MTL says NO like always

Created by: Wqrrior
Team: 2019-20 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 20, 2019
Published: Nov. 20, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
i don't understand this fanbase

caufield is good, but he isn't your next generational player.
a mike hoffman 2.0 / brock boeser equivalent at best

suddenly he is being hyped as better than hughes, kakko and all the remaining players of that class.
Even those two players have struggled since coming into the NHL, and they are more sized than this prospect.
Trades
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$82,415,475$0$3,057,500-$915,475
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 3
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 20, 2019 at 8:20 p.m.
Its MTL. The fans have always been this way and always will be
Wqrrior liked this.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 8:35 p.m.
Who's he being traded for when they refuse ? Hall ?

So we're supposed to be overjoyed with trading our best prospect for a pending UFA who likely doesn't re-sign with the team in the summer ?
Nov. 20, 2019 at 8:37 p.m.
Quoting: LumberJacques
Who's he being traded for when they refuse ? Hall ?

So we're supposed to be overjoyed with trading our best prospect for a pending UFA who likely doesn't re-sign with the team in the summer ?

This is by far the hardest fanbase to negotiate with on this platform. I don't think the sense of trade value is understood because everyone who wears the habs sweater or is expected to immediately is elevated beyond their real worth by the fans. Obviously we don't expect a trade for someone who doesn't work just because the value is fair, however the value being placed on Caufield is immediately far greater than it should be. He's no McDavid... Eichel... Draisaitl... Pettersson
You won't be getting a Galchenyuk for Domi trade every time.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 8:41 p.m.
accidental post
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:09 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Wqrrior
This is by far the hardest fanbase to negotiate with on this platform. I don't think the sense of trade value is understood because everyone who wears the habs sweater or is expected to immediately is elevated beyond their real worth by the fans. Obviously we don't expect a trade for someone who doesn't work just because the value is fair, however the value being placed on Caufield is immediately far greater than it should be. He's no McDavid... Eichel... Draisaitl... Pettersson

Or maybe some people just don’t want Hall. You can’t blame people/a team for not wanting to make a trade. Just because some people think it’s a good trade on paper doesn’t necessarily mean you should do it. That said, there are a considerable amount of habs fans that are complete idiots.

I personally am high on Caufield, but this is because I was high on him before the draft (I had him ranked 5th). People are entitled to their opinions on players, especially prospects, because they’ve never played in the NHL. The ridiculous people are those that changed their opinion on Caufield immediately after the draft (negatively or positively) without any hockey played at all.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:12 p.m.
I hate when people generalize a fanbase. A couple cooky nuts on Capfriendly are not a entire fanbase.
LumberJacques and EzioUchiha liked this.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:17 p.m.

There are 2 points here that probably explain this.

Firstly the Habs fanbase is very, very large and tend to be divided on many issues. There will always be at least 1 who disagrees on just about anything someone proposes. I definitely get how that would seem frustrating from the outside, although believe me it often feels worse from the inside.

Secondly the Habs are currently doing very well and most fans probably don't see the need to rock the boat too much. Also the team has basically never had a good prospect pool (except for the class of 2007) since the early 90's and are therefore quite protective of it. Impatience has really been the bane of previous GMs and done more harm than good in the past imo *cough* McDonough for Gomez. Also trading multiple 1st and 2nd round picks for quick fixes when they should instead have been building around Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Markov and Plekanec with youth. Many of us fans would like them to have learned from those mistakes and not repeat them.

P.S. sorry about the long read, I just feel it's better I try to explain as thoroughly as I can to avoid as many misunderstandings as possible.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
I hate when people generalize a fanbase. A couple cooky nuts on Capfriendly are not a entire fanbase.

" hardest fanbase to negotiate with on this platform"
I referred to the small percentage of the fanbase that posts on this platform. Not the overall fanbase. And "hardest" doesn't mean everyone who comes here.

as to @kotkaniemi15 , I wasn't specifically referring to Hall in a trade. I don't even slightly expect that Cole will be traded any time in the next couple years at all - it's very rare first round picks are traded within 1-3 seasons to begin with. I'd be higher on the face in your profile or Suzuki over Caufield though - I find it difficult to believe he has what it takes to really succeed in this league. I am in common ground with the "The ridiculous people are those that changed their opinion on Caufield immediately after the draft (negatively or positively) without any hockey played at all." statement.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:20 p.m.
editout - another double post
Nov. 20, 2019 at 9:23 p.m.
Quoting: LumberJacques
There are 2 points here that probably explain this.

Firstly the Habs fanbase is very, very large and tend to be divided on many issues. There will always be at least 1 who disagrees on just about anything someone proposes. I definitely get how that would seem frustrating from the outside, although believe me it often feels worse from the inside.

Secondly the Habs are currently doing very well and most fans probably don't see the need to rock the boat too much. Also the team has basically never had a good prospect pool (except for the class of 2007) since the early 90's and are therefore quite protective of it. Impatience has really been the bane of previous GMs and done more harm than good in the past imo *cough* McDonough for Gomez. Also trading multiple 1st and 2nd round picks for quick fixes when they should instead have been building around Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Markov and Plekanec with youth. Many of us fans would like them to have learned from those mistakes and not repeat them.

P.S. sorry about the long read, I just feel it's better I try to explain as thoroughly as I can to avoid as many misunderstandings as possible.

I think my point overall is, don't be making this kid look like the next McDavid type player just because he is a Habs prospect. If he was drafted by pretty much any other team his value would be practically invisible, nevermind boasted about as seemingly self-proclaimed best prospect in the league. Appreciate your explanation though.
LumberJacques liked this.
Nov. 20, 2019 at 10:05 p.m.
" hardest fanbase to negotiate with on this platform"
I referred to the small percentage of the fanbase that posts on this platform. Not the overall fanbase. And "hardest" doesn't mean everyone who comes here.

as to @kotkaniemi15 , I wasn't specifically referring to Hall in a trade. I don't even slightly expect that Cole will be traded any time in the next couple years at all - it's very rare first round picks are traded within 1-3 seasons to begin with. I'd be higher on the face in your profile or Suzuki over Caufield though - I find it difficult to believe he has what it takes to really succeed in this league. I am in common ground with the "The ridiculous people are those that changed their opinion on Caufield immediately after the draft (negatively or positively) without any hockey played at all." statement.

You aren't quoting anything I said or anything you said in your description so I have no idea what you are referencing.

All I know is because of a couple people on CF who value him highly, "I don't understand this fanbase". How about I disagree with X person and Y person?

I wouldn't trade Caulfield for Hall either for what its worth. Doesn't mean CC is right now worth more than Hall or better than he is. Just means I would rather keep Caulfield and risk to see what he turns into at the cost of not getting Hall. My interest in seeing what he becomes outweighs what we'd get in Hall IMO.

Also I'm not saying CC will be a lock to be a superstar but than again, saying he won't be is just as naive. Debrincat wasn't supposed to be a better goal scorer than Jesse Puljujarvi yet here we are.

Frankly, one of the main reasons you don't see many Habs fans wanting Hall (especially considered Caulfield always seems to be going the other way) is simply because the team already has a ton of forward depth. If Hall was a 26 minute a night 50-60 point left handed dman? I think you'd see a much more divisive response from Montreal fans...... Habs don't really need another winger plus they have to give up their most prized prospect?
Nov. 20, 2019 at 11:08 p.m.
Boris Bagel
have you been partying with Bobby Ryan? time to get some help
Nov. 20, 2019 at 11:45 p.m.
I think my point overall is, don't be making this kid look like the next McDavid type player just because he is a Habs prospect. If he was drafted by pretty much any other team his value would be practically invisible, nevermind boasted about as seemingly self-proclaimed best prospect in the league. Appreciate your explanation though.

Quoting: papishark

The thing is Cole Caufield could potentially fill out one of the 2 main needs of the Habs (PP and LHD). This is why Caufield is highly regarded by the Habs, especially after that Shaw for "DeBrincat" even though there's no guarantee they would've drafted DeBrincat had they kept their pick. Although I do agree that some Habs fan from AGM tends to overvalue it by thinking he's the next Maurice Rocket Richard. (as a Habs fan, it's very annoying to see a post where fellow Habs fan thinks Jesse Ylonen is "A prospect")

However, just because some fans say one thing doesn't mean the ENTIRE fanbase will agree upon that. I mean...EVERY fanbase has some fans that overvalued their favourite team's players but those fans don't represent the entire fanbase.

Believe me, right before the 2019 draft, I read an AGM post in which a Devils fans said their team's 2019 1st overall pick is worth at least Elias Pettersson and Vancouver's 2019 1st round pick.

Here are some other examples.,,
Overvaluing Ryan Murray or Kevin Fiala.
Timo Meier being worth a huge package because of his one good year.
Ryan Strome being overvalued just after 1 good season.
Rental Taylor Hall having more way value than a signed Mark Stone.
Shane Bowers valued as an "A prospect"

etc.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 7:07 a.m.
Habs fan somehow
Quoting: papishark

And what exactly is it that you know about MTL that proves your point?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll