Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
0 Chance, you get Jones for that, Matthews all day
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: Copenhagen

I agree with 0 chance. BUT.. Marner for jones. Matthews is on another level.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
I agree with 0 chance. BUT.. Marner for jones. Matthews is on another level.

Top 5 D for a top 10 forward (top 5 goal scorer) is pretty fair
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
Banned
Top 5 D for a top 10 forward (top 5 goal scorer) is pretty fair

So then Rielly could be moved for Draisaitl then?
SammyT_51 liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier

Draisaitl is center, and is top 5 forward in hockey.... so no, he takes all the draws when him and McDavid are out unless he gets kicked out
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.

Reilly isn’t top 5 D
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:27 p.m.
Banned
Draisaitl is center, and is top 5 forward in hockey.... so no, he takes all the draws when him and McDavid are out unless he gets kicked out

So then Rielly can be moved for McDavid, since in your own words, wingers aren't worth as much as #1 defenceman and if Draisaitl is a centre then McDavid is a winger. They exclusively play together so which one is the star here?

McDavid has taken 153 draws and Draisaitl 239 so far this season. Both are under 50% but that doesn't really mean anything as to who is centre. When its outside the faceoff dot, McDavid is the centre and always is. Taking draws doesn't mean you are necessarily the centre. Zack Hyman takes a lot of draws for TO, but he isn't a centre. Nylander takes all the draws on his strong side but is Matthews winger.

So what is there boss? You are the only team in the league that somehow has 2 guys playing centre at the same time? Or Draisaitl is a winger who takes the majority of draws because he is less worse at Faceoffs than McDavid?
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: linehan10
Reilly isn’t top 5 D

Of course he isn't he has a maple leaf on his chest so he's at best a #4 defenceman on any other team.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Draisaitl is center

And Matthews isn't?
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:38 p.m.
So then Rielly can be moved for McDavid, since in your own words, wingers aren't worth as much as #1 defenceman and if Draisaitl is a centre then McDavid is a winger. They exclusively play together so which one is the star here?

McDavid has taken 153 draws and Draisaitl 239 so far this season. Both are under 50% but that doesn't really mean anything as to who is centre. When its outside the faceoff dot, McDavid is the centre and always is. Taking draws doesn't mean you are necessarily the centre. Zack Hyman takes a lot of draws for TO, but he isn't a centre. Nylander takes all the draws on his strong side but is Matthews winger.

So what is there boss? You are the only team in the league that somehow has 2 guys playing centre at the same time? Or Draisaitl is a winger who takes the majority of draws because he is less worse at Faceoffs than McDavid?

Can there only be 1 star per team, well thats a dumb rule! Tavares and McDavid almost took the same amount of draws, is Tavares not a center either..... that is weird eh! 2 centers on one team! Drai is center and whoever gets back first plays center, just like kurri did when Gretzky took the draws, McDavid is at a 3rd line center pace
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:38 p.m.

I am confused as they just got a 59 point defenseman and a discounted salary and another good 3rd line centre who can play lw when they need him to. for kadri and rosen. so why not a first liner who can play 2 positions straight up for a guy who can play 1st line d? this is like saying no jones for johansen. fml
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
And Matthews isn't?

Isnt what, who are you?
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:40 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Isnt what, who are you?

What is this, who are you not?
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
Banned
Can there only be 1 star per team, well thats a dumb rule! Tavares and McDavid almost took the same amount of draws, is Tavares not a center either..... that is weird eh! 2 centers on one team! Drai is center and whoever gets back first plays center, just like kurri did when Gretzky took the draws, McDavid is at a 3rd line center pace

I said nothing to suggest that Drai isn't a star, he is. No question, I just find it funny how designations and value are very fluid to you. Wingers aren't worth as much as defenceman, unless they take more draws then they are centres, but also the other centre is a centre as well so they are both centres that play centre at the same time so they are both centres and centres are worth more than star defenceman.

Oh okay, so then Nylander is a centre then because he has taken 100 draws this season.

I think I can sum up your entire thought process, if a player plays in Edmonton they are a centre and worth more then every leaf player.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 4:55 p.m.
I said nothing to suggest that Drai isn't a star, he is. No question, I just find it funny how designations and value are very fluid to you. Wingers aren't worth as much as defenceman, unless they take more draws then they are centres, but also the other centre is a centre as well so they are both centres that play centre at the same time so they are both centres and centres are worth more than star defenceman.

Oh okay, so then Nylander is a centre then because he has taken 100 draws this season.

I think I can sum up your entire thought process, if a player plays in Edmonton they are a centre and worth more then every leaf player.

You should watch an Oilers game for once and see who the centers are and usually McDavid gets put out with another line in the 3rd because we are always behind and he takes the draws! Drai is our number 1 center and you can evaluate McDavid how ever you want on his worth. If you think that wingers are worth as much as centers and Defense, than I certainly cant help you with anything you have to say. (I think I can sum up your entire thought process, if a player plays in Edmonton they are a centre and worth more then every leaf player.) I have no idea what this even means! Nylander is not worth Seth Jones no matter how you look at it. Seth jones contract is amazing, he is a legit top 5 D in the league! If you think that is Jones worth for Nylander, so be it, but you never will!
Nov. 8, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
Banned
You should watch an Oilers game for once and see who the centers are and usually McDavid gets put out with another line in the 3rd because we are always behind and he takes the draws! Drai is our number 1 center and you can evaluate McDavid how ever you want on his worth. If you think that wingers are worth as much as centers and Defense, than I certainly cant help you with anything you have to say. (I think I can sum up your entire thought process, if a player plays in Edmonton they are a centre and worth more then every leaf player.) I have no idea what this even means! Nylander is not worth Seth Jones no matter how you look at it. Seth jones contract is amazing, he is a legit top 5 D in the league! If you think that is Jones worth for Nylander, so be it, but you never will!

McDavid is the best player in the team, he's your #1 centre but isn't good at draws although neither is Draisaitl so I am not sure why you are hanging your entire stance on faceoffs taken.

What I actually think is McDavid is the best player in the game. I think Draisaitl with McDavid is magic. What he is without McDavid is good but not nearly as effective as he is with McDavid. I think you can put me and a shovel on the ice with McDavid and he'll score a point a game. I think if you put me and Draisaitl together with a shovel, Draisaitl wouldn't score half as much. That doesn't mean he sucks, I am a terrible hockey player and a shovel is a shovel, no one should do well in that scenario, it just means that we don't really know how good Draisaitl is because no one seems to be able to put points up unless McDavid is on the ice.

If you want to say that McDavid is running off the coat tails of Draisaitl, I don't think many are going to support you.

The point I was trying to make with all this is that Larsson isn't really anything special and he isn't worth Kapanen. You like to throw around value based on importance to your team which is an completely flawed way to see things. Just because a guy is in a certain position on one team doesn't mean much if your team isn't very good and he's the best you have currently. For example, in the Kessel years, Bozak was a #1 centre in TO, does that make him a legit #1C? Not even close. So if Kapanen was on Edmonton what would he be? Your best RW, hands down and it isn't close, Edmonton just doesn't have any depth on the wings. Does that mean Kapanen is now worth more because he's the best of a bad bunch? No, it means he's worth exactly what he is worth, he's a top 6 winger on most teams, just not TO because they have Nylander and Marner ahead of him.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 5:15 p.m.
McDavid is the best player in the team, he's your #1 centre but isn't good at draws although neither is Draisaitl so I am not sure why you are hanging your entire stance on faceoffs taken.

What I actually think is McDavid is the best player in the game. I think Draisaitl with McDavid is magic. What he is without McDavid is good but not nearly as effective as he is with McDavid. I think you can put me and a shovel on the ice with McDavid and he'll score a point a game. I think if you put me and Draisaitl together with a shovel, Draisaitl wouldn't score half as much. That doesn't mean he sucks, I am a terrible hockey player and a shovel is a shovel, no one should do well in that scenario, it just means that we don't really know how good Draisaitl is because no one seems to be able to put points up unless McDavid is on the ice.

If you want to say that McDavid is running off the coat tails of Draisaitl, I don't think many are going to support you.

The point I was trying to make with all this is that Larsson isn't really anything special and he isn't worth Kapanen. You like to throw around value based on importance to your team which is an completely flawed way to see things. Just because a guy is in a certain position on one team doesn't mean much if your team isn't very good and he's the best you have currently. For example, in the Kessel years, Bozak was a #1 centre in TO, does that make him a legit #1C? Not even close. So if Kapanen was on Edmonton what would he be? Your best RW, hands down and it isn't close, Edmonton just doesn't have any depth on the wings. Does that mean Kapanen is now worth more because he's the best of a bad bunch? No, it means he's worth exactly what he is worth, he's a top 6 winger on most teams, just not TO because they have Nylander and Marner ahead of him.

I think that is exactly where Larsson's value is.. Kapenen for Larsson is a perfect trade that helps both teams out. He is disposable to the leafs and the leafs need a shut down awesome in the playoffs tough D, he is very hard to play against and people pay when playing against him! My opinion whether I am right or wrong.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 5:28 p.m.
Banned
I think that is exactly where Larsson's value is.. Kapenen for Larsson is a perfect trade that helps both teams out. He is disposable to the leafs and the leafs need a shut down awesome in the playoffs tough D, he is very hard to play against and people pay when playing against him! My opinion whether I am right or wrong.

But Larsson isn't a shut down defenceman. He's a physical stay at home guy but that isn't a shutdown guy. Doughty is a shutdown guy, Kieth was a shutdown guy, Weber was a shutdown guy. Larsson is a very good version of Roman Polak but not a shutdown guy.

Which is why I wouldn't give up Kapanen for Larsson. They can do better.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 5:38 p.m.
But Larsson isn't a shut down defenceman. He's a physical stay at home guy but that isn't a shutdown guy. Doughty is a shutdown guy, Kieth was a shutdown guy, Weber was a shutdown guy. Larsson is a very good version of Roman Polak but not a shutdown guy.

Which is why I wouldn't give up Kapanen for Larsson. They can do better.

Totally disagree, Doughty cant shut down a lemonade stand. Larsson is exactly a shut down D, he had a bad year last year do to his father dying, we in Edmonton got news that he is 1.5 weeks away from coming back, we are all very excited about that. I hope the Oilers do not trade him as he is very good with Klefbomb, last year he played with Jones who is in the AHL this year. If we make it to the playoffs, which i still dont see happening, it will be in large part due to him and he will be awesome in the playoffs again and will play against other teams top lines with Klefbomb. Pressure off of Nurse and Bear
I guess you will see when he gets back how different and back to normal he will be this year
Nov. 8, 2019 at 5:53 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

Nope... not even close.... why is jones so overrated on this site?
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Nov. 8, 2019 at 7:38 p.m.
Banned
Totally disagree, Doughty cant shut down a lemonade stand. Larsson is exactly a shut down D, he had a bad year last year do to his father dying, we in Edmonton got news that he is 1.5 weeks away from coming back, we are all very excited about that. I hope the Oilers do not trade him as he is very good with Klefbomb, last year he played with Jones who is in the AHL this year. If we make it to the playoffs, which i still dont see happening, it will be in large part due to him and he will be awesome in the playoffs again and will play against other teams top lines with Klefbomb. Pressure off of Nurse and Bear
I guess you will see when he gets back how different and back to normal he will be this year

Yup and this conversation is at an all time low. Larsson is a better shutdown defenceman than Drew Norris trophy winner Doughty. Thanks
Nov. 8, 2019 at 8:46 p.m.
Yup and this conversation is at an all time low. Larsson is a better shutdown defenceman than Drew Norris trophy winner Doughty. Thanks

Man you love making stuff up about what people say on this site. You said " They exclusively play together so which one is the star here? " Then you said "I said nothing to suggest that Drai isn't a star, he is." So does that mean we cant have 2 stars, Because I think we have 2, but once again you said which one is the star! No way Larsson is better than Doughty in any way except bringing the pain! Doughty was an offensive juggernaut, but certainly not a shut down D, Keith is and was never a shut down D, Seabrook and Chara are shut down D. Do you even watch hockey or know what a shutdown D is!
Nov. 8, 2019 at 8:47 p.m.
Man you love making stuff up about what people say on this site. You said " They exclusively play together so which one is the star here? " Then you said "I said nothing to suggest that Drai isn't a star, he is." So does that mean we cant have 2 stars, Because I think we have 2, but once again you said which one is the star! No way Larsson is better than Doughty in any way except bringing the pain! Doughty was an offensive juggernaut, but certainly not a shut down D, Keith is and was never a shut down D, Seabrook and Chara are shut down D. Do you even watch hockey or know what a shutdown D is!

Also Oilers game is on in 15 minutes, give it a watch sometime, dont pigeon hole yourself, we get all the leafs games here, you probably dont get 1 oiler game though
Nov. 9, 2019 at 1:19 a.m.
Of course he isn't he has a maple leaf on his chest so he's at best a #4 defenceman on any other team.

thats some delicious kool aid
deleted_12392840 liked this.
Nov. 9, 2019 at 1:22 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: linehan10
thats some delicious kool aid

Cool

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll