Forums/Armchair-GM

Frequently cluelessly criticized

Created by: Capitalfail67
Team: 2019-20 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 30, 2019
Published: Nov. 30, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
These guys constantly get crapped on. Especially malkin! How about that lazy past his prime Malkin? Not a pens fan but love how this guy kills it and people still can’t give him credit for being a top center in the league.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$81,500,000$48,442,500$0$132,500$33,057,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$6,100,000$6,100,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 30, 2019 at 1:37 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Weird list I don't think I've heard any of these guys criticized, they are all good hockey players. Rodrigo though, I don't know who he is.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 1:43 a.m.
Cold spaghetti
Patrik Laine should be on this list, gets hate all the time but he has 25 points in 24 games this season
Nov. 30, 2019 at 1:48 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: bunzy1034
Patrik Laine should be on this list, gets hate all the time but he has 25 points in 24 games this season

I was going to add him but since his hot start people have let up on him

Quoting: Paul13
Weird list I don't think I've heard any of these guys criticized, they are all good hockey players. Rodrigo though, I don't know who he is.

Need 10 guys that’s why rod is there. And I’ve seen these guys get disrespected often.
OutCold13 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 1:52 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I was going to add him but since his hot start people have let up on him

Need 10 guys that’s why rod is there. And I’ve seen these guys get disrespected often.

Anyone who criticizes these guys watches basketball more than they watch hockey. Everybody has a bad game from time to time, but this is a good list of good hockey players.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Paul13
Anyone who criticizes these guys watches basketball more than they watch hockey. Everybody has a bad game from time to time, but this is a good list of good hockey players.

I completely agree. Somebody asked if malkin was a hall of fame player. just one example of this
OutCold13 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 2:06 a.m.
William Nylander should be on this list
OutCold13 and Dan10900 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 2:13 a.m.
Analytics are good
Burakovsky is odd given that you don't really know what type of season you're getting from him
Malkin is a headass sometimes
Kuznetsov plays as if the defensive zone doesn't exist
Stamkos is just plain overrated
Same for Kane
Jack Johnson is atrocious
Holtby has declined a lot since 16/17
Murray is the epitome of inconsistent
Dan10900 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 2:56 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: PenGoater99
Burakovsky is odd given that you don't really know what type of season you're getting from him
Malkin is a headass sometimes
Kuznetsov plays as if the defensive zone doesn't exist
Stamkos is just plain overrated
Same for Kane
Jack Johnson is atrocious
Holtby has declined a lot since 16/17
Murray is the epitome of inconsistent

Except

Burakovsky is on pace for 70-80 points when “he wasn’t worth a 5th”
Malkin is carrying a crosbyless penguins team
Kuzy is having his best defensive year while producing at a ppg
Stamkos is “overrated”. He has the 8th most points the last 3 years and 14th in goals. Yeah he’s grossly overrated when it comes to production. This is why people are stupid.
Kane is top 10 in goals and has the 6th most points the last 3 years but he’s overrated also. Plays on a terrible team with little help but he’s overrated hah again dumb take.
Jack Johnson is playing 17minutes a night and is holding his own. He’s 2x better than Letang defensively but god forbid somebody needs to be the issue. Again he’s not a Norris caliber dman and his contract is awful but he’s playing okay. He’s hardly terrible or what penguins fans are calling him....atrocious ha do you watch hockey?
Holtby after having a slow start is absolutely on fire. Last 5 game she has a .93 sv% and is tied for wins lead.
While he’s inconsistent (who isn’t rask was terrible last year then took his team the game 7 cup finals) his team gives up way too many odd man breaks. Some Penguin fans actually think Jarry is better or that Fluery should have been the guy. Embarrassing
Nov. 30, 2019 at 7:05 a.m.
Habs/Pens fan
You may need to add Nylander however it's a good list overall.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 9:54 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
I agree with this list except for Gaudreau, he is open for criticism cause he disappears a lot, is a whiner and frankly might be a major part of the problem in Calgary.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 9:55 a.m.
Gaudreau I don't really see many people saying he sucks, he might me slightly overrated, but he's still really really good
Geno is sometimes lazy/terrible defensively, but there are also times that he's a beast defensively, he's easily a HOFer and top 15 C and i don't really see many people saying he sucks
Kane isn't very good, there's a few Hawks forwards better than him
Bura... Ok I mean he's probably a decent middle 6 forward... It's not like he's elite or anything
Kuzy also has never heard of defence, I guess he's slightly improved defensively, but he's still well below average, he's probably like an average 2C, he'll put up points, but doesn't play a full enough game to be considered elite
Stamkos is just overrated, Point is definitely better, he's still really really good though
JJ just sucks yeah he's improved this year he's still makes way too many boneheaded plays
Holtby is good yeah, but is anyone all that surprised Sammy is starting to steal starts from him, he's easily expendable
Murray this year.... Wow he's been bad, Jarry has been quite a bit better by literally and stat, eye test, advanced stats, or normal ones, he needs to be getting into more games than just back to backs
Nov. 30, 2019 at 10:23 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: AFOX10900
Gaudreau I don't really see many people saying he sucks, he might me slightly overrated, but he's still really really good
Geno is sometimes lazy/terrible defensively, but there are also times that he's a beast defensively, he's easily a HOFer and top 15 C and i don't really see many people saying he sucks
Kane isn't very good, there's a few Hawks forwards better than him
Bura... Ok I mean he's probably a decent middle 6 forward... It's not like he's elite or anything
Kuzy also has never heard of defence, I guess he's slightly improved defensively, but he's still well below average, he's probably like an average 2C, he'll put up points, but doesn't play a full enough game to be considered elite
Stamkos is just overrated, Point is definitely better, he's still really really good though
JJ just sucks yeah he's improved this year he's still makes way too many boneheaded plays
Holtby is good yeah, but is anyone all that surprised Sammy is starting to steal starts from him, he's easily expendable
Murray this year.... Wow he's been bad, Jarry has been quite a bit better by literally and stat, eye test, advanced stats, or normal ones, he needs to be getting into more games than just back to backs

“Kane isn’t good” haha okay I’ll just repost this

Stamkos is “overrated”. He has the 8th most points the last 3 years and 14th in goals. Yeah he’s grossly overrated when it comes to production. This is why people are stupid.
Kane is top 10 in goals and has the 6th most points the last 3 years but he’s overrated also. Plays on a terrible team with little help but he’s overrated hah again dumb take.
Jack Johnson is playing 17minutes a night and is holding his own. He’s 2x better than Letang defensively but god forbid somebody needs to be the issue. Again he’s not a Norris caliber dman and his contract is awful but he’s playing okay. He’s hardly terrible or what penguins fans are calling him....atrocious ha do you watch hockey?
Holtby after having a slow start is absolutely on fire. Last 5 game she has a .93 sv% and is tied for wins lead.
While he’s inconsistent (who isn’t rask was terrible last year then took his team the game 7 cup finals) his team gives up way too many odd man breaks. Some Penguin fans actually think Jarry is better or that Fluery should have been the guy. Embarrassing

Kuzy is the beat center on more the 15 nhl teams and is absolutely elite
Nov. 30, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I agree with this list except for Gaudreau, he is open for criticism cause he disappears a lot, is a whiner and frankly might be a major part of the problem in Calgary.

Imo goaltending is the major issue. If I’m the flames I’m trying to sign Holtby next off season.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 1:54 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Imo goaltending is the major issue. If I’m the flames I’m trying to sign Holtby next off season.

Don't think goaltending is the issue at all really, the lineup is flawed, they lack at least one more top 6 winger and they have a surplus of quality dmen and good D prospects, at least one should've been turned into a winger by now.

Also their lines suck but with Peters gone maybe that'll change, like Frolik on the 4th line and Lucic on the 3rd line is backwards imo.

They have a decision to make imo cause Gaudreau is only on this good deal for 2.5 more seasons and then they're either paying him a fat raise that'll be an ugly contract eventually or they go all in now to win a cup cause he's going to UFA plus their 2nd line center is on the wrong side of 30, it's time to #2 or get off the pot in Cowtown.

They have a few good upcoming UFA's that'll get them some decent picks/prospects for a retool if that's what they decide to do.

To me goaltending is the least of Calgary's problems.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 5:04 p.m.
Analytics are good
Except

Burakovsky is outperforming his xGF/60, he'll regress
Malkin is still a headass, him "carrying" the team doesn't change anything
Kuznetsov is actually not having his best defensive season yet. His best defensive season was 15/16
Stamkos relies on the PP for most of his offense. Points don't matter.
Johnson is an AHL 7th D, I don't need to "watch hockey" to know that. Kris Letang is a perrenial norris candidate.
Kane is overrated. All he does is outperform his xGF and he's atrocious defensively. Again, points don't matter
Holtby hasn't been good since 16/17, goalie wins don't matter either
Murray is a mystery. You will never know what type of season he's going to have, but he's been awful this year.
Nov. 30, 2019 at 5:44 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: PenGoater99
Burakovsky is outperforming his xGF/60, he'll regress
Malkin is still a headass, him "carrying" the team doesn't change anything
Kuznetsov is actually not having his best defensive season yet. His best defensive season was 15/16
Stamkos relies on the PP for most of his offense. Points don't matter.
Johnson is an AHL 7th D, I don't need to "watch hockey" to know that. Kris Letang is a perrenial norris candidate.
Kane is overrated. All he does is outperform his xGF and he's atrocious defensively. Again, points don't matter
Holtby hasn't been good since 16/17, goalie wins don't matter either
Murray is a mystery. You will never know what type of season he's going to have, but he's been awful this year.

So they are bad bc you use one defensive metric (xGA) and that is the god scale?
Stamkos regardless isn’t overrated. Matthews is grossly overrated not stamkos.
Points absolutely matter what a silly statement. That’s a take that a guy who looks way to much into corsi would say.
Holtby is playing pretty insane after a slow start and was huge during the cup win in 18.

Jaded viewer

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll