SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Fall Mock

Fall Mock

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: bruinsdude77
Published: Nov. 17, 2019 at 12:51 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Everyone and their grandma says its Lafreniere. Who am I to argue? I'm always skeptical about taking a winger over a center with the top pick, but Lafreniere is a special talent
2Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-To me, Lucas Raymond is the second-best player in this draft class. But like I just said center takes precedent over wing and the odds of each of the top two teams in the draft not feeling like they need a cornerstone center are slim. Byfield is also growing on me
3Logo of the Boston Bruins-This is a really excellent value at No. 3. Raymond is fantastic and one of a trio of Swedish forwards I love in this top ten
4Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Holtz is the second of that group. Perhaps more one dimensional than the previous three, Holtz is still unbelievably talented. Pair him with the right elite play-maker and he could be the best player in this class
5Logo of the Calgary Flames-I'm of the opinion that there's a sizeable drop-off in ability after those top four. If you're a team drafting in the top five and you've missed out on the consensus top players, it's often best to play it safe. Lundell looks like the most complete forward in the draft, although he lacks some upside
6Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-This strays from "rankings" to "mock" a bit, as I don't know if Drysdale is worthy of the No. 6 spot if not for the fact that he is the only defenseman I can conceivably see going in the top ten, so I believe there will be pressure to draft him even earlier. Drysdale is a supremely gifted offensive player, but his size is a concern. I see a lot of Torey Krug in him and, even as a Bruins fan, I don't love having him ranked this high. I don't see him as a No. 1
7Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Some love Perfetti. I'm not one of them. I think he'll be a fine top-nine forward in the NHL, but he league has shown a continued skepticism for small players who don't play with a lot of strength or speed and that describes Perfetti
8Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-I like Gunler more than Perfetti. The only reason he's ranked below him is that he's one of the older players in the draft and his potential for growth is not as high. I would expect Gunler to be a better player that Perfetti, but his ceiling is slightly lower
9Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I love players with a year of NCAA hockey under their belts in the draft. However, I wanted Holloway to get off to a hotter start with Wisconsin. If he was tearing it up alike he did in Junior-A, he would be my No. 6, but he has yet to prove himself against older competition
10Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Hendrix Lapierre
Smart, hard-working, and unselfish. Lapierre is growing on me and I think he is a player that teams will be split on. A top ten spot seems fitting though
11Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-German-born and raised prospects have been embraced by NHL teams more than ever in recent years. Stutzle is finding success in the DEL and a strong World Junior performance as the centerpiece of Germany's team will go a long way to asserting him as a top-ten prospect
12Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-A similar player to Perfetti, only a center and slightly less skilled, it stands to reason that once Perfetti is off the board, the next team in need of a talented forward who isn't wary of slight stature will jump at Rossi
13Logo of the Florida Panthers-
Yaroslav Askarov
Spencer Knight went at No. 13 last year and it seems like a fitting spot for Askarov, who I believe is slightly more talented but also has an immense amount of elite forward talent in front of him
14Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Barron is as solid as they come, if not too polished. There may not be room to improve upon just average offensive skills, but his defensive game is very good
15Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
Rodion Amirov
Haven't really seen much of him, but his skating ability is well-documented and he's put up good numbers on the international stage
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Mysak is known for high-end play-making and vision and could be the top Czech prospect in some time
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Big defenseman with a good shot, Guhle is going to be a shutdown defender who contributes offensively more than your typical stay-at-homer
18Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Raw Russian talent with great speed, Ponomaryov is a project player but a great value for a good team that doesn't necessarily need an immediate contributor
19Logo of the New York Islanders-The first American at 19? The massive drop-off from last year's USNTDP to this year's may hurt the value of all of the individuals, but Smilanic is the best of the bunch and a natural scorer. I do think his future plans - college commitment or move to the CHL - will impact his value
20Logo of the New York Rangers-While Smilanic may be the top prospect for the USNTDP, Bordeleau is going to lead the team in scoring. A gifted play-maker bound for Michigan, Bordeleau is a mature player whose only going to get more polished. A personal favorite of mine in this class, especially for a team with a need down the middle
21Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
22Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
23Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
24Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharks
25Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
26Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
27Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
28Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the Washington Capitals-
31Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Nov. 18, 2019 at 5:25 a.m.