Nylander, W.
Kerfoot, A.
Johnsson, A.
Kapanen, K.
Penalty Kill 1
Penalty Kill 2
Ceci, C.

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:38 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: BigDog91
No brainers
Mcdavid
Mackinnon
Crosby
Bergeon

He is no better then because they play more complete game

Barkov
Schiefele

That will make him seven but.

I would say u could argue

Point is better overall player. Struggling at start but so was whole team

Eichel is playing on worst team and putting up equal point totals and is better defensively.

Malkin proving he can carry a depleted pens team by himself. Can Mathews do that? He can’t carry a stacked leaf team.

Petterson and aho maybe not now but could be and I think petterson is already.

ROR not offensively but shown he is one of the best two way centers and can carry team to a cup.

So I would but him outside the top ten and that has a lot to do with him being a liability in his own end.

You can easily make a case for a lot of different guys for the 7-20 spot in the nhl for best center. Some people focus only on scoring. Some people only focus on corsi and advanced stats and ignore what’s actually happening. Some people like complete players. Some people like winners (cups). It’s all opinions just some people base their off facts and others off fairytales ha
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:40 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: mondo
its been like 6 hours, how are you still mad

It was impossible not to I had to shoot my shot haha
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:43 p.m.
Banned
No brainers
Mcdavid
Mackinnon
Crosby
Bergeon

Barkov
Schiefele

Eichel is playing on worst team and putting up equal point totals and is better defensively.

Malkin proving he can carry a depleted pens team by himself. Can Mathews do that? He can’t carry a stacked leaf team.

ROR not offensively but shown he is one of the best two way centers and can carry team to a cup.

So I would but him outside the top ten and that has a lot to do with him being a liability in his own end.

Well said, I didn't have time to type out this analysis lol
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:51 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
You can easily make a case for a lot of different guys for the 7-20 spot in the nhl for best center. Some people focus only on scoring. Some people only focus on corsi and advanced stats and ignore what’s actually happening. Some people like complete players. Some people like winners (cups). It’s all opinions just some people base their off facts and others off fairytales ha

he is not a liability in his own end. every single player you mentioned plays on a line with better teammates than Matthews has ever had. Prime malkin was better. "Carrying" the penguins into having 2 more points than the leafs who are struggling worse than ever. Point plays with freakin kuch and stammer and still can't produce at a higher p/pg and g/pg. Scheifele is not better, and again plays with wheeler every year.

Anyways, the entire basis of your argument is wrong. Matthews doesn't play with better players than any of these guys, and you clearly can't wrap your head around the fact that Matthews is good in his own end. Not saying he's Crosby or Bergeron on D, but he's no liability in his own end, thats for sure. Believe me, I watch nearly every leafs game, and every night Matthews is the most dominant all across the board- he plays well in his own end. You can't blame all the defensive dysfunction of the team on Matthews. in this 5 game skid where the rest of the team has been terrible, he has 5pts in 8 games, and has a +/- of +2.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67

he is not a liability in his own end. every single player you mentioned plays on a line with better teammates than Matthews has ever had. Prime malkin was better. "Carrying" the penguins into having 2 more points than the leafs who are struggling worse than ever. Point plays with freakin kuch and stammer and still can't produce at a higher p/pg and g/pg. Scheifele is not better, and again plays with wheeler every year.

Anyways, the entire basis of your argument is wrong. Matthews doesn't play with better players than any of these guys, and you clearly can't wrap your head around the fact that Matthews is good in his own end. Not saying he's Crosby or Bergeron on D, but he's no liability in his own end, thats for sure. Believe me, I watch nearly every leafs game, and every night Matthews is the most dominant all across the board- he plays well in his own end. You can't blame all the defensive dysfunction of the team on Matthews. in this 5 game skid where the rest of the team has been terrible, he has 5pts in 8 games, and has a +/- of +2.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
No brainers
Mcdavid
Mackinnon
Crosby
Bergeon

Barkov
Schiefele

Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
HockeyFan777
Quoting: leafs101

Couldn’t agree more with yah on this one, everyone tells me that the +/- stat is meaningless but no it shows how many goals +/- that u have been on the ice for or against
leafs101 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:55 p.m.
Quoting: bsilk18
My proof is that he isn't ever in the conversation with the top 6 lol... I don't even think most people would call Tavares a top 6 guy, especially after what's happening now that he left NYI and how well they are doing without him. So top 5 is set. 6 to 10 im not sure, but the point is that Matthews should have been around 9 million at most, and I think many think Tavares was a slight overpay at 11 also... Im not anti-leafs, I actually enjoy watching Matthews, but Im just being realistic

Tavares took a discount for Toronto as a UFA... scored 47 goals last year. 9 mil at the most you've got to be joking
Nov. 19, 2019 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: Leafboy101
Couldn’t agree more with yah on this one, everyone tells me that the +/- stat is meaningless but no it shows how many goals +/- that u have been on the ice for or against

I think its only useful in certain situations... when the team around you is playing awful but you're still on for more goals than against it shows your impact, or else you and your line mates impact. but in Matthew's case, he's by far the best player on his line

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll