Forums/Armchair-GM

Bergevin will have to open roster spot

Created by: Pharow
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 5, 2019
Published: Nov. 5, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
With romanov who will be on is way to the nhl( might be the best defenseman not playing in nhl right now) and jordan harris who might have a real shot on left side bergevin will have to move some pieces. Up front evans will push for a spot as for caufield if he dorsnt return to ncaa he will push for a spot on the top 9. Ylonen, olofson and norlinder and khisamutdinov will come to america thing will start to shape up
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$925,000
3$900,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,000,000
7$7,000,000
3$2,250,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2020 5th round pick (SJS)
SJS
  1. Reilly, Mike
Additional Details:
Depending on is 2019-20 season value will increase or decrease
MTL
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (EDM)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$70,100,475$0$3,795,000$11,399,525
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:26 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: GMs
I thought Ryan Shea was getting top paired minutes due to is ages ( 22yo )

He was but harris have surpassed him. But theybolay similar ice time even strength. Shea doesn’t hit the ice on pp so harris eat up more ice time. Age isn’t a factor in ncaa look at some player like jack eichel or mccavoy who where playing major role at 18
GMs liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:27 a.m.
Quoting: Sebybbq
And how byron would be a good addition for that three year spend. Half of the olayer you mentioned will have a no impact in nhl and maybe 2-3 will have a successful career. There about 1-2 players in a good years of draft that have a successful career. So don’t count on everyone to be nhl players. You should no that after 48 years. And those players can use a guy like byron to learn how to be a professional. Byron had to work harder then everybody because he was a fringe small forward but he find a way to have succes.

Yah no thanks on Byron and his terrible contract, you should use them in Montreal the way you described if he is so good. You sure dont know anything about the oilers prospects do you, ! thing Chia was good at was drafting!
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:28 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Copenhagen
I was born in 1971, I dont remember watching hockey when I was a baby in 1971 or 1976 or 1978 or whenever they won the cup in the 70's, even if you do, i dont

It's all good. Just pointing out that talking about past success in Hockey to a Habs fan isn't really a good debate strategy sarcasm

MTL 24 EDM 5 awesome face
Pharow and GMs liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:30 a.m.
And how byron would be a good addition for that three year spend. Half of the olayer you mentioned will have a no impact in nhl and maybe 2-3 will have a successful career. There about 1-2 players in a good years of draft that have a successful career. So don’t count on everyone to be nhl players. You should no that after 48 years. And those players can use a guy like byron to learn how to be a professional. Byron had to work harder then everybody because he was a fringe small forward but he find a way to have succes.

You should keep Byron for just what you said, No way Oilers want more bad contracts, If he is so good and score 20 goals by the end of the year, you should keep him. Chia was very good at drafting, Thats all. all our prospects are doing very good and probably 3-5 of them will get playing time with the oilers this year after we miss the playoffs!
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:30 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: papishark
Sharks reject no need for an AHL d man

How can you say that. You have the worst defense in the league. Reilly is better then three of your defenseman right now. You don’t have luxury to say thing like that. He is a nhl caliber defenseman a bottom pairing defenseman that skate well and he have a great vision. Who have you as 5 and 6 defenseman?? Where are you sitting in the rankings. How many goal have you allowed?
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:32 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
It's all good. Just pointing out that talking about past success in Hockey to a Habs fan isn't really a good debate strategy sarcasm

MTL 24 EDM 5 awesome face

That is not what we are talking about, please read above about what it was. He said I have never seen depth because the oilers never had any and something that i was in my dads pants during the latest oilers time. Read above and you can see for yourself
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:34 a.m.
How can you say that. You have the worst defense in the league. Reilly is better then three of your defenseman right now. You don’t have luxury to say thing like that. He is a nhl caliber defenseman a bottom pairing defenseman that skate well and he have a great vision. Who have you as 5 and 6 defenseman?? Where are you sitting in the rankings. How many goal have you allowed?

He is not better than anyone playing for our team, no want or need for him. You can keep him if hes so great
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:41 a.m.
Banned
You should keep Byron for just what you said, No way Oilers want more bad contracts, If he is so good and score 20 goals by the end of the year, you should keep him. Chia was very good at drafting, Thats all. all our prospects are doing very good and probably 3-5 of them will get playing time with the oilers this year after we miss the playoffs!

We have prospect that are nhl ready in Montreal sonwe can afford to trade our player like byron and lehkonen and tatar. So team like the oilers who definitely need help offensively will be happy to acquired. This is how hockey works. And oilers farm system isnt that great i don’t know where you from but they doesnt have top forward. Benson doiing well but for the rest there not much to be excited about yamamoto hasnt done anything yet in ahl and mcleod will need time and thats about it. Your best prospect are all defenseman, who isnt a bad thibg but you will still need major help up front. I mean chiasson, kassian would play on top 6 anywhere else in the league. You have the worst group of forward exception of draisaitl and mcdavid so dont say byron would be a good fit when he would clearly be one of your better forward.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:49 a.m.
We have prospect that are nhl ready in Montreal sonwe can afford to trade our player like byron and lehkonen and tatar. So team like the oilers who definitely need help offensively will be happy to acquired. This is how hockey works. And oilers farm system isnt that great i don’t know where you from but they doesnt have top forward. Benson doiing well but for the rest there not much to be excited about yamamoto hasnt done anything yet in ahl and mcleod will need time and thats about it. Your best prospect are all defenseman, who isnt a bad thibg but you will still need major help up front. I mean chiasson, kassian would play on top 6 anywhere else in the league. You have the worst group of forward exception of draisaitl and mcdavid so dont say byron would be a good fit when he would clearly be one of your better forward.

I am from Edmonton, we need a top 6 forward, I would have drafted Colefield as GM, but Holland drafted Broberg instead, whatever, now we have 6 to many D and the will need to trade some, I am sure he has some sort of plan he is following. I dont know why we draft more D and then trade them for forwards. But like I said before if i am GM there is no way I am trading for Byron and his terrible contract! PERIOD. All our bad contracts end this year and we can go UFA shopping with the money and sign 1 top 6 forward to play with Hopkins.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:49 a.m.
Banned
He is not better than anyone playing for our team, no want or need for him. You can keep him if hes so great

Tim heed, dalton prout, dillon who is by the way -6 with one point. In 6 games reilly have the same amount of point then these three guys and he is +2. You could use him right now. Your defense is terrible reilly could help for sure.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:51 a.m.
Tim heed, dalton prout, dillon who is by the way -6 with one point. In 6 games reilly have the same amount of point then these three guys and he is +2. You could use him right now. Your defense is terrible reilly could help for sure.

Those guys arent the problem. The problem is the team sucks. Erik Karlsson is getting dunked on when hes on the ice and thats a bigger concern than the d man who plays max ten mins a night
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:52 a.m.
Banned
I am from Edmonton, we need a top 6 forward, I would have drafted Colefield as GM, but Holland drafted Broberg instead, whatever, now we have 6 to many D and the will need to trade some, I am sure he has some sort of plan he is following. I dont know why we draft more D and then trade them for forwards. But like I said before if i am GM there is no way I am trading for Byron and his terrible contract! PERIOD. All our bad contracts end this year and we can go UFA shopping with the money and sign 1 top 6 forward to play with Hopkins.

Because when you have a go strong defence you win championships. Holland knows he can trade for byron and gets depth up front with waivers claim and small trade. Getting a top 6 will be by drafting or on the market. And by the way you need lots more then just a top six wingers. You need a entire third line ´
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:55 a.m.
Banned
Those guys arent the problem. The problem is the team sucks. Erik Karlsson is getting dunked on when hes on the ice and thats a bigger concern than the d man who plays max ten mins a night

And reilly could help has well since you will lost dillon this summer or this deadline. This traded happen next offseason but you havent read it i guess. Next year you eill have vlassic and ferraro on the left side and reilly could be a very good third pairing addition at a very low cost. He is not a norris winner but he play well enough to be efficient in nhl.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 1:57 a.m.
Because when you have a go strong defence you win championships. Holland knows he can trade for byron and gets depth up front with waivers claim and small trade. Getting a top 6 will be by drafting or on the market. And by the way you need lots more then just a top six wingers. You need a entire third line ´

The 3rd line will be made up of our top 6 wingers that are playing to high, and still no way I am trading for Byron and his terrible contract if i am GM, that is bad management to pick up that contract, it is the habs worst contract dish him off on another team that want a 3 million dollar player with zero goals and should retire because his body is broken down
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:00 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
That is not what we are talking about, please read above about what it was. He said I have never seen depth because the oilers never had any and something that i was in my dads pants during the latest oilers time. Read above and you can see for yourself

I have been attentively reading good sir. My comment about bringing up past success to Habs fans was in response to the following segment you wrote:
I have one thing I havnt seen is that many cups from the Canadians during my lifetime!

Your words, not mine.

giphy.gif
Pharow liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:02 a.m.
I have been attentively reading good sir. My comment about bringing up past success to Habs fans was in response to the following segment you wrote:

Your words, not mine.

giphy.gif

Do you read anything, I dont watch cups when i was in diapers, like read everything or dont bother with your 2 cents
Pharow liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:04 a.m.
Banned
The 3rd line will be made up of our top 6 wingers that are playing to high, and still no way I am trading for Byron and his terrible contract if i am GM, that is bad management to pick up that contract, it is the habs worst contract dish him off on another team that want a 3 million dollar player with zero goals and should retire because his body is broken down

But your not a gm that the biggest things. Because gm would do that trade when their offense depth is inexistent and the asking price is so low. Plus 3 millions for 3 years is nit a bad contract he doesnt have any specials clauses he is a proven wingers the only thing here that is a problem is you. You may not like the players but the trade is faurnvalue and would benefit the oilers. There absolutely no way that this would be a bad trade when player like haas and kaira and who plays in your bottom 6 ??
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
Banned

Your words, not mine.

giphy.gif

Thank for the support ??
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:09 a.m.
But your not a gm that the biggest things. Because gm would do that trade when their offense depth is inexistent and the asking price is so low. Plus 3 millions for 3 years is nit a bad contract he doesnt have any specials clauses he is a proven wingers the only thing here that is a problem is you. You may not like the players but the trade is faurnvalue and would benefit the oilers. There absolutely no way that this would be a bad trade when player like haas and kaira and who plays in your bottom 6 ??

Yah your not the gm either, so this whole part of the website is crap then. Why are you even proposing a trade if your not the gm, The idea of this part of the site is to pretend you are a gm and to get a pretend gm to respond right, so get off the site if you are not a gm according to you. Further more it will not benifit the oilers as they will not win the cup this year with Byron on the team, so it is a waste of cap space in 2 or 3 years.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:09 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Do you read anything, I dont watch cups when i was in diapers, like read everything or dont bother with your 2 cents

You say "during my lifetime". I point out that "during your lifetime" Habs have won 8 cups.... the fact that you can't remember some of them is irrelevant in the context you brought up, which was , again, "during my lifetime".

...I find my reading is on point here lol....your move...

giphy.gif
Pharow liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:12 a.m.
Thank for the support ??

Dude the comment was about me never seeing depth as an oilers fan, not past success of the habs, every single Canadian knows about the habs success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:24 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Ok for context they didnt win 8 in my lifetime as I wasnt born yet in 71, like stop with the pettyness or me watching when I was in my diapers

No worries mate. just having a bit of fun. It's late here on the east coast...

like my previous comment. all in all with regards to Byron. I agree with you
Nov. 5, 2019 at 2:44 a.m.
Banned
Yah your not the gm either, so this whole part of the website is crap then. Why are you even proposing a trade if your not the gm, The idea of this part of the site is to pretend you are a gm and to get a pretend gm to respond right, so get off the site if you are not a gm according to you. Further more it will not benifit the oilers as they will not win the cup this year with Byron on the team, so it is a waste of cap space in 2 or 3 years.

First if you add read the post properly you wouldnhave notice that its not this year that this happen but in the offseason. Plus oilers will have some roster spot to fill and they will have to overpay on free agency or add via trade. Holland will have money and a lot of hole to fill. So next year byron would be a very attractive pieces for holland filling a hole on their third line and helping the pk. I don’t know why you keep saying they won’t won the cup. Its clear that they won’t won the cup ifnthey don’t adresse their issues. Acquiring byron is exactly what they need.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 10:10 a.m.
Did I miss something? Is Romanov getting out of his KHL contract next year or something? I haven't heard any news about him leaving yet.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: F50marco
Did I miss something? Is Romanov getting out of his KHL contract next year or something? I haven't heard any news about him leaving yet.

Is contract end after this season and Bergevin have been pushing real hard for him to jump over in north america. Plus romanov express this june when he was in Montreal is desire to play in Nhl next year so it might very happen.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll