A Athanasiou
T Toffoli
Mi Granlund
O Kase
O Bjorkstrand
J Anderson
J Roslovic

Armchair team below:

Left wing are players I believe Botterill may try to move. Players are ranked in order of who would get the most return in a deal imo.

Right wing are untouchables or players I believe Botterill either can't or won't move.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$81,500,000$79,241,667$0$5,165,000$2,258,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
C
UFA - 1
LD
UFA - 1
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:02 p.m.
Biased Opinion
Toffoli would be the easiest to acquire from your list
sabres1108 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
Quoting: Barbs
Toffoli would be the easiest to acquire from your list

Toffoli for E-Rod+McCabe?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
half of that list are not trade targets bc they are not available
OldNYIfan and Shibbal18 liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:09 p.m.
Quoting: coga16

UT: Untouchable
A: Available (might consider offers/not untouchable - pay additional to obtain )
S: Double Tab: Likely On Block
T Hall
UT: J Gaudreau
UT: A Mantha
UT: R Rakell
A: N Ehlers
UT: P Laine
S: C Kreider
A: J Zucker
A: A Athanasiou <-- nobody knows what this guy's value really is.
S: T Toffoli
A: Mi Granlund
A: O Kase < -- ducts fans probably disagree, i don't think he deserves the "30 goal scorer" hype and should be moved while he has value
UT: O Bjorkstrand
A: J Anderson <-- i doubt CBJ moves him, but something is up with Josh this year.
A: J Roslovic

EDIT: Tabs don't work on this program -.-
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior
A: Available (might consider offers/not untouchable - pay additional to obtain )
T Hall
A: O Kase < -- ducts fans probably disagree, i don't think he deserves the "30 goal scorer" hype and should be moved while he has value
A: J Anderson <-- i doubt CBJ moves him, but something is up with Josh this year.

jets are one of the hottest teams in the west, so I dont think any of their players are available right now to be honest. Ehlers for sure they wouldnt be listening on any offers for but maybe Roslovic
OldNYIfan and aedoran liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:16 p.m.

oh you talked to like 7 different NHL GM's recently?
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:19 p.m.
T Hall

Oliver Bjorkstrand untouchable ?

LMFAO

examples of untouchables are
McDavid
MacKinnon
Eichel
Dahlin
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: sabres1108

Explain the incentive why the Jets would make Laine available for trade? Hes your trade target, explain how you came up with that. Explain how Ehlers is with how good teh jets have been playing lately and where they are in the standings.

Explain why Detroit would move Mantha? Or why would Ducks move Rackell..i can go on
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
jets are one of the hottest teams in the west, so I dont think any of their players are available right now to be honest. Ehlers for sure they wouldnt be listening on any offers for but maybe Roslovic

Teams will pretty much listen to any offer and make the judgement on if a GM believes the team improves as a result. Players labeled as untouchable are those by which moving them almost in every way harms the team.
Then again, I agree that many teams will not actually make the move. But blocking the entire idea is foolish. As to the extent of this post, the players listed could potentially be moved at the right price. Obviously the Ehlers-Ristolainen idea that circulated around here becomes present again (I haven't ever been on board with this idea as a 1for1 - BUF would have to add a Thompson type player).

Overall this thread is more about finding out if you are directly talking about the feasibility of moving these players to Buffalo vs. the availability of the players themselves. Feasibility and availability to me are different, thus my list didn't consider trade value or the returns from the sabres.
Hence, due to the gray area in this topic it's best you rephrase what you mean rather than react harshly/on impulse.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:29 p.m.
Oliver Bjorkstrand untouchable ?

LMFAO

examples of untouchables are
McDavid
MacKinnon
Eichel
Dahlin

Untouchable players may also be those by which are so essential to the organization that they won't be moved unless given a lottery-like load in return.
Oliver's trade value and overall worth to the team as a player is at a point where I cannot see any similar player being moved for him. Another player I see in a similar category is Blake Coleman on NJ or Ekholm on NSH - players that are essential to the team and almost for certain would not be moved (if under the same conditions as Oliver). Where this might change is under pending UFA status - however typically players of this type resign.
This is also why it is almost impossible to make any "fair" trade involving any of the islanders defensemen.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:41 p.m.
Tage Thompson is someone Bots has to at least listen to offers on . And are you aware that guys like Sheary, Bogo, and Sobotka could be considered rentals to another team and he will listen to anything he can get a return on. Vesey IMO will get signed by the end of the season even after his awful start he is someone they traded for with the intention of signing not to let walk. Sam is someone I do not think he will moves unless someone blows him away with an offer and he would give up a lot of the guys on the right before he does Sam.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:46 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Toffoli for E-Rod+McCabe?

I think that we would take that offer.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 3:48 p.m.
Teams will pretty much listen to any offer and make the judgement on if a GM believes the team improves as a result. Players labeled as untouchable are those by which moving them almost in every way harms the team.
Then again, I agree that many teams will not actually make the move. But blocking the entire idea is foolish. As to the extent of this post, the players listed could potentially be moved at the right price. Obviously the Ehlers-Ristolainen idea that circulated around here becomes present again (I haven't ever been on board with this idea as a 1for1 - BUF would have to add a Thompson type player).

Overall this thread is more about finding out if you are directly talking about the feasibility of moving these players to Buffalo vs. the availability of the players themselves. Feasibility and availability to me are different, thus my list didn't consider trade value or the returns from the sabres.
Hence, due to the gray area in this topic it's best you rephrase what you mean rather than react harshly/on impulse.

listening on is not available though...and you are right all GMs listen to what other GMs are interested in just to gauge the market. Thats what Friedman mentioned in one of his podcasts in the summer. GMs do what we do on this site but in real life, just spit ball values on players (even some we would say untouchable) so they understand whats out there and value in case they do wnat to make a player available what their temperature is on said player.
aedoran liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:09 p.m.
Quoting: puckhead6130
Tage Thompson is someone Bots has to at least listen to offers on . And are you aware that guys like Sheary, Bogo, and Sobotka could be considered rentals to another team and he will listen to anything he can get a return on. Vesey IMO will get signed by the end of the season even after his awful start he is someone they traded for with the intention of signing not to let walk. Sam is someone I do not think he will moves unless someone blows him away with an offer and he would give up a lot of the guys on the right before he does Sam.

See though, GMs are stubborn, Tage is Botterills "guy". Reinhart is a "Tim Murray guy" Botterill is definitely more likely to trade Sam.

Vesey i put on the right side? I dont think hes getting moved, at least while Botts is running the show, he invested a 3rd rounder in him.

Sobotka and Bogo could definitely be on the left as rentals but i just dont why see any other team would want them especially at their cap hits.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
Explain the incentive why the Jets would make Laine available for trade? Hes your trade target, explain how you came up with that. Explain how Ehlers is with how good teh jets have been playing lately and where they are in the standings.

Explain why Detroit would move Mantha? Or why would Ducks move Rackell..i can go on

explain
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
Untouchable players may also be those by which are so essential to the organization that they won't be moved unless given a lottery-like load in return.
Oliver's trade value and overall worth to the team as a player is at a point where I cannot see any similar player being moved for him. Another player I see in a similar category is Blake Coleman on NJ or Ekholm on NSH - players that are essential to the team and almost for certain would not be moved (if under the same conditions as Oliver). Where this might change is under pending UFA status - however typically players of this type resign.
This is also why it is almost impossible to make any "fair" trade involving any of the islanders defensemen.

yeah 4th liner Blake Coleman is "ESSENTIAL" to the Devils in ensuring they remain in 30th place in the NHL lmao
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:28 p.m.
explain

exactly...no rebuttal bc you have no good reasons why these players would ever be considered in trade talks...you just want them for the sake of wanting them
aedoran liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:37 p.m.
Shibbal18

Mantha Ehlers Laine and Kase aren't moving even if their teams are in the basement
aedoran liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:39 p.m.
Shibbal18
See though, GMs are stubborn, Tage is Botterills "guy". Reinhart is a "Tim Murray guy" Botterill is definitely more likely to trade Sam.

Vesey i put on the right side? I dont think hes getting moved, at least while Botts is running the show, he invested a 3rd rounder in him.

Sobotka and Bogo could definitely be on the left as rentals but i just dont why see any other team would want them especially at their cap hits.

Reinhart is only 1 of 3 players producing offensively, it would take a insane deal, that is more than likely logically infeasible, for Reinhart to be moved
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.
exactly...no rebuttal bc you have no good reasons why these players would ever be considered in trade talks...you just want them for the sake of wanting them

No rebuttal because i didn't feel like wasting my time but I got a break here at work now so what the heck:

The Jets are one Josh Morrissey injury from having Dmitry Kulikov playing 27 minutes a night so thats all you really need to know there. Just one month ago, Ehlers and Laine were at or near the top of any trade bait list you could find online, Laine made it pretty clear he was upset with his role on the team in the offseason. At wing Winnipeg already has Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler and Laine so maybe they try to move one for a d-man.

Detroit could potentially move Mantha because he is a pending RFA and Yzerman might not want to shell out a ton of money to him on a long term contract. He's always been good but Mantha wouldn't be the first player to have a great breakout contract year only to fall back to earth once he gets paid. Maybe Yzerman wants to trade him and acquire high picks/younger players.

Last I checked, Detroit isn't looking to make a deep playoff run this season so why not shake things up and get a high pick, teams do this all the time but I guess Mantha is McDavid now. Literally same goes for Rakell, yeah he's a very solid player but by no means is he untouchable.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Mantha Ehlers Laine and Kase aren't moving even if their teams are in the basement

ok
aedoran liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
No rebuttal because i didn't feel like wasting my time but I got a break here at work now so what the heck:

The Jets are one Josh Morrissey injury from having Dmitry Kulikov playing 27 minutes a night so thats all you really need to know there. Just one month ago, Ehlers and Laine were at or near the top of any trade bait list you could find online, Laine made it pretty clear he was upset with his role on the team in the offseason. At wing Winnipeg already has Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler and Laine so maybe they try to move one for a d-man.

Detroit could potentially move Mantha because he is a pending RFA and Yzerman might not want to shell out a ton of money to him on a long term contract. He's always been good but Mantha wouldn't be the first player to have a great breakout contract year only to fall back to earth once he gets paid. Maybe Yzerman wants to trade him and acquire high picks/younger players.

Last I checked, Detroit isn't looking to make a deep playoff run this season so why not shake things up and get a high pick, teams do this all the time but I guess Mantha is McDavid now. Literally same goes for Rakell, yeah he's a very solid player but by no means is he untouchable.

so Laine is getting the expanded role he wanted, is preforming and is happy...Ehlers is bouncing back from an off year and the Jets are one of the hottest teams in the west despite their D Core....so your reasons make 0 sense, you are trying to project availability of players bc you want them on your team, not even considering this impacts of how those teams are playing, where they are in the standings, and what is leading to their success.

Sorry my man this is your I want these players list, they are not trade targets like I said bc many are not even close to being available
aedoran liked this.
Nov. 22, 2019 at 6:36 p.m.
Detroit isn't moving Mantha and if AA keeps producing like he is now he will be expensive. I think @Wqrrior saying "No one knows what AA value is" is very accurate because he had a slow start after a very good season but now that he is scoring regularly no one is sure what to think. If he is moved it won't be until the TDL and Yzerman does like AA so he isn't going to trade him just to trade him.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 8:15 a.m.

Buffalo will have to retain some salary but they should be moved. They both are hard nose players who every team does not seem to have enough of come playoff time. They both are decent at penalty killing so that will help as well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll