SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Bortuzzo Suspension

Is a 4 Game Suspension Sufficient?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 25, 2019 at 9:16 a.m.
The Preds are now w/o one of their top players for an extended period of time b/c of Bortuzzo's reckless and dangerous actions. I am sick and tired of seeing NHL players missing serious time b/c of over-the-top infractions. I think 10 games would have been more appropriate given the injury. The fact that Arvidsson didn't suffer a season or career ending injury is pure luck. It's about time that the league sends a message that reckless cheap shot penalties have absolutely no place in today's game. When top players miss time b/c of injuries, especially preventable injuries, the game suffers.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 9:28 a.m.
torontos finest
I think he should've got 30 games. He did the exact same thing to Brock Nelson a few seasons ago.
OldNYIfan and Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 25, 2019 at 11:06 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
There is a qualitative difference between a retaliatory penalty, no matter how severe, in the heat of the moment (say, in response to a high-sticking or slash, etc.) and a deliberate attempt to injure a defenseless person prone on the ice. What was Bortuzzo's excuse -- he was going to get up and punch me out?

He should have gotten 41 games. I said this before, but the NHL suspended Slava Voynov half a season for spousal abuse -- pushing or striking his wife, who fell and cut her face. Shouldn't the League have treated equally seriously an unprovoked assault with a deadly weapon?

By the way, you can't say I'm a Nashville guy because I still root for a season-ending injury to Filip Forsberg for his dirty head-hit from behind on Josh Manson in the playoffs a few years ago.
Brian2016 liked this.
Nov. 26, 2019 at 1:46 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
There is a qualitative difference between a retaliatory penalty, no matter how severe, in the heat of the moment (say, in response to a high-sticking or slash, etc.) and a deliberate attempt to injure a defenseless person prone on the ice. What was Bortuzzo's excuse -- he was going to get up and punch me out?

He should have gotten 41 games. I said this before, but the NHL suspended Slava Voynov half a season for spousal abuse -- pushing or striking his wife, who fell and cut her face. Shouldn't the League have treated equally seriously an unprovoked assault with a deadly weapon?

By the way, you can't say I'm a Nashville guy because I still root for a season-ending injury to Filip Forsberg for his dirty head-hit from behind on Josh Manson in the playoffs a few years ago.

I just noticed you posted the same thread a day or two before me. I usually read this site while I'm falling asleep, so I never noticed, lol. I guess it's nice to see that fans are engaged on certain issues.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit