Forums/Armchair-GM

Killorn on pace for 65 pts this year

Created by: BOLTLOVER1
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 23, 2019
Published: Nov. 23, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Lost in all the shrimp poor performance led by the putrid Tyler Johnson who plays top 6 with 3 stars and is on pace for 40 total pts .. is the solid play of Killorn .. does gritty work and on pace for 65 pts playing mostly 3rd line .. with some PP as in front of net grinder

Question is will JBB be ball less like last year .. when he kept the shrimps and traded JT Miller who has chance at 90 pts with Vancouver this year!!!! .. what a slap in face if he HAS to trade Killorn this off season due to NTC clauses like the 6 year one we gave to a 4th liner ... all leadership and shrimps need to go if Cup not won this year
Trades
TBL
  1. Miller, Colin
Additional Details:
Puck handling D .. Buffalo has extra D .. would give us ability to trade Sergachev
BUF
  1. Gourde, Yanni
Additional Details:
A solid 4th liner .. no doubt .. 5M AAV ridiculous.. can be 2nd or 3rd liner for marginal team .. Buffalo fits .. Carolina and Montreal do also .. BUT ANYHTING TO GET RID OF THAT CONTRACT
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$78,406,665$0$1,362,500$3,093,335
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 23, 2019 at 2:51 p.m.
Cost efficient d for overpaid bottom 6 forward
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Nov. 23, 2019 at 2:53 p.m.
I was saying it all summer that I was hoping CAR or someone I like would trade for killer, though I'm not mad about Haula lol, I'm glad he's doing good points wise, gets him the recognition he deserves
Nov. 23, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Quoting: AFOX10900
I was saying it all summer that I was hoping CAR or someone I like would trade for killer, though I'm not mad about Haula lol, I'm glad he's doing good points wise, gets him the recognition he deserves

NEVER understood peoples issue with Killorn and how non Tampa people on this site.. and some moronic Tampa fans .. thought he was only worth a 4th round pick his contract an anchor etc .. he has been consistent for years and years and contract about in line .. maybe a damn bargain...

Congrats to the AGMs here on above who saw Killorn in positive light for what he delivers. . MUCH more than the shrimps
Nov. 23, 2019 at 3:13 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
NEVER understood peoples issue with Killorn and how non Tampa people on this site.. and some moronic Tampa fans .. thought he was only worth a 4th round pick his contract an anchor etc .. he has been consistent for years and years and contract about in line .. maybe a damn bargain...

Congrats to the AGMs here on above who saw Killorn in positive light for what he delivers. . MUCH more than the shrimps

Is that all you do is complain?
Nov. 23, 2019 at 3:21 p.m.
Ok
Nov. 23, 2019 at 4:48 p.m.
Why would we trade Gourde before Johnson? Gourde is on the fourth line because Cooper wants depth spread, but he’s way better than Joseph, Verhaeghe, Maroon, and Paquette by any standard (and so far, Johnson). Killorn is extremely underrated and would easily get a way better return than a 4th (the only problem is that it reduces his value if our cap situation mandates a trade), but he’s also streaky. I don’t see him maintaining this pace. He’s a ~35-45 point player consistently and I have trouble seeing him going so far up from that. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Obviously if he does, trading him would be a hard move to have to make. At the beginning of the season, I would have said to keep Gourde over Palat. I’m getting unsure now, but I would much prefer to lose Joseph and Johnson rather than lose Gourde to keep the two.
JTBF81 and Zwui21 liked this.
Nov. 23, 2019 at 5:14 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
In order of showing the door ...

1. Johnson .. criminal how bad he is .. playing mostly with Point Kuch and Stamkos and he has 10 pts .. 4 goals in 20 freaking games .. almost impossible .. not to mention he '5 foot nothing in D zone. He gone 2021 if not b4.

2. Gourde .. as I have said forever.. he a 4th liner.. and a good one. That's it. Lacks skills and why he was in minors for TEN YEARS ... 32M NTC contract makes him desirable to trade ..

3. Joseph .. huge disappointment .. speed and nothing else

4. Sergachev . Will fetch most value .. he 3rd pair shaky D zone player with no PP time. . Could be 50 pt top 4 D in western conference.. trade him for 2 veteran pieces.

Rest is OK .. but until Vaz stops being worse goalie in league .. it won't matter
Nov. 23, 2019 at 5:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
You didn't do a very good sales job when trying to peddle Gourde. Gee the unwanted Marleau at 6.5m for. 1 year cost the Leafs a first rounder . Imagine what a 5.1m X 5 plus years is going to cost. Now Gourde might be a 45 point guy....but it's the Bolts they will be adding to the trade. And what about Gourde's NTC?
Nov. 23, 2019 at 7:01 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Quoting: palhal
You didn't do a very good sales job when trying to peddle Gourde. Gee the unwanted Marleau at 6.5m for. 1 year cost the Leafs a first rounder . Imagine what a 5.1m X 5 plus years is going to cost. Now Gourde might be a 45 point guy....but it's the Bolts they will be adding to the trade. And what about Gourde's NTC?

Your making assumption that Toronto front office has any clue in what they are doing... huge assumption .. Gourde would make great 3rd liner in Toronto and Leafs usually pay 25% over market .. lol
Nov. 23, 2019 at 9:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
Your making assumption that Toronto front office has any clue in what they are doing... huge assumption .. Gourde would make great 3rd liner in Toronto and Leafs usually pay 25% over market .. lol

Gee, the Leafs third liners are pretty good and they don't cost nearly 5.16 X 5. Funny how Tampa fans say what a great advantage it for the players to play in Tampa, but when they want to get rid of them for cap reasons they think these same players ae going to waive their NTCs.,
Nov. 24, 2019 at 1:12 a.m.
B
McGuire @tdl was saying teams were interested in Killorn. Most fans simply follow stats and don't see the underlying tangibles, that gritty minute munching heavies provide for teammates and coaches. You come across as a complainer, as most state, yet you're right about the shrimps. Soft discombobulated team come playoffs. As a NYR fan, I've painfully lived it and now seeing it in rangers south. Weirdest part, I get to watch 99% of fellow NYR fans continuously trade for softies like PuljPulj, Kovalchuk... The last few cup winners were heavy to play against, again at the top of the standings early on. Problem is, you cannot overlook NTCs, especially in desirable locations.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Nov. 24, 2019 at 2:48 a.m.
Yeah Killorn has been a .5 ppg player his entire career, one season of potentially going higher doesn't make him underpaid at 4.45 aav. Gourde isn't waiving, and is currently part of the most consistent line Tampa has this season. He's not overpaid, and adds depth in the bottom 6 this year. He can easily slot 2nd or 3rd line if needed. Killorn is likely to be moved bc of cap reasons and bc he has a mntc rather than a full one, not because the Lightning value him less than others. If Tampa can convince Johnson or Gourde to waive, then maybe Killorn stays, but if not I hope he has a 60 point season so his trade value will be at its peak next summer. Sergachev is far more than a 3rd pair shaky d zone player, lol. He has taken another step forward this year to anyone actually watching, is on pace for 40-45 points, and is only 21. He is a future top 4 here and he's going nowhere unless a team severely overpays for him, which is unlikely.
Nov. 24, 2019 at 7:25 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Edited Nov. 24, 2019 at 7:44 a.m.
Quoting: DoubleADoubleK
McGuire @tdl was saying teams were interested in Killorn. Most fans simply follow stats and don't see the underlying tangibles, that gritty minute munching heavies provide for teammates and coaches. You come across as a complainer, as most state, yet you're right about the shrimps. Soft discombobulated team come playoffs. As a NYR fan, I've painfully lived it and now seeing it in rangers south. Weirdest part, I get to watch 99% of fellow NYR fans continuously trade for softies like PuljPulj, Kovalchuk... The last few cup winners were heavy to play against, again at the top of the standings early on. Problem is, you cannot overlook NTCs, especially in desirable locations.

Never confuse being a "complainer" with being a knowledgeable "realist" .. Tampa's disneyland fans are an issue and put no pressure on team ownership and leadership to WIN!!!! .. like other better northern hockey cities. It is starting to change .. was at game last night .. fans booing in 2nd period as team was awful .. Tampa had less than 8 shots halfway through game .. thank God for Ducks crappy goalie .. 4 goals on 13 total shots through first 2 periods as they pulled away as Cirelli and Point locked into gear. To say Gourde isn't overpaid should just stop watching hockey .. he a good 4th liner and he blows scoring chances because he just plain lacks skills .. last nights game was epitome of his AHL skillset.

On positive side .. Cirelli starting to play like we all hoped he would .. needs to be 60 plus pt 2 way player ..
Nov. 24, 2019 at 3:15 p.m.
Nah you're just delusional regarding Gourde, his stats indicate he isn't overpaid, and his play has been solid this year. Yes he's on the 4th line, big deal, the line has been the best on the team thus far and the hardest working. He has far more than an "ahl skillset." I'd question anyone saying Serg is a "3rd pairing weak d zone player" as someone who has no idea what they are talking about and not watching. But please, keep whining about Gourde, it gives me a good daily laugh. You get back to us when he waives that ntc and gets traded in one of these agms you post, lol.
Nov. 24, 2019 at 7:17 p.m.
Quoting: JTBF81
Nah you're just delusional regarding Gourde, his stats indicate he isn't overpaid, and his play has been solid this year. Yes he's on the 4th line, big deal, the line has been the best on the team thus far and the hardest working. He has far more than an "ahl skillset." I'd question anyone saying Serg is a "3rd pairing weak d zone player" as someone who has no idea what they are talking about and not watching. But please, keep whining about Gourde, it gives me a good daily laugh. You get back to us when he waives that ntc and gets traded in one of these agms you post, lol.

I agree that Gourde (who has been a point per game this month, so I have trouble considering him a fourth liner even though that line is traditionally considered a fourth line) is way underrated and honestly worth the money, though I think we probably could have gotten him for less at the time. But Palat has looked great this year, and so has Killorn. And so have Cirelli, Sergachev, Shattenkirk, and Maroon. If Vasilevskiy and our defense wake up we’ll be just as scary as last regular season. We can’t keep all of them given our cap situation, though.

Johnson has been the most disappointing. Joseph is close behind. I don’t know if I can see BriseBois managing to keep Shattenkirk or Maroon given how much their value has skyrocketed recently. But someone else does have to go. I would say Palat, Sergachev, Killorn, or Gourde. I can’t say I would be angry if it’s any of those four. It depends largely on this next playoffs (if we make it). I don’t know what about the NTCs, but all I’m going to say is you should not be shocked if we move Gourde for a terrible return.

Hopefully BriseBois figures out some magic though.
Nov. 24, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Gourde only gets moved if he wants to be moved, as his ntc is a full one. Joseph I can see getting moved and maybe they convince Johnson to waive, but if not, the only 4-5 million player that can be moved is Killorn. Cirelli and Sergachev are more valuable than him long term, and Cernak is too given the fact that Tampa has little else on the right side next year outside of Serg, Cernak and hopefully Foote. I agree Shattenkirk is gone and Maroon is likely 50/50 whether he signs another short term deal or not.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll