M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 21, 2019 at 2:48 p.m.
KFTW
Shouldve just traded down at the draft instead of pulling a Chiarelli move. Oh well, im done for the day. Off to McDonalds wink
CD282 liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
Who adds what?
I don't suppose you'd add Puljujarvi to that? smile smile smile
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Shouldve just traded down at the draft instead of pulling a Chiarelli move. Oh well, im done for the day. Off to McDonalds wink

Exactly what I was saying a month before the draft, but it was for different reasons, Funny if the announcers had to say McDavid to McMichael
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Copenhagen
Exactly what I was saying a month before the draft, but it was for different reasons, Funny if the announcers had to say McDavid to McMichael

head to McDonalds
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:29 p.m.
Ik this isn't serious, but WSH likely rejects...
Eli liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:32 p.m.
head to McDonalds

What a great new sponser
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:33 p.m.
Quoting: AFOX10900
Ik this isn't serious, but WSH likely rejects...

Seriously, reject. He is a future number 1 D ahhahahahha reject
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.

Michael was probably the best pick in the first round has been one of the 3-5 best players in the Q for an insanely overrated boom of bust type prospect who doesn't have the ceiling of more than like a third pairing guy...
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:47 p.m.
Who adds what?

Caps' can't-miss prospects at LHD: Djoos, Siegenthaler, Alexeyev, Johansen, Fehervary.

Caps' can't-miss prospects at every other position: Samsonov (g), Vanecek (g), Sutter (RW), Leason (RW) McMichael (C), Lewington? (RD). Who did I miss?

Also, stats this year:
name, league, gp, pts
McMichael, OHL, 18, 43
Broberg, SweHL, 18, 3

The Caps are not able to reasonably consider a one for one at this time, due to team needs, various positional depth charts, and are you out of your mind.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.
Quoting: Eli
Caps' can't-miss prospects at LHD: Djoos, Siegenthaler, Alexeyev, Johansen, Fehervary.

Caps' can't-miss prospects at every other position: Samsonov (g), Vanecek (g), Sutter (RW), Leason (RW) McMichael (C), Lewington? (RD). Who did I miss?

Also, stats this year:
name, league, gp, pts
McMichael, OHL, 18, 43
Broberg, SweHL, 18, 3

The Caps are not able to reasonably consider a one for one at this time, due to team needs, various positional depth charts, and are you out of your mind.

The guy that wants to trade Broberg is out of his mind!
CD282 liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.

Also, stats this year:
name, league, gp, pts
McMichael, OHL, 18, 43
Broberg, SweHL, 18, 3

18 year old playing D in Sweden's elite league against an 18 year old junior player in his 3rd year. No doubt I liked McMichael for a long time, but trading him for the "lidstrom comparison" guy is pretty crazy IMO
CD282 liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
Who adds what?
18 year old playing D in Sweden's elite league against an 18 year old junior player in his 3rd year. No doubt I liked McMichael for a long time, but trading him for the "lidstrom comparison" guy is pretty crazy IMO

Djoos is doing fine in Hershey, if you want to talk about smooth-skating offensive defensemen who don't hit. smile
Nov. 21, 2019 at 4:45 p.m.
Djoos is doing fine in Hershey, if you want to talk about smooth-skating offensive defensemen who don't hit. smile

Lidstrom hardly hit as well, I will take him on my team any day. Lucic was top 5 in the league in hits last year!
Eli and CD282 liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 5:10 p.m.
Capology Master
head to McDonalds

grab a McMuffin
Nov. 21, 2019 at 5:34 p.m.
Who adds what?
Lidstrom hardly hit as well, I will take him on my team any day.

Lidstrom led defensemen in points and plus minus for a few years in a row. Broberg is -4, but I'm sure he'll improve. Just not necessarily while Ovechkin still wants to play in the NHL, so it's irrelevant. He is 100% going to be an impact player in Edmonton during the McDavid era. Don't panic.

Lucic was top 5 in the league in hits last year!

Lucic is paid like a goal scorer. Put him on a 2.5M contract like a normal checking wing and this board will blow up with trade offers for him, even though he can barely ice skate. Just look at that kid in Vegas.

Djoos is further along, but with a lower ceiling than Broberg, playing a similar style, with a left shot, playing either side. He lost the #6 spot to Siegenthaler who is big, tough, and decent at killing penalties. And the Caps are doing fine right now. If anything, Broberg might fetch Djoos and a 3rd from Washington. Probably more from a team that cares, but the Caps would just see him as a trade-chip, if they're all in to get another Cup while the five best players in their franchise history are still together.

Is there an easy swap that gets you McMichael, when he's the first forward the Caps have taken in the first round since Vrana? No.

But how much do you want him?

How about McMichael and Panik for Khaira, Yamamoto, Bouchard, and Maksimov?

How about McMichael, Holtby, and Backstrom for Draisaitl?

Nobody's untouchable, not even McMichael, but telling me how good Broberg might get one day isn't going to change the Caps' depth chart.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 6:37 p.m.
Lidstrom led defensemen in points and plus minus for a few years in a row. Broberg is -4, but I'm sure he'll improve. Just not necessarily while Ovechkin still wants to play in the NHL, so it's irrelevant. He is 100% going to be an impact player in Edmonton during the McDavid era. Don't panic.

Lucic is paid like a goal scorer. Put him on a 2.5M contract like a normal checking wing and this board will blow up with trade offers for him, even though he can barely ice skate. Just look at that kid in Vegas.

Djoos is further along, but with a lower ceiling than Broberg, playing a similar style, with a left shot, playing either side. He lost the #6 spot to Siegenthaler who is big, tough, and decent at killing penalties. And the Caps are doing fine right now. If anything, Broberg might fetch Djoos and a 3rd from Washington. Probably more from a team that cares, but the Caps would just see him as a trade-chip, if they're all in to get another Cup while the five best players in their franchise history are still together.

Is there an easy swap that gets you McMichael, when he's the first forward the Caps have taken in the first round since Vrana? No.

Nobody's untouchable, not even McMichael, but telling me how good Broberg might get one day isn't going to change the Caps' depth chart.

I only wanted Connor McMichael just so the announcers would have problems if they were on the same line, those 2 trades are both terrible! Backstrom and Holtby are a couple years away from retirement, The other trade kills our immediate other 2 number 1 D and Pannik is a 3rd liner
Nov. 21, 2019 at 6:40 p.m.

I wouldnt want Lucic for 1 million, he shouldnt even be in the NHL anymore. I have seen him lots, he is brutal
Eli liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
Who adds what?
Edited Nov. 21, 2019 at 7:02 p.m.
I only wanted Connor McMichael just so the announcers would have problems if they were on the same line, those 2 trades are both terrible! Backstrom and Holtby are a couple years away from retirement, The other trade kills our immediate other 2 number 1 D and Pannik is a 3rd liner

Backstrom is a top 30 center in the NHL in points each of the last how many years? He's almost 32, yeah. Draisaitl is awesome with McDavid, sure, but Backstrom is another playmaking center who elevates guys around him. I think Backstrom and Holtby together are a championship or two on a silver platter. Holtby is one of the best playoff goalies of the last decade. Pick your stat, and he's solid when it counts. Obviously Draisaitl is way younger, so that's why you can get McMichael.

Panik got 44 points as a 2nd liner in Chicago, and about 35 each of the last two years as a 2nd liner in Arizona. If he played with the kinds of centers in Edmonton, he could still break 40 this year, maybe push for 50 each of the next few. He's great on PK and he checks a reasonable amount without getting out of position like Lucic. Edit: in the Caps' bottom six, he's playing all defense, no offense, just like Chiasson did.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll