SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

5 Brand New Questions

Dec. 2, 2019 at 4:32 a.m.
1. We all know about the "Thanksgiving Rule." Basically, if a team is outside the playoff picture on Thanksgiving, it's highly they'll make the playoffs. Which team in each conference that's currently outside the playoff picture (excluding Tampa b/c of games played) has the best chance of making the playoffs?

2. Trade talk for Taylor Hall is heating up fast. Where will he be traded to?

3. Here's a simple yet complicated question: Does EDM have the 2 best players in the NHL right now? If not, where do you rank Leon Draisaitl?

4. Will Mike Babcock ever be the head coach of an NHL team again? What about Bill Peters? Will he ever work again in any capacity in the NHL?

5. COL had a historically terrible season in 2016-17. They finished with 48 points, 21 points behind the second to last place Canucks. Will the Detroit Red Wings finish this season with a worse record than the Avs 3 years ago? Incidentally, the Wings are currently on pace for the same 48 points.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 4:42 a.m.
1. East: NY Rangers. West: Vegas Golden Knights

2. Hall to PIT

3. MacKinnon is #2. Draisaitl is #3.

4. Neither coach will ever coach again in the NHL.

5. DET will finish with 49 points this season, one point better than COL in 2016-17.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 11:15 a.m.
1. Besides Tampa, I think Montreal and Nashville are teams on the outside looking in right now that I think have the best chance to make the playoffs.
2. I could see Hall going to the NY islanders.
3. Draisaitl is a top 5 NHLer right now; but not top 2.
4. Babcock will get another head coaching job in the NHL. Peters may get a job in the NHL after a while, but not a head coaching gig.
5. The Wings will have a better record than the 2016-17 Avalanche.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 1:44 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
1. I’d say Vegas, but they’re 0 points out. If I need to go with someone further out I’ll say Nashville (who’s still only 2 points out). This year the standings are way closer than even last year.
2. Colorado?
3. Yes. I’d give Draisaitl the slight edge over Crosby.
4. Babcock: Yes
He’s still deemed by some as a top coach. Even if he doesn’t get top dollar, he’ll find a job.
Peters: No
No way. After the Flames finding out about this and subsequently firing him, I can’t see someone knowing about this and making the decision to fire him.
5. No. IMO the Wings are better than they’re showing rn. They’ll be last in the east, but they’ll have more than 50 points.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
1. Vegas Golden Knights, and the Nashville Predators.
2. I think he will be traded to Colorado, they have the assets, and the cap space to get him.
3. If you are talking about absolutely at this very moment only in this season, I would give McDavid #1 and Draisaitl #3, and Pastrnak #2, he legitimately has a shot at 50 goals in 50 games, a feat that is extremely rare.
4. I think Mike Babcock will get an opportunity in Seattle, or even perhaps back to the Red Wings, seeing as how Blashill's head is wanted by many Wings fans. Bill Peters' coaching days are numbered I presume, NHL teams wouldn't want a guy like him, which would hurt their reputation having a known racist and a coach that abuses players, as confirmed by former Canes play Michal Jordan.
5. I don't think they will finish with 48 points, but they will finish close to it. Unless Blashill gets a brain and puts Bertuzzi, Larkin and Mantha back on the same line, which they had insane chemistry, while he instead opts for Luke Glendening as a first line winger instead of a young stud like Filip Zadina, the Wings will finish close to that 48 point mark, but not exactly at it.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
1. East: call me crazy but the Sabres West: Nashville
2. Taylor Hall ends up in Philly u heard it here first
3. No, McDavid is 1 Drai is top 10 not top 2 and idek ab top 5
4. Babcock shouldn’t especially after the Johan Franzen story that came out. Bill Peters honesty may never get any job ever again, let alone the NHL
5. Yes, the wings will finish worse than those Avs. They suck, bad like it’s not even funny. The thing is the Avs had young players and it was decent experience for them but this Wings team is just old old veterans getting they’re booty clapped night after night
Dec. 2, 2019 at 4:19 p.m.
torontos finest
1. vegas and rangers
2. guessing one of: colorado, florida, montreal, edmonton, calgary or dallas.
3. top 5 probably
4. yes, i think babcock will behind the bench by the start of next season. bill peters is probably too toxic for another team to consider him, i think he's off to russia honestly.
5. i figure their luck will turn around at some point and they'll hit 60 points.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
1. East: call me crazy but the Sabres

^ Crazy ^
AndrewLadd liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 1:45 a.m.
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
^ Crazy ^

If they play the Devils 25 more times at home this season, they will make the playoffs.
Bflo_Soldier and AndrewLadd liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll