Forums/Armchair-GM

KEEFE WILL TRANSFORM THE LEAFS INTO POWERHOUSE TEAM

Created by: TMLSage
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 21, 2019
Published: Nov. 21, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Sheldon Keefe has an incredible winning record as a hockey coach and he is going to transform the Leafs into a Powerhouse team. He is not afraid to think outside the box in making coaching decisions and I expect a number of coaching changes and total trust in his players who will go to war for him.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$69,254,143$0$70,000$12,245,857
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 21, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Maybe they should have. Fire both.

im sorry the stats boy wasn't fired because he didn't sign pylon mcroadsign to stand in front of andersen for 25 minutes a night
Nov. 21, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: mondo
im sorry the stats boy wasn't fired because he didn't sign pylon mcroadsign to stand in front of andersen for 25 minutes a night

What? Dubas hired a bunch of trash d men
Nov. 21, 2019 at 12:04 p.m.
Banned
You’re being really sensitive about this and i don’t quite understand why. It’s a legitimate criticism of the team. When a team has three of the highest paid players in the league, and have yet to win a playoff series, it’s going to be a talking point. Right now no other team has a two headed monster at center like Toronto, and Toronto has paid for it...but they can’t get over the hump and find success. I think it’s reasonable to question what things the team are lacking that are preventing them from having post season success. Personally, I think the general has built a flawed team that is predicated on a high powered offense, at the expense of being able to keep the puck out of their net. I don’t think that’s a winning formula. How is that trolling?

So just to point something out there. The 3 players making so much money and haven't won a playoff round thing. Lets look at just that statement shall we? You say that like they've had these contracts for a decade and nothing to show for it. Both Marner and Matthews had their contracts start this season. They haven't been this expensive until now, so to say what you say like its been 1st round disappointment after first round disappointment is a joke. The team was last in the league 4 seasons ago. They are the 4th youngest team, have loads of talent and are playing way below what they are capable of.

The Dubas sucks sentiment is even more laughable. The guy inherited a very good roster but had to deal with several bad contracts. Matt Martin, Zaitsev, Marleau. All signed by Lou who gets nothing but love from Troll nation. Dubas managed to get out from under that. He built a team that should be a transition and possession monster but it was coached like the team was filled with slow grinders by a guy again, he didn't pick.

Look, I know how much you want to see TO fail. Its clear every time you chime in with how bad you think they are, but at least come up with some original content. Just saying whatever the troll nation rhetoric of the day is, is just lazy.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 12:05 p.m.
torontos finest

false. toronto didn't sign any of their current defensemen in free agency, therefore they weren't "hired" per say.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Banned

Lol, Muzzin is a trash dman? Rielly? Barrie as well (He hasn't played well but his body of work shows he's good). Dermott has been terrific and Holl has looked serviceable, even Ceci has been far better than advertised. I know you guys like to says its defenceman and that's all but like most of the stuff you say, its just regurgitated lazy ill informed trolling. No one player can make a team good defensively. Sure players can impact that but if the system is broken, and the strategy doesn't fit the personnel. You can't say individual players are the problem. But understanding that comes when you understand the game and most of the people that like to shout on here just don't understand the game.

Look at Chara for example if he didn't have a great system and cohesive team to support him, I'd wager he'd get destroyed on a nightly basis by any fast team. But in the Boston system, he can do what he is still good at, and stay simple because he knows that everyone else is where they are supposed to be. Babs wasn't able to figure out a system that works for the players he has and that comes down to an older successful coach who's ego didn't let him evolve with his players. It happens all the time, look how many guys find success only to refuse to deviate from what made them successful despite the world around them changing.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Lol, Muzzin is a trash dman? Rielly? Barrie as well (He hasn't played well but his body of work shows he's good). Dermott has been terrific and Holl has looked serviceable, even Ceci has been far better than advertised. I know you guys like to says its defenceman and that's all but like most of the stuff you say, its just regurgitated lazy ill informed trolling. No one player can make a team good defensively. Sure players can impact that but if the system is broken, and the strategy doesn't fit the personnel. You can't say individual players are the problem. But understanding that comes when you understand the game and most of the people that like to shout on here just don't understand the game.

Look at Chara for example if he didn't have a great system and cohesive team to support him, I'd wager he'd get destroyed on a nightly basis by any fast team. But in the Boston system, he can do what he is still good at, and stay simple because he knows that everyone else is where they are supposed to be. Babs wasn't able to figure out a system that works for the players he has and that comes down to an older successful coach who's ego didn't let him evolve with his players. It happens all the time, look how many guys find success only to refuse to deviate from what made them successful despite the world around them changing.

Did dubas have anything to do with Rielly? Sounds like with all these stud d men, they should be a lock for the cup! Or you’ve got a delusional outlook towards your own team, and they’re not that good....which is why they lose
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.
Bcarlo25
false. toronto didn't sign any of their current defensemen in free agency, therefore they weren't "hired" per say.

?
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
torontos finest
?

brandon carlo out for 4-5 months due to facts and logic
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
Bcarlo25
So just to point something out there. The 3 players making so much money and haven't won a playoff round thing. Lets look at just that statement shall we? You say that like they've had these contracts for a decade and nothing to show for it. Both Marner and Matthews had their contracts start this season. They haven't been this expensive until now, so to say what you say like its been 1st round disappointment after first round disappointment is a joke. The team was last in the league 4 seasons ago. They are the 4th youngest team, have loads of talent and are playing way below what they are capable of.

The Dubas sucks sentiment is even more laughable. The guy inherited a very good roster but had to deal with several bad contracts. Matt Martin, Zaitsev, Marleau. All signed by Lou who gets nothing but love from Troll nation. Dubas managed to get out from under that. He built a team that should be a transition and possession monster but it was coached like the team was filled with slow grinders by a guy again, he didn't pick.

Look, I know how much you want to see TO fail. Its clear every time you chime in with how bad you think they are, but at least come up with some original content. Just saying whatever the troll nation rhetoric of the day is, is just lazy.

I remember why I don’t find it worthwhile conversing with you. I’ve said about a hundred times it’s better for the league if the leafs are good. They aren’t. They’re bad. They’re bad despite having elite talent. That’s on the gm. Sorry I’m not giving credit for him throwing first round picks at teams to get rid of contracts. Dubas is just another stat guy who’s doing what stat guys do best: lose. Dubas tried to build a team to play a certain way. They lose. Maybe he changes, maybe he doesn’t. Right now, his method is a failure. That’s indisputable.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
Bcarlo25
brandon carlo out for 4-5 months due to facts and logic

You’re really splitting hairs if you’re saying dubas didn’t hire ceci.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.
Banned
Did dubas have anything to do with Rielly? Sounds like with all these stud d men, they should be a lock for the cup! Or you’ve got a delusional outlook towards your own team, and they’re not that good....which is why they lose

Everyone and their dog saw a team with immense talent that should be a lock to make the playoffs and had an expectation to go deep. Their coach wouldn't bend when his process wasn't working and the team couldn't take it anymore. Say whatever you want man and pretend that you are so smart. You're just a clown of troll nation getting kicks by chirping other fans. Whenever your name is on a post we can be certain of two things, any defenceman in question (unless they play for the Leafs) is worth an insane price and you'll spew anti leaf rhetoric like you have original ideas of your own. You're a clown.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:29 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Everyone and their dog saw a team with immense talent that should be a lock to make the playoffs and had an expectation to go deep. Their coach wouldn't bend when his process wasn't working and the team couldn't take it anymore. Say whatever you want man and pretend that you are so smart. You're just a clown of troll nation getting kicks by chirping other fans. Whenever your name is on a post we can be certain of two things, any defenceman in question (unless they play for the Leafs) is worth an insane price and you'll spew anti leaf rhetoric like you have original ideas of your own. You're a clown.

Do you not see how pathetically sensitive you look when someone lays out a reasonable opinion about why they think a team that’s losing is losing you think they’re a troll?

Your team is a losing team. I don’t think firing the coach will fix everything. Get over it.

You’re ten ply
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:33 p.m.
Banned
I remember why I don’t find it worthwhile conversing with you. I’ve said about a hundred times it’s better for the league if the leafs are good. They aren’t. They’re bad. They’re bad despite having elite talent. That’s on the gm. Sorry I’m not giving credit for him throwing first round picks at teams to get rid of contracts. Dubas is just another stat guy who’s doing what stat guys do best: lose. Dubas tried to build a team to play a certain way. They lose. Maybe he changes, maybe he doesn’t. Right now, his method is a failure. That’s indisputable.

So you admit they have elite talent but they are bad and thats the GM's fault? He surrounds Babcock with elite talent and skill and they can't score on the powerplay, can't keep the puck out of their net on the PK and they are never prepared and when asked about changing things up the coach says we just need to be better and changes nothing. Yeah definitely the GM pulling all those strings there. You are just a joke.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:36 p.m.
Banned
Do you not see how pathetically sensitive you look when someone lays out a reasonable opinion about why they think a team that’s losing is losing you think they’re a troll?

Your team is a losing team. I don’t think firing the coach will fix everything. Get over it.

You’re ten ply

Lol, your "reasonable opinion" is just troll nation BS that is not at all thought out or even remotely accurate. And when someone throws it back at you, you whine about them being sensitive and then cry about it before lobbing a really well thought out "You're ten ply". Your wisdom and clever retorts are as lacking as the rest of your mindless drivel. If you don't like people calling out your poor troll jobs, you could....you know, just stop trolling. But then again you'll say angrily that you aren't a troll and then toss some lazy insult.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 5:46 p.m.
Bcarlo25
So you admit they have elite talent but they are bad and thats the GM's fault? He surrounds Babcock with elite talent and skill and they can't score on the powerplay, can't keep the puck out of their net on the PK and they are never prepared and when asked about changing things up the coach says we just need to be better and changes nothing. Yeah definitely the GM pulling all those strings there. You are just a joke.

Imagine If the Bruins had that top line but trash on the back end and kept losing? That would be Sweeney’s fault. Anyway, if you’re just going to end every post with, “your a joke,” because I have an opinion about why the leafs are a losing hockey team, I’m done here.

I think you’re upset your team is doing poorly and are getting defensive. That’s kinda sad.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 6:47 p.m.
Banned
Imagine If the Bruins had that top line but trash on the back end and kept losing? That would be Sweeney’s fault. Anyway, if you’re just going to end every post with, “your a joke,” because I have an opinion about why the leafs are a losing hockey team, I’m done here.

I think you’re upset your team is doing poorly and are getting defensive. That’s kinda sad.

I have been vocally against Babs for a while, his style and stubbornness cost him his job. Keefe will implement changes that'll right them. Remember what happened to st Louis last year? You should, they beat you guys in the playoffs.

It was a terrific final but St Louis was a team many picked to be really good at the start of the season and were much worse than TO has been before turning it around and winning the cup.

To just flat out say Babs wasn't at all a problem is a joke and completely ignores everything that is relevant to what is ailing the Leafs. Which is why your opinion is just a trolls opinion.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 6:53 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I have been vocally against Babs for a while, his style and stubbornness cost him his job. Keefe will implement changes that'll right them. Remember what happened to st Louis last year? You should, they beat you guys in the playoffs.

It was a terrific final but St Louis was a team many picked to be really good at the start of the season and were much worse than TO has been before turning it around and winning the cup.

To just flat out say Babs wasn't at all a problem is a joke and completely ignores everything that is relevant to what is ailing the Leafs. Which is why your opinion is just a trolls opinion.

K. Never said habs wasn’t a problem. Literally never.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll