Forums/Armchair-GM

Hall to Avs just because that one guy is triggered for no reason

Created by: GenericUsername489
Team: 2019-20 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 12, 2019
Published: Nov. 12, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Assume Hall re-signs, re-signing Burakovsky, Jost, and Graves probably costs the same amount as Hall and Colorado has cheap contracts that are ready to fill spots in Kamenev, Timmins, Byram, etc. Also doesn't get rid of anyone in the Avs' current healthy top 6F or top 4D
Trades
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$76,963,928$0$2,682,500$4,536,072
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 4
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:01 p.m.
Banned
The ideas not bad but replace jost by newhook or beaucage a prospect who doesn’t need to be protect for seattle expansion draft. If devils take pieces for hall they would at least have them more then a season. But gusev isn’t getting traded this year. They will wait until next year that’s crystal clear
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:09 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Quoting: Sebybbq
The ideas not bad but replace jost by newhook or beaucage a prospect who doesn’t need to be protect for seattle expansion draft. If devils take pieces for hall they would at least have them more then a season. But gusev isn’t getting traded this year. They will wait until next year that’s crystal clear

If that's the case then I am good on Hall. I am still on the side of building our prospects pool and developing those prospects another year before making trades like this. I don't want to trade futures to have Hall be the oldest star player on the team. I want cheap prospects hitting their stride when MacKinnon, Makar, Landy and the newly signed Rantanen contracts are all in full swing and eating up tons of space.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Does this mean there were 488 Generic Usernames already? I think it's a decent trade. Still iffy on trading for Hall. I want to have a boring TDL.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
GenericUsername489
Quoting: BlastnyFromThePastny
Does this mean there were 488 Generic Usernames already? I think it's a decent trade. Still iffy on trading for Hall. I want to have a boring TDL.

Lol no. I'm just immature and added 420 and 69.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Quoting: GenericUsername489

That's a new one to me. Never thought to add them together. Nice.
Lenny7 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: GenericUsername489

Genius. That is hero level ? right there.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:29 p.m.
Banned
If that's the case then I am good on Hall. I am still on the side of building our prospects pool and developing those prospects another year before making trades like this. I don't want to trade futures to have Hall be the oldest star player on the team. I want cheap prospects hitting their stride when MacKinnon, Makar, Landy and the newly signed Rantanen contracts are all in full swing and eating up tons of space.

Colorado windows is right now my friend you have cheap contracts on keys players in three season from now you won’t have the cap space to add a pieces like hall. Makar will command a major raise, same for grubaeur and landeskog. Burakowski is on pace to have a salary increase and girard contracts kick in next season.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
Colorado windows is right now my friend you have cheap contracts on keys players in three season from now you won’t have the cap space to add a pieces like hall. Makar will command a major raise, same for grubaeur and landeskog. Burakowski is on pace to have a salary increase and girard contracts kick in next season.

Colorado's window JUST opened up. We're not the Sharks, Lightning, Bruins, etc. There is time to be patient and Sakic is a patient GM. We can still pick up a rental here and there in the next few years. It could even be someone who is around for a couple of playoff runs and that's it. That isn't going to be Taylor Hall. It is not worth such a sacrifice right now for one playoff run.

We have our star players, we need to keep building around them. We need to keep our Newhooks and Beaucages because those guys will be a big part of the supporting group for years to come. Also, our core is still developing with the potential to get better (Jost, Compher, Burakovsky), so that's another thing that convinces me that the Avs could make a deep playoff run with this team, even with injuries.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.
Banned
Colorado's window JUST opened up. We're not the Sharks, Lightning, Bruins, etc. There is time to be patient and Sakic is a patient GM. We can still pick up a rental here and there in the next few years. It could even be someone who is around for a couple of playoff runs and that's it. That isn't going to be Taylor Hall. It is not worth such a sacrifice right now for one playoff run.

We have our star players, we need to keep building around them. We need to keep our Newhooks and Beaucages because those guys will be a big part of the supporting group for years to come. Also, our core is still developing with the potential to get better (Jost, Compher, Burakovsky), so that's another thing that convinces me that the Avs could make a deep playoff run with this team, even with injuries.

you barely play for .500 since the injury to rantanen, and you think that you don’t need help on the top 6 moving forward for a cup run. Yes you have a good core but you miss some big piece. Taylor hall would gave you a real top 6. You don’t have true talent on the second line. When the game are on the line you need guy’s like hall, mackinon, landeskog, rantanen. Penguins wouldn’t won the cup without kessel acquisition, when your that close you have to go for it. Mackinon might get cancer or somebody could get hurt, sure colorado have a bright futur but they have a bright present to and that what is important. You have to maximize the present. Pittsburgh traded 4 first round pick and few prospect but won 2 cup
Los angeles have done similar in a four year spend. They suffer now but winning two stanley cup was worth it big time. Or you could be a good team for lots of year but never one the cup and no one will remember those team. At the end prospect and pick a young players are super but organization wants stanley cup.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 6:14 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
you barely play for .500 since the injury to rantanen, and you think that you don’t need help on the top 6 moving forward for a cup run. Yes you have a good core but you miss some big piece. Taylor hall would gave you a real top 6. You don’t have true talent on the second line. When the game are on the line you need guy’s like hall, mackinon, landeskog, rantanen. Penguins wouldn’t won the cup without kessel acquisition, when your that close you have to go for it. Mackinon might get cancer or somebody could get hurt, sure colorado have a bright futur but they have a bright present to and that what is important. You have to maximize the present. Pittsburgh traded 4 first round pick and few prospect but won 2 cup
Los angeles have done similar in a four year spend. They suffer now but winning two stanley cup was worth it big time. Or you could be a good team for lots of year but never one the cup and no one will remember those team. At the end prospect and pick a young players are super but organization wants stanley cup.

Very well put, I could change my mind around the time of the TDL. There have been teams that have been patient and teams that have gone for it. Both have failed and succeeded. San Jose has been going for it for awhile and now it's looking bleak for them and they're tied up in some awful contract. St. Louis was patient, even traded one of their best centres at the deadline (Stastny) when they were two points out of it. Because of things like that they were able to put together an O'Reilly deal. A two-way gamebreaking centre, who I miss the living crap out of, with term and a great cap hit especially for what he brings. They stockpiled picks and prospects, developed their 1st rounders and when the right deal came along they were able to capitalize. I don't see that with Taylor Hall and the Avalanche.

Yes I do admit having Hall would make the forwards much better, there is no doubt about it. Yes the Avs have struggled with injuries to their top line. I still think it's growing pains from a newly acquired 2nd line. They also did manage 6 goals in 8 minutes against Nashville (who I believe is winning the cup this year, I know worst Avs fan ever right?) Colorado gets to be in an incredible position right now with their bright future and they don't need to rush to get better quite yet. I'll re-assess at the TDL. But this team has looked good, and it's not just that top line.
Pharow liked this.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 6:27 p.m.
Banned
Very well put, I could change my mind around the time of the TDL. There have been teams that have been patient and teams that have gone for it. Both have failed and succeeded. San Jose has been going for it for awhile and now it's looking bleak for them and they're tied up in some awful contract. St. Louis was patient, even traded one of their best centres at the deadline (Stastny) when they were two points out of it. Because of things like that they were able to put together an O'Reilly deal. A two-way gamebreaking centre, who I miss the living crap out of, with term and a great cap hit especially for what he brings. They stockpiled picks and prospects, developed their 1st rounders and when the right deal came along they were able to capitalize. I don't see that with Taylor Hall and the Avalanche.

Yes I do admit having Hall would make the forwards much better, there is no doubt about it. Yes the Avs have struggled with injuries to their top line. I still think it's growing pains from a newly acquired 2nd line. They also did manage 6 goals in 8 minutes against Nashville (who I believe is winning the cup this year, I know worst Avs fan ever right?) Colorado gets to be in an incredible position right now with their bright future and they don't need to rush to get better quite yet. I'll re-assess at the TDL. But this team has looked good, and it's not just that top line.

I mean your friend who thibk i am troll is completely wrong. I fallow the Avalanche since they moved to Colorado and i was cheering for them in playoff last year but that was a big part of the lost against san jose. They where lacking a second line. You need to have depth in playoff. And unlike your crazy friend says in really hope that colorado will make a deep run this year but as a hockey fan i am also objective and looking at st louis depth over their first 3 line or vegas ( who need to improved their defence) or nashville colorado isnt their yet. Defensively colorado is pretty set. But up front they miss that second threat.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 6:51 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
I mean your friend who thibk i am troll is completely wrong. I fallow the Avalanche since they moved to Colorado and i was cheering for them in playoff last year but that was a big part of the lost against san jose. They where lacking a second line. You need to have depth in playoff. And unlike your crazy friend says in really hope that colorado will make a deep run this year but as a hockey fan i am also objective and looking at st louis depth over their first 3 line or vegas ( who need to improved their defence) or nashville colorado isnt their yet. Defensively colorado is pretty set. But up front they miss that second threat.

That is a fair an objective standpoint. I don't think you're a troll. Maybe the spelling could be better (mine isn't always good so I am one to talk) but there is genuinely good insight to your posts. It's true St. Louis had 3CBozak, Pittsburgh had 3CBonino, Washington had 3CEller, depth definitely wins championships. Right now because we haven't even hit Game 20, I am optimistic and at this point I am hopeful that at least two of Kadri, Burakovsky, Donskoi can be that secondary threat and it's not too crazy to think that as they all have decent playoff experience and have performed very well so far this year.
I am hopeful that Compher becomes that Eller/Bonino/Bozak type and because it's early I can see that happening.

But once February rolls around, it could be a very different story and maybe I'd be a lot more comfortable dealing futures for help now. Hall and MacKinnon would look great together and Landy could be a strong physical/scoring force with Kadri. I can honestly say my opinion is being swayed. If I were to do a Hall trade. Hall for Jost, Zadorov and a Conditional 2021 2nd that becomes a 2021 first if Hall re-signs. It's just going to be an ugly cap in a few years with that because Hall will demand term and we might be stuck trying to trade it come time to re-sign MacKinnon. Not all that impossible though.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 6:53 p.m.
Banned
That is a fair an objective standpoint. I don't think you're a troll. Maybe the spelling could be better (mine isn't always good so I am one to talk) but there is genuinely good insight to your posts. It's true St. Louis had 3CBozak, Pittsburgh had 3CBonino, Washington had 3CEller, depth definitely wins championships. Right now because we haven't even hit Game 20, I am optimistic and at this point I am hopeful that at least two of Kadri, Burakovsky, Donskoi can be that secondary threat and it's not too crazy to think that as they all have decent playoff experience and have performed very well so far this year.
I am hopeful that Compher becomes that Eller/Bonino/Bozak type and because it's early I can see that happening.

But once February rolls around, it could be a very different story and maybe I'd be a lot more comfortable dealing futures for help now. Hall and MacKinnon would look great together and Landy could be a strong physical/scoring force with Kadri. I can honestly say my opinion is being swayed. If I were to do a Hall trade. Hall for Jost, Zadorov and a Conditional 2021 2nd that becomes a 2021 first if Hall re-signs. It's just going to be an ugly cap in a few years with that because Hall will demand term and we might be stuck trying to trade it come time to re-sign MacKinnon. Not all that impossible though.

I am French Canadian
Nov. 12, 2019 at 7:01 p.m.
Banned

I could absolutely see that to i mean hall with mackinnon would be insane both are speedster and landeskog gritty style would be perfect with kadri. They could be one of the thoughest line to olay against always grinding defenseman. Compher’s not bad but replacing soderberg isnt a easy task he was really good both ways. And i agree with you when you say that February is still a long way to go. I mean things change real quick in hockey you lose 3 straight and you could be out of a playoff spot. I don’t think the avs are in danger if their blueline stay healthy, but losing either makar or girard or mackinon would be way more damaging .
Nov. 12, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.
GloryDaysAreBack
I am French Canadian

Je m'excuse, votre anglais est supérieur. If I were to use my French to get my ideas across, you would not want to read it hahaha.

I could absolutely see that to i mean hall with mackinnon would be insane both are speedster and landeskog gritty style would be perfect with kadri. They could be one of the thoughest line to olay against always grinding defenseman. Compher’s not bad but replacing soderberg isnt a easy task he was really good both ways. And i agree with you when you say that February is still a long way to go. I mean things change real quick in hockey you lose 3 straight and you could be out of a playoff spot. I don’t think the avs are in danger if their blueline stay healthy, but losing either makar or girard or mackinon would be way more damaging .

I am comfortable playing with these ideas now. If I could keep Byram, Hewhook and Beaucage I'd be happy. Losing Girard or Makar to injury would be brutal. Maybe, if we trade for Hall, we should try to acquire Vatanen as well in case those injuries happen. I'd be happy to send Jost, Zadorov (which NJ is interested in), Kaut, a 2021 1st rounder and a conditional 2nd rounder from 2022 if Hall re-signs for both Hall and Vatanen. Kaut and Zacha could be a good Czech duo. Jost may look like he's becoming a 20g scorer by then and could take a spot lower than Hall's spot on the roster as NJ would likely promote within. Jost and Zadorov are RFAs so NJ would keep the rights no matter what. Yeah this team could be scary.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 7:25 p.m.
Banned
Je m'excuse, votre anglais est supérieur. If I were to use my French to get my ideas across, you would not want to read it hahaha.

I am comfortable playing with these ideas now. If I could keep Byram, Hewhook and Beaucage I'd be happy. Losing Girard or Makar to injury would be brutal. Maybe, if we trade for Hall, we should try to acquire Vatanen as well in case those injuries happen. I'd be happy to send Jost, Zadorov (which NJ is interested in), Kaut, a 2021 1st rounder and a conditional 2nd rounder from 2022 if Hall re-signs for both Hall and Vatanen. Kaut and Zacha could be a good Czech duo. Jost may look like he's becoming a 20g scorer by then and could take a spot lower than Hall's spot on the roster as NJ would likely promote within. Jost and Zadorov are RFAs so NJ would keep the rights no matter what. Yeah this team could be scary.

This would be a great offer for hall. Hall have made it clear that he wanted to be on a contending team. Colorado would be a perfect match and they have piece that devils would like. One of zadorov or jost and kaut plus a first would be enough. Hall doesn’t want to play for new jersey no more they should take that offer before losing him for nothing. I would thibk that sakic would negociate with hall agent before trading for him for a extension. Like the stone trade and sign

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll