10$81,500,000$47,537,203$597,561$537,500$33,962,797
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$763,333$763,333
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833
G
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:34 a.m.
he'll get a bridge deal for 3-4 years. at that time he'll blow up and than he'll sign for 8 years. maximize his salary
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:34 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
he'll get a bridge deal for 3-4 years. at that time he'll blow up and than he'll sign for 8 years. maximize his salary

so give him this for 2-4 years?
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:38 a.m.
Quoting: Goldninja0

it;ll be a bridge deal for like 4-5mill and than he'll sign long term.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:39 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM

He wants 11 mil, and i have noticed that as the term length goes down, the money goes up
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
He wants 11 mil, and i have noticed that as the term length goes down, the money goes up

Sign for a year and see what happens next year, I've gotten guys to go down a hell of a lot by doing that
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.

He's talking about NHL19/NHL20 dude
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
Who adds what?

You're asking for video game help....

Is 85 overall the best rating guy you can add, or are there better options? Is he young enough to keep improving, in the game?

Usually, in video games, it's better to work something out and then trade guys you can't afford, rather than to let them walk for nothing, because in the old versions I've played there's no compensation for offer sheets, and opposing teams don't seem to assign much negative trade value to big contracts.

But I'm sure you've figured something out. Have fun!
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:43 a.m.
Who adds what?

Yes. In real life that's what will happen. But in real life Kotkaniemi doesn't have an "85 overall" rating. smile
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:44 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: Eli
You're asking for video game help....

Is 85 overall the best rating guy you can add, or are there better options? Is he young enough to keep improving, in the game?

Usually, in video games, it's better to work something out and then trade guys you can't afford, rather than to let them walk for nothing, because in the old versions I've played there's no compensation for offer sheets, and opposing teams don't seem to assign much negative trade value to big contracts.

But I'm sure you've figured something out. Have fun!

I have an 88 ovr Drouin and Domi, and an 87 ovr Nylander

85 ovr KK, 83 ovr Connolly, 89 ovr Price

idr what else
Eli liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:45 a.m.
Banned

I hope for your sake, the Laine contract prevents Montreal from doing a short term bridge. Those deals are so risky. They look good only on the surface. Look at Meier, if he doesn't become an elite player, he's going to get paid like one anyways. His 4 year bridge comes with a QO of 10 million. So if the player doesn't pan out, you are stuck either letting him walk as an FA, renegotiating a more fair contract or paying him the QO until they hit FA. Laine is supposed to be the best goal scorer in hockey or amongst them anyways and he has a 9 million QO after his deal finished next season. If he isn't scoring 50 a year, he's going to be a burden. So much risk.
Eli liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:49 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
I think this all happened because I gave Domi 10.1 mil because somehow he became a UFA
Eli liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:53 a.m.
Who adds what?
I have an 88 ovr Drouin and Domi, and an 87 ovr Nylander

85 ovr KK, 83 ovr Connolly, 89 ovr Price

idr what else

If KK is still 19 or 20 years old, he should still be improving, each summer, and end up in that same range. Do they still have the screen where you get to counteroffer and meet in the middle, as long as you don't offend him by going too low? Or is it just a yes/no offer?

If you want to never lose, in that version, you have to save before the last game of the playoffs. Then if your guys walk, you get to try again. But it's not very sporting, and sometimes it's also fun and realistic to rebuild a team that's lost a star and play against one of your favorite players.

My guess is that if you offer him somewhere around 7.5Mx8 years, he'll come down a bit, and then if you keep moving up by more than he comes down, you'll end up somewhere in the high 9s.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:55 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
If KK is still 19 or 20 years old, he should still be improving, each summer, and end up in that same range. Do they still have the screen where you get to counteroffer and meet in the middle, as long as you don't offend him by going too low? Or is it just a yes/no offer?

If you want to never lose, in that version, you have to save before the last game of the playoffs. Then if your guys walk, you get to try again. But it's not very sporting, and sometimes it's also fun and realistic to rebuild a team that's lost a star and play against one of your favorite players.

My guess is that if you offer him somewhere around 7.5Mx8 years, he'll come down a bit, and then if you keep moving up by more than he comes down, you'll end up somewhere in the high 9s.

what do you mean counteroffer
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:56 a.m.

That's not how the negotiating works anymore, usually if you offer them too low they'll ask for more (seemingly out of spite). It's best to sign to a short term deal and try to get them to come down the next year, happens a lot
Eli liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:01 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: CrossFireX33
That's not how the negotiating works anymore, usually if you offer them too low they'll ask for more (seemingly out of spite). It's best to sign to a short term deal and try to get them to come down the next year, happens a lot

This is an extension, I forgot to mention that
Plus when I offered Domi an extension (he wanted 8.1 mil at that time, 86 ovr) I offered him 6 something mil and he said no, and that we was not interested in an extension anymore, and then by the end of the year, he wanted 9.545 mil at 88 ovr, and then he became a ufa somehow, so I offered him 10.1 mil and he said sure, but now what to do with KK.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:47 a.m.
Yes. In real life that's what will happen. But in real life Kotkaniemi doesn't have an "85 overall" rating. smile

mb. i didnt even know it was nhl 19 thing
Eli liked this.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I hope for your sake, the Laine contract prevents Montreal from doing a short term bridge. Those deals are so risky. They look good only on the surface. Look at Meier, if he doesn't become an elite player, he's going to get paid like one anyways. His 4 year bridge comes with a QO of 10 million. So if the player doesn't pan out, you are stuck either letting him walk as an FA, renegotiating a more fair contract or paying him the QO until they hit FA. Laine is supposed to be the best goal scorer in hockey or amongst them anyways and he has a 9 million QO after his deal finished next season. If he isn't scoring 50 a year, he's going to be a burden. So much risk.

KK will be signing a bridge between aged 20-22. thats a pretty good age for him to start putting up 70 plus point seasons and become a barkov 2.0
Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
Lower the term and expect he asks for less. He's going to be amazing if he wants that much
Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:51 a.m.
Banned
KK will be signing a bridge between aged 20-22. thats a pretty good age for him to start putting up 70 plus point seasons and become a barkov 2.0

Does anyone else understand the risk involved in those bridge deals? They are so risky. Let's say KK gets 3 years at 6 million cap hit. His last year will be over 8 million possibly closer to 9 and then you have to give him a 9 million QO after regardless of what he's done. If he doesn't become Barkov 2.0, you are still paying him 9 million on a QO regardless, or you let him walk to FA and lose him for nothing.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
Does anyone else understand the risk involved in those bridge deals? They are so risky. Let's say KK gets 3 years at 6 million cap hit. His last year will be over 8 million possibly closer to 9 and then you have to give him a 9 million QO after regardless of what he's done. If he doesn't become Barkov 2.0, you are still paying him 9 million on a QO regardless, or you let him walk to FA and lose him for nothing.

dw. fans are freaking out that he's not playing that well right now. habs will be fine. hes gonna be stud
Dec. 3, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
Banned
dw. fans are freaking out that he's not playing that well right now. habs will be fine. hes gonna be stud

I just hope they don't give him one of these stupid high QO bridge deals. So short sighted.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
I just hope they don't give him one of these stupid high QO bridge deals. So short sighted.

Quoting: HabsForEver
Lower the term and expect he asks for less. He's going to be amazing if he wants that much

Quoting: CrossFireX33

I was just asking for what I should do, bridge deals don't matter in NHL, they are just regular 2-4 year deals
Dec. 3, 2019 at 12:23 p.m.
Banned
I was just asking for what I should do, bridge deals don't matter in NHL, they are just regular 2-4 year deals

It does depend on the deal. The Bridge deals for Kapanen and Johnsson are small deals that don't matter. What guys like Laine, Point, Meier and Tkachuck got are definitely not nothing and they are extremely risky. Look at Meier, his QO coming out of his bridge deal is 10 million. That is a crazy risky deal. If he pans out in a big way, no worries, if he doesn't pan out, he has a 10 million dollar Qualifying offer, that completely handcuffs the team.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 12:26 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
It does depend on the deal. The Bridge deals for Kapanen and Johnsson are small deals that don't matter. What guys like Laine, Point, Meier and Tkachuck got are definitely not nothing and they are extremely risky. Look at Meier, his QO coming out of his bridge deal is 10 million. That is a crazy risky deal. If he pans out in a big way, no worries, if he doesn't pan out, he has a 10 million dollar Qualifying offer, that completely handcuffs the team.

and then they need to pay meier at least 11 mil if i did math right
Dec. 3, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: MaxDomi13
and then they need to pay meier at least 11 mil if i did math right

No they can just offer him the QO. After a certain level, I am not sure what the threshold is but its not much, then the QO us just equal to the last year of their last contract. So in Meier's case its 10 million.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll