Forums/Armchair-GM

Kyle Palmieri would be the ideal fit on line 2

Created by: kscoop
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 31, 2019
Published: Oct. 31, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Devils get a speedy 2 way RW in Kuhlman, a very NHL ready dman in Lauzon and a 1st round pick to take the anchor that is David Backes.
Bruins lines would be set. This team is already hard to beat, adding Palmieri for 1.5 years would give the Bruins the best chance at a cup this year and next.
Moore to whoever. I figure the Jets as they appear to be desperate for defensive help.
Trades
BOS
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (WPG)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,846,667$0$2,432,500$6,653,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 31, 2019 at 8:31 a.m.
Banned
not being a rental and being a pretty solid player, he probably costs you a 1st alone.
The other 2 aren't even close to making up for taking Backes.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 8:34 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
not being a rental and being a pretty solid player, he probably costs you a 1st alone.
The other 2 aren't even close to making up for taking Backes.

Not sure you are familiar with Lauzon. He is very ready to play in the NHL. Kuhlman can play regularly. I would say this would be more than enough to take Backes.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 8:40 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: kscoop
Not sure you are familiar with Lauzon. He is very ready to play in the NHL. Kuhlman can play regularly. I would say this would be more than enough to take Backes.

yeah they aren't.
And Lauzon is no where near ready to play at the NHL level you saw that last year. Ain't much changed. He may never make it to the NHL level.
So lets just stop right there.
No team is taking on a 6 million cap hit that offers nothing to a team.
You aren't even talking about a guy who is "over paid" but can still contribute. He's a pure cap dump. Those two don't equal that to any team at all.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 8:53 a.m.
yeah they aren't.
And Lauzon is no where near ready to play at the NHL level you saw that last year. Ain't much changed. He may never make it to the NHL level.
You aren't even talking about a guy who is "over paid" but can still contribute. He's a pure cap dump. Those two don't equal that to any team at all.

I don't think you watch enough to make a statement like that. Unfortunately for guys like Lauzon/Zboril the Bruins are loaded on LD. Both these guys would more than likely be in the NHL if they were on another team like NJ. I assume you are a Devils fan? Have you watched your team's performance thus far? Your defense is atrocious. Lauzon, in particular would be a huge asset on a team that will be sellers sooner rather than later. You forgot to mention Kulhman who is an NHL'er already and a 1st in a deep draft.
Propeller09 and Gofnut999 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 8:58 a.m.
yeah they aren't.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Lauzon is 100% NHL Ready and was really good when he was playing in the NHL last year. I think you are thinking of Zboril. If this is a TDL deal, the Backes effect isn't as bad as you think. He costs nothing next year (sure, the cap hit, but real money is nothing) and NJ doesn't need the cap space next year and if they buy him out next year, his cap hit is 4m and 1m. Backes isn't Marleau. His real money for 2 years is less than Marleau for one and the Bruins aren't desperate. Their cap is in fine shape. EVERYONE knew Toronto was in a bind. The Bruins Cap situation is fine.
Kuhlman is a legit 6-9 forward in the NHL.
kscoop and Gofnut999 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:02 a.m.
Quoting: Propeller09
Sorry, but you are wrong. Lauzon is 100% NHL Ready and was really good when he was playing in the NHL last year. I think you are thinking of Zboril. If this is a TDL deal, the Backes effect isn't as bad as you think. He costs nothing next year (sure, the cap hit, but real money is nothing) and NJ doesn't need the cap space next year and if they buy him out next year, his cap hit is 4m and 1m. Backes isn't Marleau. His real money for 2 years is less than Marleau for one and the Bruins aren't desperate. Their cap is in fine shape. EVERYONE knew Toronto was in a bind. The Bruins Cap situation is fine.
Kuhlman is a legit 6-9 forward in the NHL.

Also Backes still has some game, he just doesn't fit the Bruins style and system. Backes has basically the exact same last three years (including this one) that Miles wood has. Yes, he is overpaid, The cap doesn't matter to NJ, but real money does and it's not that bad to keep or buy him out.

It's really not that hard of a concept. Palmieri will make 9m+ over next two in real money. Backes will make 8. So, if you are an owner for a team who won't be in the playoffs, do you care about REAL money or your cap hit?
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:10 a.m.
I don't see why NJD does it. Its not a great way to convince Hall to stay in NJD, by trading one of the teams best goal scorers. If NJD were to trade Palmieri, they'd want DeBrusk back.
Book_Hockey liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:15 a.m.
Devils are not moving Palms. He's a jersey native who loves the area and him and his wife are heavily involved in multiple charities/organizations.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:37 a.m.
guys. if sweeney didnt trade backes in the offseason. what makes you think they are going to trade him in season with a first?
ON3M4N and Gofnut999 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:53 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
guys. if sweeney didnt trade backes in the offseason. what makes you think they are going to trade him in season with a first?

Agreed, but the ONLY way I see Sweeney doing it is if this team kept playing at the pace they are and Sweeney had a chance to add a legit #2RW. Even then I think it would have to be to good of a deal to pass up.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
Edited Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
Also Backes still has some game, he just doesn't fit the Bruins style and system. Backes has basically the exact same last three years (including this one) that Miles wood has. Yes, he is overpaid, The cap doesn't matter to NJ, but real money does and it's not that bad to keep or buy him out.

It's really not that hard of a concept. Palmieri will make 9m+ over next two in real money. Backes will make 8. So, if you are an owner for a team who won't be in the playoffs, do you care about REAL money or your cap hit?

Backes has no value to anyone other than getting to the cap floor. Most likely he is bought out and that will be the end of his career.
pharrow liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
I almost thought it was Bananahockey posting this given his obsession with KP. But the title used correct words in the right order and did not sound like a handicapped 5 year old wrote it so i had to click to see. Lol.

Interesting. I don’t think Devils do it but interesting.

You’ll have to forgive pharrow. He undervalues everything Bruins related.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Gofnut999
Backes has no value to anyone other than getting to the cap floor. Most likely he is bought out and that will be the end if his career.

seriously I don't know where he got that from. He must be smoking some really strong weed.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:34 a.m.
seriously I don't know where he got that from. He must be smoking some really strong weed.

to each their own... its legal to do so here now assuming he lives in mass cool
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:40 a.m.
Banned
I almost thought it was Bananahockey posting this given his obsession with KP. But the title used correct words in the right order and did not sound like a handicapped 5 year old wrote it so i had to click to see. Lol.

Interesting. I don’t think Devils do it but interesting.

You’ll have to forgive pharrow. He undervalues everything Bruins related.

No one is undervaluing anything.
Some people are over valuing a lot though.
Backes has value?
Kuhlman is a legit 6-9 forward in the NHL?

are you kidding me?
This team has one legit 2nd line winger in Debrusk. If they had another they wouldn't be looking for one!
The team has no depth after Debrusk and the top line on the wing. There isn't a legit 6-9 winger to be found other then them. It's why there is like 0 secondary scoring on the team.

And Lauzon still isn't ready to play at the NHL level. He sure as hell isn't worth taking on that Backes contract. It's not even worth debating that. We both know that's true.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:42 a.m.

Yeah - he would be playing on 20+ other teams in the league. Especially at league min.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:44 a.m.
Backes has value?

are you kidding me?
This team has one legit 2nd line winger in Debrusk. If they had another they wouldn't be looking for one!
The team has no depth after Debrusk and the top line on the wing. There isn't a legit 6-9 winger to be found other then them. It's why there is like 0 secondary scoring on the team.

And Lauzon still isn't ready to play at the NHL level. He sure as hell isn't worth taking on that Backes contract. It's not even worth debating that. We both know that's true.

Kuhlman is a 3rd liner. And Lauzon is NHL ready. Backes has no value.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
Backes has value?

are you kidding me?

Addressing the bold: Heinen is a perfect middle 6 winger. bjork will surprise alot of people this year. that will be a good 3rd line of bjork-coyle-heinen if they keep him up here. you arent incorrect about the 2nd rw spot. kuhlman likely isnt ready for that spot. maybe heinen could slide up to that spot? and when kuhlman comes back he can take heinens spot? its all a work in progress right now that being said i wouldnt mind an actual 2nd line rw thats proven he can score to come in at the tdl and be able to gel and score goals.

Lauzon is ready for the nhl. tell me who he plays over right now though? chara? no. Krug? no. Grz? no. Moore? maybe but likely not. theres a logjam of dmen right now. in limited action last year, he held his own.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
Yeah - he would be playing on 20+ other teams in the league. Especially at league min.

Backes....lol...no. That’s who we were talking about.

I assume you were talking Lauzon and that would be correct.

You are wrong about Backes having any value. He is very wrong about Lauzon.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
Backes has value?

are you kidding me?

Again Wrong.

IF they were really looking for a 2nd line winger, they would have one. They WANT one of their guys to fill it internally. You clearly don't know enough about the Bruins. The lack of secondary scoring came from Krejci being out. Debrusk should have more points. He always seems to be the 3rd assist guy who made the play happen.

Bjork, Heinen and Kuhlman are all top 9 forwards. Sorry. All with Potential to be top 6.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
Kuhlman is a 3rd liner. And Lauzon is NHL ready. Backes has no value.

Just wait and see what teams get when selling at the deadline. These teams are in for a big surprise if they think other GM's are going to overpay. I've said on here numerous times that Stone is better than Hall and look at what the Sens got for him in return. Brannstrom + 2nd

Taylor Hall won't fetch much more than that. Palmieri the same, although he has 1 more year left on a nice deal but is half the player of Stone/Hall.

We can re-convene after these players are dealt.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: kscoop
Just wait and see what teams get when selling at the deadline. These teams are in for a big surprise if they think other GM's are going to overpay. I've said on here numerous times that Stone is better than Hall and look at what the Sens got for him in return. Brannstrom + 2nd

Taylor Hall won't fetch much more than that. Palmieri the same, although he has 1 more year left on a nice deal but is half the player of Stone/Hall.

We can re-convene after these players are dealt.

I was responding to pharrow and was strictly talking about those players value.

If NJ says no it’s simply because of Backes. 1st and Kuhlman is KPs trade value.

GMs are finally smartening up and putting value on premium picks and not pissing them away for rentals at the deadline. The Fletcher school of GMing is dying.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
Backes....lol...no. That’s who we were talking about.

I assume you were talking Lauzon and that would be correct.

You are wrong about Backes having any value. He is very wrong about Lauzon.

I think you have a misguided view of other teams.

Backes is in over: Especially when Cap is not a factor.
Carolina - Gibbons and Wallmark.
SJ - Gambrell, Brodinski, Gregor.
NJ - Hayden, Rooney.
STL - MaEachern
Tampa - Conacher, Verhaeghe
Toronto - Spezza, Shore.

Lots of teams playing with 27 year old career minor leaguers. Backes still has some game. He doens't work in Boston's system and isn't worth anyhwere near 6m, He is a good vet than can slide in anywhere for a short period of time. He is still a 20 pt in the league.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
I think you have a misguided view of other teams.

Backes is in over: Especially when Cap is not a factor.
Carolina - Gibbons and Wallmark.
SJ - Gambrell, Brodinski, Gregor.
NJ - Hayden, Rooney.
STL - MaEachern
Tampa - Conacher, Verhaeghe
Toronto - Spezza, Shore.

Cap is a factor. And 3/4 of those guys offer way more than Backes does. Lol. You have rose colored glasses on.

If Backes was making league minimum only 2 or 3 of those guys might get traded 1 for 1 for him.
hanson493 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Cap is a factor. And 3/4 of those guys offer way more than Backes does. Lol. You have rose colored glasses on.

No, I don't.
The statement was even at league min he has not value. He does. You have black and gold colored glasses. None of those guys offer more than Backes does. None of them. Bruins have a ton of depth which is why they are good. Look at their current or former 4th liners - they all have or likely will move on because they priced themselves out.

Acciari, Schaller, Czarnik, Nash...

If Backes is bought out, there would be a pretty decent amount of teams looking to sign him for his leadership alone. Don't get me wrong, he has negative value at 6m, but as your 12th-13th forward making 800K or whatever, he is well worth it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll