Forums/Armchair-GM

Lines for Saturday

Created by: Isles777
Team: 2019-20 New York Islanders
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 13, 2019
Published: Nov. 13, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
brassard is much more comfortable playing wing. He killed it tonight - probably the best game he’s had in years. Komarov can’t play center and he was awful tonight, No surprise trotz benched him for most of the 2nd period.

Isles need to give koivula a shot. This team needs a competent 3rd line center.
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,794,999$0$1,202,500$6,705,001
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$786,666$786,666 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW, C
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 2
$3,350,000$3,350,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 14, 2019 at 2:23 a.m.
Poor Josh Bailey. That line gives him no one to pass to.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 2:30 a.m.
Isles7
Quoting: Hawkisles
Poor Josh Bailey. That line gives him no one to pass to.

Koivula has a great shot and some pretty raw skill. Ladd on the other hand...I really don’t want Ladd playing but between him and komarov I guess you choose the lesser of two evils lol
Nov. 14, 2019 at 8:28 a.m.
Came on here today to see what negativity you'd bring after last nights win and surprise, surprise, not disappointed... Third most points in the ENTIRE NHL behind only WSH and STL, 12-0-1 in our last 13 games, fewest goals against in the league by a good bit, offense is out producing last years pace and the team bounced back from a tough loss against PIT to start another winning streak... but sure, let's find reasons to complain, smh.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 10:12 a.m.
Isles7
Quoting: Hockeygoalie53
Came on here today to see what negativity you'd bring after last nights win and surprise, surprise, not disappointed... Third most points in the ENTIRE NHL behind only WSH and STL, 12-0-1 in our last 13 games, fewest goals against in the league by a good bit, offense is out producing last years pace and the team bounced back from a tough loss against PIT to start another winning streak... but sure, let's find reasons to complain, smh.[/quote

Well, I guess I’m flattered that you came on here just to see what I posted. Thanks! Maybe you should try to and stop conflating your fandom with your identity and then you wouldn’t take it personally when I criticize a facet of the game. Nothing in the description was negative , It just brought up legitimate points. I’m sorry Pointing out that brassard is effective on the wing and the isles need to experiment with a new center is too much for you.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 10:13 a.m.
Isles7
Came on here today to see what negativity you'd bring after last nights win and surprise, surprise, not disappointed... Third most points in the ENTIRE NHL behind only WSH and STL, 12-0-1 in our last 13 games, fewest goals against in the league by a good bit, offense is out producing last years pace and the team bounced back from a tough loss against PIT to start another winning streak... but sure, let's find reasons to complain, smh.

Well, I guess I’m flattered that you came on here just to see what I posted. Thanks! Maybe you should try to and stop conflating your fandom with your identity and then you wouldn’t take it personally when I criticize a facet of the game. Nothing in the description was negative , It just brought up legitimate points. I’m sorry Pointing out that brassard is effective on the wing and the isles need to experiment with a new center is too much for you.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: Isles777

Don't flatter yourself buddy. I'm on here every day, saw your posts and decided to check and see what you were criticizing this time. Everything you post is a criticism of the team or the way it's run. As I pointed out, the team is 3rd in the NHL in points, just went 12-0-1 in it's last 13 games and right now is firing on all cylinders, yet you find a way EVERY DAY to post something negative about the team.

We just won a game last night and had a 10 game win streak, yet you come on here and criticize how Komarov should be a bench player and how every move Trotz makes with the roster is the wrong one. Yet, he has the team playing the best hockey I've seen them play in YEARS (even without doing the things you say he should do).

Why are you even a fan? Honestly, I'm curious, if all you do is complain about the team... why even bother watching??

By the way, I'm a die hard Isles fan, yes, however that does not define my identity like you assume. I've been a fan of the team my entire life, I've complained and criticized the team when they were bad (the Snow years) but this isn't the Garth Snow run team anymore. The team is actually run by competent Hockey people now and is striving under that leadership, even though you don't agree with all their decisions or think you know better than a HOF GM and Coach... that's the issue I take. The team you root for is FINALLY successful and playing amazing hockey over the last 2 seasons, yet all you do is **** about Leo Komarov playing center, or how Trotz doesn't treat young players fairly, or how Wahlstrom should be playing Top 6 minutes (when he hasn't proved he should be)... it's old, tiring and doesn't add anything to discussions about the team.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:22 p.m.
Isles7
Don't flatter yourself buddy. I'm on here every day, saw your posts and decided to check and see what you were criticizing this time. Everything you post is a criticism of the team or the way it's run. As I pointed out, the team is 3rd in the NHL in points, just went 12-0-1 in it's last 13 games and right now is firing on all cylinders, yet you find a way EVERY DAY to post something negative about the team.

We just won a game last night and had a 10 game win streak, yet you come on here and criticize how Komarov should be a bench player and how every move Trotz makes with the roster is the wrong one. Yet, he has the team playing the best hockey I've seen them play in YEARS (even without doing the things you say he should do).

Why are you even a fan? Honestly, I'm curious, if all you do is complain about the team... why even bother watching??

By the way, I'm a die hard Isles fan, yes, however that does not define my identity like you assume. I've been a fan of the team my entire life, I've complained and criticized the team when they were bad (the Snow years) but this isn't the Garth Snow run team anymore. The team is actually run by competent Hockey people now and is striving under that leadership, even though you don't agree with all their decisions or think you know better than a HOF GM and Coach... that's the issue I take. The team you root for is FINALLY successful and playing amazing hockey over the last 2 seasons, yet all you do is **** about Leo Komarov playing center, or how Trotz doesn't treat young players fairly, or how Wahlstrom should be playing Top 6 minutes (when he hasn't proved he should be)... it's old, tiring and doesn't add anything to discussions about the team.

If you think bringing up fair points about the current team despite their win streak, I don’t know what to tell you. You nitpick things just to prove a point because it bothers you if one of my posts isn’t straight up praise. Classic confirmation bias. If I was being irrational, sure call me out but there is not one thing I said that is out of line. Trotz decided to bench leo komarov and Johnston last night, so obviously this team has a problem at the center position that can be solved internally. Sorry for bringing that up!
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:35 p.m.
If you think bringing up fair points about the current team despite their win streak, I don’t know what to tell you. You nitpick things just to prove a point because it bothers you if one of my posts isn’t straight up praise. Classic confirmation bias. If I was being irrational, sure call me out but there is not one thing I said that is out of line. Trotz decided to bench leo komarov and Johnston last night, so obviously this team has a problem at the center position that can be solved internally. Sorry for bringing that up!

My issue isn't with what you say, it's the fact you harp on the same crap over and over to the point it's tiresome. Yes, we all think Komarov isn't a center. Yes, we'd all love to see Dobson and Wahlstrom playing everyday. Yes, we all know Brassard has been better on the wing this year and the Isles need a 3C. But we all don't post the same sh*t every day about it. I have no problem with criticism of the team, in fact, you and I use to have legit back and forths about things we agreed/disagreed with... but now impossible to converse with you because you just harp on the same negative things ALL THE TIME, despite the fact the team is successful.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:44 p.m.
Isles7
My issue isn't with what you say, it's the fact you harp on the same crap over and over to the point it's tiresome. Yes, we all think Komarov isn't a center. Yes, we'd all love to see Dobson and Wahlstrom playing everyday. Yes, we all know Brassard has been better on the wing this year and the Isles need a 3C. But we all don't post the same sh*t every day about it. I have no problem with criticism of the team, in fact, you and I use to have legit back and forths about things we agreed/disagreed with... but now impossible to converse with you because you just harp on the same negative things ALL THE TIME, despite the fact the team is successful.

I bring up things in the present. If I notice something in a game, I will post about it. If you don’t like that, I don’t know what to tell you.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 1:38 p.m.
I bring up things in the present. If I notice something in a game, I will post about it. If you don’t like that, I don’t know what to tell you.

And I'll keep doing what I'm doing. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you either. But to be honest with you, other than attention whoring, there is no reason to keep criticizing and complaining about the things you are EVERY day.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 2:59 p.m.
Isles7
And I'll keep doing what I'm doing. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you either. But to be honest with you, other than attention whoring, there is no reason to keep criticizing and complaining about the things you are EVERY day.

Thank you for your service

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll