Forums/Armchair-GM

Hall trade realistic

Created by: bsilk18
Initial Creation Date: Nov 18, 2019
Published: Nov 18 at 11:16 am
Team: 2019-20 Boston Bruins
Team Explanation
I have seen too many of these and everyone wants to try to rob the bruins.
The important thing to understand is that he is a RENTAL, the devils are likely going to lose him after the season unless something really changes so his value is lower (in terms of a trade).
In saying that: If Hall resigns, his value goes up which is what conditional pieces are for.
So here it it:

Three Prospects, Two 2nd rounders, and a top6 to top4 guy are MORE THAN sufficient for a rental, but are the ABSOLUTE most the bruins would give up for that. And if he resigns, the 2nd becoming a 1st and the 3rd added make it more than reasonable for a real trade.
Again, this is purely based on logical and value, so if you want to discuss, please be fair and logical.

***Note, to make this visually easier, I have removed most injuries just to show the team itself as injuries will just be too confusing for some***
Trades
BOS
  1. Hall, Taylor ($3,000,000 retained)
  2. 2022 7th round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Bjork, Anders
  2. Frederic, Trent
  3. Moore, John
  4. Forsbacka Karlsson, Jakob [Reserve List]
  5. 2022 7th round pick (BOS)
  6. 2021 2nd round pick (BOS)
  7. 2020 2nd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
*2021 2nd becomes a 1st if Hall resigns
*2022 7th becomes a 3rd if Hall resigns
BOS
  1. 2020 4th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Nordström, Joakim
Additional Details:
Any Team that wants a cheap depth guy
BOS
  1. 2022 7th round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Khokhlachev, Alexander [Reserve List]
Additional Details:
TO KHL (This guy isn't coming back to the NHL, just wanna make that clear lol)
Buyouts
  • Dennis Seidenberg: $1,166,667
Retained Salary Transactions
  • Matt Beleskey: $1,900,000 (50%)
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
BOS
BOS
ARI
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
BOS
NJD
ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES BONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$79,346,666$0$2,220,000$2,153,334
Left WingCenterRight Wing
BOS
Marchand, Brad
$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
BOS
Bergeron, Patrice
$6,875,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
BOS
Pastrnak, David
$6,666,666
RW
UFA - 4
NJD
Hall, Taylor
$3,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
BOS
Krejci, David
$7,250,000
C
NTC
UFA - 2
BOS
DeBrusk, Jake
$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
BOS
Heinen, Danton
$2,800,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
BOS
Coyle, Charlie
$3,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
BOS
Kuhlman, Karson
$750,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
BOS
Lindholm, Pär
$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
BOS
Kuraly, Sean
$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
BOS
Wagner, Chris
$1,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
BOS
Krug, Torey
$5,250,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
BOS
McAvoy, Charlie
$4,900,000
RD
RFA - 3
BOS
Rask, Tuukka
$7,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 2
BOS
Chara, Zdeno
$2,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
BOS
Carlo, Brandon
$2,850,000
RD
RFA - 2
BOS
Halák, Jaroslav
$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
BOS
Grzelcyk, Matt
$1,400,000
LD
RFA - 1
BOS
Clifton, Connor
$725,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
BOS
Ritchie, Brett
$1,000,000
RW
RFA - 1
BOS
Backes, David
$6,000,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 2
BOS
Miller, Kevan
$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
BOS
Kampfer, Steven
$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
BOS
Blidh, Anton
$700,000
LW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov 18 at 11:20
Hall is not the answer or the need.

Plus someone will give them more than a collection of mid level prospects
Nov 18 at 11:22
Silkysmooth
Quoting: Gofnut999
Hall is not the answer or the need.

Well thats where you are wrong, they need another top 6 sniper because the first line is the only one constantly producing. Do I think Hall is the player? Maybe not, but this was just to correct everyone who doesn't understand his value.
Nov 18 at 11:25
Quoting: bsilk18
Well thats where you are wrong, they need another top 6 sniper because the first line is the only one constantly producing. Do I think Hall is the player? Maybe not, but this was just to correct everyone who doesn't understand his value.

Need a RW. Period. Debrusk was terrible and lost on RW last year.

Either get a RW or don’t bother. Studnicka has been on fire the last 2 weeks in Prov. Give him 3C and move Coyle to RW2.
Nov 18 at 11:27
Silkysmooth
Need a RW. Period. Debrusk was terrible and lost on RW last year.

Either get a RW or don’t bother. Studnicka has been on fire the last 2 weeks in Prov. Give him 3C and move Coyle to RW2.

They will not call up Stud yet, or at least it seems likely, they would have done it at the beginning. Also there are plenty of players that can play 3rd line center, but the problem is that they don't wanna play Coyle at 2nd line RW or they woulda done it already, you don't think they thought of that?
Nov 18 at 11:30
They will not call up Stud yet, or at least it seems likely, they would have done it at the beginning. Also there are plenty of players that can play 3rd line center, but the problem is that they don't wanna play Coyle at 2nd line RW or they woulda done it already, you don't think they thought of that?

Studnicka was not ready. Still isn’t really. Couple more months...maybe.

They did not want to move Coyle to RW2 because they did not have a C3. If they did...no problem.

So either get the RW or C. Upgrading LW does nothing. Makes as much sense as adding another goalie.
Propeller09 liked this.
Nov 18 at 11:33
Silkysmooth
Studnicka was not ready. Still isn’t really. Couple more months...maybe.

They did not want to move Coyle to RW2 because they did not have a C3. If they did...no problem.

So either get the RW or C. Upgrading LW does nothing. Makes as much sense as adding another goalie.

Well thats also wrong lol. Thats the thing about wingers, for the most part they are interchangeable. So fine, maybe Debrusk won't play LW and isn't great on his offwing, so Hall can try.
The point is: I have thought about everything you have said and will say, and this post accounts for it.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Idk if I even would make the trade, I was literally just showing people the proper value.
Nov 18 at 11:36
Well thats also wrong lol. Thats the thing about wingers, for the most part they are interchangeable. So fine, maybe Debrusk won't play LW and isn't great on his offwing, so Hall can try.
The point is: I have thought about everything you have said and will say, and this post accounts for it.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Idk if I even would make the trade, I was literally just showing people the proper value.

Wrong. Some wingers are better are on their off wing some are terrible. Debrusk was not good there. Hall has never played there. Who knows. Why risk it. Get the need.
Propeller09 liked this.
Nov 18 at 11:39
Silkysmooth
Wrong. Some wingers are better are on their off wing some are terrible. Debrusk was not good there. Hall has never played there. Who knows. Why risk it. Get the need.

Ok Im done with you here lol. Just read what I have written and understand that I AM JUST TRYING TO SHOW THE VALUE. God you sound like an idiot and I know you are usually pretty spot on on this website.
Nov 18 at 12:17
Ok Im done with you here lol. Just read what I have written and understand that I AM JUST TRYING TO SHOW THE VALUE. God you sound like an idiot and I know you are usually pretty spot on on this website.

I know that’s what you were trying to do. The question is why. They should not be looking at him at all. Just another square peg in a round hole fix that they have tried for the last couple of years with zero results. Fix the problem area not the strength.

I’d much rather have Staal or Strome at less cost who are not rentals. Or JGP Toffoli at less cost who are.

B’s fans were up in arms about Coyle trade and ambivalent about MoJo. Worked out well. Don’t need the biggest name on the market especially when they don’t need the position he plays. Does he add more scoring...sure. Does not fix the problem. If your car has a flat tire you don’t fix it by putting gas into an already full tank, you fix the tire.
Propeller09 liked this.
Nov 18 at 12:17
Discord COL's GM
Simply from a logical point. Boston's absolute max sure, but not even close to the NJD bare minimum....and to be real honest I don't think Taylor Hall answers the problems for Boston. I think if New Jersey were to trade Hall in conference it's going to be a deal that works for New jersey, and to be fair I think they would want Vaakanainen or someone of similar value with a first. Look at what Mark Stone got for if he DIDN'T sign and extension with Vegas. They still would have gotten a first out of it. The idea a rental isn't going to be worth as much they will be worth a lot still because I bet New Jersey gets way better offers than that from other teams pushing for a Stanley Cup. For all obvious reasons I don't see New Jersey doing this, and if it's Boston's absolute max I think they will be pretty disappointed with what that gets them.
Nov 18 at 12:26

Just throwing this out in support of @Gofnut999 Ovechkin was tried on RW once and people assumed he was on the steady decline because he looked awful there. Believe it or not, wingers aren't as interchangeable as you might think.
Personally, if I'm Boston I go after Palmieri. Guy is a solid player and is signed for next season at under 5 mil.
Or if you want long term success, Tuch is one of the best candidates but would cost a lot.
Gofnut999 liked this.
Nov 18 at 12:28
Silkysmooth
I know that’s what you were trying to do. The question is why. They should not be looking at him at all. Just another square peg in a round hole fix that they have tried for the last couple of years with zero results. Fix the problem area not the strength.

I’d much rather have Staal or Strome at less cost who are not rentals. Or JGP Toffoli at less cost who are.

B’s fans were up in arms about Coyle trade and ambivalent about MoJo. Worked out well. Don’t need the biggest name on the market especially when they don’t need the position he plays. Does he add more scoring...sure. Does not fix the problem. If your car has a flat tire you don’t fix it by putting gas into an already full tank, you fix the tire.

Anyone that was "up in arms" about the Coyle trade was an idiot. Bruins were buying and Donato is young and struggling. It was clearly a good trade so thats moronic.
Nov 18 at 1:40
Anyone that was "up in arms" about the Coyle trade was an idiot. Bruins were buying and Donato is young and struggling. It was clearly a good trade so thats moronic.

I agree, thought it was a great trade right from the start, but most fans did not at the time. Some still don’t.
Nov 18 at 1:53
McGruff
PASS...
Nov 18 at 1:55

He is actually 100% correct. You are the one that sounds like they don't know what they are talking about.
Nov 18 at 11:56
dont you get the feeling nj wants more nhl ready assets for this guy. they got hughes gusev went out to get subban. they dont want to be behind the rangers rebuild wise.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Remove Option
Submit Poll