Forums/Armchair-GM

NJ Just want to rent him

Created by: LittleBuddha
Team: 2019-20 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 2, 2019
Published: Dec. 2, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I don't believe that NJ will get more than a roster player, a prospect (or two) and a 1st if Hall refuses to sign. Hall as a pure rental would be a great fit for the Avs. Signing hall would hurt them far more than help. But, to have Hall for only one year to make them a true 4 line team on a cup run. H-E-Double Hockey Sticks YES.
I know that is a lot of talent to lose for a 3rd line LW rental. Worth it for the Cup. They lose Timmins but have Helleson in the pipeline. His shut down style may fit better and offset the multiple puck movers they currently have. Helleson should be able to step into that 6D slot about the same time that Cole vacates it. Between Bowers and Newhook coming up, Kam is expendable. I added rights to AB because Kam is not a seasoned roster player and has not had much opportunity to prove his middle six potential due to some unlucky breaks. I think it is an over pay for a rental but ...That is a deep team for a run.

The best part of this is, it is a trade that the Avs don't need to become a legit contender, nor is their window closing and they have to make a move.. They already are a contender and ahead of schedule. There is no pressure to offer up Byram or Newhook. If NJ can get more somewhere else, let them. In order to keep and resign this core in the future, Hall (and the over inflated contract/cap hit he will get in FA) is not part of their long term plans anyways.

Bura has shown he can skate with MacK and produce. With Landy, the second line would be a shut down nightmare for other teams. Hall can take over the 3rd and bounce pucks off Josty and JT as they crash the net. That is the best 4th line the Avs have had since 55 was still on the ice here.
Trades
COL
  1. Hall, Taylor
Additional Details:
Pure rental at the TDL.
NJD
  1. Beaucage, Alex [Reserve List]
  2. Kamenev, Vladislav
  3. Timmins, Conor
  4. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,509,761$0$3,532,500$5,990,239

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 4
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$735,000$735,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,600,000$2,600,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 2, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.
that's the package the Devils can get IF Hall sign with the Avs
Dec. 2, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
I disagree with the whole "we don't have to win this year because we have prospects lol" logic. You should try to make your NHL team the best that it can possibly be going into the playoffs because there's no guarantee that you'll ever make it again. The goal is to win the Stanley cup not have the biggest prospect pool in the NHL and every team that's in the playoffs has a chance to go on a run. And you don't need to have big 1st round guys in your farm system to have sustained success. We wouldn't have won the stanley cup had we not drafted guys like Murray, Guentzel, Rust, and Sheary and none of those guys were "top prospects" when we got them they were all steals later on in the draft. Obviously Byram and Newhook are going to be great players but you only have 2 more years of Landeskog on his steal of a contract, 4 with Mackinnon, 2 with Makar so go for it now while you can afford to keep all these guys. Byram and Newhook aren't doing you any good sitting in the minors
Dec. 2, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Quoting: Jesus
I disagree with the whole "we don't have to win this year because we have prospects lol" logic. You should try to make your NHL team the best that it can possibly be going into the playoffs because there's no guarantee that you'll ever make it again. The goal is to win the Stanley cup not have the biggest prospect pool in the NHL and every team that's in the playoffs has a chance to go on a run. And you don't need to have big 1st round guys in your farm system to have sustained success. We wouldn't have won the stanley cup had we not drafted guys like Murray, Guentzel, Rust, and Sheary and none of those guys were "top prospects" when we got them they were all steals later on in the draft. Obviously Byram and Newhook are going to be great players but you only have 2 more years of Landeskog on his steal of a contract, 4 with Mackinnon, 2 with Makar so go for it now while you can afford to keep all these guys. Byram and Newhook aren't doing you any good sitting in the minors

No one said any thing about not winning this year BS quote. The Avs don't need Hall to win. That is what I said. It would help but not need. Landy will be the captain for a long time. But Kadri... Dons... Cole... Calvert... But none of them will be resigned because of the prospect pool you don't seem think a team needs providing the cap space to resign all the guys you mentioned But, they are the same type role players that you are talking about so I dont get your point. There has got to be a balance between going for it and selling out the farm and limiting how many chances we get. I would rather have a shot at the cup every year for the next ten than 1or 2 really good, again only, chances. Then wait another 8 rebuilding. They are not doing the Avs any good in the minors right now but in 2-3 years they will be and they will still be playing for the cup
Dec. 2, 2019 at 9:14 p.m.

Sorry about that. Reread what you wrote and I miss understood. I not trying to keep a bunch of 1st rounders around. Kaut and Bowers (1st RDs) I'm not impressed. I'd trade those two to NJ if they'd take em in a heart beat. Kam and Timmins (2nds) are way better players. And Alex a 3rd is looking good right now. Draft position doesn't matter the day after the draft, there is the potential aspect of it, but, from that point on value should be base on what can you do for me. I think Byram and Newhook can do more for the Avs in getting a cup than Hall can. The part about wanting multiple chances still applies.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 9:27 p.m.
Quoting: EzioUchiha
that's the package the Devils can get IF Hall sign with the Avs

Well, I don't want that. A 1st - Timmins and what? Kam or Alex?
Dec. 2, 2019 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: LittleBuddha
Sorry about that. Reread what you wrote and I miss understood. I not trying to keep a bunch of 1st rounders around. Kaut and Bowers (1st RDs) I'm not impressed. I'd trade those two to NJ if they'd take em in a heart beat. Kam and Timmins (2nds) are way better players. And Alex a 3rd is looking good right now. Draft position doesn't matter the day after the draft, there is the potential aspect of it, but, from that point on value should be base on what can you do for me. I think Byram and Newhook can do more for the Avs in getting a cup than Hall can. The part about wanting multiple chances still applies.

Oh no I understand dude don't bet it all on one year like Columbus did since there's so many things that have to go right to win the cup. But what I'm saying is the key to winning in the playoffs is depth. Everyone acted like our defense was awful the two years we won the cup which is completely untrue and we proved it when we won without Letang in 2017 and we had to use multiple goalies in the playoffs both of those years. That top line is IMO second to only Boston as the best line in the league but they can only be out there for 20 minutes at most. Kadri, Burakovsky, and Donskoi were ingenious pickups but if you could fit Taylor Hall in there you'd have possibly 3 legit scoring lines. Now me personally I would go after somebody who would cost a little less since I think Hall is a little overrated but if New Jersey offered me what you sent above I'd definitely do it
Dec. 2, 2019 at 9:38 p.m.
Quoting: LittleBuddha
Well, I don't want that. A 1st - Timmins and what? Kam or Alex?

better than giving up Byram, Girard or Newhook
Dec. 2, 2019 at 9:49 p.m.
Oh no I understand dude don't bet it all on one year like Columbus did since there's so many things that have to go right to win the cup. But what I'm saying is the key to winning in the playoffs is depth. Everyone acted like our defense was awful the two years we won the cup which is completely untrue and we proved it when we won without Letang in 2017 and we had to use multiple goalies in the playoffs both of those years. That top line is IMO second to only Boston as the best line in the league but they can only be out there for 20 minutes at most. Kadri, Burakovsky, and Donskoi were ingenious pickups but if you could fit Taylor Hall in there you'd have possibly 3 legit scoring lines. Now me personally I would go after somebody who would cost a little less since I think Hall is a little overrated but if New Jersey offered me what you sent above I'd definitely do it

Depth is how the Avs took their Cups. This is the deepest I seen for us in a long time. Hence why with the injuries the Avs are still in the hunt. There are cheeper options than Hall but it would be a big push as a rental.
Dec. 2, 2019 at 11:00 p.m.
Bold move Cotton!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll