Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 19, 2019 at 8:49 a.m.
RangerWall92
Trade Barrie instead of Dermott
TMLBRIAN liked this.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 8:53 a.m.
Quoting: RangerWall92
Trade Barrie instead of Dermott

Dermott has more value than Barrie. Have to give Mini a solid Dman with control back. Can't take 2 of their top D without giving them something back there longer term. Barrie is UFA at end of the year.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
RangerWall92
Quoting: TMLBRIAN
Dermott has more value than Barrie. Have to give Mini a solid Dman with control back. Can't take 2 of their top D without giving them something back there longer term. Barrie is UFA at end of the year.

And Dermott is an RFA at the end of the year. Barrie could sign an extension with MIN.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 9:14 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: TMLBRIAN

Only in the "The past doesn't exist" world of cap friendly does Barrie have less value Dermott. The kid is good but he's not even played a full season in his career and his career high is less than 20 points. I think regardless of the rough start to this season, Barries track record has him at a much greater value than Dermott. Don't let the insanity of the fan angst on this site sway sir.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 10:14 a.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Only in the "The past doesn't exist" world of cap friendly does Barrie have less value Dermott. The kid is good but he's not even played a full season in his career and his career high is less than 20 points. I think regardless of the rough start to this season, Barries track record has him at a much greater value than Dermott. Don't let the insanity of the fan angst on this site sway sir.

Agreed. What do you think of a trade with Calgary sending Barrie + Kapanen for Hamonic + Bennett + a 4th or Gillies and 12% retention on Hamonic to balance out the cap?
Nov. 19, 2019 at 10:17 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
Agreed. What do you think of a trade with Calgary sending Barrie + Kapanen for Hamonic + Bennett + a 4th or Gillies and 12% retention on Hamonic to balance out the cap?

What I think is that the single biggest issue facing the team is that they are still meshing as a team considering they have seen half the roster change over. So moving out a bunch of bodies for more new bodies seems like the worst possible solution to this problem. I think the team will start tightening up and they'll be fine, or they'll lose some more and Babs will get fired and replaced on an interim basis by one of the assitants and then Keefe will take over in the off season.....unless the interim guy leads the team to the cup.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 10:31 a.m.
What I think is that the single biggest issue facing the team is that they are still meshing as a team considering they have seen half the roster change over. So moving out a bunch of bodies for more new bodies seems like the worst possible solution to this problem. I think the team will start tightening up and they'll be fine, or they'll lose some more and Babs will get fired and replaced on an interim basis by one of the assitants and then Keefe will take over in the off season.....unless the interim guy leads the team to the cup.

I get the roster turn over, however, Barrie is gone after this season and and IMO it would be beneficial to trade for Hamonic to see how he or if he meshes well with Rielly before targeting him in FA. It also gives Hamonic a chance to see of he would be interested in playing in TOR. You've been advocating to trade Kap for a while and Bennet gives us some much-needed grit as well as he has the ability to play center which would help us now that Kerfoot is out. You also don't like Ceci and this would allow us to play him down the lineup.

I get this team could start meshing soon but the Mathews line already has chemistry as does the JT/MM/ZH line (I am aware of the injuries but I thought Marner can drive a line on his own I mean that why he fought for the $ he got, and JT it shouldn't matter who his linemates are as he should be able to make anyone better). So there's no excuse for those two lines IMO, our 3rd line has been great this year and again Bennet would help fill Kerfoot's spot until he comes back then he would slide over to the wing.

I think this deal would be beneficial for both sides.

I don't think Babcock gets canned mid-season not saying it couldn't gappen but I think they wait until the end of the year.

So forget about chemistry for a sec... What do you think of the deal?
Nov. 19, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
Banned
I get the roster turn over, however, Barrie is gone after this season and and IMO it would be beneficial to trade for Hamonic to see how he or if he meshes well with Rielly before targeting him in FA. It also gives Hamonic a chance to see of he would be interested in playing in TOR. You've been advocating to trade Kap for a while and Bennet gives us some much-needed grit as well as he has the ability to play center which would help us now that Kerfoot is out. You also don't like Ceci and this would allow us to play him down the lineup.

I get this team could start meshing soon but the Mathews line already has chemistry as does the JT/MM/ZH line (I am aware of the injuries but I thought Marner can drive a line on his own I mean that why he fought for the $ he got, and JT it shouldn't matter who his linemates are as he should be able to make anyone better). So there's no excuse for those two lines IMO, our 3rd line has been great this year and again Bennet would help fill Kerfoot's spot until he comes back then he would slide over to the wing.

I think this deal would be beneficial for both sides.

I don't think Babcock gets canned mid-season not saying it couldn't gappen but I think they wait until the end of the year.

So forget about chemistry for a sec... What do you think of the deal?

I am not sure you understand me. I don't think making any trade is smart at this time. The season isn't lost, they are still meshing and there are 61 more games. Patience.

As far as the trade is concerned. At this point, if I was to trade anyone, it would be Marner. I think he's overrated and massively overpayed. I love him and want him on the team but he isn't worth 5 million more than Nylander and because of that, if I moved anyone it would be him because as you mentioned, I think JT can be effective without Marner and Marner would fetch a huge return.

But with that said, I still preach patience. Just give it some more time. This road trip will help.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 11:07 a.m.
I am not sure you understand me. I don't think making any trade is smart at this time. The season isn't lost, they are still meshing and there are 61 more games. Patience.

As far as the trade is concerned. At this point, if I was to trade anyone, it would be Marner. I think he's overrated and massively overpayed. I love him and want him on the team but he isn't worth 5 million more than Nylander and because of that, if I moved anyone it would be him because as you mentioned, I think JT can be effective without Marner and Marner would fetch a huge return.

But with that said, I still preach patience. Just give it some more time. This road trip will help.

No I fully understand your point and I have said on numerous occasions that I would only make a deal if we were selling or if we could get a partner for MO that has term. That being said, I would make this trade to see how Hamonic does on our team before investing both term and money in FA as if it doesn't work out it could be a bad contract. Also, I think Bennet would mesh well on our 3rd line.

I'm all for trading Marner and have been since last off-season began. I'm not all doom and gloom as you suggested before that's the people who overreact after every loss. I've kept the same stance since last offseason began.

Again forget about chemistry and trading Marner for a moment as what I asked you was what do you think about the trade? Let's just pretend that everything is going good but Barries struggles are the same. With that mindset what do you think?
Nov. 19, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Banned
No I fully understand your point and I have said on numerous occasions that I would only make a deal if we were selling or if we could get a partner for MO that has term. That being said, I would make this trade to see how Hamonic does on our team before investing both term and money in FA as if it doesn't work out it could be a bad contract. Also, I think Bennet would mesh well on our 3rd line.

I'm all for trading Marner and have been since last off-season began. I'm not all doom and gloom as you suggested before that's the people who overreact after every loss. I've kept the same stance since last offseason began.

Again forget about chemistry and trading Marner for a moment as what I asked you was what do you think about the trade? Let's just pretend that everything is going good but Barries struggles are the same. With that mindset what do you think?

Kapanen is better than Bennet and Barrie is so much better than he's been. Plus they have played here for a quarter of the season and far more likely to be successful here than Homanic and Bennet.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 11:18 a.m.
Kapanen is better than Bennet and Barrie is so much better than he's been. Plus they have played here for a quarter of the season and far more likely to be successful here than Homanic and Bennet.

I disagree on kapanen being better than Bennett. I think the value is close but they both bring different factors/values to the game. ps I'm a fan of Kapanen not trying to throw him under the bus here or anything. However, I do fully agree with you on Barrie but IMO either he continues to play the way he has (scared to make a mistake IMO) and we don't want to re-sign him or he returns to the Barrie we know and we can't afford him. I guess it comes down to whether or not the from office is considering targeting Hamonic in the off-season.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
Banned
I disagree on kapanen being better than Bennett. I think the value is close but they both bring different factors/values to the game. ps I'm a fan of Kapanen not trying to throw him under the bus here or anything. However, I do fully agree with you on Barrie but IMO either he continues to play the way he has (scared to make a mistake IMO) and we don't want to re-sign him or he returns to the Barrie we know and we can't afford him. I guess it comes down to whether or not the from office is considering targeting Hamonic in the off-season.

Him playing with Dermott is going to be good. I am happy Babs finally made a change. I think him and Holl could be a really good shutdown pair and that will hopefully force babs into stopping the hard match of Rielly against the other teams best. Rielly is terrific but Ceci just can't play against those types of players. Also Muzzin is better defensively so that'll be good for the defence.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 4:13 p.m.
Him playing with Dermott is going to be good. I am happy Babs finally made a change. I think him and Holl could be a really good shutdown pair and that will hopefully force babs into stopping the hard match of Rielly against the other teams best. Rielly is terrific but Ceci just can't play against those types of players. Also Muzzin is better defensively so that'll be good for the defence.

All we can do is hope

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll