SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Fire Babock

Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 15, 2019
Published: Nov. 15, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Penguins: struggling mid season, fires their coach and replaces him with AHL coach, wins back to back cups
Blues: last place, fires head coach, goes on to win the cup
Bruins: fires coach after back to back playoff misses, turns team into top 5 in the league
What are you waiting for Dubas? Fire Babcock now
Trades
TOR
    Cam Neely's water bottle
    BOS
      Mike Babcock
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the CBJ
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the CAR
      Logo of the COL
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the WPG
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the TOR
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      27$81,500,000$94,814,643$0$202,500-$13,314,643
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 4
      $11,634,000$11,634,000
      C
      UFA - 5
      $10,893,000$10,893,000
      RW
      UFA - 6
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $11,000,000$11,000,000
      C, LW
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $6,962,366$6,962,366
      RW
      UFA - 5
      $925,000$925,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      LW, C, RW
      UFA - 4
      $5,300,000$5,300,000
      RW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      $775,000$775,000
      C, LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $750,000$750,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      RW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      $767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $700,000$700,000
      C, RW
      NTC
      UFA - 1
      $3,200,000$3,200,000
      RW
      UFA - 3
      $694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
      LW
      UFA - 1
      $675,000$675,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $775,000$775,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $675,000$675,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $675,000$675,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $700,000$700,000
      LD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:20 p.m.
      torontos finest
      Quoting: TopLineTom43
      That or just don’t overpay all your superstar players. If you paid them appropriately....like Boston. You could have a deeper team instead you had to dump brown and Zait for Ceci. You have great young talent but they are gojng to have to play great to help compensate for the massive contracts. Honestly Cap mismanagement might have shut the window before it opened

pastrnak and marchand would not be on those contracts if they had the years that matthews and marner did before signing.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:32 p.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: mondo
      pastrnak and marchand would not be on those contracts if they had the years that matthews and marner did before signing.

That’s your opinion. Harsh reality is that they aren’t greedy and they want to win.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:33 p.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: blowing_the_zone
      Ah man, there's a ton of options. But I doubt we see much experimentation.. cause "reasons" .. and steady on the rudder

If Kerfoot wasn't hurt, I'd also like to see Matthews, Tavares and Nylander together for stretches against the perfection line. I just don't know that running Spezza, Gauthier and Shore down center ice would be able to get the job done.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:34 p.m.
      Banned
      That’s your opinion. Harsh reality is that they aren’t greedy and they want to win.

Now that is entirely opinion. Harsh reality they all want to win. You don't get to the NHL if you don't want to win.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:36 p.m.
      Banned
      I don’t disagree that most ufa signing from ages 28 and up are all normally terrible but at that point I would be more willing to pay you for what you did than to pay you for what I think you’ll do. Like Kane and Toews. Them signing for cheap allowed them to win a cup. The deals aren’t good now but who cares they won 3 cup. I don’t think either of our opinions are wrong I just prefer to pay you after you have done good.

No I disagree. Chicago win because Kane and Toews carried the team and they had the right support players. They could have won even if you swapped out a lot of pieces. They just had such a solid core. They made a tonne of mistakes of overpaying depth that ultimately cost them a lot of issues over the years.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
      Quoting: LoganOllivier
      If Kerfoot wasn't hurt, I'd also like to see Matthews, Tavares and Nylander together for stretches against the perfection line. I just don't know that running Spezza, Gauthier and Shore down center ice would be able to get the job done.

Yeah, that's some pretty suspect centre depth. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't load up a line a various points in a game, especially when we're chasing the game late. I really don't get why he doesn't get more creative with how he roles the door. It's almost like he finds it too complex to manage, so he doesn't do it. His bench management skills have been critiqued lots, and given the amount of too many men penalties we get, its maybe why he doesn't experiment much. I don't know. I'm reaching here..
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 6:58 p.m.
      Banned
      Now that is entirely opinion. Harsh reality they all want to win. You don't get to the NHL if you don't want to win.

I can tell they really care about winning. They just clearly want to be rich more. No need to become triggered
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 7:07 p.m.
      torontos finest

harsh reality is that they wouldn't be on those contracts if they were above ppg players before they signed.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 7:13 p.m.
      Banned
      Edited Nov. 15, 2019 at 7:19 p.m.
      harsh reality is that they wouldn't be on those contracts if they were above ppg players before they signed.

Both Matthews and Marner weren’t career ppg players before signing their deals? Ppg gets you 11m now? I honestly don’t want to argue how dumb this is. So I’ll just say agree to disagree.

Or

Boston guys? I don’t believe they had a hold out or any drama. Boston players want to win and understand you can’t win with players making 11 million. Especially 3 making 11 million. That’s just stupid and it takes away from other teammates. Also prevents you from signing better players.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 7:39 p.m.
      torontos finest
      Both Matthews and Marner weren’t career ppg players before signing their deals? Ppg gets you 11m now? I honestly don’t want to argue how dumb this is. So I’ll just say agree to disagree.

Or

Boston guys? I don’t believe they had a hold out or any drama. Boston players want to win and understand you can’t win with players making 11 million. Especially 3 making 11 million. That’s just stupid and it takes away from other teammates. Also prevents you from signing better players.

matthews and marner contracts were signed with the intention of them remaining ppg players.

both boston guys signed in september right before training camp, which is what marner did.

also, i don't quite understand why you're incredibly anal about toronto giving their top guys too much money. people always criticize leafs fans for being too harsh on the players, yet here you are repremending toronto fans for not trying to chase their top scoring players out of the city because the coach has lost the room.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 7:54 p.m.
      Banned
      matthews and marner contracts were signed with the intention of them remaining ppg players.

both boston guys signed in september right before training camp, which is what marner did.

also, i don't quite understand why you're incredibly anal about toronto giving their top guys too much money. people always criticize leafs fans for being too harsh on the players, yet here you are repremending toronto fans for not trying to chase their top scoring players out of the city because the coach has lost the room.

I’m not anal about it. I’m simply saying that they are overpaid. It’s true they are overpaid. You are allowed to say it. Doesn’t mean they are bad or it’s not insulting. They make too much money. Nobody was chasing them out of town. That’s a very dramatic take on this. They are RFA the gm has all the leverage. They weren’t going to sit out. They could have signed them to a 2-3 year bridge deal for a reasonable money they gave out this deal after the new TV deal was done. Boston signed those guys assuming they peaked and wouldn’t improve? Honestly leafs signed them and both players probably won’t ever do better than Marner did last season. Again that my opinion. Again I’m not wasting anymore time on this but the coach lost the locker room or do the player refuse to play his system that has won a cup and hold medals? Honestly idfc I’m not a fan but I would be upset as a leafs fan that we sunk 30+ million on 3 guys knowing that they got every cent they could and didn’t give the team a dollar for anyone else. Marner and Matthews are great but their greed will end up costing this team when they need to sign complementary talent. Also Anderson and Reilly
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
      Banned
      I can tell they really care about winning. They just clearly want to be rich more. No need to become triggered

Not triggered just stating facts. Agents tell their players to ask for certain prices. They let them handle that and they go out and play. Saying they want to be rich more than winning is entirely your own opinion. You do not know these players and seeing how they played in the playoffs they want to win as bad as anyone else. That is a visible fact, wanting to win and knowing how to win may be different.
      Nov. 15, 2019 at 8:51 p.m.
      Banned
      Not triggered just stating facts. Agents tell their players to ask for certain prices. They let them handle that and they go out and play. Saying they want to be rich more than winning is entirely your own opinion. You do not know these players and seeing how they played in the playoffs they want to win as bad as anyone else. That is a visible fact, wanting to win and knowing how to win may be different.

Fair enough

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll