$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
$749,167$749,167 (Performance Bonus$42,500$42K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 3
$2,437,500$2,437,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,822,764$2,822,764
LD
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$1,450,000$1M)
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
Drumman44
As a Hawks fan I want Taylor Hall to stay out of the Central. But damn he would be a great fit on the Avs.
NjDevsfan12 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:19 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'll see your Juolevi and a 2021 second and raise you LD Jacob Larsson and a 2020 second.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
I would do that trade if I was Sakic
NjDevsfan12 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
Edited Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:51 p.m.
Quoting: moli92
I would do that trade if I was Sakic

I wouldn’t bc I just don’t want hall. He doesn’t fill a need for the team

Kreider is more a fit and a piece the need more than hall. Hall is just over kill and spending more assets having player forced in a lesser role. Just not smart asset management imo
Nov. 18, 2019 at 2:59 p.m.
Quoting: coga16

Kreider is more a fit and a piece the need more than hall. Hall is just over kill and spending more assets having player forced in a lesser role. Just not smart asset management imo

There is no way that a league MVP doesnt make your team better.. having said that you're playing him on the second line and probably 2nd PP, the cost to aquire and resign hall is way to high and would make this team worse in the future, not to mention halls injury history... if they wanted to pick him up for solely a playoff run then sure but it depends on the price, because zadorov single handedly took matthew thachuk out of the playoffs last year with his big hits, and the organization is super high on conor timmins.... I also think kreider would be a waste of assets, burakovsky is starting to play well and his shot is lethal, I'd rather have him up on the second line with kadri and donskoi... when this team was healthy the lines were constructed so well that I wouldnt change a thing outside the jost line, they may not need anything but a healthy squad
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
Quoting: DrumMan44
As a Hawks fan I want Taylor Hall to stay out of the Central. But damn he would be a great fit on the Avs.

I think he would actually be a bad fit on the avs. He doesn’t fit on the top line that makes them balanced and dangerous, and what allows Mack to be Mack

Mackinnon is a pure volume shooter, Rantanen is a puck distributor and landeskog is pick retrieval and supports mackinnon defensively taking his off hand face offs. Hall is a shooter too and he would through off the top line, as exciting as their speed would be together, Mack and hall don’t make sense bc they want the same roll.

Rantanen is the spot that you can move down bc he is able to create offense without Mack. So a hall trade you are either playing him on your second line as a lw or his off wing as a rw. Either way I don’t see that as a smart investment in getting a player that actually fits with the way bednar crafts his lines
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: JeffW
There is no way that a league MVP doesnt make your team better.. having said that you're playing him on the second line and probably 2nd PP, the cost to aquire and resign hall is way to high and would make this team worse in the future, not to mention halls injury history... if they wanted to pick him up for solely a playoff run then sure but it depends on the price, because zadorov single handedly took matthew thachuk out of the playoffs last year with his big hits, and the organization is super high on conor timmins.... I also think kreider would be a waste of assets, burakovsky is starting to play well and his shot is lethal, I'd rather have him up on the second line with kadri and donskoi... when this team was healthy the lines were constructed so well that I wouldnt change a thing outside the jost line, they may not need anything but a healthy squad

I don’t think he compliments the top line, so you are trading for hall to make him play ina different role or style or not his natural position. Hall and Mack want to play the same style game, I just don’t see it as some slam dunk move.

There is a reason why bednar has had donskoi Calvert and kadri
Compher playing wing with mackinnon, he needs a defensive oriented winger who takes draws with himX. You need someone in the landeskog role. You can’t ask rants to do it and you aren’t trading hall to do it so really is he worth going after. I think trading for what you need. A 2nd lw In Kreider makes a 100 times more sense when you consider the roll of the player with a healthy line up and the cost of trading for them

I Agree with you on bura that’s why he’s as your number 2 rw, donskoi slides down to Wilson’s spot with jost and compher In my load up at the tdl
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:10 p.m.

I disagree. I think Hall would be a great fit. The Avs would have arguably the best offense in the league when healthy - theres just so many superstar forwards.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Hall-Kadri-Donskoi
Burakovsky-Jost-Compher
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

I dont get how Kreider would be a fit and Hall wouldnt. They both play on the PP, neither kills penalties, and one is a superstar and the other is an average 2nd line winger. Why would you take the latter? Sure Kreider is more physical but that doesnt make up for the difference in production. I would be happy with Kreider but if given a choice I would absolutely take Hall over him
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
I disagree. I think Hall would be a great fit. The Avs would have arguably the best offense in the league when healthy - theres just so many superstar forwards.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Hall-Kadri-Donskoi
Burakovsky-Jost-Compher
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert

I dont get how Kreider would be a fit and Hall wouldnt. They both play on the PP, neither kills penalties, and one is a superstar and the other is an average 2nd line winger. Why would you take the latter? Sure Kreider is more physical but that doesnt make up for the difference in production. I would be happy with Kreider but if given a choice I would absolutely take Hall over him

Bc you are paying top line prices to get him but move him down to the 2nd line and 2nd pp unit. I dont see how thats good asset management. also now you are having Bura who is playing well, and plays his best hockey as a RW, as the 3rd line LW? I think you are hurting the roster putting guys in lesser roles that fits them bc you just want Hall who is really a 1 dimensional player and doesnt do a lick of defensive work.

Why trade those assets for a guy you are just really using as depth scoring. Avs already have one of the top offense in the league (3rd highest scoring team) without Landy and Mack. So once they are healthy what much does Hall add? They already have a high potent offense
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:23 p.m.
Bc you are paying top line prices to get him but move him down to the 2nd line and 2nd pp unit. I dont see how thats good asset management. also now you are having Bura who is playing well, and plays his best hockey as a RW, as the 3rd line LW? I think you are hurting the roster putting guys in lesser roles that fits them bc you just want Hall who is really a 1 dimensional player and doesnt do a lick of defensive work.

Why trade those assets for a guy you are just really using as depth scoring. Avs already have one of the top offense in the league (3rd highest scoring team) without Landy and Mack. So once they are healthy what much does Hall add? They already have a high potent offense

I agreed, I think that's what I was saying earlier, that's also why I dont think its smart to give up assets for kreider.

Let's see what this team has when they're healthy like when they were undefeated before we try and trade for anyone like a super expensive 2nd line winger (hall) or a gritty 40-50pt guy (krieder)
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:35 p.m.
Bc you are paying top line prices to get him but move him down to the 2nd line and 2nd pp unit. I dont see how thats good asset management.

who cares what number you assign to each line. Just because you call Landy-MacK-Rants the "1st line" doesnt mean that a potential "2nd line" of Hall-Kadri-Donskoi/Bura line wouldnt be getting good ice time. The Avs would have 2 lines capable of playing top line minutes, Bednar can adjust playing time according to how they are performing. Just take away a minute of ice time from the "3rd line" to play Hall and the "2nd line" more if you want him to get more usage. That would also give the Avs 2 deadly PP units, or you could use Hall on PP1 to stack it if needed. Also, in the event of an injury to one of the top forwards the Avs would have another elite F option to turn to on the PP instead of someone like Burakovsky or Donskoi (who are good, but nowhere near Hall's level). Hall is single-handedly carrying NJD's PP right now (has gotten points in 89% of the teams power play goals) and could do the same for COL's 2nd PP unit.

I think adding a few more assets in a trade is absolutely worth getting Hall instead of Kreider
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.

So adding Hall would push other guys into lesser roles but adding Kreider wouldnt? That makes no sense. No matter who you add the rest of the team would be shifted down. If youre gonna add someone at least make it a big upgrade.

And if you want Burakovsky could play 2nd line then and Donskoi 3rd line if you would prefer.
CD282 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
I agreed, I think that's what I was saying earlier, that's also why I dont think its smart to give up assets for kreider.

Let's see what this team has when they're healthy like when they were undefeated before we try and trade for anyone like a super expensive 2nd line winger (hall) or a gritty 40-50pt guy (krieder)

I agree, wait till they are healthy. Just I mention kreider as if they do want to spend some assets to load up on a rental at the deadline, he makes more sense then Hall. You cant extend or keep hall anyways so why give up top assets for 3 months of a 2nd line winger that you m ight not even need in the first place.

I would rather them go after pageau as the 3C and have Jost Compher as those wingers over a 2nd line LW pick up
Nov. 18, 2019 at 3:48 p.m.
So adding Hall would push other guys into lesser roles but adding Kreider wouldnt? That makes no sense. No matter who you add the rest of the team would be shifted down. If youre gonna add someone at least make it a big upgrade.

And if you want Burakovsky could play 2nd line then and Donskoi 3rd line if you would prefer.

No Kreider could, but you can alos justify putting Kreider on your 3rd line as well. A 1st or 2nd + a mid level prospect deadline deal for a middle 6 foward like Kreider or Pageau makes more sense then young roster player, top propsect, multiple top picks for hall taht isnt needed.

You are missing the point, why pay top line price for a guy that wont play on the top line and doesnt fill a void in the roster
Nov. 18, 2019 at 4:02 p.m.
No Kreider could, but you can alos justify putting Kreider on your 3rd line as well. A 1st or 2nd + a mid level prospect deadline deal for a middle 6 foward like Kreider or Pageau makes more sense then young roster player, top propsect, multiple top picks for hall taht isnt needed.

You are missing the point, why pay top line price for a guy that wont play on the top line and doesnt fill a void in the roster

1. When healthy there isnt a void at 2LW or 3LW for Kreider either so I dont understand how you can be so against adding Hall but be for adding Kreider when all of your arguments against adding a player can be made against both Hall and Kreider. How is Kreider needed but Hall isnt?

2. Im not missing the point, I already addressed this. Just because you call a line the "1st line" and another line the "2nd line" doesnt mean that the "2nd line" cant have elite players on it. Hall would still get tons of ice time and tons of opportunity on a separate line than MacKinnon. Kane and Toews play on different lines, Crosby and Malkin play on different lines, Tavares and Matthews play of different lines. You make it seem like having more than 1 line with elite players on it is a bad thing.
CD282 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 4:05 p.m.
1. When healthy there isnt a void at 2LW or 3LW for Kreider either so I dont understand how you can be so against adding Hall but be for adding Kreider when all of your arguments against adding a player can be made against both Hall and Kreider. How is Kreider needed but Hall isnt?

2. Im not missing the point, I already addressed this. Just because you call a line the "1st line" and another line the "2nd line" doesnt mean that the "2nd line" cant have elite players on it. Hall would still get tons of ice time and tons of opportunity on a separate line than MacKinnon. Kane and Toews play on different lines, Crosby and Malkin play on different lines, Tavares and Matthews play of different lines. You make it seem like having more than 1 line with elite players on it is a bad thing.

You are getting hung up on Kreider vs Hall....its the assets used to get the level of those players. I am just using Kreider as an example of a player that would make more sense going after over Hall due to the cost and the role

Avs have more than MacKinnon, they have landy, rants and Kadri...so who is getting their ice time cut for Hall? Are you taking 5v5 and PP time away from those guys when healthy? I just think you are adding a player that isnt neeed and then you are creating a trickle down effect.

You mention Toronto but they have Matthews, Marner, tavares and Nylander...and what have they caused themselves, a world that someone is getting thrown under the bus or put on the 3rd line for under performing bc they are too top heavy with high expectation players scoring 10 goals a game. There is a time where yes you can have too much of the same thing on a roster. Hall to me, is that,
Nov. 18, 2019 at 4:06 p.m.
You are getting hung up on Kreider vs Hall....its the assets used to get the level of those players.

I would glady spend more to get the better player
Nov. 18, 2019 at 4:11 p.m.
I would glady spend more to get the better player

So you want a cup or bust this season unloading top assets and top prospects for hall bc there is no way he can be extended without sacrificing Landeskog, Makar Grubeaur cap space that you might actually create a situation that you cant afford to keep landeskog

Im no way is that smart for the avs who are just opening up a major cup window, why slam it shut by trading for and extending hall when you dont need to
Nov. 18, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.

No way I ever pay our first or second for a third-line Winger or Center when you have Jost compher Wilson bellemare Calvert Nieto and all the prospects in your AHL system I could see at the deadline them adding a defenseman if Timmon isn't and graves isn't working
Nov. 18, 2019 at 4:29 p.m.
No way I ever pay our first or second for a third-line Winger or Center when you have Jost compher Wilson bellemare Calvert Nieto and all the prospects in your AHL system I could see at the deadline them adding a defenseman if Timmon isn't and graves isn't working

fair enough, my point is avs will nibble around the edges at the deadline, they dont need a home run swing. I can see them adding a Dman as well, I think having someone who can take PK minutes from EJ holds the most value in terms of needs for this team. EJ Graves as your top PK minute guys, you might need one more guy who can handle those minutes and keep everyone fresh and healthy, especially EJ. Take down his minutes to make sure hes healthier deeper into the playoffs
JeffW liked this.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 5:04 p.m.
So you want a cup or bust this season unloading top assets and top prospects for hall bc there is no way he can be extended without sacrificing Landeskog, Makar Grubeaur cap space that you might actually create a situation that you cant afford to keep landeskog

Im no way is that smart for the avs who are just opening up a major cup window, why slam it shut by trading for and extending hall when you dont need to

They can afford all of them. How do you figure it is cup or bust this season then reference people we have to re-sign in 2021?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1509958

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1509966

^ thats with conservative estimates of cap increase and generous contracts
Nov. 18, 2019 at 6:44 p.m.
Edited Nov. 18, 2019 at 7:06 p.m.
They can afford all of them. How do you figure it is cup or bust this season then reference people we have to re-sign in 2021?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1509958

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1509966

^ thats with conservative estimates of cap increase and generous contracts

Hall is going to get a min 6 years...and you are right against the cap with no room for call ups with this sort of roster...plus I think you are undervaluing some contracts on player, example bura is on a 65 point pace season and he’s signing only for a 700k raise, especially compares to 40 point range guys like kerfoot and kapanen signed for 3.5m? think this shows exactly my point, you have to fill in with low level talent bc you 0 cap space to fill out your roster. Now you are in the maple leafs territoy in cap hell with MacKinnon contract coming up.

Sorry I dont think this proves they can afford Hall when sakics goal was clear, managing the cap to ensure they keep their own, including planning on the MacKinnon mega extension

I really think all this does is close the cup window faster now bc you have to be cheap filling in half half your roster with league min type contracts bc you are way too too heavy
Nov. 18, 2019 at 8:55 p.m.
Hall is going to get a min 6 years...and you are right against the cap with no room for call ups with this sort of roster...plus I think you are undervaluing some contracts on player, example bura is on a 65 point pace season and he’s signing only for a 700k raise, especially compares to 40 point range guys like kerfoot and kapanen signed for 3.5m? think this shows exactly my point, you have to fill in with low level talent bc you 0 cap space to fill out your roster. Now you are in the maple leafs territoy in cap hell with MacKinnon contract coming up.

Sorry I dont think this proves they can afford Hall when sakics goal was clear, managing the cap to ensure they keep their own, including planning on the MacKinnon mega extension

I really think all this does is close the cup window faster now bc you have to be cheap filling in half half your roster with league min type contracts bc you are way too too heavy

I think I overpaid some players in those AGMs (Makar at 10M, Timmins at 3M right out of his ELC, etc) to show that we still had wiggle room. Burakovsky has only played 20 games so far (most of it with an increased offensive role since Rantanen and Landeskog are out), pump the brakes on the 65 points and nitpicking about salary. Last season Kerfoot started out with 14P in 18GP (64 point pace) and ended with 42.

I dont see how this is like the Leafs situation especially with so much money spent on solid defense. the issue with Toronto is that they spent so much on forwards that they dont have enough to spend on defense. Adding Hall doesnt take away from the Avs future blueline of Makar, Girard, Byram, Timmins, especially when the elite forwards are on much cheaper deals than TOR forwards. If you want the Avs to compete for a cup then they will be up against the cap like all of the other contenders, theres no avoiding a cap crunch if you want to be an elite team.

The MacKinnon extension is 4 years away. Id like the Avs to compete and hopefully win a cup in that timeframe. After that we can sell players to make room for the 13M or whatever it takes for MacKinnon to sign.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 9:33 p.m.
Edited Nov. 18, 2019 at 9:40 p.m.
I think I overpaid some players in those AGMs (Makar at 10M, Timmins at 3M right out of his ELC, etc) to show that we still had wiggle room. Burakovsky has only played 20 games so far (most of it with an increased offensive role since Rantanen and Landeskog are out), pump the brakes on the 65 points and nitpicking about salary. Last season Kerfoot started out with 14P in 18GP (64 point pace) and ended with 42.

I dont see how this is like the Leafs situation especially with so much money spent on solid defense. the issue with Toronto is that they spent so much on forwards that they dont have enough to spend on defense. Adding Hall doesnt take away from the Avs future blueline of Makar, Girard, Byram, Timmins, especially when the elite forwards are on much cheaper deals than TOR forwards. If you want the Avs to compete for a cup then they will be up against the cap like all of the other contenders, theres no avoiding a cap crunch if you want to be an elite team.

The MacKinnon extension is 4 years away. Id like the Avs to compete and hopefully win a cup in that timeframe. After that we can sell players to make room for the 13M or whatever it takes for MacKinnon to sign.

I just don't think you need Hall, besides him being a big sexy name to add to a roster, what more does he add to an already top offence, I guess thats my point. You sacrifice newhook and cap space for what. Avs are not hurting for secondary scoring, if anything right now the depth is showing they have solid scoring depth.

I just think its a foolish move that will back fire and do more harm than good. Not disputing Halls all world talent, but Avs already have 2 super stair fowards, and another superstar on D. They aren't lacking fire power and I would rather in this case keep on to a guy like Newhook who you groom to be your 2C bc Kadri is on a time line and you need someone to slip into that roll to prolong this cup window. Jost is not going to fill that role, and chance are Bowers won't either. So what's the point of a 11m 2nd line Winger who doesn't have a C to play with?

Hall is a very much of a nice to have but not at all needed type of add, You do not do it unless the price is 100% right for them. They do not need to get into an arms race and over pay for him giving up a core future piece in Newhook or Byram (cant over state how important their ELC years will be to prolong the mackinnon cup window).

If you can make it a deal for a Jost Zads and a pick type pick and the Devils for some strange reason accept. Avs are taking their shot now and not sacrificing their future pieces to fill in the roster and damaging that pipeline. My point is Avs spent long painful years building up one of the better farm systems in the whole NHL, why burn it down to the ground in year 1 of their cup window on a player that I really do not see a major fit for.
Nov. 18, 2019 at 10:27 p.m.
I just don't think you need Hall, besides him being a big sexy name to add to a roster, what more does he add to an already top offence, I guess thats my point. You sacrifice newhook and cap space for what. Avs are not hurting for secondary scoring, if anything right now the depth is showing they have solid scoring depth.

I just think its a foolish move that will back fire and do more harm than good. Not disputing Halls all world talent, but Avs already have 2 super stair fowards, and another superstar on D. They aren't lacking fire power and I would rather in this case keep on to a guy like Newhook who you groom to be your 2C bc Kadri is on a time line and you need someone to slip into that roll to prolong this cup window. Jost is not going to fill that role, and chance are Bowers won't either. So what's the point of a 11m 2nd line Winger who doesn't have a C to play with?

Hall is a very much of a nice to have but not at all needed type of add, You do not do it unless the price is 100% right for them. They do not need to get into an arms race and over pay for him giving up a core future piece in Newhook or Byram (cant over state how important their ELC years will be to prolong the mackinnon cup window).

Hall isnt necessary but would make an already good team great. I doubt PIT wouldve won in 2016 and 2017 if they didnt go all in and add another elite forward in Kessel. If you really want to keep Newhook then maybe give up Jost/Bowers/Kaut and a pick instead, but I still think its worth it either way. Hall doesnt need a C to carry him, if there is going to be any carrying its gonna be Taylor Hall carrying his centre on that line. So just throw whoever develops into the closest thing to a 2C out of Jost/Bowers/Newhook/Compher/Wildcard-prospects/Old-Kadri/etc onto a line with Hall and let him carry it.

Yeah the price has to be right in a trade, but also Sakic could take a run at him on July 1st instead of at the trade deadline. That way we can keep prospects to fill out the roster with ELCs and make a huge upgrade up front. I know this is just speculation, but ive seen rumours that Hall is interested in joining a winning team instead of just going to the highest bidder. Not many teams are set up like COL to offer both decent money and a chance to win. I just dont see how Sakic could pass on a player like Hall if hes interested in signing.

If you can make it a deal for a Jost Zads and a pick type pick and the Devils for some strange reason accept. Avs are taking their shot now and not sacrificing their future pieces to fill in the roster and damaging that pipeline. My point is Avs spent long painful years building up one of the better farm systems in the whole NHL, why burn it down to the ground in year 1 of their cup window on a player that I really do not see a major fit for.

I dont think trading a couple prospects for elite talent is 'burning our farm system to the ground'. Bit of an overstatement there lol. Im 99% sure none of our forward prospects will end up better than Hall is right now. The Avs are fortunate to have a good prospect pool and can afford to spend some of them to bring in an elite forward for the next half-a-dozen-or-so years without completely ruining their pipeline.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll