$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Insta Kempe_is_saad`
fire Dubas for signing players to rediculious deals
Copenhagen and Hawksince71 liked this.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
take away Matthews' invisible spray
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: Daddy_Crosby
fire Dubas for signing players to rediculious deals

100% right
Daddy_Crosby liked this.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:40 p.m.
CHI NYI
I don’t watch a ton of Leafs games, so Im not a good judge of whether or not Babcock is the problem, but from what I know about his management of TOI and the back-to-backs, it’s clear something in his philosophy is off. It doesn’t help that they don’t have a capable backup and that the already shaky defense has been even more shaky this season, but Babs doesn’t seem to be getting the most out of his players; not from a motivation standpoint, but just a role type thing.
JTrades, TheDuminator and Leafs09 liked this.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:51 p.m.
HabsFan
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
I don’t watch a ton of Leafs games, so Im not a good judge of whether or not Babcock is the problem, but from what I know about his management of TOI and the back-to-backs, it’s clear something in his philosophy is off. It doesn’t help that they don’t have a capable backup and that the already shaky defense has been even more shaky this season, but Babs doesn’t seem to be getting the most out of his players; not from a motivation standpoint, but just a role type thing.

I agree but too many same style offensive player... losing Kadri hurts big time (never thought I would say this!!)
Nylander- Kappy- Johnson are all similare player with no grit... and Marner- Tavy & Matthews should only be your skill set... all others would need to help making room on the ice.
so yes, bad skill set TOP 6 in Toronto
Nov. 14, 2019 at 12:56 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Copenhagen
100% right

Wait are you criticizing a team because they are "Top Heavy"? Just looking at Edmonton's depth.....weird because they have a top heavy roster as well, the only difference is TO actually has more than 1 line. Perhaps throwing stones in a glass house is a bad idea. Although you are also the guy who said that Larsson is a better shutdown defender than Drew Doughty. Sooooo, obviously your opinions are super realistic.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 1:05 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Wait are you criticizing a team because they are "Top Heavy"? Just looking at Edmonton's depth.....weird because they have a top heavy roster as well, the only difference is TO actually has more than 1 line. Perhaps throwing stones in a glass house is a bad idea. Although you are also the guy who said that Larsson is a better shutdown defender than Drew Doughty. Sooooo, obviously your opinions are super realistic.

I think that they are just overpaid, they got exactly what they wanted and Dubas did a poor job negotiating. Just think if those guys took a million less each (the top 4) you could have got a really good D and probably won the cup already! Doughty blows and is worn out!
Nov. 14, 2019 at 1:34 p.m.
Banned
I think that they are just overpaid, they got exactly what they wanted and Dubas did a poor job negotiating. Just think if those guys took a million less each (the top 4) you could have got a really good D and probably won the cup already! Doughty blows and is worn out!

This is hilarious.

Nylander wanted 8.5 million and got 6.9. Lets translate that to non Leaf fan talk and what does it mean. Dubas sucks he gave Nylander exactly what he wanted! Hmm.....just looking at that first part seems like Nylander lost out about 1.5 million, seems like he didn't get exactly what he wanted. Matthews did, and that is fine, obviously a guy in the top 10 in scoring isn't a problem.

I will agree that the Marner deal isn't the best though. That one I'll agree Dubas lost handily. There is no way Marner is worth 5 million more than Nylander.

On a side note, I may be the only Leaf fan in the world that thinks if one of the top guys needs to be moved to balance the roster (I honestly don't think that's the solution to any of the problems they have, but that is a different story) I'd trade Marner without question. I don't think his contract will ever be a problem because I think he's going to score over a point a game for the next 6 years but as I mentioned he's not worth 5 million dollars more than Nylander. Marner shouldn't be making more than 9 in my opinion.

So Matthews and Marner's contracts start this season, so when would they have won the cup? Lets say that took a million less each and the Leafs had an addition 4 million. Who would have been brought in to give the team this amazing defence (which they already have apart from Ceci, Who isn't brutal but clearly isn't a top PK and 5V5 guy that Babs is trying to make him be)? That is the funniest part of people that chirp Dubas. They say, if he gave each player a million less, then he could have fixed the defence. How? Who could they have got? If they had 4 million now, who could they trade for? How much would that trade cost?

Its so easy for idiots on here to say stuff and never have to follow it up with anything. 1000% you have put no other thought behind saying TO's contracts are the problem. Like literally not one thought. If you did, you'd realize that even with 4 million in cap space, there really isn't many options that would have any big impact that would be affordable. Would sending a 2nd and Bracco or something for Martinez really help this team? Probably not, because Martinez isn't a top pair defenceman so even if he did move Ceci down the lineup, he's still not a top pair defenceman. So what could they do? I am sure I won't get a response with any details or ideas. Probably something like, this was too long so I didn't read it. Which is why I say its easy for idiots to say something without ever thinking beyond their statement.
JTrades liked this.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 1:40 p.m.
This is hilarious.

Nylander wanted 8.5 million and got 6.9. Lets translate that to non Leaf fan talk and what does it mean. Dubas sucks he gave Nylander exactly what he wanted! Hmm.....just looking at that first part seems like Nylander lost out about 1.5 million, seems like he didn't get exactly what he wanted. Matthews did, and that is fine, obviously a guy in the top 10 in scoring isn't a problem.

I will agree that the Marner deal isn't the best though. That one I'll agree Dubas lost handily. There is no way Marner is worth 5 million more than Nylander.

On a side note, I may be the only Leaf fan in the world that thinks if one of the top guys needs to be moved to balance the roster (I honestly don't think that's the solution to any of the problems they have, but that is a different story) I'd trade Marner without question. I don't think his contract will ever be a problem because I think he's going to score over a point a game for the next 6 years but as I mentioned he's not worth 5 million dollars more than Nylander. Marner shouldn't be making more than 9 in my opinion.

So Matthews and Marner's contracts start this season, so when would they have won the cup? Lets say that took a million less each and the Leafs had an addition 4 million. Who would have been brought in to give the team this amazing defence (which they already have apart from Ceci, Who isn't brutal but clearly isn't a top PK and 5V5 guy that Babs is trying to make him be)? That is the funniest part of people that chirp Dubas. They say, if he gave each player a million less, then he could have fixed the defence. How? Who could they have got? If they had 4 million now, who could they trade for? How much would that trade cost?

Its so easy for idiots on here to say stuff and never have to follow it up with anything. 1000% you have put no other thought behind saying TO's contracts are the problem. Like literally not one thought. If you did, you'd realize that even with 4 million in cap space, there really isn't many options that would have any big impact that would be affordable. Would sending a 2nd and Bracco or something for Martinez really help this team? Probably not, because Martinez isn't a top pair defenceman so even if he did move Ceci down the lineup, he's still not a top pair defenceman. So what could they do? I am sure I won't get a response with any details or ideas. Probably something like, this was too long so I didn't read it. Which is why I say its easy for idiots to say something without ever thinking beyond their statement.

This year in my mind isn't on Dubas. In 2-3 years we will know what kind of GM he is and how these contracts look
Nov. 14, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
This is hilarious.

Well I think Tavares was overpaid when he signed, 80 point player and 30 goal scorer got 11 million at the age of 27, Sports experts say the peak of a player is 28 no matter what, it is when even when not working out you are the strongest at your life. Now you have how many more years with him that will continue to hurt eventually. Draisaitl they said was overpaid at 8.5 million, so how does that work by Marner and Mathews. Players (Nylander) always ask for the moon and go from there, you know that obviously. Nylander makes 7 million and Draisaitl makes 8.5, that is 1.5 million difference and like almost 50 points difference. I guess it is up to you on who is overpaid on your team and where the money goes, You have your opinion and I have mine. If you are ok with all your contracts, that is fine!
Nov. 14, 2019 at 1:52 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JTrades
This year in my mind isn't on Dubas. In 2-3 years we will know what kind of GM he is and how these contracts look

In 2-3 years there will be a lot of people praising Dubas. The projection is the cap is going to rise a lot when Seattle enters and the new TV deal is signed. Those things are going to happen at the same time that most of last summers RFA's are coming off their bridge deals. What is Point going to get on his next contract in 3 years if the cap goes up big time? What is Laine going to get if he goes on a goal scoring tear? Tkachuk?

What if Matthew Tkachuk gets an 8 year deal after leading Calgary in points a couple of times? 12million? 14? These guys who aren't as good as Matthews or Marner (some are better than Marner) are going to get massive deals. Then Dubas is going to look like a genius.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 2:01 p.m.
Banned
Well I think Tavares was overpaid when he signed, 80 point player and 30 goal scorer got 11 million at the age of 27, Sports experts say the peak of a player is 28 no matter what, it is when even when not working out you are the strongest at your life. Now you have how many more years with him that will continue to hurt eventually. Draisaitl they said was overpaid at 8.5 million, so how does that work by Marner and Mathews. Players (Nylander) always ask for the moon and go from there, you know that obviously. Nylander makes 7 million and Draisaitl makes 8.5, that is 1.5 million difference and like almost 50 points difference. I guess it is up to you on who is overpaid on your team and where the money goes, You have your opinion and I have mine. If you are ok with all your contracts, that is fine!

Again an easy but pointless argument. You can't really compare contracts from 4 seasons ago or whatever to ones from this past summer. The market has changed, it started with McDavid and Draisaitl and now many other guys are following suit. Like Crosby's contract compared to McDavid. So much time between contracts and the market changes, the cap rises and the stars get more money. So to compare Draisaitl to Matthews or Nylander from a contractual standpoint isn't fair. Really, Matthews being only 22, he has a long time before you can say he's probably peaked and when that happens, I'd bet there will be guys making more than him that are not as good as him. Just like McDavid is going to be seeing very soon. Like if Barzal scores a lot this year and finishes with more than a point a game, how much is he going to get on an 8 year deal? I'd bet he could demand more than McDavid. Whats Petterson going to get in Vancouver if he lights it up this year and next? Is it fair to compare them to contracts from the past? I don't think it is. Its probably better to compare it to the cap hit percentage.

Anyways, I have been vocal that the stars getting big money isn't really a problem. (Marner should be like 3 million less but other than they are fine) Having bad contracts like Lucic and Neal are problems. Or Russel, or Sekera or Gagner. Some teams have several bad contracts while some don't really have any. What is a problem contract in TO? Ceci? Maybe, although he's not nearly as bad as people said he is, he just isn't near as good as his coach thinks he is. Marner may be the worst contract on the team and can you really call a guy who will score around 90 points a year a bad contract? This is why I don't have an issue with Dubas, Babs on the other hand, is wearing thin.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 2:39 p.m.
Again an easy but pointless argument. You can't really compare contracts from 4 seasons ago or whatever to ones from this past summer. The market has changed, it started with McDavid and Draisaitl and now many other guys are following suit. Like Crosby's contract compared to McDavid. So much time between contracts and the market changes, the cap rises and the stars get more money. So to compare Draisaitl to Matthews or Nylander from a contractual standpoint isn't fair. Really, Matthews being only 22, he has a long time before you can say he's probably peaked and when that happens, I'd bet there will be guys making more than him that are not as good as him. Just like McDavid is going to be seeing very soon. Like if Barzal scores a lot this year and finishes with more than a point a game, how much is he going to get on an 8 year deal? I'd bet he could demand more than McDavid. Whats Petterson going to get in Vancouver if he lights it up this year and next? Is it fair to compare them to contracts from the past? I don't think it is. Its probably better to compare it to the cap hit percentage.

Anyways, I have been vocal that the stars getting big money isn't really a problem. (Marner should be like 3 million less but other than they are fine) Having bad contracts like Lucic and Neal are problems. Or Russel, or Sekera or Gagner. Some teams have several bad contracts while some don't really have any. What is a problem contract in TO? Ceci? Maybe, although he's not nearly as bad as people said he is, he just isn't near as good as his coach thinks he is. Marner may be the worst contract on the team and can you really call a guy who will score around 90 points a year a bad contract? This is why I don't have an issue with Dubas, Babs on the other hand, is wearing thin.

Sorry, who's contract was 4 years ago?
Nov. 14, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
Banned
Sorry, who's contract was 4 years ago?

When did Draisaitl sign? May be only 3 years ago. Either way its been a while. The cap did go up a lot since when he signed. That Vegas money blew up the market a bit.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
When did Draisaitl sign? May be only 3 years ago. Either way its been a while. The cap did go up a lot since when he signed. That Vegas money blew up the market a bit.

I thought it was 2 years ago, I could be wrong as well though and McDavid last year I think
Nov. 14, 2019 at 3:10 p.m.
Banned
I thought it was 2 years ago, I could be wrong as well though and McDavid last year I think

It may have kicked in last season and the season before but they signed them I think 3 summers ago.
Copenhagen liked this.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
It may have kicked in last season and the season before but they signed them I think 3 summers ago.

August 16, 2017 According to NHL.com
Nov. 14, 2019 at 3:42 p.m.
Banned
August 16, 2017 According to NHL.com

So 3 summers ago. Yeah 2 years made a pretty big difference in the market. Its going to be really interesting to see what happens in the next 2-3 years. I think top level star contracts are going to get nuts. Mainly with the young guys leaving ELC's. There is a tonne of evidence to suggest locking them up long term is the way to go but I am think we will see a lot of 5-6 year deals in the coming years more so than the 2 or 3 year deals. I think a few of those ones are going to blow up in teams faces. Like Meier for example, lets say he doesn't build off his 30 goal season and regresses and turns out to be more of a 50 point player. If San Jose lowballs him on his next deal he can just take the QO of 10 million dollars and laugh his way to FA. Its a double edge sword and most people don't seem to get that.

These bridge deals that come with a high final year means these guys are set whether or not they get better. Lets use Tkachuk as an example. What would his contract look like if he just doesn't pan out. Let's say he gets a concussion or knee injury and isn't quite the same. Still good but not at all elite. After his 3 year deal is done, he's going be able to just wait for a QO of 9 million dollars. Calgary has to at least give him that or they can not offer him one and he becomes a FA. If he keeps getting better, what is his next contract going to be after a cap hike from Seattle and the TV deal? 14 million on a long term deal? Is he worth 1.5 more a year than McDavid? Of course not but he's going to be able to command a huge raise or even a huge QO so essentially the team is going to pay major dollars to him no matter what.
Nov. 14, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
So 3 summers ago. Yeah 2 years made a pretty big difference in the market. Its going to be really interesting to see what happens in the next 2-3 years. I think top level star contracts are going to get nuts. Mainly with the young guys leaving ELC's. There is a tonne of evidence to suggest locking them up long term is the way to go but I am think we will see a lot of 5-6 year deals in the coming years more so than the 2 or 3 year deals. I think a few of those ones are going to blow up in teams faces. Like Meier for example, lets say he doesn't build off his 30 goal season and regresses and turns out to be more of a 50 point player. If San Jose lowballs him on his next deal he can just take the QO of 10 million dollars and laugh his way to FA. Its a double edge sword and most people don't seem to get that.

These bridge deals that come with a high final year means these guys are set whether or not they get better. Lets use Tkachuk as an example. What would his contract look like if he just doesn't pan out. Let's say he gets a concussion or knee injury and isn't quite the same. Still good but not at all elite. After his 3 year deal is done, he's going be able to just wait for a QO of 9 million dollars. Calgary has to at least give him that or they can not offer him one and he becomes a FA. If he keeps getting better, what is his next contract going to be after a cap hike from Seattle and the TV deal? 14 million on a long term deal? Is he worth 1.5 more a year than McDavid? Of course not but he's going to be able to command a huge raise or even a huge QO so essentially the team is going to pay major dollars to him no matter what.

Totally agree, we will see more 5 year deals, especially with how the NHL deals with the cap, it was supposed to go up and than didnt. Owners will be sketchy on those really long deals. draft picks will be worth a lot more and after the 3 plus 5 years players will get traded away no matter how good they are!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll