Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
rahef issa wont like this, but i think its a pretty decent trade. pesce would be a god send to that blue line. idk about the goalie swap
Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:12 p.m.
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
rahef issa wont like this, but i think its a pretty decent trade. pesce would be a god send to that blue line. idk about the goalie swap

They'd probably swap Nylander to Marner and two firsts awesome face
Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:21 p.m.
Did not work then. Works even less now with Faulk gone. Which was a big reason why it didn’t work then. Pesce was only RD signed long term. Trade him and run the risk of going from crazy deep to completely barren within two years. Leafs fans never really understood that. They were bent out of shape about value. Was never the issue. Just never made sense for Canes.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Gofnut999
Did not work then. Works even less now with Faulk gone. Which was a big reason why it didn’t work then. Pesce was only RD signed long term. Trade him and run the risk of going from crazy deep to completely barren within two years. Leafs fans never really understood that. They were bent out of shape about value. Was never the issue. Just never made sense for Canes.

WPG knows the pain. From having Byfuglien, Trouba and Myers to have exactly none of them...
Gofnut999 liked this.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:40 p.m.

Well said, its a common thing on here it seems, there were plenty of threads of Toronto asking for Rasmus Andersson from Calgary, meanwhile Flames have 4 expireing RD contracts next year 3 of which are UFA and only Andersson's is RFA
Gofnut999 and GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 1, 2019 at 11:47 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Well said, its a common thing on here it seems, there were plenty of threads of Toronto asking for Rasmus Andersson from Calgary, meanwhile Flames have 4 expireing RD contracts next year 3 of which are UFA and only Andersson's is RFA

It’s amazing how so many people think other teams should just give up young, established, newly signed to long term deal players simply because they are offering enough in return. Yet tell them to take a similar player with shorter term....”oh no that does not work for us”. Well guess what, that’s a 2 way street. The same reason you want the first guy is the same reason he won’t be traded. Lol.
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Nov. 2, 2019 at 12:39 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
It’s amazing how so many people think other teams should just give up young, established, newly signed to long term deal players simply because they are offering enough in return. Yet tell them to take a similar player with shorter term....”oh no that does not work for us”. Well guess what, that’s a 2 way street. The same reason you want the first guy is the same reason he won’t be traded. Lol.

Are you talking about nylander or Pesce? Since they both have the same term and nylander is a bit younger... you can’t dismiss a trade and offer someone with shorter term and expect leaf fans to accept it. Term certainly matters to some extent in trades.

My personal opinion (and that’s all it is) is to keep nylander and look in other directions. Yes the one for one is probably a fair trade and Pesce would be a good partner for Rielly. Think there are other options to explore rather than losing a core player. Same reason Carolina would decline.

Yeah I tried to squash that trade idea a few times. Not only do they have the two expiring contracts but nothing special in the pipe either.
Nov. 2, 2019 at 12:42 a.m.
Edited Nov. 2, 2019 at 12:52 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
Are you talking about nylander or Pesce? Since they both have the same term and nylander is a bit younger... you can’t dismiss a trade and offer someone with shorter term and expect leaf fans to accept it. Term certainly matters to some extent in trades.

My personal opinion (and that’s all it is) is to keep nylander and look in other directions. Yes the one for one is probably a fair trade and Pesce would be a good partner for Rielly. Think there are other options to explore rather than losing a core player. Same reason Carolina would decline.

Yeah I tried to squash that trade idea a few times. Not only do they have the two expiring contracts but nothing special in the pipe either.

I was talking in general not to that specific trade.

The point was the hypocrisy. People can’t understand why their deals for long term young players are declined but when the shoe is on the other foot it’s a whole different story.

Second point was as you say...term matters. Not just for the player but the players left behind at said players position. And wether or not there is a viable replacement in the system.
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Nov. 2, 2019 at 12:54 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo

I dont yhonk he was specifically talking about either in case, more of responding to my comment. As for Nylander vs Pesce, im not by any means saying Nylander is bad, he has a lot of skill but he is also for the most part just a 1 dimensional winger (ovi is a 1D winger so thats not an insult). On the other hand Pesce is a rare talent. He is extremely skilled defensively in the same way Vlassic was in his prime. Hes also locked up long term on a fantastic contract for what he provides. Also as mentioned above with the Faulk trade, TVR a UFA next year, and Dougie only having 2 years left risking trading an important core piece for a position they have a lot of already is generally a bad idea
Nov. 2, 2019 at 1:42 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I dont yhonk he was specifically talking about either in case, more of responding to my comment. As for Nylander vs Pesce, im not by any means saying Nylander is bad, he has a lot of skill but he is also for the most part just a 1 dimensional winger (ovi is a 1D winger so thats not an insult). On the other hand Pesce is a rare talent. He is extremely skilled defensively in the same way Vlassic was in his prime. Hes also locked up long term on a fantastic contract for what he provides. Also as mentioned above with the Faulk trade, TVR a UFA next year, and Dougie only having 2 years left risking trading an important core piece for a position they have a lot of already is generally a bad idea

Yup I agree with that last part but Pesce is also a one dimensional player as well. I wouldn’t call nylander one dimensional although that’s what he seems to get pinned as. Like I said though the trade one for one doesn’t work and I think reimer carries more value than hutch.
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Nov. 2, 2019 at 11:58 a.m.
Quoting: TheChief
They'd probably swap Nylander to Marner and two firsts awesome face

marner still has the higher ceiling than nylander

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll