Forums/Armchair-GM

credible or not rumor for PIT and TOR

Created by: Shylo_Moxii
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 18, 2019
Published: Nov. 18, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I read an article that said Toronto isn't too happy with Barrie's performance which is understandable and are looking to add a Backup Goaltender, and Pittsburgh has DeSmith and Murray. Article went on to base a trade around Barrie for Jarry. I personally am NOT a fan, but would like other people opinion on this,
Trades
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$81,500,000$92,739,643$0$202,500-$11,239,643
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 18, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
really selling high on barrie here
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 12:57 p.m.
wampler94
I have heard this rumor as well. Unfortunately, I have seen nothing but drastic overpayments for Barrie and with the history JR has, if that deal were to happen the overpayment would as well.
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 12:58 p.m.
every indication is barrie wants out of Toronto cause they're tanking his value for free agency. he needs to run a power play which he wouldn't do in Pitt so not sure this is really gonna happen
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
Banned
I love how the internet takes a piece of information (And in this case the information is, Teams have been asking about Barrie) The rest of this report is that TO hasn't discussed anything yet because obviously they want to give Barrie the time to get comfortable and right himself.

This rumour that you have here is a made up connect two dots that are part of different situations together for your own gain. A backup for a top line defenceman is a terrible sell low idea for TO.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:03 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: linehan10
every indication is barrie wants out of Toronto cause they're tanking his value for free agency. he needs to run a power play which he wouldn't do in Pitt so not sure this is really gonna happen

By Every indication, you mean, your opinion because there is nothing remotely close that anywhere. The facts are that Barrie has been awful, TO has been awful and teams have contacted TO about Barrie wondering if he is available. TO doesn't want to move him because Dubas wants him to play up to his potential, like he wants from the rest of the team.

What will happen? My guess, either TO will start playing like they are capable of, Babs will get fired and replaced and then they'll start playing like they are capable of. All the other white noise like this drivel about Barrie wanting out, is just made up fan angst from trolls.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I love how the internet takes a piece of information (And in this case the information is, Teams have been asking about Barrie) The rest of this report is that TO hasn't discussed anything yet because obviously they want to give Barrie the time to get comfortable and right himself.

This rumour that you have here is a made up connect two dots that are part of different situations together for your own gain. A backup for a top line defenceman is a terrible sell low idea for TO.

One i'm not even a pittsburgh fan. Not even remotely close to be a fan of either team first of all. Second of all I can even show you the article that was written. 3 you aren't in front office so you can't really say they haven't been looking around because you wouldn't know if they have or not. 4 if barrie isn't doing well and he has half a season left mine as well get as much as you can for him before he hits the road.....logical enough isn't it.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/early-rumblings-of-a-potential-trade-between-the-toronto-maple-leafs-pittsburgh-penguins?fbclid=IwAR3TcLZI5jG8vVL8ufu4CFaxEC1Ep4bjJHObYZxVqeuKX2YkHH01pxScXzw

I was always told assuming makes an ass out of u and me. don't assume I'm just hating on Toronto because I'm not. there is a huge gap between Barrie camp, and Toronto signing a deal. Leads a lot of people to believe he isn't going to sign. Toronto isn't a great fit for him especially when he is more of a PP defenseman than a regular defenseman. Makes his money on the PP and he isn't being used that way. I'd go ahead and say if that is the mentality of Toronto. He is walking out really quick with no value coming back your way.
Leafs09 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
By Every indication, you mean, your opinion because there is nothing remotely close that anywhere. The facts are that Barrie has been awful, TO has been awful and teams have contacted TO about Barrie wondering if he is available. TO doesn't want to move him because Dubas wants him to play up to his potential, like he wants from the rest of the team.

What will happen? My guess, either TO will start playing like they are capable of, Babs will get fired and replaced and then they'll start playing like they are capable of. All the other white noise like this drivel about Barrie wanting out, is just made up fan angst from trolls.

The Athletic.
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.
wampler94
I'm confused as to why Barrie would not run a PP in PIT? Right now they use Pettersson on the PP2.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:10 p.m.

LOL trolls. This isn't trolling lol. Quit getting butt hurt about another fan of another team in the NHL talking about your team lol. I literally just sent a link to the article. So if you really want to go at anyone about it go comment on facebook about it or some other way to critique. Send out a death threat or something. I really don't care, but can you please stop commenting on my posts if you aren't going to bring anything meaningful to a solid argument. This isn't attacking. I asked people how they thought of it. But if someone is gonna get butt hurt about it lol. Maybe I should put you back on my ignore list.
Leafs09 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.

the Athletic said it, Hockeyfeed has said it. I think NHL is making comments on it as well.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
One i'm not even a pittsburgh fan. Not even remotely close to be a fan of either team first of all. Second of all I can even show you the article that was written. 3 you aren't in front office so you can't really say they haven't been looking around because you wouldn't know if they have or not. 4 if barrie isn't doing well and he has half a season left mine as well get as much as you can for him before he hits the road.....logical enough isn't it.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/early-rumblings-of-a-potential-trade-between-the-toronto-maple-leafs-pittsburgh-penguins?fbclid=IwAR3TcLZI5jG8vVL8ufu4CFaxEC1Ep4bjJHObYZxVqeuKX2YkHH01pxScXzw

I was always told assuming makes an ass out of u and me. don't assume I'm just hating on Toronto because I'm not. there is a huge gap between Barrie camp, and Toronto signing a deal. Leads a lot of people to believe he isn't going to sign. Toronto isn't a great fit for him especially when he is more of a PP defenseman than a regular defenseman. Makes his money on the PP and he isn't being used that way. I'd go ahead and say if that is the mentality of Toronto. He is walking out really quick with no value coming back your way.

HockeyFeed the site with all the best hockey insiders. Come on man, rumours and speculations that are 100% just made up. This is all just nonsense.

1) Barrie not signing a deal hasn't even been discussed. TO media shot down the whole Barrie being traded idea on the weekend. You know, the actual hockey insiders that talk to the front office of TO, those guys. Friedman, (an actual insider, even though he has been making a lot more speculation reports than actual reports these days) said TO doesn't have any interest in moving Barrie at this time, they would prefer that he gets better.

2) I am pretty sure TO has pretty much every intention of letting Barrie walk anyways. This isn't about any contract disputes or whatever you are getting at there.

This is just wild speculation from people without any connections, connecting 2 dots in hopes that they can guess right sometime and get cred. They definitely won't and aren't with this one. This is worse than the crap Eklund spews out there.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
HockeyFeed the site with all the best hockey insiders. Come on man, rumours and speculations that are 100% just made up. This is all just nonsense.

1) Barrie not signing a deal hasn't even been discussed. TO media shot down the whole Barrie being traded idea on the weekend. You know, the actual hockey insiders that talk to the front office of TO, those guys. Friedman, (an actual insider, even though he has been making a lot more speculation reports than actual reports these days) said TO doesn't have any interest in moving Barrie at this time, they would prefer that he gets better.

2) I am pretty sure TO has pretty much every intention of letting Barrie walk anyways. This isn't about any contract disputes or whatever you are getting at there.

This is just wild speculation from people without any connections, connecting 2 dots in hopes that they can guess right sometime and get cred. They definitely won't and aren't with this one. This is worse than the crap Eklund spews out there.

I see the glorious TO media the Media that brought up Parayko to Toronto for the hot garbage Nylander. and the Pesce for mid tier spare parts....the TO media that brings stuff up to get a couple views.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:19 p.m.
Banned
the Athletic said it, Hockeyfeed has said it. I think NHL is making comments on it as well.

All speculation. Friedman and other TO media have already said TO has received calls about Barrie but don't have an interest in moving him at this time. They would prefer he figures out his game and gets playing well again. Dubas I think would rather fire Babs than make any stupid short sighted moves that will hurt the team in the long run. Barrie is worth a lot more than a backup goalie.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:22 p.m.
All speculation. Friedman and other TO media have already said TO has received calls about Barrie but don't have an interest in moving him at this time. They would prefer he figures out his game and gets playing well again. Dubas I think would rather fire Babs than make any stupid short sighted moves that will hurt the team in the long run. Barrie is worth a lot more than a backup goalie.

They never said they don't have interest. They said they have received phone calls nothing else. Go listen to your speculation TO Area media....and let us have an actual conversation instead have to listen to you troll. It's actually funny how bad you get mad about your team grow up.....act your age not your shoe size kid....and please don't comment on any more of my ACGMs.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
Banned
I see the glorious TO media the Media that brought up Parayko to Toronto for the hot garbage Nylander. and the Pesce for mid tier spare parts....the TO media that brings stuff up to get a couple views.

I think you are referring to twitter idiots from Canada not the TO media. Also Nylander isn't hot garbage and you are getting out of hand again bud. Just take a deep breath, fire does not need to come flying out of your mouth as you rage about speculation. Because that is what you are arguing about here. Speculation. Speculation is not rumours. Despite what places like Hockeybuzz, Hockeyfeed and the Athletic want you to think.

Bob McKenzie will say what he's been told, or he'll preface his words as speculation. Most other hockey insiders these days speculate and don't say its just speculation. Then idiots on the internet interpret the words and go nuts. So in this case what is happening is, Pittsburgh has stated they are open to moving a backup goalie. That means Jarry and DeSmith are available. Now TO has been struggling and they haven't won yet with a backup in net. All of a sudden someone catches wind that people have called about Barrie, I am sure these are the actual facts.

What this rumour is, is some person claiming to be a hockey insider, connected these dots and letting the internet run wild with it.

It very well could even be something Pittsburgh has called TO about and proposed, but I doubt it. Because its a massive insult.

1) Barrie is a tonne better than he's played so far
2) There are still 61 games left in the season, its early
3) Dubas isn't going to panic
4) The next move TO will make is something minor to make room for Marner or if things continue to be bad, Babs will get fired.

There just won't be something this stupid.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
I think you are referring to twitter idiots from Canada not the TO media. Also Nylander isn't hot garbage and you are getting out of hand again bud. Just take a deep breath, fire does not need to come flying out of your mouth as you rage about speculation. Because that is what you are arguing about here. Speculation. Speculation is not rumours. Despite what places like Hockeybuzz, Hockeyfeed and the Athletic want you to think.

Bob McKenzie will say what he's been told, or he'll preface his words as speculation. Most other hockey insiders these days speculate and don't say its just speculation. Then idiots on the internet interpret the words and go nuts. So in this case what is happening is, Pittsburgh has stated they are open to moving a backup goalie. That means Jarry and DeSmith are available. Now TO has been struggling and they haven't won yet with a backup in net. All of a sudden someone catches wind that people have called about Barrie, I am sure these are the actual facts.

What this rumour is, is some person claiming to be a hockey insider, connected these dots and letting the internet run wild with it.

It very well could even be something Pittsburgh has called TO about and proposed, but I doubt it. Because its a massive insult.

1) Barrie is a tonne better than he's played so far
2) There are still 61 games left in the season, its early
3) Dubas isn't going to panic
4) The next move TO will make is something minor to make room for Marner or if things continue to be bad, Babs will get fired.

There just won't be something this stupid.

Nylander is hot garbage compared to Parayko. 2 idc if Barrie is a ton better he isn't playing like it. You value him on his PERFORMANCE not his name and reputation.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.
Banned
They never said they don't have interest. They said they have received phone calls nothing else. Go listen to your speculation TO Area media....and let us have an actual conversation instead have to listen to you troll. It's actually funny how bad you get mad about your team grow up.....act your age not your shoe size kid....and please don't comment on any more of my ACGMs.

I am having a conversation. I am telling you the words Friedman said this weekend were that there has been interest in Barrie and TO isn't interested at this time. Teams can have all the interest in the world, TO just doesn't at this time. So now what do you want to discuss? How good it would be for Pittsburgh to send their backup to TO for a top line defenceman? Because that is the conversation here. This doesn't make any sense, its an absolute terrible use of assets. Even if TO tanks this year, why would they settle for such a poor return for someone as good as Barrie. Only in the minds of people who think of only today does this make sense. Although I am not sure I'd put you in that category. You seem to remember the past play of players when its beneficial to your argument and then ignore that when it hurts you. Nylander is garbage because of last year, his terrific play so far this year doesn't exist or matter to your assessment of his ability and with Barrie, he's probably the worst player in the league because nothing exists beyond this season.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:34 p.m.
Banned
Nylander is hot garbage compared to Parayko. 2 idc if Barrie is a ton better he isn't playing like it. You value him on his PERFORMANCE not his name and reputation.

Unless that benefits your arguement then his past performance is everything. Just like it doesn't matter what Nylander does this year, you'll say what about last year. And now that Barrie is the opposite situation its all about this season. This isn't a conversation, conversations have logic.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:38 p.m.
torontos finest
Wouldn't be smart to trade Barrie for a backup goaltender even with his crashing value.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
Unless that benefits your arguement then his past performance is everything. Just like it doesn't matter what Nylander does this year, you'll say what about last year. And now that Barrie is the opposite situation its all about this season. This isn't a conversation, conversations have logic.

Literally written in The Athletic that Barrie hasn't requested a trade but thats the direction this is headed
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
Banned
Literally written in The Athletic that Barrie hasn't requested a trade but thats the direction this is headed

Literally, he hasn't asked for a trade. TO isn't shopping him but apparently people have reached out. Soooooooooo, this is just speculation. Thanks for clearing that up.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:02 p.m.
Banned

Literally Bob McKenzie on TO radio today said Barrie hasn't asked for a trade and TO doesn't want to trade him. So all this is precisely as I have said, is just pure speculation.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 12:29 a.m.
Along51

He would 100% get pp opportunity
Shylo_Moxii liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll