Forums/Armchair-GM

Trading for Picks

Created by: Aussie_Blackhawk
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 4, 2019
Published: Nov. 4, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The purpose of this was to look at who is expendable and trying to gain reasonable returns for them while allowing us to gain some cap space to resign Lehner, Strome and Kubalik.

I do know this is unlikely to occur though the way our season has been going so far, we should be looking to gain prospects and picks for players that aren't necessary for what we are looking for.

Kampf could also be traded along with one of the picks acquired to get a higher draft pick. Perhaps even push a 1st rounder from a contender by chucking in a 3rd rounder to go with Kampf.
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (FLA)
  2. 2020 5th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Reunite Coach Q with Crow and get us some prospects
FLA
  1. Crawford, Corey ($3,000,000 retained)
CHI
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
Kings Need Defence and in this version hawks are wanting cap space and picks.
CHI
  1. 2020 1st round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Gus to TBL is good for all, had to add a pick to even up trade but could be higher depending on how Gus goes coming up to Deadline
TBL
  1. Gustafsson, Erik
  2. 2020 5th round pick (TOR)
CHI
  1. 2020 4th round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Gives Isles another option heading into playoffs and gives Hawks a chance at a prospect.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$61,295,961$0$7,770,000$20,204,039
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
D
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 4, 2019 at 7:39 a.m.
Subbanator
Considering Gustafsson has been a healthy scratch and by every fans account cant play defence it's hard to see any team giving up a 1st for him
Nov. 4, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.
Banned
Chicago fans on here.

"Gus is terrible in his own zone and it looks like last year's points were a fluke, he's not worth keeping around cause he sucks."

Also Hawk fans

"If you want Gus it's going to cost a top 6 roster player or a first or an A Prospect because he is such a good player "
Nov. 4, 2019 at 8:53 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Chicago fans on here.

"Gus is terrible in his own zone and it looks like last year's points were a fluke, he's not worth keeping around cause he sucks."

Also Hawk fans

"If you want Gus it's going to cost a top 6 roster player or a first or an A Prospect because he is such a good player "

I’m not sure a leafs fan should be talking like that lol.

Most hawks fans have noted that Gus has played bad to start the season, but we also understand that a lot of Chicago players have started cold. When Gus gets back on track he will be worth a first at the deadline, with a post like this you have to assume that trades are happening at some other point in the season, preferably when he gets his **** together.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 9:21 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Stan_Bowman

Most hawks fans have noted that Gus has played bad to start the season, but we also understand that a lot of Chicago players have started cold. When Gus gets back on track he will be worth a first at the deadline, with a post like this you have to assume that trades are happening at some other point in the season, preferably when he gets his **** together.

Considering we are talking about a player that has gotten his **** together all of one season in his career seems like a heavy stretch to assume he's going to be worth a tonne now that he's regressed to his mean.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 9:48 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Considering we are talking about a player that has gotten his **** together all of one season in his career seems like a heavy stretch to assume he's going to be worth a tonne now that he's regressed to his mean.

Having a slow start does not necessarily mean that he has "regressed to his mean". It just means he's had a slow start.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
Crawford for a 2nd and 5th??? He'd be their 3rd best goalie...
Nov. 4, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Banned
Having a slow start does not necessarily mean that he has "regressed to his mean". It just means he's had a slow start.

But that is irrelevant when you guys keep trying to pick up a leaf player. "Nylander has proven blah blah blah, can we have him for free.".
Nov. 4, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
But that is irrelevant when you guys keep trying to pick up a leaf player. "Nylander has proven blah blah blah, can we have him for free.".

My god, you couldn't last three posts without mentioning Nylander lol.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 11:44 a.m.
Banned
My god, you couldn't last three posts without mentioning Nylander lol.

I just like how you guys love to play the "typical Leaf fan" card always and then this sort of nonsense is your MO. All of your players are worth 1st rounders, they all are great players but you need to move them because you are rebuilding, and everyone you target is overrated so the asking price is reduced and your players are worth so much. That is your story out one side of your mouth and out the other is stuff like "Gus can't play defence" or "Saad has been playing like crap" Or whatever else you guys say after each loss and then completely change your tune when you want to move one of these players for something way better. This is exactly what you love to jump on Leaf fans for doing, and then love to lump me into despite me never offering up terrible trades that are completely one sided.

All I am saying is, if you don't want Gus or Saad or whoever because A) your team just isn't very good and they aren't helping move the needle the other direction and B) because you want to upgrade your team, just understand everyone else sees what you are doing as well. So trying to post a 1 sided traded with the hopes of convincing everyone else in the world that your players aren't the reason why your team sucks and are worth more than the players you want to come in who are 100% better than who you are moving out, only makes you look like a silly homer fan who can't see beyond his own desire to see your favourite team succeed.

Or just admit you are a homer and that logic has been replaced by emotion, if you do that, then I am happy to just say all the power to you buddy, dare to dream. If you did that it would a lot more tolerable than the usual, "All leaf fans are so stupid......can my 3rd line winger be worth your top line player? Trust me your team needs a 30 year old physical two way forward way more than a 23 year old offensive player with loads of untapped potential, plus he's overrated and no one should want him, trust me its a deal for you."
Nov. 4, 2019 at 4:36 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
I just like how you guys love to play the "typical Leaf fan" card always and then this sort of nonsense is your MO. All of your players are worth 1st rounders, they all are great players but you need to move them because you are rebuilding, and everyone you target is overrated so the asking price is reduced and your players are worth so much. That is your story out one side of your mouth and out the other is stuff like "Gus can't play defence" or "Saad has been playing like crap" Or whatever else you guys say after each loss and then completely change your tune when you want to move one of these players for something way better. This is exactly what you love to jump on Leaf fans for doing, and then love to lump me into despite me never offering up terrible trades that are completely one sided.

All I am saying is, if you don't want Gus or Saad or whoever because A) your team just isn't very good and they aren't helping move the needle the other direction and B) because you want to upgrade your team, just understand everyone else sees what you are doing as well. So trying to post a 1 sided traded with the hopes of convincing everyone else in the world that your players aren't the reason why your team sucks and are worth more than the players you want to come in who are 100% better than who you are moving out, only makes you look like a silly homer fan who can't see beyond his own desire to see your favourite team succeed.

Or just admit you are a homer and that logic has been replaced by emotion, if you do that, then I am happy to just say all the power to you buddy, dare to dream. If you did that it would a lot more tolerable than the usual, "All leaf fans are so stupid......can my 3rd line winger be worth your top line player? Trust me your team needs a 30 year old physical two way forward way more than a 23 year old offensive player with loads of untapped potential, plus he's overrated and no one should want him, trust me its a deal for you."

I just want to let you know that I didn't read your essay. This is because time and time again you have proven yourself to be a bitter, paranoid, and unpleasant person to interact with.

Good day,
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 5:23 p.m.
Banned
I just want to let you know that I didn't read your essay. This is because time and time again you have proven yourself to be a bitter, paranoid, and unpleasant person to interact with.

Good day,

Fair and in response I will say, good day to you sir and I genuinely hope it is a pleasant one.
Nov. 4, 2019 at 8:45 p.m.
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Considering Gustafsson has been a healthy scratch and by every fans account cant play defence it's hard to see any team giving up a 1st for him

He has been a healthy scratch and the same happened last year. Sure he has been poor to start the year but most of the team have. I also added that we would add a pick to assist, in this version I added a 5th but also mentioned that it could increase depending on how Gus goes.

Chicago fans on here.

Also Hawk fans

I think you have this slightly misconstrued idea about us hawks fans. We think he has been poor but so have the rest of the team but we are 12 games into an 82 game season. He was a healthy scratch last year which lit a fire in him and he went on to get 60 points and be in the top 5 defensemen from a points perspective. I am not necessarily saying he will repeat though I do think he can get back to a decent level to warrant a 1st rounder from a contender who could do with that style of player added to help compliment them but as you will see in the comments with the trade, I have also added a pick which depending on form could be higher.

Yes absolutely, this isn't a trade to be made in the right now. Much like a lot of Leafs fans we have been frustrated with how our team has performed.

Quoting: Nick623
Crawford for a 2nd and 5th??? He'd be their 3rd best goalie...

You could be right though I used panthers as a team due to Coach Q and his affection towards Crow. This could be another team who needs a solid goalie rental heading into playoffs with the chance to re-sign at the right price if they like him in the new year. I still think Crow has a lot to offer though I believe Lehner is better at this stage and think the hawks should continue with him.

wow this one was incredibly long. I think both our fan groups are in similar positions. Both teams aren't performing. A lot of our players given the right moment would be worth first rounders, much the same the leafs would be if they wanted to pickup picks however from what I am seeing, the leafs are wanting players rather then picks. I don't feel any of these trades are particularly 1 sided, I do caveat this by the fact that I say this is unlikely to happen but hey we are all just armchair GM's and wanting to look at a whole lot of different options to see if it could work etc. Both our teams are not great right now though both have great players on who can play. Gus has been poor a long with a lot of other players but I don't think Saad has been that bad tbh so to say we all want to trade saad is wrong. With the Gus trades, its simply because the reality is we probably won't re-sign him and could look to offer him to a playoff team who could use his ability now rather then wait until the off-season when they have to battle other teams to get him and the reality is his ability would be able to used immediately rather than try and wait for a late 1st round pick to develop. This post was about trying to accumulate picks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll