Forums/Armchair-GM

Sundays lineup

Created by: awatt
Team: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 6, 2019
Published: Nov. 6, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I would love to see Eakins try this lineup some time during the homestand. I think this would benefit Steel a lot and Ricky would have more chances.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$67,833,757$0$2,315,000$13,666,243
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 2
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,541,000$1,541,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 8
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$1,125,000$1,125,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
RFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 6, 2019 at 4:32 p.m.
I think Steel is best utilized at center though I get the impulse to give him a better opportunity being on the top line. I think Shore has no place on this team. Not talented enough to be a top-6 guy and not fast and gritty enough to be a bottom-6 guy. Comtois brings the most effort and generates the most chances of our young guys so I wouldn't take him out of the lineup. He can swap with Jones though. I'm starting to worry that kid just doesn't have the hands for the bigs.
awatt, OldNYIfan and Icarus liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 4:33 p.m.
Jah1722
I don’t mind moving Steel to the wing for a couple games. Bring up Lundestrom to for the all Swede line. And Comtois over Terry. Terry needs to sit. He won’t shoot the puck. Need to find a way to get thru to him. Sit him a game and see if he figure sit out. Had the puck in the slot twice last night and didn’t shoot either time.
awatt, OldNYIfan, TheJoeMan and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Quoting: TheJoeMan
I think Steel is best utilized at center though I get the impulse to give him a better opportunity being on the top line. I think Shore has no place on this team. Not talented enough to be a top-6 guy and not fast and gritty enough to be a bottom-6 guy. Comtois brings the most effort and generates the most chances of our young guys so I wouldn't take him out of the lineup. He can swap with Jones though. I'm starting to worry that kid just doesn't have the hands for the bigs.

I am with you %100. I just saw what an impact that line had against Chicago on Sunday night and I would love to see if for a full game and go from there. I'm indifferent with Shore. I thought he played well in the first 2 games but after that its been kind of shakey. Fair enough, I love Comtois but didn't think he would be utilized great on the 4th line. I would love to see this team to start burying some of their chances though.

Quoting: Jah1722
I don’t mind moving Steel to the wing for a couple games. Bring up Lundestrom to for the all Swede line. And Comtois over Terry. Terry needs to sit. He won’t shoot the puck. Need to find a way to get thru to him. Sit him a game and see if he figure sit out. Had the puck in the slot twice last night and didn’t shoot either time.

You make a good point on bringing Lundestrom up. Terry reminds me of Getzlaf and not wanting to shoot. I still don't think I would sit Terry though. Maybe sit Jones instead of Terry and bring Comtois back in the lineup.
OldNYIfan and TheJoeMan liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 5:17 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: awatt
I am with you %100. I just saw what an impact that line had against Chicago on Sunday night and I would love to see if for a full game and go from there. I'm indifferent with Shore. I thought he played well in the first 2 games but after that its been kind of shakey. Fair enough, I love Comtois but didn't think he would be utilized great on the 4th line. I would love to see this team to start burying some of their chances though.

You make a good point on bringing Lundestrom up. Terry reminds me of Getzlaf and not wanting to shoot. I still don't think I would sit Terry though. Maybe sit Jones instead of Terry and bring Comtois back in the lineup.

Getzlaf makes a pass, Terry tries to make an extra move. He’s worse than Getzlaf in that aspect right now. I thought the Jones-Steel-Terry line was solid in getting Ozone time they just never put anything on net. A wise man once said “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. He needs to shoot.

I've been getting increasingly frustrated with a few things with this team, Terry not shooting, Eakins playing the 4th line vs opponent top lines, and Rowney icing the puck and/or not getting off when he should.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 5:23 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

I disagree! I counted three times.
Jah1722 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 5:24 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Getzlaf makes a pass, Terry tries to make an extra move. He’s worse than Getzlaf in that aspect right now. I thought the Jones-Steel-Terry line was solid in getting Ozone time they just never put anything on net. A wise man once said “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. He needs to shoot.

I've been getting increasingly frustrated with a few things with this team, Terry not shooting, Eakins playing the 4th line vs opponent top lines, and Rowney icing the puck and/or not getting off when he should.

Amen.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 5:26 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: awatt

What about:
Comtois-Getzlaf-Kase
Rakell-Henrique-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Steel-Terry
DesLauriers-Grant-Rowney
awatt liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 5:31 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: OldNYIfan
What about:
Comtois-Getzlaf-Kase
Rakell-Henrique-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Steel-Terry
DesLauriers-Grant-Rowney

Gimme Jones-Grant-Shore for a game.
OldNYIfan and awatt liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.

Totally agree with this. Terry has been driving me crazy this year. It's funny, I remember watching him in the Frozen Four a few years ago thinking, "Man this kid the most talented player on the ice but he holds onto the puck a lot. Not sure that's gonna work in the NHL." He doesn't have Getzy's size to be able to shield off defenders allowing him the time and space to justify holding onto the puck that long. And every time I see him and Getzy together it's like "Welp, I guess no one is going to shoot the puck on this line." Terry watching the game from the press box, or even playing in San Diego for a game or two, might light a fire under his ass to get him to be more assertive with the puck.
awatt and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Jam

Terry is Getz Jr. Tries to do too much with the puck and wants to drive play, but he hasnt figured out how to make plays with the puck yet. He cant pass as well as Getz and has more than good enough of a shot that he should take more. I think he got really discouraged early on because he hit so many posts. He absolutely needs a message or a good scoring game to get his confidence.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 6, 2019 at 8:17 p.m.
Jam

Shore was one of our best players in the first 3 or so games. And then has been on a steady decline since. I think he's a decent 2 way guy and decent PK guy, but couldnt agree more that he has no place in the line up. As far as the kids go, I think they are going to get there. But they just arent there this year. The confidence and the skill just arent there. Jones could be really effective if he made smarter plays and stopped trying to either make the quick choice just wrong choice all together. Comtois and Getz are really fun to watch together so far. I think Ritchie has been better on that line that he has in awhile, but he's not the right guy. Not sure who is though.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:20 a.m.
Totally agree with this. Terry has been driving me crazy this year. It's funny, I remember watching him in the Frozen Four a few years ago thinking, "Man this kid the most talented player on the ice but he holds onto the puck a lot. Not sure that's gonna work in the NHL." He doesn't have Getzy's size to be able to shield off defenders allowing him the time and space to justify holding onto the puck that long. And every time I see him and Getzy together it's like "Welp, I guess no one is going to shoot the puck on this line." Terry watching the game from the press box, or even playing in San Diego for a game or two, might light a fire under his ass to get him to be more assertive with the puck.

I love Terry but I think you are absolutely spot on with this. Send him down to SD for a couple games and see what he does. Tell him you are looking for him to shoot a little more often instead of the pass first mentality.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll