the body and making plays like we haven't seen him do in the last two years and maybe more. If he can keep this up his 5.3M cap hit is well deserved and I'm happy to have him with us.

I told you mate to don't give up on Palat. You see, sometimes miracles happen. I also told you, he is the coach's favorite, and "you kinda said to me(not exact words) that i should shut up and i'm wrong... Palat is done forever... Trade that guy asap..."
Well, as you can see he is just a solid player, when healthy. Hopefully for a couple of more years...

About Hamonic = untouchable right now in Calgary = you can't trade for him. BOLTLOVER1, sorry but you need to find another good D, if you want to include your trades in future topics. Calgary will never let Hamonic go, unless for a huge value.( we don't make those trades) He is just playing too good right now. 7m+ salary RHD level...

But somebody explain me what happend with Coburn = AHL level or Kucherov = every day 3 mill caphit NHL'er.
I don't rate Schenn yet, i need to see him more defending... he probably needs more time to fit in...
We knew about Shatty(bad D, strong offense)
Rutta = AHL level player again. We will lose 66% of our games, if Rutta is playing... He doesn't belong to the NHL. He would be fine in any other league though... Blackhawks fans told us... but we didn't believe them... Seriously, just put Rutta on waivers... or we might only make the playoffs on 7-8th place... then we out in 2nd round...
Johnson,Killorn = solid so far this season, just as i expected...
Bye to Witkowski... i have no idea why we started him... rip that guy... another AHL guy...

Yeah i know Gourde played not good this season, but i still see the fighting spirit in his game, which should help the teeam come out from this mess we are in right now.

And i think you guys are forgot to mention Hedman:
since end of last year = he is always injured.
When he is not = he is a god still.
But last 20 games including playoffs = under 5 games when he is not injured = horrible for our team. I'm really scared that Hedman is injured this year again in the playoffs and we will allow once again around ~ 4 goals / game as the result of that single injury. Seriously, we just need some defensive depth to prepare for the Hedman injury.
Anyone want to guess how many games Hedman will miss this year? Without Hedman we will most likely!!! lose playoffs series vs like Pittsburgh,Boston,Toronto,Carolina and coinflip vs philly...

Currently rip all stanley cup dreams this year, and good luck to all other teams... unless we make hedman an ironman.. we are doomed... our D is in shambles whenever we play without Hedman... thats just unacceptable even in preseason... 2019/2020 first half of season = preseason for us... still unaccaptable...
i just hate to see our team letting 6 goals vs Devils... or score 1 vs Islanders and lose badly... i have one simple solution: try Cal Foote for 60 games+, and trade for TJ Brodie or Savard.That should result a better GAA over the regular season... Current GAA = 3.5/game = garbage = LA,Ottawa level.
Taking less penalties our goal for this year = biggest fail in coaching history of the NHL, what the freaking hell Cooper is doing... Can't he just tell shattenkirk that don't shoot the puck out of your D-zone. Or don't you dare to Hold guys with your free hand... Or please for god sake just don't slash the players when it's not needed... Seriously almost 75% of our penalties = completely unnessecary and coach should have a solution for that... Wake up Cooper...

And i don't even care about wins at this point of the season: i care about how we play as a team

Personal Ratings(like movie ratings:10/10 = best ):

5 on 5: 8/10

Offense:7/10
PP:6/10

Defense:2/10
PK:0/10
Goaltending:Vasi-5/10, McEl-8/10

Figthing spirit: 7/10
Team tactics:3/10(like keeping the lead or taking penalties)
Physicality:8/10(with witkowski gone it will go down)

Overall first 12-13 games ratings:
5/10 = unacceptable
We play exactly same as in preseason...( i watched all preseason games)... only difference we play with better players... but same horrible style... something is wrong with us... i just don't know what is the reason... did the players lost all their hope in the playoffs last year? i know it was soul crushing... but still...

Currently with my estimation we are still alright with these horrible performances.. we are still a playoff team around 10th-14th best team in the NHL.
But can every problem just suddenly disappear around the 50th game mark? I doubt it, but we will see.
I watch a lot of hockey , lots of other teams as well!!! ( lots of full matches in my freetime), besides colorado and lightning. And it's super obvious something is wrong with our playstyle every 2nd game. Super inconsistent. I have a good example: We are playing like Pittsburgh did last year = doomed to fail. Biggest reason = Defense. Our defense = just plain bad. Like Edmonton's last year... Super bad... We need to play 50 games without Hedman... or we will be never prepared for his injuries unless we trade for other D man... I never seen a team dependent on 1 defender player, like Hedman. It's just never be good enough in playoffs... unless we get extremely lucky and we avoid all bad matchups... ( Nashville, Islanders,St. Louis,Wash.)
The problem with this is that a stanley-cup finals won't make any lightning fan happy at the end of the playoffss... it's win or bust... vs good defensive teams we have sub 30% chance to win a series which is horrible, we should have at least 45% chance vs those matchups as well = we need a strong D system as well...

But there is hope: last year St. Louis showed, however bad your team looks in preseason or regular season(for us regular season mostly will be this year = preseason 2.0), you still might win the whole thing.
Let's hope something will click at some point of the season, and we will look like last year. (good offense+ good D + good goaltending + good pk + good pp).
Also our 5 on 5 is hopeful. I hope at least we keep that throughout the whole season.

Let's crush Buffalo Sabres now in Sweden!

Go Tampa Bay Lightning!
Nov. 3, 2019 at 1:37 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Nov. 3, 2019 at 1:49 a.m.
Quoting: I_Know_Nothing_About_Hockey_Or_Any_Sport2
If BriseBois packages a first to dump Gourde, that’s just awful GM’ing.

Gourde is always a + value for us... like JT Miller... same caliber player/same caphit... idk why we got a first for JT... things will even out in long run so Gourde/Johnson/Killorn should net us ~ 2nd round picks+ some other mediocre player/pick/salary retention etc... but who knows maybe our GM will do more miracles... and once again we get a first rounder... that would be gold hahaaalaugh

Pretty good stuff all you have written above me, i agree, we can't just suddenly copy arizona's playstyle or copy what Barry Trotz or Boston is doing in their D-zone... But still... we shouldn't let that many Pk's or that many high danger scoring chances, or like 40 shots/game. I've seen a pregame show where andreychuk explained difference:"shots vs chances", but the truth is every horrible shot can result to a goal via deflections, so a shot might look bad 8 times = never a goal, but the 9th+10th time it's a deflection(huge chance to be a goal if deflection is good). so overall it's a ~ 1/10 chance to score which is average in the nhl... So every shot matters... it can anytime result a goal, like a bad bounce or as i said a deflection... or own goal.. or goalie error...

Currently our GAA = 3.5 = LA kings level who are going for round 1 pick nr.1 desperately(Lafreniere). We don't go for that player... something is wrong...
i can't see any defensive structure right now... but when i see boston or islanders.... it's evident what they are doing = best defensive structure in NHL. We are like far away from that as Tampa is from Edmonton(in traveling distance)...
All i see is we try to go on crazy offense and never defend... 5 on 5 is better than last year maybe... but with injuries... it might not be... where is our PK BTW???? 85% last year... now around 70% LUL... just like in playoffs = our PK = non-existant... = ofc bad results...

We also give up too many 2-1 rush chances for no reason: see colorado game: hattrick from Jost... what the heck we are doing in games like that... where are our defenders... why not the forwards helping then... cooper should tell the guys when we play vs Nashville...
Don't let Josi shot the puck at all costs... when Forsberg and Duchene injured... JUST JOSI = NR.1 public enemy. What we do instead: let Josi shot and crush us... = all Nashville games = they just win because of small things like this. How is that hard to stop 1 Defender from shooting... if it's hard... we have no business in the stanley cup finals...

And also what we just did vs Carolina. That was just shameful to see... It was Columbus 2.0 in playoffs. We were completely garbage... we should've lost 3-13... not 3-3 result... or whatever it was... then OT...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll