$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 3
$763,333$763,333 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 31, 2019 at 1:51 p.m.
holy crap. stop with the troll posts. this guys signed to 6 years at great term. explain to me in what world would they want to move chychrun for spare parts?
jpsnow13 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
holy crap. stop with the troll posts. this guys signed to 6 years at great term. explain to me in what world would they want to move chychrun for spare parts?

Poehling is not a spare part in Montreal's system. You don't have to like the trade idea. But you are getting outraged over nothing.
TopLineTom43 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 2:02 p.m.
Quoting: RobbStark03
Poehling is not a spare part in Montreal's system. You don't have to like the trade idea. But you are getting outraged over nothing.

he posted a similar trade this morning. And yeah, under no scenario is one of the best defensive teams this year moving a young cost controlled dman. Useless post, waste of everyones time. This is real life not a video game. chychrun is essentially an untouchable unless his play drops off a cliff significantly.
RobbStark03 and jpsnow13 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 2:16 p.m.
he posted a similar trade this morning. And yeah, under no scenario is one of the best defensive teams this year moving a young cost controlled dman. Useless post, waste of everyones time. This is real life not a video game. chychrun is essentially an untouchable unless his play drops off a cliff significantly.

This whole armchair GM thing is 99% things that will never happen. The only 1% of things that do happen, already happened and people somehow think they are breaking news on this sit. People dream, they want your players. Don't worry about it.
TopLineTom43 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 2:45 p.m.
Quoting: RobbStark03
This whole armchair GM thing is 99% things that will never happen. The only 1% of things that do happen, already happened and people somehow think they are breaking news on this sit. People dream, they want your players. Don't worry about it.

YEAH BUT THIS AGM HURTS MY FEELINGS SO THEREFORE ITS INVALID! rolling eyes
TopLineTom43 and RobbStark03 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
Banned

I get what you’re are saying but this trade isn’t nearly as bad as you’re claiming. Chychrun Isn’t “untouchable”. He’s playing above average this year. 12 gp 5 points -2. He has 15 blocked shots 10 hits 0takeaways and 8 giveaways. He’s a -8 in the turnover ratio.

In 183g 59p(18g 41a) -26 264 blocked shots 267 hits 51 takeaways and 118 giveaways. He roughly turns the puck over 2x more than he takes it away. His contract is more fair than cheap.

Just saying be nice and don’t overvalue your players. His stats are average at best. Besides his entry numbers they are pretty impressive.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/christopher.turtoro#!/vizhome/2-yearA3ZPlayerComps/ComparisonDashboard

Solid tool to use
Oct. 31, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
YEAH BUT THIS AGM HURTS MY FEELINGS SO THEREFORE ITS INVALID! rolling eyes

I though the value was more than fair. What do I know ha
Oct. 31, 2019 at 3:09 p.m.
Quoting: TopLineTom43
I though the value was more than fair. What do I know ha

At the end of the day "fair" is subjective. Your comment above is spot on though. Chychrun is playing pretty well this year but he is by no means an untouchable. The offer above is actually way more value than Chychrun is probably worth right now.

Poehling - Arguably a top 50 prospect in the NHL. Listed by numerous prospect listings/ratings as top 50.
2nd round pick Chicago - 31-45ish
Lehkonen - Young "cost controlled" winger. wink At the very worst a 3rd rounder bordering on 2nd rounder would be the cost for a player like him.
Reilly - Depth dman, probably 6th round pick at best.

Top prospect
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
6th rounder

Thats a pretty fair value offer.
TopLineTom43 and math731 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 3:17 p.m.
Banned
At the end of the day "fair" is subjective. Your comment above is spot on though. Chychrun is playing pretty well this year but he is by no means an untouchable. The offer above is actually way more value than Chychrun is probably worth right now.

Poehling - Arguably a top 50 prospect in the NHL. Listed by numerous prospect listings/ratings as top 50.
Lehkonen - Young "cost controlled" winger. wink At the very worst a 3rd rounder bordering on 2nd rounder would be the cost for a player like him.

Top prospect
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
6th rounder

Like you said fair is subjective but common sense would say this is more than enough to get an average to above average defenseman. If I’m the habs I’ll sign Romanov (his ceiling imo is way higher) and keep my players.
math731 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 3:24 p.m.
I get what you’re are saying but this trade isn’t nearly as bad as you’re claiming. Chychrun Isn’t “untouchable”. He’s playing above average this year. 12 gp 5 points -2. He has 15 blocked shots 10 hits 0takeaways and 8 giveaways. He’s a -8 in the turnover ratio.

In 183g 59p(18g 41a) -26 264 blocked shots 267 hits 51 takeaways and 118 giveaways. He roughly turns the puck over 2x more than he takes it away. His contract is more fair than cheap.

Just saying be nice and don’t overvalue your players. His stats are average at best. Besides his entry numbers they are pretty impressive.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/christopher.turtoro#!/vizhome/2-yearA3ZPlayerComps/ComparisonDashboard

Solid tool to use

Im not even a coyotes fan... this is just a poor trade for the coyotes to make. Ide say he is their 4th dman on a team that is going to make the playoffs with their defensive play this year. You just dont trade young talent. I love all the habs fans trying to justify this trade... so youre gunna trade mete or kotkaniemi/suzuki whoever is 2c in a couple years when you arent making the playoffs for a 3rd line winger, a 6th/7th dman a 2nd and a prospect?
Oct. 31, 2019 at 3:31 p.m.

Top prospect
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
6th rounder

if Poehling is so good why isnt he up right now playing 3c? and sure in a vacuum you can say its fair value. But you cant discount that the yotes are trying to compete, you cant discount they dont have a ld replacement for chychrun now or in the future, you cant discount the kid is only 21 years old signed for 6 more years. you dont think hes going to outgrow that contract anytime soon? I mean cmon. its not just looking at player stats vs player stats here.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 3:40 p.m.
Banned
Im not even a coyotes fan... this is just a poor trade for the coyotes to make. Ide say he is their 4th dman on a team that is going to make the playoffs with their defensive play this year. You just dont trade young talent. I love all the habs fans trying to justify this trade... so youre gunna trade mete or kotkaniemi/suzuki whoever is 2c in a couple years when you arent making the playoffs for a 3rd line winger, a 6th/7th dman a 2nd and a prospect?

Not a habs fan but if somebody offered them a top 50 prospect, a middle 6 winger, a depth dman and a 2nd round pick for Mete I’m sure they would be intrigued. Because a player is young doesn’t mean they are good. He could easily develop into a great player but based off his previous stats he is a very average player. His contract is just okay. You make it seem like he’s on a steal of a contract. Look at a kempny contract yes kempny is older but his contract is what I would consider great. That fact you are so angry over a trade that is actually acceptable is why is crazy to me. Chychrun Is good but he’s not a top 50 defenseman no need to glorify him. Side note. Teams with average defensive numbers have won the last few cups.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 3:53 p.m.
Not a habs fan but if somebody offered them a top 50 prospect, a middle 6 winger, a depth dman and a 2nd round pick for Mete I’m sure they would be intrigued. Because a player is young doesn’t mean they are good. He could easily develop into a great player but based off his previous stats he is a very average player. His contract is just okay. You make it seem like he’s on a steal of a contract. Look at a kempny contract yes kempny is older but his contract is what I would consider great. That fact you are so angry over a trade that is actually acceptable is why is crazy to me. Chychrun Is good but he’s not a top 50 defenseman no need to glorify him. Side note. Teams with average defensive numbers have won the last few cups.

Mete isnt as good as chychrun so i agree, also different situations where montreal isnt good enough to compete right now. arizona is going for the playoffs. Lehkonen is a bottom 6 forward. i wouldnt say he is 2nd line worthy. to me hes strictly a 3rd liner. Im not saying anything about chychrun being a top dman in the league. hes the 4th best dman on his own team. but how many 21 year old top 4 dmen are being traded away?
Oct. 31, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
Banned
Mete isnt as good as chychrun so i agree, also different situations where montreal isnt good enough to compete right now. arizona is going for the playoffs. Lehkonen is a bottom 6 forward. i wouldnt say he is 2nd line worthy. to me hes strictly a 3rd liner. Im not saying anything about chychrun being a top dman in the league. hes the 4th best dman on his own team. but how many 21 year old top 4 dmen are being traded away?

I can probably google a list but I’m too lazy. Guys like Dahlin or Heiskanen would be guys I wouldn’t pick up the phone for. I’m not sure if AZ got better or if that division just sucks now ha. Getting kessel was huge but look at Strome trade. They traded a 21 year old #2 center or look at the Domi trade? Az has traded good young talent for okay returns. It’s not unthinkable that they would trade Chychrun. I do agree that Mete isn’t great. I think he is glorified by habs fans. As a capitals fan idk how much better Chychrun would be in comparison to a djoo. Az could flip this guy for that return the. Trade a 3rd or 4th to the Caps for Djoo and be in a similar situation that they are in now. Imo Poehling is going to be a stud. Habs just dont have room For him now.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 4:19 p.m.
I can probably google a list but I’m too lazy. Guys like Dahlin or Heiskanen would be guys I wouldn’t pick up the phone for. I’m not sure if AZ got better or if that division just sucks now ha. Getting kessel was huge but look at Strome trade. They traded a 21 year old #2 center or look at the Domi trade? Az has traded good young talent for okay returns. It’s not unthinkable that they would trade Chychrun. I do agree that Mete isn’t great. I think he is glorified by habs fans. As a capitals fan idk how much better Chychrun would be in compassions to a djoo. Az could flip this guy for that return the. Trade a 3rd or 4th to the Caps for Djoo and be in a similar situation that they are in now. Imo Poehling is going to be a stud. Habs just dont have room For him now.

Arizona got better, Keumper is playing fantastic. Their defense is one of the best in the league right now with keumper and raanta playing solid in net. In prior years, domi was a top pick that wasnt producing, strome was a top pick that wasnt producing. They sent strome for assets, they traded for galchenyuk who looked like he just needed a change of scenery. they got kessel for gally though which is a steal. Different gms doing different things during a different mindset. when domi was traded they were still rebuilding. they are going for it now.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
if Poehling is so good why isnt he up right now playing 3c? and sure in a vacuum you can say its fair value. But you cant discount that the yotes are trying to compete, you cant discount they dont have a ld replacement for chychrun now or in the future, you cant discount the kid is only 21 years old signed for 6 more years. you dont think hes going to outgrow that contract anytime soon? I mean cmon. its not just looking at player stats vs player stats here.

What silly thing to point out. Why isn't any top 50 prospect that isn't already in the NHL not playing in the NHL? Guess fellow 2017 draftees Morgan Frost, Owen Tippett, Cal foote, Klim Kostin are all not that good? Bunch of bums?

The fact of the matter is Habs have too many centers as is for him to play any significant minutes. Danault, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki and well 4th line isn't a good position to put Poehling is so there is no point in playing him there. Might as well give him 20 mins a game in the AHL.

The problem with Armchair GM's are that there are so many factors you have to take into consideration and that we have to essentially work on the idea as if it were "in a vacuum". Take away standings, take away player preferences, etc. Is the value of my side equal to value of your side, (fair in a vacuum)

So you're not wrong, they do like and want to keep Chychrun but that doesn't mean that the offer above is bad as you are trying to point out. There is such thing as a fair value offer but you still decline.

People gotta stop freaking out with trade offers on this site. Is the value on one side equal to the value on the other side. Yes or no and why?
math731 liked this.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 8:41 a.m.
What silly thing to point out. Why isn't any top 50 prospect that isn't already in the NHL not playing in the NHL? Guess fellow 2017 draftees Morgan Frost, Owen Tippett, Cal foote, Klim Kostin are all not that good? Bunch of bums?

The fact of the matter is Habs have too many centers as is for him to play any significant minutes. Danault, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Suzuki and well 4th line isn't a good position to put Poehling is so there is no point in playing him there. Might as well give him 20 mins a game in the AHL.

The problem with Armchair GM's are that there are so many factors you have to take into consideration and that we have to essentially work on the idea as if it were "in a vacuum". Take away standings, take away player preferences, etc. Is the value of my side equal to value of your side, (fair in a vacuum)

So you're not wrong, they do like and want to keep Chychrun but that doesn't mean that the offer above is bad as you are trying to point out. There is such thing as a fair value offer but you still decline.

People gotta stop freaking out with trade offers on this site. Is the value on one side equal to the value on the other side. Yes or no and why?

but why do you "have to do this trade in a vacuum". use the CURRENT standings and base your decision off that. RIGHT NOW arizona is a wildcard team and has 2 games in hand on everyone in the west. In a "vacuum" this trade is pretty fair. but in real life no this isnt, and its not even remotely close in my eyes. Asking a potential playoff team to trade away a top 4 dman for prospects just isnt what any contending team will want to do. Also it may have been you but why throw a depth dman in there to have them trade them away? just trade that depth for a pick and trade the pick you received... dont make the team you are trading with flip the player.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 9:31 a.m.
but why do you "have to do this trade in a vacuum". use the CURRENT standings and base your decision off that. RIGHT NOW arizona is a wildcard team and has 2 games in hand on everyone in the west. In a "vacuum" this trade is pretty fair. but in real life no this isnt, and its not even remotely close in my eyes. Asking a potential playoff team to trade away a top 4 dman for prospects just isnt what any contending team will want to do. Also it may have been you but why throw a depth dman in there to have them trade them away? just trade that depth for a pick and trade the pick you received... dont make the team you are trading with flip the player.

The point is that this is one small piece of a full picture. When you are doing an AGM, you aren't simultaneously doing the other teams AGM to explain their methodology also.

Plus there are ample arguments to make that Arizona might want to swap some of that defensive play for improving the offense. Poehling, Lehkonen, 2nd round pick are not spare parts. Reilly is whatever. That's just a replacement body for Chychrun. Arizona's AHL D depth isn't that stacked. Plus Arizona is in the playoffs right now but may not be come a week from now. Things change on a dime. They've been a bad team for a long time, its not unthinkable that they go through a mini slump in November and they're clamoring for more offense. We don't know anything other than this exact date in time.... that doesn't mean we should start the cup parade in Buffalo.

Regardless, of all this, you could have simply answered " I don't think Arizona would be willing to part with Chychrun at the moment, but the offer is fair". Instead: "holy crap. stop with the troll posts. this guys signed to 6 years at great term. explain to me in what world would they want to move Chychrun for spare parts?"

1) Not a troll post.
2) Being signed to 6 years means nothing. if the offer is good the offer is good.
3) the players going the other way are not spare parts.

OP posts some garbage-y AGM's sometimes I agree but this is actually one of the more fair value AGM he's made.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 10:04 a.m.
The point is that this is one small piece of a full picture. When you are doing an AGM, you aren't simultaneously doing the other teams AGM to explain their methodology also.

Plus there are ample arguments to make that Arizona might want to swap some of that defensive play for improving the offense. Poehling, Lehkonen, 2nd round pick are not spare parts. Reilly is whatever. That's just a replacement body for Chychrun. Arizona's AHL D depth isn't that stacked. Plus Arizona is in the playoffs right now but may not be come a week from now. Things change on a dime. They've been a bad team for a long time, its not unthinkable that they go through a mini slump in November and they're clamoring for more offense. We don't know anything other than this exact date in time.... that doesn't mean we should start the cup parade in Buffalo.

Regardless, of all this, you could have simply answered " I don't think Arizona would be willing to part with Chychrun at the moment, but the offer is fair". Instead: "holy crap. stop with the troll posts. this guys signed to 6 years at great term. explain to me in what world would they want to move Chychrun for spare parts?"

1) Not a troll post.
2) Being signed to 6 years means nothing. if the offer is good the offer is good.
3) the players going the other way are not spare parts.

OP posts some garbage-y AGM's sometimes I agree but this is actually one of the more fair value AGM he's made.

1) posted a similar trade earlier in the day (hence the remastered part. my opinion is it still wasnt up to arizonas caliber for a trade being an impartial fan here).
2) having a top 4 dman at 21 signed to 6 years buying up ufa years is pretty significant. do not discount that. poehling is still on elc who knows what his next contract ends up being. AL is a 3rd line player no more no less.
3) agree to disagree.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 10:36 a.m.
torontos finest
do the habs actually need chychrun with mete and fleury in the system?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll