Forums/Armchair-GM

New Buff News

Created by: tsyls
Team: 2019-20 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 30, 2019
Published: Oct. 30, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not sure if anyone caught Bob McKenzies report today on Byfuglien, he claims that he recently (didn’t make it clear how recent) had ankle surgery. He never made it clear whether or not he’s healthy again or not but clearly buff is still dealing with some issues with that injury.

It makes sense now why he’s not playing, I’m just confused with a few other things. If this is why he’s not playing, why didn’t he just report to camp and go on LTIR?? It just is weird to me this whole situation and with these reports now it doesn’t make anymore sense haha. My only theory is that he’s medically “cleared” to play so he can’t be on LTIR, and he just doesn’t want to rehab it and come back.

Let’s hear your guys’ thoughts, this makes me hopeful that’s there’s a chance buff returns. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play again this year but returns next year instead. They’re saying recovery into the new year and then a decision. Not likely he plays this year.

Take your time Buff! Personal health is the most important thing. Here’s to a speedy recovery! You’re the heart and sole of our team and we miss you :(
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
1$81,500,000$53,551,191$0$0$27,948,809
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:08 p.m.
Math and Sports
Why didn't he report to camp?

Probably felt like he didn't need the training camp cheques, and just wanted a long overdue vacation from hockey. As long as the front office is in the loop, I have zero problem with any of this.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:09 p.m.
Banned
If this is true, I'm not sure how true it is.
Maybe the injury is not hockey related and that causes problems.
Furthermore, depending on what the injury was, you are talking about a big guy coming back playing on that ankle which might not be able to take it.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:09 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Not in a rude way, I think he’s just done, he’s a massive guy and played a intensely hard game, won a cup, been an elite player/ top defensemen for most of his career. He may just be done, tired and beaten down and knows another injury could cause serious long term effects for after hockey.
tsyls liked this.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
Not in a rude way, I think he’s just done, he’s a massive guy and played a intensely hard game, won a cup, been an elite player/ top defensemen for most of his career. He may just be done, tired and beaten down and knows another injury could cause serious long term effects for after hockey.

Quoting: pharrow
If this is true, I'm not sure how true it is.
Maybe the injury is not hockey related and that causes problems.
Furthermore, depending on what the injury was, you are talking about a big guy coming back playing on that ankle which might not be able to take it.

All of this is true! I just thought I’d provide the update for everyone! I was curious as to why he didn’t go on IR and didn’t think about a non hockey injury. I doubt he cares about the money really either. He probably won’t return the same buff if he does decide to come back. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him retire come February either.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:13 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Hopefully he is jets acquisition at trade deadline for stretch drive to sneak into playoff. I think he woke up at training camp morning and didn’t do anything all summer, and then questioned coming back at all. He decideds he wants to come back, and try’s ramping it up and old nagging injury, puts him into surgery and rehab mode. But not sure how any will respond by tdl or a season right off and possibly career.
tsyls liked this.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:14 p.m.
Quoting: TheCelt
Why didn't he report to camp?

Probably felt like he didn't need the training camp cheques, and just wanted a long overdue vacation from hockey. As long as the front office is in the loop, I have zero problem with any of this.

happy

And I completely agree, I have no issue if this is the case.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 1:20 a.m.
The reasons you all pointed out very plausible. There was a report out there during the summer that Buff and Wheeler butted heads.

Now if one were to take the reasons posted above and then factor in that maybe there's an issue between the two players, then more than likely Buff at the very least sits out the entire season.

The not going on LTIR thing is baffling.
tsyls liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll