SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Thoughts on Schneider's demotion

Nov. 19, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
It is honestly quite sad. Was a top goalie in the league just a few years ago, putting up great numbers, and even did well on the Devils for 2 years. Then the hip injuries came, and he has been swiss cheese since. It doesn't help New Jersey doesn't have very good defense. Now he will spend time in Binghamton, until a call up comes, and that is, IF a call up comes. Maybe New Jersey will do better with Domingue, who is an average backup, and I might say he is better than Schneider right now. Schneider is around the bottom of the league in GSAA (Goals Saved Above Expectation), basically how he does compared to an average NHL goalie. There is a chance Schneider returns to form, but that is wishful thinking, and it is no surprise nobody claimed him off waivers.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:17 p.m.
torontos finest
yeah he got injured a lot and is now bad.
hanson493 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 12:43 a.m.
It's crazy, but his best years were wasted serving as Luongo's backup and on a bottom tier Devils team. He was elite for about a 5 year stretch. My guess is that he'll get another shot and finish out the season with the big club before being bought out next summer. I don't think anyone expects Louis D to light it up in the crease anyway.

The Devils now have one of the most promising young Goalies in Blackwood anyway. Maybe Schneider will sign a contract to be a backup somewhere else next season, but I'm afraid his days of being a #1 are history. The game against Tampa a few weeks ago when he allowed 7G on like 25 shots was the final straw. He looked slow and his confidence clearly is not there.
Zetna liked this.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:55 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
yeah he got injured a lot and is now bad.

Quoting: Brian2016
It's crazy, but his best years were wasted serving as Luongo's backup and on a bottom tier Devils team. He was elite for about a 5 year stretch. My guess is that he'll get another shot and finish out the season with the big club before being bought out next summer. I don't think anyone expects Louis D to light it up in the crease anyway.

The Devils now have one of the most promising young Goalies in Blackwood anyway. Maybe Schneider will sign a contract to be a backup somewhere else next season, but I'm afraid his days of being a #1 are history. The game against Tampa a few weeks ago when he allowed 7G on like 25 shots was the final straw. He looked slow and his confidence clearly is not there.

Schneiders unfortunate injury history has killed his career. MAYBE if he takes some time off and rehabs fully and gets 100% healthy he might be able to pull a Halak and rejuvenate his career at the end but idk. Also Schneider still has 3 years left on his deal at 6m aav. thats a tough hit.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
Schneiders unfortunate injury history has killed his career. MAYBE if he takes some time off and rehabs fully and gets 100% healthy he might be able to pull a Halak and rejuvenate his career at the end but idk. Also Schneider still has 3 years left on his deal at 6m aav. thats a tough hit.

It's a tough hit, but at least the structure of the contract allows for a buyout. Devils would pay $2M per season for 4 years. Sounds better than $6M for 2 more years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll