Forums/Armchair-GM

Tell me about these Rangers Prospects

Created by: NoWah49
Team: 2019-20 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 22, 2019
Published: Nov. 22, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Are these guys just underwhelming in their play? Or was this how they were projected to be?
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
6$81,500,000$45,493,489$0$4,900,000$36,006,511
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 22, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Shestyorkin is as good as projected.
Hájek is playing like future 3rd pairing guy. Just like many projected him to be. He could be better of course.
Andersson needs to be in middle-6 role and play more than 7 minutes a night with at least one legit NHL winger not Dman and AHLer.
Howden is good defensive 3C/4C and he does that role well. Many projected him to be better tho. He has tools.
Kravtsov is amazing prospect and you should be patient with him. LOOOTS of skills there.

Chytil.. oh boy is he good.
NoWah49 liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 1:55 p.m.
SammyT_51 said it well.

Shestyorkin: will be in the NHL sooner than later and #1 in NY
Chytil: very good, likely 2nd line center of future, or maybe a great 3rd line C
Kravtsov: tons of talent, demotion to AHL didnt help, hopefully is a wake up while he plays year in Russia. Top 6 skill
Hajek: solid D, likely 3rd line guy or a stay at home player for an offensive defenceman
Howden: personally, not a fan. you can tell he has offensive ability but i believe better suited for a trade, maybe packaged with a Kreider/Strome
Lias: was given a raw deal by coaches in my opinion. But still needs to earn his time. But wasnt given the chance while Howden gets 3rd line minutes. If/when there are trades at TDL, he likely is first callup for bigger minutes.....if he plays well in Hartford.
NoWah49 liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 5:50 p.m.
Shestyorkin: living up to all the talk, maybe even better than we thought. I went to 2 hartford games this season, he played in both. i'm not talking **** here, i totally never seen anyone move as fast as him. he is a highlight reel machine. does let in some bad goals from time to time but who doesn't.

Chytil: playing great of course, i still wonder if he is the 2nd C of the future. i don't see number 1 center, still a chance he could end up on the wing. depending how this years draft goes and if the rangers make any trades. he is becoming a good 2 way player which is so important. we knew he was going to score but to be a stop 5 team in the league the forward need to be solid defensively. which is currently a weakness on this team.

Kravtsov: I recently watch the red wing doc about the russians players. his personality really makes me think of sergei fedorov. Kravtsov has a super star mentality. he might be better off staying in russia another year but i totally think he will be fine, i'm not worried at all. a one two punch on the right side with kakko and Kravtsov is a bright future.

Hajek: i don't think Hajek been bad this season. is he a future top pairing d? no way but he is definitely a NHL player. Hajek on your 3rd pair would be a big win. the question is do the rangers have a top pairing defenseman in their system? i don't know. i 'm excited about miller but it's too early to cement him as that guy yet. he might end up being a 2nd pair d. which is good, not a bad thing. what we do know is brady isn't that guy.

Howden: howden is good, i don't care what bloggers say. 3rd line real center who will play pk and give a team 35-40 points. as long as his future contract is decent he is a keeper.

Andersson: Howden will end up having a much better nhl career. imho. probably needs a change, this coaching staff doesn't trust him.
NoWah49 liked this.
Nov. 23, 2019 at 2:13 a.m.
NoWah49
Quoting: Gregpapas411
Shestyorkin: living up to all the talk, maybe even better than we thought. I went to 2 hartford games this season, he played in both. i'm not talking **** here, i totally never seen anyone move as fast as him. he is a highlight reel machine. does let in some bad goals from time to time but who doesn't.

Chytil: playing great of course, i still wonder if he is the 2nd C of the future. i don't see number 1 center, still a chance he could end up on the wing. depending how this years draft goes and if the rangers make any trades. he is becoming a good 2 way player which is so important. we knew he was going to score but to be a stop 5 team in the league the forward need to be solid defensively. which is currently a weakness on this team.

Kravtsov: I recently watch the red wing doc about the russians players. his personality really makes me think of sergei fedorov. Kravtsov has a super star mentality. he might be better off staying in russia another year but i totally think he will be fine, i'm not worried at all. a one two punch on the right side with kakko and Kravtsov is a bright future.

Hajek: i don't think Hajek been bad this season. is he a future top pairing d? no way but he is definitely a NHL player. Hajek on your 3rd pair would be a big win. the question is do the rangers have a top pairing defenseman in their system? i don't know. i 'm excited about miller but it's too early to cement him as that guy yet. he might end up being a 2nd pair d. which is good, not a bad thing. what we do know is brady isn't that guy.

Howden: howden is good, i don't care what bloggers say. 3rd line real center who will play pk and give a team 35-40 points. as long as his future contract is decent he is a keeper.

Andersson: Howden will end up having a much better nhl career. imho. probably needs a change, this coaching staff doesn't trust him.

If you could pick a 2020 draft prospect you want, who's that player?
Nov. 23, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
Quoting: NoWah49
If you could pick a 2020 draft prospect you want, who's that player?

Quinton Byfield is almost a full year younger then Lafreniere. 1st line centers are the hardest to find. we would need to get really lucky to grab another top 3 pick. the top 30 picks will change a lot by season end like it does every season. we need a top LD and a top LW or center. of course Lafreniere would be great, if we land the first pick probably can't pass on him.

hypothetical future top 2 lines here and some problems we might have.

Panarin - Mika - kakko
this could be one of the top lines in the league, they all score and have great play making abilities. panarin seems to mesh well with anyone he plays with, it's simply amazing lol.

? - Chytil - Kravtsov
the problem with this line is both chytil and kravtsov are shoot first players. both have decent play making ability but chytil isn't the prototypical playmaking center. Kravtsov last season showed he can create for other more than chytil. which is fine, mika is a shoot first center and he very good. Hartford wolfpack really missed an opportunity to play chytil and kravtsov together this season. i was so upset they didn't even try them together for practice. Lafreniere could really work well on that line. Lucas Raymond as well, the line could use a righty. Raymonds another kid that will be gone in the top 5 though.

the bottom 2 lines are going to change so much it's hard to predict on it. Lemieux and Howden are my favorite young players. the team has some players in the pipeline but it's too early to guess who will be good enough to not only make the team but put a contributor. i would re-sign Strome he is only 26, had a few more years in his prime. the team has a ton of good prospects that we all know about but let's not forget that most prospect don't become NHL players. a lot of these guys we have so much hope in aren't going to make it.

i really see gorton packaging some of the prospects for top 6 and top 4 players. that's the move i think is best for the team.
NoWah49 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll