Forums/NHL Trades

(WSH/VGK) - Stephenson for 2021 5th round pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Tue at 12:25 am
Tue at 12:37 am
Blues GM v4
Stepho was a good penalty killer for us, and that's about it. He didn't bring a lot to the table offensively, but he was a little better to start the year. It's a move we needed to make financially, but Caps fans will always remember that he's a Stanley Cup champion and had some crucial plays in the playoffs.

Damn, every time someone from the 2018 Cup Champs goes to a new team, it'll get kinda sentimental for Caps fans. Even someone who played a minor role like Stephenson feels weird saying goodbye to just because of the Cup.
Capitalfail67, SpaghettiPasta, pinslack and 5 others liked this.
Tue at 6:54 am
Formerly klondikebar
I'm not sure how they got more for a 7th for Stephenson, so its a win for the caps by me. I also dont like that the knights reassigned nick roy
Tue at 9:10 am
Hockey/Caps fan
Stephenson is good at penalty kill and has great speed. Gets breakaways as a result but finish is not quite there. Lately he's been more physical, actually going into the corners and battling for pucks, which surprised me. He would have probably had better numbers up to this point in his career if not on a top '6' heavy Caps team. I'm not saying he's a top 6 player, just that the Caps depth over the recent past has forced them to play some potential top 6 guys in the bottom 6 (Burky being one). I could have even seen the Caps getting a 3rd or 4th for him if they weren't in salary cap desperation. Anyway, good luck to Chandler!
Tue at 10:50 am
AwesomeMatthews
Great trade for Vegas the kind of player they love
Trickster liked this.
Wed at 1:07 pm
best poster
vegas' first ever trade with washington. historic.
Wed at 3:05 pm
Stephenson is a dime a dozen type, but paid $300K too much for his role. Getting a 5th for him was a win. Much need cap space was the main win though.
Capitalfail67 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Submit Poll Edit