$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the New York Islanders
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,200,000$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$360,000$360K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 3
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:07 p.m.
Wow. Never seen this before. ?
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:09 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999

You're welcome.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:09 p.m.

Good luck signing Barzal, Chabot, Krug, Grizz, backup goalie, and the other half dozen open slots next year.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
Good luck signing Barzal, Chabot, Krug, Grizz, backup goalie, and the other half dozen open slots next year.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1503720
Nov. 12, 2019 at 4:45 p.m.
see what surprises me is that people keep taking barzal. It wasnt a need in 2015. Center wasnt a need they wanted to address. I keep thinking about it more and more and really the only "miss" was zboril. Look at what positions they drafted and where they are now. They went dman left winger right winger. You could make an argument for Chabot, connor, and boeser. but zboril was BPA on most peoples draft boards and the bruins already have krug as their offensive dman, zboril just hasnt hit his ceiling like people thought he might and chabot wasnt really a need as again already have the offensive dman, debrusk is the gritty goal scoring left winger they wanted. connor is better but im okay with debrusk being picked here. Hindsight is always 2020 but they needed a rw there not a center. no reason to take barzal when they already have krejci at 2c. What they should have done was traded out of this spot because i think they clearly wanted rw here but of the following players taken in the first THREE rounds where senyshyn went and after how many are really "hits": senyshyn, boeser, nick merkley, christian fischer, gabrielle gagne, daniel sprong, jeremy bracco, robin kovacs, keegan kolesar, jens looke, deven sideroff. I would take fischer and boeser over senyshyn the rest are either similar or worse.
Gofnut999 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
see what surprises me is that people keep taking barzal. It wasnt a need in 2015. Center wasnt a need they wanted to address. I keep thinking about it more and more and really the only "miss" was zboril. Look at what positions they drafted and where they are now. They went dman left winger right winger. You could make an argument for Chabot, connor, and boeser. but zboril was BPA on most peoples draft boards and the bruins already have krug as their offensive dman, zboril just hasnt hit his ceiling like people thought he might and chabot wasnt really a need as again already have the offensive dman, debrusk is the gritty goal scoring left winger they wanted. connor is better but im okay with debrusk being picked here. Hindsight is always 2020 but they needed a rw there not a center. no reason to take barzal when they already have krejci at 2c. What they should have done was traded out of this spot because i think they clearly wanted rw here but of the following players taken in the first THREE rounds where senyshyn went and after how many are really "hits": senyshyn, boeser, nick merkley, christian fischer, gabrielle gagne, daniel sprong, jeremy bracco, robin kovacs, keegan kolesar, jens looke, deven sideroff. I would take fischer and boeser over senyshyn the rest are either similar or worse.

I don’t think many B’s fans would trade Debrusk for Conner today.

Zboril over Cabot made sense on draft day. After a slow start he’s NHL ready and would be playing for 2/3 of the league right now.

It was that damn Seny pick. Was pissed then and still am. I wanted Barzal or Boesser. And you are correct, if they were not taking one of them they should have traded down.
Nov. 13, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.

Zboril over Cabot made sense on draft day. After a slow start he’s NHL ready and would be playing for 2/3 of the league right now.

It was that damn Seny pick. Was pissed then and still am. I wanted Barzal or Boesser. And you are correct, if they were not taking one of them they should have traded down.

I think they were just worried about the limited scouting on boeser because he only had one real "amateur year" where as senyshyn was easily relate-able in canada leagues. i honestly think that senyshyn was the "safe" pick for them to make in that spot. Barzal would have been the pick to make but they werent looking for a center that year. krecji just resigned his deal a couple years prior. at that point he would have had 6 years left. You arent drafting someone at 16 to play 3rd line center. until 2021... you also arent expecting these guys to be nhl ready before they turn 21. Hell in 2016 i was kinda pissed they drafted mcavoy. i liked bean as a prospect and i liked chychrun as a prospect. bean had just been selected so i thought the obvious selection would have been chychrun there. The real mess up was taking frederic over a guy like sam steel, jordan kyrou, and alex debrincat.
Nov. 13, 2019 at 9:03 a.m.
I think they were just worried about the limited scouting on boeser because he only had one real "amateur year" where as senyshyn was easily relate-able in canada leagues. i honestly think that senyshyn was the "safe" pick for them to make in that spot. Barzal would have been the pick to make but they werent looking for a center that year. krecji just resigned his deal a couple years prior. at that point he would have had 6 years left. You arent drafting someone at 16 to play 3rd line center. until 2021... you also arent expecting these guys to be nhl ready before they turn 21. Hell in 2016 i was kinda pissed they drafted mcavoy. i liked bean as a prospect and i liked chychrun as a prospect. bean had just been selected so i thought the obvious selection would have been chychrun there. The real mess up was taking frederic over a guy like sam steel, jordan kyrou, and alex debrincat.

Seny had a 3rd round grade by the scouting bureau. Wasn’t even in the top 30 North Americans. Frederic was the same. I wanted Steel, Debrincat, or Carter Hart there. Nothing wrong with drafting positional need. But when you bypass top end players for a reach it better work. It didn’t.
Nov. 13, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.
Seny had a 3rd round grade by the scouting bureau. Wasn’t even in the top 30 North Americans. Frederic was the same. I wanted Steel, Debrincat, or Carter Hart there. Nothing wrong with drafting positional need. But when you bypass top end players for a reach it better work. It didn’t.

frederic can still develop but yeah that was just a bad pick. harts overrated i dont think hes anything special. i thought seny was a 2nd round grade basically graded out where they picked jfk at?
Nov. 13, 2019 at 9:56 a.m.
frederic can still develop but yeah that was just a bad pick. harts overrated i dont think hes anything special. i thought seny was a 2nd round grade basically graded out where they picked jfk at?

Depends who you talked too. He was considered anywhere from mid 2nd to early 3rd.
hanson493 liked this.
Nov. 13, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
Banned

I did an ACGM about this a few weeks back pretty much saying your points exactly:
Debrusk was a good pick here and the bruins shouldn't have chosen anyone over him.
Zboril was a higher rated prospect than Chabot as well so that should have been the pick so they are good there.
Senyshyn was (as you said) a 3rd rounder prospect, and while I like how he is playing now, I was watching the draft saying "damn now that they took to solid prospects that fill their needs, its time to use the third pick on the best player left which is Barzal" (lol not an exact quote but you get the idea)... They didn't need a center, and Barzal had dropped in the rankings, but it just made the most sense to take him because he was still the clear best pick left.

So This is a bad ACGM is the point, redoing the draft would only change the 15th pick from Senyshyn to Barzal (maybe Boeser, but probably not)
Nov. 13, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
I did an ACGM about this a few weeks back pretty much saying your points exactly:
Debrusk was a good pick here and the bruins shouldn't have chosen anyone over him.
Zboril was a higher rated prospect than Chabot as well so that should have been the pick so they are good there.
Senyshyn was (as you said) a 3rd rounder prospect, and while I like how he is playing now, I was watching the draft saying "damn now that they took to solid prospects that fill their needs, its time to use the third pick on the best player left which is Barzal" (lol not an exact quote but you get the idea)... They didn't need a center, and Barzal had dropped in the rankings, but it just made the most sense to take him because he was still the clear best pick left.

So This is a bad ACGM is the point, redoing the draft would only change the 15th pick from Senyshyn to Barzal (maybe Boeser, but probably not)

But if the bruins take barzal with that pick they dont put him on a wing. hes not a goal scorer, hes a playmaking center. so he would have been at best a 3c. i doubt he plays over bergeron or krejci and krejcis contract had a full ntc for a while. Barzal wouldnt have hit his ceiling here.
Nov. 13, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
Banned
But if the bruins take barzal with that pick they dont put him on a wing. hes not a goal scorer, hes a playmaking center. so he would have been at best a 3c. i doubt he plays over bergeron or krejci and krejcis contract had a full ntc for a while. Barzal wouldnt have hit his ceiling here.

This is probably true! Either way this ACGM is just not right at all. Same could be said about like Chabot though if he were playing under Krug and Chara would he get to develop? So while Barzal is the only pick that would make sense to change, it probably wouldn't benefit any of them!
Nov. 13, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
This is probably true! Either way this ACGM is just not right at all. Same could be said about like Chabot though if he were playing under Krug and Chara would he get to develop? So while Barzal is the only pick that would make sense to change, it probably wouldn't benefit any of them!

which is why i said zboril wasnt the wrong pick. it was right for what the bruins roster was and projected to be.
Nov. 13, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
Banned
which is why i said zboril wasnt the wrong pick. it was right for what the bruins roster was and projected to be.

Nah im agreeing with you, im just pointing to the fact that what you said about Barzal would also apply to Chabot, no worries lol
hanson493 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll