SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who is the next coach to be fired

Who will be the next fired coach?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 21, 2019 at 10:59 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Calgary Flames have been outscored 14-0 in their last three road games and 20-3 in their past 5 games
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 21, 2019 at 11:19 p.m.
torontos finest
Going to guess Hynes.
Brian2016 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:23 a.m.
Quoting: mondo
Going to guess Hynes.

Hynes' days are clearly numbered. He absolutely needs to go. Devils fans have completely lost faith in hum. Hall has 2G and the overall offense has been abysmal. They're lost and confused in the offensive zone.

I'm not sure that I see any other coaches being fired in the immediate future. MIN and DET will probably wait until the summer to make changes.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:28 a.m.
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Calgary Flames have been outscored 14-0 in their last three road games and 20-3 in their past 5 games

Peters seems to have the reputation of being a top coach. I think the Flames need a change immediately, but I don't see it happening right now. Clearly their roster needs a shakeup. Treliving has butchered this roster and their key players are underperforming big time.
SpaghettiPasta and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 24, 2019 at 7:38 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'm going to guess DeBoer in San Jose. I still think the Sharks will join my Kings at the bottom of the table. This is a team with MAYBE six good forwards and suspect defense and goaltending; that isn't entirely DeBoer's fault but he's made the least out of a team their fans believe was going to contend this year, and they also believe Doug Wilson (who deserves an equal share of the blame for the bad record) is a genius, so DeBoer is going to be the scapegoat.
SpaghettiPasta and Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 2:24 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I'm going to guess DeBoer in San Jose. I still think the Sharks will join my Kings at the bottom of the table. This is a team with MAYBE six good forwards and suspect defense and goaltending; that isn't entirely DeBoer's fault but he's made the least out of a team their fans believe was going to contend this year, and they also believe Doug Wilson (who deserves an equal share of the blame for the bad record) is a genius, so DeBoer is going to be the scapegoat.

The EK contract was a terrible idea. They missed out on Tavares and felt it necessary to overpay someone else. Only Karlsson is often injured and bad defensively.
SpaghettiPasta and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 7:42 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Not the Flames, since they just hired Peters, and they finished 1st in the west in his 1st season. I’ll go with Laviolette.
Brian2016 and hanson493 liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 8:58 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Not the Flames, since they just hired Peters, and they finished 1st in the west in his 1st season. I’ll go with Laviolette.

I agree. NJD, SJS, and NSH are much more likely to make a change in the near future. And now that Arvidsson is out long term, I think Laviolette is on the hottest hot seat.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Brian2016
I agree. NJD, SJS, and NSH are much more likely to make a change in the near future. And now that Arvidsson is out long term, I think Laviolette is on the hottest hot seat.

I agree, although the Sharks have somewhat turned it around, and I very much doubt they fire DeBoer mid-season.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Nov. 26, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.

I think Peter's days as an NHL head coach are now numbered. Sadly, it has more to do with his current off-ice issues, but he likely won't get the benefit of the doubt b/c of the teams' struggles on the ice . He may never coach again in the NHL if these accusations have any validity. But it's too early to render an opinion.
Nov. 26, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
I think Peter's days as an NHL head coach are now numbered. Sadly, it has more to do with his current off-ice issues, but he likely won't get the benefit of the doubt b/c of the teams' struggles on the ice . He may never coach again in the NHL if these accusations have any validity. But it's too early to render an opinion.

I would be shocked if he was still around by next Monday but IDK. After that... I think it'll be Hynes or Lavy are after for more typically reasons.
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 26, 2019 at 3:23 p.m.

Bill Peters has been unofficially fired. He most likely won't be here next week, and it's not even that bad. In his coaching tenure with the Flames, his system does not do well at all on offense, but it is above average defensively, but it is still not good. Everywhere he has coached, offense has dropped by at least 3%, which is quite large, but defense has remained the same. This is not a bad firing by the Flames, he isn't a good coach, he's just, okay. Doesn't help Calgary is shooting a league-low 6%, and are getting sub .900 SV% goaltending.
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 27, 2019 at 9:56 p.m.
Could Coop actually get fired mid-season? If he does, he'll be out of a job for less that 1 day. I'd love to see him behind the Devils bench!!!
Dec. 1, 2019 at 2:47 a.m.
Fans at the Rock today were chanting "Fire Hynes" all game long. I almost walked out halfway through the 3rd period and I've never done that before. He needs to go ASAP. His postgame interview was sad actually. He's mentally checked out of NJ already.
Dec. 1, 2019 at 8:26 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Fans at the Rock today were chanting "Fire Hynes" all game long. I almost walked out halfway through the 3rd period and I've never done that before. He needs to go ASAP. His postgame interview was sad actually. He's mentally checked out of NJ already.

The thing is your GM is too loyal to coaches so he may not be fired yet. I mean he got axed from Pittsburgh because of it.
Dec. 1, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeylover360
The thing is your GM is too loyal to coaches so he may not be fired yet. I mean he got axed from Pittsburgh because of it.

Agreed. I think there's an excellent chance that Hall is traded before Hynes is fired.
Hockeylover360 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:38 a.m.
Peter DeBoer has to be the next coach out of a job. The Sharks are falling fast. I don't blame him at all for the team's poor play though. Too many bad contracts and poor cap management by Doug Wilson.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 4:11 p.m.
nobody had the stars firing their coach. but in terms of actual on ice success, its gotta be SJ or NAS. one of those 2 will go.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 4:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: hanson493
nobody had the stars firing their coach. but in terms of actual on ice success, its gotta be SJ or NAS. one of those 2 will go.

deboer gets canned first. nashville have been 5-1-2 since their slide in mid-november, so unless they miss the playoffs i think laviolette lasts the season.
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 8:03 p.m.
torontos finest
Peter DeBoer has to be the next coach out of a job. The Sharks are falling fast. I don't blame him at all for the team's poor play though. Too many bad contracts and poor cap management by Doug Wilson.

hey so who thought that deboer getting fired would happen today
Brian2016 and SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 9:45 p.m.
hey so who thought that deboer getting fired would happen today

I'm the blind squirrel today I guess. I predicted last week that Taylor Hall was gonna get traded before Hynes was fired.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 9:49 p.m.
deboer gets canned first. nashville have been 5-1-2 since their slide in mid-november, so unless they miss the playoffs i think laviolette lasts the season.

At least NSH plays in the tougher division. SJS should easily be top 3 in the Pacific w/ their roster. The Preds should def. be better, but they're still 4 games over .500. and 1 point up on the Sharks despite playing 4 fewer games.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 10:29 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
At least NSH plays in the tougher division. SJS should easily be top 3 in the Pacific w/ their roster. The Preds should def. be better, but they're still 4 games over .500. and 1 point up on the Sharks despite playing 4 fewer games.

Right now it could be anyone TBH, with what is going on right now. Based on prefomence, NJ might fire Hynes.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
Right now it could be anyone TBH, with what is going on right now. Based on prefomence, NJ might fire Hynes.

Hynes already got fired.

I'm going to go with Laviolette
Dec. 13, 2019 at 6:07 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Montgomery must have done something really bad ... if not, I don't like the decision. If it was something minor, i'd say they should have talked to him and figured it out in some other way, but i don't know what happened. It must have been something pretty bad if it only happened once.

Edit: Bill Peters was different. I don't think it was the Akim Aliu tweet alone that got him fired. It was that mixed with the other things we heard from Michal Jordan and others, plus the fact that the team was struggling. It sounds like Montgomery did one thing recently, so idk what it was. The team has also been playing well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit