Forums/Armchair-GM

Tampa has 5 more games for trades

Created by: BOLTLOVER1
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 3, 2019
Published: Nov. 3, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tampa 13 games in and is 6-7 .. after the next 6 games to figure things out the schedule gets brutal .. starting Nov 23 they play Ducks Sabres Blues Caps Hurricanes and Predators in a row .. then after 2 cupcakes ... they play Islanders on Dec 9 followed by Panthers Bruins and Caps again in a row .. wow .. Tampa could be 10-20 by New Year .. need to make moves ASAP

I think team needs to move now as they could be out of payoffs by January.

1. Bring up Foote after Sweeden and get him ice time. Alternative is wait until January when schedule much easier but are we really going to play Luke Schenn and Jan Rutta?
2. Trade for D help NOW and bring up Foote
3. Trade for top 9 forward NOW .. it aint changing folks .. everyone has seen enough by now.

Hope this isn't a lost season but schedule above is brutal .. as schedule has been easy to date and look where are .. A New coach by January wouldn't be bad Xmas present either
Trades
NYR
  1. Joseph, Mathieu
  2. 2020 1st round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Rangers may want another young forward or prospect but this move is essential and needed .. NOW
MTL
  1. Gourde, Yanni
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Could fit in 3rd line at Montreal. 2nd rounder needed to be given due to NTC for next 3 years
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$84,092,499$0$1,180,000-$2,592,499
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$864,167$864,167
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 3, 2019 at 5:57 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
how the hell is this team doing this bad? lol
Nov. 3, 2019 at 6:05 p.m.
Banned
NYR Accept.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Nov. 3, 2019 at 6:18 p.m.
Brad Boyes please Wq
Overpay for Krieder
MTL I think will decline
Nov. 3, 2019 at 6:25 p.m.
NYR would accept this, but MTL definitely wont imo.
Nov. 3, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
In context of where we are .. it not an overpay .. it needed
Nov. 3, 2019 at 8:40 p.m.
we'll trade you Babcock for cooper
Nov. 3, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.
It's a large overpay for a rental Kreider. If Tampa had even a slim chance of re-signing him, then possibly it would be reasonable. Without that though, if Tampa goes after him it's one or the other. Joseph plus a 2nd or the 1st plus a B prospect. The Mtl deal will never happen as Gourde isn't waiving this year and not for Montreal. Targeting Kreider and/or Toffoli is.a good idea, but with reasonable trade pieces(which does not include Gourde, Johnson, Palat or Killorn). I am in favor of a new coach 100% if a turn around hasn't happened in the next dozen games.
Nov. 3, 2019 at 10:20 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Edited Nov. 3, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Disagree .. clock ticking on this team .. sneaks up on you quick .. Hedmen Mc Donough and Stamkos 11 and 12 year vets already with Stamkos now more a winger and other than Point .. NO really stars under 25 ..

If you dont get over hump sometimes u never do .. GO FOR IT WHEN YOU CAN .

I would prefer to send Sergachev to Devils for Hall and Sami Vertanen ..
Nov. 4, 2019 at 12:13 a.m.
Banned
It's NOV. lets panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying this team doesn't need changes. But when a team panics in trade more things end up bad.
They have issues. All teams do right now.
Some are better at solving them than others aka hiding them.

I don't think any of this actually fixes the team.
It starts with the team bringing in players like Maroon who simply do not fit the system.
But they got pushed around last year and everyone knows it so that's what happens. But bringing in push back that doesn't really fit the team means you end up with L.
It's still early, maybe they pull it together and gel. Who knows. But the last thing this team should do is panic.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 6:25 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Nah .. Maroon has been fine as 4th liner and stats show that .. besides he not close to top issues. . Led by a culture of complacency and internal developed and favored forwards .. its a loser. 11 of 12 forwards .. all except Maroon .. on team now are internal developed players. JT Miller is prime example of a very good player wasted in Tampa while we play the wrong players ice time to justify their contracts.

And the stats are strong if you out of playoffs by Xmas ... odds are you toast.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 5:56 p.m.
Tampa needs to go back to the system that works for them, a faster speed game that utilizes their strengths as a team. I get wanting to play a heavier forecheck style with more puck possession and defensive responsibility, but Tampa just isn't built that way. Maybe it helps in the playoffs but a style similar to Tampa's has won several cups in the past decade(both Chicago and Pittsburgh had styles similar to what Tampa has been running the past few years). There's no need to reinvent the wheel.with this team, and hopefully this very mediocre start has been enough to realize that. If Cooper changes back to a style they have been successful with, and perhaps tries to.slowly implement some changes as the team hopefully improves, so be it. Otherwise, he should be gone before Christmas if Tampa wants any chance this season.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Wrong .. regular season Disneyland view of the world and playoff 1st round loss .. Didn't Chicago have Buff?.. Penguins had several tough skaters .. (help me out here fans who) ... just cause Chicago had Towes/Kane and Pens had Syd/Malkin doesn't mean entire team had a wussy fill seats in February system like you proposing Tampa go back to ..
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:02 a.m.
Do we really want to trade away the 1st that’s probably going to be a top five pick? smile

But while I don’t disagree with these trades necessarily (I think BriseBois could pull off the same returns without paying this much though), I don’t think it’s as urgent as you think. We beat the Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins, and Penguins, and outplayed the Predators and Avalanche at even strength. Even the Islanders game was okay. We seem to rise to the occasion, but we “play down” to bad teams and that’s why we embarrass ourselves against Ottawa and NYR and can barely handle NJD. So I don’t think a hard stretch will be our doom as we seem no more likely to lose to a good team than to a bad team. I do think something needs to change though.

But I would much rather go back to last season’s style and embarrass ourselves in the playoffs than play like garbage in the regular season and not make it at all. Cooper needs to realize these games count and aren’t always the time for experiments.

Also, I disagree on Foote. He doesn’t look NHL-ready yet.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:57 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Well for starters trade is Tampa's pick .. not the Vancouver pick .. so you care more about regular season than Cup? .. that just sad to me .. play to win or don't bother. And until Foote plays one really doesn't know now they do in NHL.
Nov. 10, 2019 at 6:01 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Nov. 10, 2019 at 6:09 a.m.
98.4 point pace right now, with testing things, like other teams do it in preseason. I think we can safely say we won't miss the playoffs, if we come close to miss the playoffs: Cooper is fired, and he knows that. Not gonna happen...
EASY playoff for us. I repeat: EASY

The other teams, which could pass us for a playoffs spot, are simply worse teams in every position. Including coaching/talent. Maybe Florida has better coach, but thats it.
We might not finish as top3 on east but we don't even need to, so we will be just fine. What matters is: what will happen in playoffs.
Trust me, Montreal/Florida/Buffalo will never beat us in the playoffs race this year... we are locked for top3 on atlantic. My current prediction is: 1st: Boston - 2nd:Tampa - 3rd:Toronto - All 3 locked for playoffs.
If you think we will lose our playoff spot with current system/playstyle vs other teams, then you just don't watch those teams play at all. They all have huge problems... Buff was like 9-1 no? Big deal, look where they are now...
It doesn't even matter where we will stand at january 1st. We will still make the playoffs from last place in the whole NHL. We are that much better, than the other teams in regular season. St. Louis did it with a mediocre team. It's not rocket science. You just need to win games, where matters, and it's not October. I would be only worried, if our january/february = complete garbage, until then we don't need to trade anybody really. We are stacked, as no other team in the league right now. Boston doesn't win because they are stacked, it's the system + hot(unusually for no reason) top line, NYI only wins because they allow 2 goals/game. Not hard to score 3 in today's nhl including overtime... Other teams will also have injuries later, like Point + Paq + Hedman etc... this year for us. I'm actually sad only when i watch the game, then after that i realize it's part of the plan. Changing our identity from only skill/speed to --> have some defense/NO penalties/grinding a lot more and not just carried by a hot goaltender by allowing every team to have maximum number of high danger scoring chances against us. If we can limit the opponents scoring chances, we should be much better in playoffs.

It all starts with Hedman:
When Hedman is healthy = we are probably winning in playoffs a lot of games/series. = good chance for a cup this year.
If Hedman will be injured even by 10%(like a small upper body injury), we will almost certanly never win the cup this season, even by trading for another defenseman and with Toffoli/Kreider.
Hedman is our most important player on the roster. If Hedman is healthy full 22-26 games in the playoffs. We win the cup most likely (best chance in the NHL). If he is not, we almost 99% hopeless.
Currently i see Tampa loosing in the playoffs only vs 1 team: Washington Capitals, we should be okay vs all other east teams. New York Islanders will be a though matchup, but we will manage with a good preparation.
Rest = we were overwhelming favorites and we will not lose every series like we did last year. That was a 60-40% matchup even based on one of the most optimistic CBJ overrating analytics site on the internet. That site said before Duchene trade, that they will win the President's Trophy. Columubs = presidents trophy without the allin moves. That site still gave us 60-40% to win that series. Losing a series like that can happen to any team... If that site predicted Columbus that good before 2018/2019 season started, they had a stacked team( and they went allin after that before Trade Deadline, so maybe that loss wasn't even that bad right?) Losing to a stacked team with a coach like Tortorella is not even that big of a surprise. It happens. It doesn't matter if we lostgame 7. A loss is a loss. Boston lost finals 4-3. Doesn't matter, they just lost in the playoffs, like us... 1 team only. It's sad thing, but that's why you need to have max chance every year. Once that chance will convert into 1 Cup. Or 2 for some teams(Chi,Pitts)
All other experts sites said: around 65 or 75% chance for tampa to beat columbus. Next time if we have a 70% we just win that series... The problem is when we play washington and they will be the favourite because of the grinding style, which they copied from St. Louis for this year = very bad matchup for us... So until you see Tampa vs Washington Conference finals or similar to that, please just understand the basics of math. Favorite teams on long run = always good. Bad teams on long run = always bad. The last time we were bad was a couple of years ago when we missed the playoffs. We are not even close to that level right now, even if the results not the best. You just don't go from a 60 win season to miss the playoffs, just because of luck. It's not a reality, when the team stays same... You guys overreacted like usual, and we beat 2 times Buffalo without any problems, like they were Ottawa... same happend last year... hot starts = means nothing.

Anyways, i expect we win the next match vs Rangers, but even if we lose the next 2 games, once it will turn around and we will start winning a lot of games, and everything will look like normal reg season for a good team...
Just understand that players on the team asked to play differently = hard to do when it's imprinted in your brain to only care about offense. And they have no experience playing defensive minded hockey. It takes time. It might not even happen this year, it's alright, only 1 team can win the cup each year. But if we keep going on the route by caring about defense, we will have success. Defense wins championships, like in NFL(not in the NBA though).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll