Trades
SJS
  1. Alzner, Karl ($925,000 retained)
  2. Byron, Paul
  3. Ylönen, Jesse [Reserve List]
  4. 2020 1st round pick (MTL)
  5. 2020 4th round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
Conditional pick: If MTL doesn't reach the playoffs, they have the option of keeping their 2020 1st round pick, but then they must give up an unprotected 2021 1st round pick.
MTL
SJS
  1. Sutter, Brandon
  2. Virtanen, Jake
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (VAN)
  4. 2021 3rd round pick (VAN)
SJS
  1. Anderson, Craig ($950,000 retained)
  2. Wolanin, Christian
  3. 2020 6th round pick (SJS)
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (SJS)
OTT
  1. Jones, Martin
  2. Karlsson, Melker
  3. 2020 5th round pick (OTT)
  4. 2020 7th round pick (PIT)
ARI
  1. Dell, Aaron
  2. Gregor, Noah
  3. 2020 2nd round pick (VAN)
  4. 2020 3rd round pick (PHI)
SJS
  1. Nemeth, Patrik
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (SJS)
DET
  1. Alzner, Karl
  2. Dahlén, Jonathan
  3. True, Alex
  4. 2020 7th round pick (WSH)
  5. 2021 3rd round pick (VAN)
SJS
  1. 2020 7th round pick (SJS)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$66,489,084$660,750$132,500$15,010,916
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 8
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,375,000$4,375,000
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,635,000$1,635,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,250,000$4,250,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$960,000$960,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$836,667$836,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 5, 2019 at 8:50 p.m.
Canucks say no to Kane's contract and off ice baggage. We don't have the cap space for 7 million now or in the future.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 8:54 p.m.
Banned
Terrible trade for montreal. They already have weber who isunder contract until 40 they can’t afford another one. Plus the return is awful giving a first and a top prospect plus byron is way too much
Nov. 5, 2019 at 8:54 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Canucks33
Canucks say no to Kane's contract and off ice baggage. We don't have the cap space for 7 million now or in the future.

You also give $5,5M to SJ in cap, the difference is around $1,5M which VAN should afford. Not getting into what he brings off ice, but on ice he'd be a good strengthening for your team, and is paid quite typical amount of money for a player of his level, so the value is there.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 8:59 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Sebybbq
Terrible trade for montreal. They already have weber who isunder contract until 40 they can’t afford another one. Plus the return is awful giving a first and a top prospect plus byron is way too much

It's part retained. $5,6M for Vlasic is reasonable. Ylönen's not a top prospect, but he can be replaced with (insert prospect's name here) if that's the dealbreaker. Also they get rid of Alzner, which is a win in basically any scenario, and it's not like Byron's going to be a big part of MTL future in a longer scale with the amount of young talent they're going to bring in. At worst, MTL gets an aging d-man with a relatably small cost, at best MTL gets an absolutely solid first pair LHD for several years to come. Also monetarily MTL doesn't lose jack sh*t. Byron and Alzner combined costs more than retained Vlasic.
LumberJacques liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:07 p.m.
ottawa says no we dont want jones
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:09 p.m.
habs_fan
everyone needs to chill with this whole vlassic to mtl thing
Pharow and LumberJacques liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:10 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BurgerBoss
It's part retained. $5,6M for Vlasic is reasonable. Ylönen's not a top prospect, but he can be replaced with (insert prospect's name here) if that's the dealbreaker. Also they get rid of Alzner, which is a win in basically any scenario, and it's not like Byron's going to be a big part of MTL future in a longer scale with the amount of young talent they're going to bring in. At worst, MTL gets an aging d-man with a relatably small cost, at best MTL gets an absolutely solid first pair LHD for several years to come. Also monetarily MTL doesn't lose jack sh*t. Byron and Alzner combined costs more than retained Vlasic.

Ylonen is a top prospect. Who are you to say such thing. He had some really decent number in a defensive sm liiga. Vlassic at 5,6 is not that bad but for 7 years he is a bullet for every single organization. Long term deal for 35 year old players are terrible. This trade is absolutely terrible don’t try to justify yourself. Just ask pardon and never do it again. The only tesm that benefit here is the shark.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:15 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: sens65
ottawa says no we dont want jones

Understandable since his season hasn't been up to par. But he could be a long-term option a team like OTT should consider. If Anderson leaves after his contract expires this season, I'd expect them being after a goalie. Jones could work as a long-term replacement, he has shown that he can be a good 1G, and his performance in the playoffs last season proved that quite well. Now that his season have been a mediocre one, his value isn't at the highest, making it viable for OTT to negotiate a deal for quite cheap. Also currently I don't think OTT have any high potential goalie prospects either, although I might be wrong in here.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:23 p.m.
There is no chance Yzerman makes a trade that brings Alzner to Detroit they have enough players that are over the hill and over 30. Dahlén is back in Sweden playing and might not come back. Alex True is 22 and never played a NHL game.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
What in tarnation
Ylonen is a top prospect. Who are you to say such thing. He had some really decent number in a defensive sm liiga. Vlassic at 5,6 is not that bad but for 7 years he is a bullet for every single organization. Long term deal for 35 year old players are terrible. This trade is absolutely terrible don’t try to justify yourself. Just ask pardon and never do it again. The only tesm that benefit here is the shark.

Dude, I'm Finnish. I follow Liiga on the regular, and Ylönen hasn't really showed anything that should be aligned with the top prospect claim. He's in pace for 33 points. He's a good player for Liiga, but a B-prospect for NHL, tops. For a 20 year old the amount isn't that much. Top prospects score better than that at 18, and superstars like Kakko 38 as a 17-year old. Players that can achieve that are top prospects.

Also Vlasic's 32, turns 33 shortly.. Not 35. There's a big difference in there. He's 39 during the last year of his contract.

Lmao that "trade is absolutely terrible don't try to justify yourself." I'd like to hear why, for me it seems quite a good deal. At this point you sound like a naive child with only one argument, the fact that the contract runs a bit too long.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:33 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: aedoran
There is no chance Yzerman makes a trade that brings Alzner to Detroit they have enough players that are over the hill and over 30. Dahlén is back in Sweden playing and might not come back. Alex True is 22 and never played a NHL game.

Understandable, I can see why no one would like to have Alzner in their organisation.

As for Dahlen, he's currently dominating in Sweden. Imo he's playing in a way too weak league. He could have a future in NHL.

As for True, I think he's a bit weaker equivalent to that of Jeremy Bracco, but with being able to play C he gains some value. They both are 22 and haven't made their debut yet, but they both have potential. Think when it comes to what they get, DET could be a total winner here when compared to what they're actually losing, namely a bottom-4 D-man. Nothing else.
aedoran liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:35 p.m.

I don't love it, also don't hate it as much as other Vlasic to MTL trades I've seen on here. Then again I don't think I'll ever see a Vlasic or Alzner deal I'll like so on the fence I go.
justaBoss liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:38 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: LumberJacques
I don't love it, also don't hate it as much as other Vlasic to MTL trades I've seen on here. Then again I don't think I'll ever see a Vlasic or Alzner deal I'll like so on the fence I go.

Indeed. Imo it's a risky business with tangling with a long-term contracts such as Vlasic's, so I thought that in order to make a fair trade, I'd need to include a bad contract in the exchange to garner the incentive for MTL to actually consider it. For SJ I wanted the value of a solid d-man (1st+prospect+roster player), but also even out the risks the contract carries (add bad contract).
LumberJacques liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:49 p.m.
Indeed. Imo it's a risky business with tangling with a long-term contracts such as Vlasic's, so I thought that in order to make a fair trade, I'd need to include a bad contract in the exchange to garner the incentive for MTL to actually consider it. For SJ I wanted the value of a solid d-man (1st+prospect+roster player), but also even out the risks the contract carries (add bad contract).

I like the idea of both teams retaining on their bad contracts. I feel like this is a clever way of offsetting the difference in term.
justaBoss liked this.
Nov. 5, 2019 at 9:50 p.m.
Banned
Dude, I'm Finnish. I follow Liiga on the regular, and Ylönen hasn't really showed anything that should be aligned with the top prospect claim. He's in pace for 33 points. He's a good player for Liiga, but a B-prospect for NHL, tops. For a 20 year old the amount isn't that much. Top prospects score better than that at 18, and superstars like Kakko 38 as a 17-year old. Players that can achieve that are top prospects.

Also Vlasic's 32, turns 33 shortly.. Not 35. There's a big difference in there. He's 39 during the last year of his contract.

Lmao that "trade is absolutely terrible don't try to justify yourself." I'd like to hear why, for me it seems quite a good deal. At this point you sound like a naive child with only one argument, the fact that the contract runs a bit too long.

I have been clear contract after 35 are buyout proof. Montreal have already shea weber then can’t afford another one. Montreal will no pay to acquire a bullshat contract. Ylonen is a montreal top prospect, and he just turn 20 so he isn’t a b prospect he have ton’s of skill and will have a shot at the nhl soon. Vlassic is a good players but for how long that the biggest problem with that deal. If is contract was 4 year it would be different but 7 years with 4 years over 35 is a non touche by montreal
Nov. 5, 2019 at 10:02 p.m.
What in tarnation
I have been clear contract after 35 are buyout proof. Montreal have already shea weber then can’t afford another one. Montreal will no pay to acquire a bullshat contract. Ylonen is a montreal top prospect, and he just turn 20 so he isn’t a b prospect he have ton’s of skill and will have a shot at the nhl soon. Vlassic is a good players but for how long that the biggest problem with that deal. If is contract was 4 year it would be different but 7 years with 4 years over 35 is a non touche by montreal

Yeah I admit the biggest issue for acquiring Vlasic is the fact that they already have Weber's contract. But when retained, it shouldn't pose such a big problem you seem to think. Weber's already 34 and he's still by far your best RHD, and same should be the case for Vlasic as well, with him being cheaper than practically anyone you could get for the 1LD position. The length might be an issue, hence the trade is constructed in a way MTL also gets rid of a bad contract... The asset they're getting should be in a good scale when comparing what they're actually losing in the exchange.

As for Ylönen, I'm afraid your expectations towards him are a tad too high... I think his potential is about the same as what Lehkonen and Armia brings to you at the moment, but I don't really see him getting above that. But as I said before, if Ylönen's a dealbreaker for you, he can be replaced with other prospect. I do think that top pair d-men in Vlasic's level should get a return of 1st+roster player+prospect...
Nov. 5, 2019 at 10:10 p.m.
Banned
Yeah I admit the biggest issue for acquiring Vlasic is the fact that they already have Weber's contract. But when retained, it shouldn't pose such a big problem you seem to think. Weber's already 34 and he's still by far your best RHD, and same should be the case for Vlasic as well, with him being cheaper than practically anyone you could get for the 1LD position. The length might be an issue, hence the trade is constructed in a way MTL also gets rid of a bad contract... The asset they're getting should be in a good scale when comparing what they're actually losing in the exchange.

As for Ylönen, I'm afraid your expectations towards him are a tad too high... I think his potential is about the same as what Lehkonen and Armia brings to you at the moment, but I don't really see him getting above that. But as I said before, if Ylönen's a dealbreaker for you, he can be replaced with other prospect. I do think that top pair d-men in Vlasic's level should get a return of 1st+roster player+prospect...

Vlassic will perform at a high level for maybe 3-4 years but after that even with the retaining he becomes a bullet. Montreal have so very good left handed defenseman in their farm system. Romanov will play next year and jordan harris will likely play in laval next year. As for ylonen even if he would be like lehkonen or armia he would have a impact and montreal will need elc players in a near future. Vlassic contract unless san jose are willing to retain half of the salary will be stuck with it. Team are more carefull noe with long term deslmfor aging players. Look a detroit who have to keep zetterberg and franzen on their payroll even if they are retired. Because they sre 35 over
Nov. 5, 2019 at 10:40 p.m.
What in tarnation
Vlassic will perform at a high level for maybe 3-4 years but after that even with the retaining he becomes a bullet. Montreal have so very good left handed defenseman in their farm system. Romanov will play next year and jordan harris will likely play in laval next year. As for ylonen even if he would be like lehkonen or armia he would have a impact and montreal will need elc players in a near future. Vlassic contract unless san jose are willing to retain half of the salary will be stuck with it. Team are more carefull noe with long term deslmfor aging players. Look a detroit who have to keep zetterberg and franzen on their payroll even if they are retired. Because they sre 35 over

Well they're both on LTIR, meaning they won't affect the cap...
Nov. 5, 2019 at 10:52 p.m.
Banned
Well they're both on LTIR, meaning they won't affect the cap...

You don’t know how ltir work do you? Because ltir still count as salary when team are under the cap like the red wings. When they are over the cap the ltir gave the team a certain % of cap relief that team can use to replace player. Ltir isn’t a magic world where contract disappears. Red wings pay full salary this season of both zetterberg and franzen. Maple leafs have to deal with a lot with bonuses and ltir players. They will have to transfers bonuses money that isn’t affect by ltir and loses cao space next year so ltir steal count go read on it on cap friendly you will found interesting stuff
Nov. 5, 2019 at 11:04 p.m.
Understandable, I can see why no one would like to have Alzner in their organisation.

As for Dahlen, he's currently dominating in Sweden. Imo he's playing in a way too weak league. He could have a future in NHL.

As for True, I think he's a bit weaker equivalent to that of Jeremy Bracco, but with being able to play C he gains some value. They both are 22 and haven't made their debut yet, but they both have potential. Think when it comes to what they get, DET could be a total winner here when compared to what they're actually losing, namely a bottom-4 D-man. Nothing else.

While Nemeth has been good defensively he is very responsible and better than I thought he would be. Yzerman brought him in to help with the transition Green, Daley and Ericsson this is their last season in Detroit, and that leaves DeKeyser as the only dman with any real experience. For Hronek, Cholowski and Bowey this will be their first full NHL season. I agree with you I think Nemeth is about a #4 or #5. Since he was brought in for a purpose I don't think he gets traded but he isn't the reason I don't think this trade happens.

The main reason is Alzner and his contract he is buried now and Montreal buried him twice last year he no longer good enough to play in the NHL. With Detroit having 11 players signed for next season and they have Mantha, Bertuzzi, and AA to resign they are the most important and the most expensive players for Detroit to resign. The Detroit also has DLR, Ehn, Erne, Perlini, Hirose, Hicketts, Sevechnikov, Kaski, Kuffner Saarijarvi and Turgeon to resign. They have about $35.5M to do that with and I know they won't resign them all but it would be nice to have some cap to maybe sign a free agent. Plus Detroit is sill rebuilding and aren't going to trade 3rd round pick in very deep draft.

I really don't think Dahlen comes back the league he is in now the Allsvenskan (Sweden version of the AHL and he is there because his SHL team sent him there for whatever reason. True is young and could be a good NHL player but most NHLer's see NHL action at 20 and every year after that the likely hood of making it to the NHL goes down. Exceptions college players and some players playing in other countries, but this this is True's 3rd pro season.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 1:01 a.m.
What in tarnation
You don’t know how ltir work do you? Because ltir still count as salary when team are under the cap like the red wings. When they are over the cap the ltir gave the team a certain % of cap relief that team can use to replace player. Ltir isn’t a magic world where contract disappears. Red wings pay full salary this season of both zetterberg and franzen. Maple leafs have to deal with a lot with bonuses and ltir players. They will have to transfers bonuses money that isn’t affect by ltir and loses cao space next year so ltir steal count go read on it on cap friendly you will found interesting stuff

I'm well aware of this. Also I think DET is not the only one paying the salary, I think the insurance will cover some of it.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 1:04 a.m.
Banned
I'm well aware of this. Also I think DET is not the only one paying the salary, I think the insurance will cover some of it.

For franzen maybe but for zetterberg detroit isn’t paying him a dime since he is retired but he still count on the payroll
Nov. 6, 2019 at 1:41 a.m.
You also give $5,5M to SJ in cap, the difference is around $1,5M which VAN should afford. Not getting into what he brings off ice, but on ice he'd be a good strengthening for your team, and is paid quite typical amount of money for a player of his level, so the value is there.

We really can't afford an extra 1.5 million right now. His off ice stuff is pretty clear baggage, but we already acquired a player in his prime right now to elevate the team in Miller. Kane is still good on the ice, but will more than likely deteriorate over the length of his contract which is right when the Canucks will (hopefully) be rising in the league. I just don't really see a fit there.

There isn't much in San Jose that Vancouver would reasonably be interested in unless it's a depth defenseman for the Playoffs or something.
justaBoss liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 1:54 a.m.
Up the retention to the full 50% on Vlasic and change the condition on the 1st rounder to be MTL winning the cup or it becomes the worse of MTL's 2nd rounders swapped for the Sharks 3rd rounder and you might have the framework for a Vlasic to MTL deal.
Kane can likely fetch more, either another 2nd, or at least a player consistently in the 40 point range along with a 25 point player.
M. Karlsson is a rental and Jones has been bad, no way Ottawa is giving up a 2nd plus for them.
I doubt Arizona has any interest in Dell of Noah, and Raanta is worth more than a 2nd and 3rd.
Not enough incentive for Detroit to downgrade from Nemeth to Alzner.
Leafs don't need to waste assets on a guy who would be 7th or 8th on their LHD depth chart.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll