SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Mike Babcock

Should Mike Babcock ever coach another NHL team ever again?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 2, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Just saw the story ab Johan Franzen and Babcock and wow, I hate the guy. He’s an awful person. Let’s go through the list of bad things he did and you tell me if he should ever coach in the NHL again:

1. The Marner situation
2. Giving Johan Franzen a nervous breakdown
3. Scratching Mike Modano so that he finished his career with 1,499 games instead of 1,500
4. Scratching Chris Chelios at a game against his hometown at an outdoor game at Wrigley Field
5. Scratching Jason Spezza when he took a discount at the leafs home opener when he was playing a team that he captained
6. Being a bad coach in general
Dec. 2, 2019 at 7:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Do I think he should be a coach in the NHL again? No.

Do I think he will? Yes. There are still a ton of guys in managerial positions who are definitely on Babcock's side. I think he ends up behind the bench by the start of next year; no one is going to risk a mid-season hire on him and instead do it during the summer when sports media isn't as focused on hockey.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 11:37 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Even before these personal vendettas stories came up, he should never coach in the NHL again. He's a terrible game manager, with the inability to change his perfect ways.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Growing up, Mike Modano was my favorite player. The benching by Babcock is enough by itself for me to say that I never want to see him coaching again. For some reason, Babcock had an aura around him that he was the best coach in the league. As if Canada wasn't already the best team by a mile in the Olympics. I predict that he won't be hired until, at least, his current contract expires w/ the Leafs.
AndrewLadd liked this.
Dec. 7, 2019 at 5:47 p.m.
Pain.
Just by guessing, I think some random team that blows up this year. For example, the Sharks (just for my own bias) will probably hire him to hold back their potential like DeBoer and McLellan

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit