Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 7, 2019 at 9:44 p.m.
Why Winnipeg take Ceci ?
Templar87 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
Sufferingleafsfan
Quoting: GMs
Why Winnipeg take Ceci ?

They have an extremely weak right side on their D. Ceci isn't amazing but he's an upgrade over their current d-depth after the summer they had.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:00 p.m.
Quoting: Sufferingleafsfan
They have an extremely weak right side on their D. Ceci isn't amazing but he's an upgrade over their current d-depth after the summer they had.

Ok and you think Ceci is the best Dman they can get for a 3rd lmao MTL trade you Weber for Marner because he'll be your best RHD and you have detph on the RW so done deal
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Banned
Ceci was a - tonight....what he do LOL
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:09 p.m.
Sufferingleafsfan
Quoting: GMs
Ok and you think Ceci is the best Dman they can get for a 3rd lmao MTL trade you Weber for Marner because he'll be your best RHD and you have detph on the RW so done deal

Well in terms of teams that have NHL ready D-Men they want to give up at this point in the season yeah Ceci is probably one of the better options. I'd also be happy with a 4th coming back. MTL and TOR wouldn't trade Weber for Marner
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
OK you don't like Ceci, but isn't kinda ridiculous to expect an NHLer (Walker) to be traded to the Leafs for waiver player, an AHLer and two meaningless picks? Petan's on waivers and you expect a pick in return?
Playoff hopeful Canes trading an NHLer Dman for not much. DeSmith is the Pens third goalie, they just might need him this year.
The usual one sided trades to satisfy Leaf needs.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:11 p.m.
Sufferingleafsfan
Quoting: pharrow

Ceci basically passed the puck to Pacioretty for the Vegas goal
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
Sufferingleafsfan
Quoting: palhal
OK you don't like Ceci, but isn't kinda ridiculous to expect an NHLer (Walker) to be traded to the Leafs for waiver player, an AHLer and two meaningless picks? Petan's on waivers and you expect a pick in return?
Playoff hopeful Canes trading an NHLer Dman for not much. DeSmith is the Pens third goalie, they just might need him this year.
The usual one sided trades to satisfy Leaf needs.

Your critique is fair. Walker trade gives them two possible futures in the picks and a B prospect plus Marincin to fill in on their bottom pair for the rest of the season. Walker is decent but by no means a proven commodity. Picks value could be increased a bit though you're probably right.

Canes have a logjam on their D right now they might be convinced to accept some winger depth that they could use for that playoff push (Timashov) and a B prospect (Bracco) and a small futures return.

Maybe I'm a little low on return value BUT I think these aren't a bad framework to build off of for the Leafs
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.
Sufferingleafsfan
Also the title is a reference to a Steve Dangle tweet from tonight
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.

Unlucky bounce of the puck that led to a goal. Every D played very well tonight. This guy who made this ACGM is way overreacting.

If the Leafs play this way in their own end for the rest of the season, they will be fine.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:31 p.m.
Your critique is fair. Walker trade gives them two possible futures in the picks and a B prospect plus Marincin to fill in on their bottom pair for the rest of the season. Walker is decent but by no means a proven commodity. Picks value could be increased a bit though you're probably right.

Canes have a logjam on their D right now they might be convinced to accept some winger depth that they could use for that playoff push (Timashov) and a B prospect (Bracco) and a small futures return.

Maybe I'm a little low on return value BUT I think these aren't a bad framework to build off of for the Leafs

Sean Walker's play has been the single best thing about the Kings season so far (and there's not been a lot of good things). Additionally, the Kings are pretty shallow at RHD, with Doughty and Durzi as the only other two NHL capable options in the system.

I honestly don't think the Kings would trade Walker for anything less than a 1st round pick. I'm not saying that he's worth that or that a team would be willing to pay that, but that's what it would take to acquire him this season.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 10:48 p.m.
If you think Walker is good enough to be a top 4 RD (I don't know much about him so can't say), why would he be available for a depth prospect, a guy is literally on waivers and two late picks?
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 11:42 p.m.

No need to overreact to everything.! Wait for a larger sample size to draw from.
GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 7, 2019 at 11:43 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
Unlucky bounce of the puck that led to a goal. Every D played very well tonight. This guy who made this ACGM is way overreacting.

If the Leafs play this way in their own end for the rest of the season, they will be fine.

Amen, another person who gets it.
oneX and GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 1:32 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

Trying to clear it from the front of the net while it was rolling. It was an unlucky play but he had no other option. Not a place where he could blindly back hand it or even try to turn around. This is exactly what is wrong with leaf fans. @pharrow watch the replay and tell me I’m wrong.
Sign_em_up000000 and palhal liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 6:53 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Jamiepo
Trying to clear it from the front of the net while it was rolling. It was an unlucky play but he had no other option. Not a place where he could blindly back hand it or even try to turn around. This is exactly what is wrong with leaf fans. @pharrow watch the replay and tell me I’m wrong.

I just watch it.
It happened it a split second. but he played that puck across the front of the net trying to get it out of there. You can't do that as a defenseman high danger way to clear the puck. I think most people would agree with that. It's got to go to the corner, even if it's a blind pass. It's the safer play. Always away from the net. Even if you might lose it in the scrum, it's better than playing it across the goaltender like that.
I'm not going to knock him for it. It was a split second thing, he just whacked it instinctively, panic mode play. Shiznit happens. But you would never teach a young defenseman to do that.
If a team gave up 1 goal on defense, that's not bad. You can't blame the goaltender or the defense for games where you give up 1 goal. I think their frustration is 12 goals in 17 games in 5v5 play. I admit I have not seen them all. So I'm not going to judge.
Even if it was a kind of bone head move. There is 60 minutes in a game. 1 goal is never why a team loses. Toronto won, so it shows they capitalized on some of those other moments.
Now if they coughed up 4 goals or something. That's a different story. Like that 8 minute melt down the Avs exposed last night. That was some chitty defense.
GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:19 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I just watch it.
It happened it a split second. but he played that puck across the front of the net trying to get it out of there. You can't do that as a defenseman high danger way to clear the puck. I think most people would agree with that. It's got to go to the corner, even if it's a blind pass. It's the safer play. Always away from the net. Even if you might lose it in the scrum, it's better than playing it across the goaltender like that.
I'm not going to knock him for it. It was a split second thing, he just whacked it instinctively, panic mode play. Shiznit happens. But you would never teach a young defenseman to do that.
If a team gave up 1 goal on defense, that's not bad. You can't blame the goaltender or the defense for games where you give up 1 goal. I think their frustration is 12 goals in 17 games in 5v5 play. I admit I have not seen them all. So I'm not going to judge.
Even if it was a kind of bone head move. There is 60 minutes in a game. 1 goal is never why a team loses. Toronto won, so it shows they capitalized on some of those other moments.
Now if they coughed up 4 goals or something. That's a different story. Like that 8 minute melt down the Avs exposed last night. That was some chitty defense.

The way I saw it he was clearing it to the corner. Unlucky play. If it wasn’t rolling he would have got it there but a solid 59min and 59sec and one bad second isn’t horrible.
palhal and pharrow liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:27 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The way I saw it he was clearing it to the corner. Unlucky play. If it wasn’t rolling he would have got it there but a solid 59min and 59sec and one bad second isn’t horrible.

Ceci's stats as a Leafs (if they mean anything) have him superior to players such as Hamonic...a golden boy to so many Leaf fans. IMO almost all of the Leafs and their coaches haven't been playing up to their contracts. Amazing how Zaitsev, Gardiner and Hainsey were whipping boys for the uniformed, now it's Ceci. If anything Barrie and Reilly should be criticized for their overall play.
GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:35 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: palhal
Ceci's stats as a Leafs (if they mean anything) have him superior to players such as Hamonic...a golden boy to so many Leaf fans. IMO almost all of the Leafs and their coaches haven't been playing up to their contracts. Amazing how Zaitsev, Gardiner and Hainsey were whipping boys for the uniformed, now it's Ceci. If anything Barrie and Reilly should be criticized for their overall play.

I give Rielly a pass for playing hurt. Barrie, although adjusting, has no excuse. At the same time he just hasn’t been great. Not horrible. The entire team has really looked that way for most of the season. When they finally pull their socks up and start playing things will be much different. All teams go through slumps. This is a much better time to hit that. Go into the playoffs hot.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
I just watch it.

You are overanalyzing one play. This game and the LA game were played well defensively and far better than the games prior to these two games.

If the Leafs continue to be better defensively like they have here then they will be in the playoffs.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:47 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I give Rielly a pass for playing hurt. Barrie, although adjusting, has no excuse. At the same time he just hasn’t been great. Not horrible. The entire team has really looked that way for most of the season. When they finally pull their socks up and start playing things will be much different. All teams go through slumps. This is a much better time to hit that. Go into the playoffs hot.

Seems like much of the team have really been playing dopey all season. Spurts of goodness....spurts of badness and long periods bland. Somehow they have the fifth best % in the conference. Still the overall defensive play looks shaky, and they are razor thin for NHL Dman replacements in case of injuries.
They have a road trip coming up. Leafs have had a good road record in recent years. Maybe the trip will wake them up.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:47 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: oneX
You are overanalyzing one play. This game and the LA game were played well defensively and far better than the games prior to these two games.

If the Leafs continue to be better defensively like they have here then they will be in the playoffs.

how did I over Analyze a one play?
Did you read what I typed?
GenXHockey liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 11:57 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
how did I over Analyze a one play?
Did you read what I typed?

If there was such a thing of over analyzing I don’t think cap friendly would exist.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
Banned
If there was such a thing of over analyzing I don’t think cap friendly would exist.

True that.
But it's only November there is a lot of hockey to play.
GenXHockey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll