Forums/Armchair-GM

Severson and JP

Created by: arafay
Team: 2020-21 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 3, 2019
Published: Dec. 3, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Contender? With that much cap space, we could even take on a cap dump to regain a pick/fill up the prospect cupboard

Also who else is kind of mad Chisholm isn’t on team canada for the world juniors. Like Ik the did t have a great showcase but he is outplaying half of he defencemen on that roster right now
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
1$2,000,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
1$800,000
1$800,000
2$3,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
Trades
NJD
  1. Gustafsson, David
  2. Lowry, Adam
  3. 2021 1st round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Reserve List]
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$76,514,524$0$850,000$6,985,476
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 6
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,280,000$2,280,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 8
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 3
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167
LD
RFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$758,333$758,333
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 2
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 3, 2019 at 11:12 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Isn't Gus Lowry's replacement?

Can't see the Oilers trading Pulujarvi for that even though he's really not worth much more.

Would be nice if the Jets had a prospect playing for Canada, they should absolutely release Gus to play for Sweden.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
Oilers decline.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:03 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Isn't Gus Lowry's replacement?

Can't see the Oilers trading Pulujarvi for that even though he's really not worth much more.

Would be nice if the Jets had a prospect playing for Canada, they should absolutely release Gus to play for Sweden.

I mean with the way other prospects are playing and with Gus’s limited upside, I chose to trade him. With guys like smith, harkins, etc all being in the mix writhing the next year I don’t think Gus will have much room
Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
I mean with the way other prospects are playing and with Gus’s limited upside, I chose to trade him. With guys like smith, harkins, etc all being in the mix writhing the next year I don’t think Gus will have much room

Yeah his ceiling looks like a 3C but that has value and we are watching him play with another rookie and a really good AHL player, I'd like to see him with a couple decent established wingers before I write him off.

Do you really think Harkins and I'm assuming you mean Nathan Smith who isn't even signed yet have much of a chance with Maurice as a coach? Sorry but I'm a realist, there's no way Maurice is playing Harkins or whatever other rookie when he's got a Bourque or Letestu he can play cause gawd knows they'll sign a couple of those kind of guys for next season.. Lol
Dec. 4, 2019 at 12:30 a.m.
Yeah his ceiling looks like a 3C but that has value and we are watching him play with another rookie and a really good AHL player, I'd like to see him with a couple decent established wingers before I write him off.

Do you really think Harkins and I'm assuming you mean Nathan Smith who isn't even signed yet have much of a chance with Maurice as a coach? Sorry but I'm a realist, there's no way Maurice is playing Harkins or whatever other rookie when he's got a Bourque or Letestu he can play cause gawd knows they'll sign a couple of those kind of guys for next season.. Lol

Players who deserve it work their way up like Roslovic most recently. Every coach has their vets and honestly, at this point would you really play Vesalainen over bourque for example. Vesalainen is clearly not ready and it would be rushing him no? The truth is that there aren’t really any young guys to step up right now. Harkins shouldn’t be called up right now (let him cool off a bit first). It’s not about playing vets imo that this point. Maurice essentially has to.

As for the other guys, I also think Maurice will fall in love with smith’s game fast. He plays exactly the way Maurice wants from his players. Harkins is IMO more offensive version of gus. Ceiling is really high and have loved the pick since it was made but have hated his usage. He is finally being played at c and it bodes well. he also can play the game any way just like smith. Perfect to start in that grinder role.

I have really liked Maurice’s deployment this year. He truly is maximizing his Lineup. I would too like to see gus with a few forwards but there just isn’t enough skill there to be more than a 3C IMO. Also gus wasn’t getting a chance either until injuries. Now he has had about 20 games. The point is that players will get a chance. And keeping lower ceiling guys like gus only blocks the way for higher ceiling guys like harkins and smith.
Dec. 4, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
I turn up my nose to any Poolman deals right now! The guy is playing great hokcey and has tremendous value to the jets. Way more than Jesse P coming in as what? a 3rd line RW?
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Dec. 4, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Players who deserve it work their way up like Roslovic most recently. Every coach has their vets and honestly, at this point would you really play Vesalainen over bourque for example. Vesalainen is clearly not ready and it would be rushing him no? The truth is that there aren’t really any young guys to step up right now. Harkins shouldn’t be called up right now (let him cool off a bit first). It’s not about playing vets imo that this point. Maurice essentially has to.

As for the other guys, I also think Maurice will fall in love with smith’s game fast. He plays exactly the way Maurice wants from his players. Harkins is IMO more offensive version of gus. Ceiling is really high and have loved the pick since it was made but have hated his usage. He is finally being played at c and it bodes well. he also can play the game any way just like smith. Perfect to start in that grinder role.

I have really liked Maurice’s deployment this year. He truly is maximizing his Lineup. I would too like to see gus with a few forwards but there just isn’t enough skill there to be more than a 3C IMO. Also gus wasn’t getting a chance either until injuries. Now he has had about 20 games. The point is that players will get a chance. And keeping lower ceiling guys like gus only blocks the way for higher ceiling guys like harkins and smith.

Roslovic is getting his chance by contractual casualties and injuries, he could've been doing this last season but Maurice wouldn't change up his lines. I know Vesalainen isn't ready and I'm talking about coming out of camp next season not now, unless Harkins or Smith (if he's signed) have the most unbelievable camps they'll be with the Moose, Maurice isn't playing then unless some vets are gone due to contract/cap issues or injuries.

Maurice is getting a bit too much credit for his lineup deployment imo, it's only due to the unfortunate Little injuries that we're seeing the separation of Scheiffele and Wheeler and Roslovic in the top 6. The Jets love guys like Gustaffson, doubt he's going anywhere.
Do you ever hear some of Maurice's interviews where he basically says these guys need to learn they won't be scorers in the NHL even though they scored at lower levels of hockey, Maurice loves grinders which is why guys like Smith and Harkins will struggle to gain a spot with the Jets.
Dec. 4, 2019 at 3:07 p.m.
Roslovic is getting his chance by contractual casualties and injuries, he could've been doing this last season but Maurice wouldn't change up his lines. I know Vesalainen isn't ready and I'm talking about coming out of camp next season not now, unless Harkins or Smith (if he's signed) have the most unbelievable camps they'll be with the Moose, Maurice isn't playing then unless some vets are gone due to contract/cap issues or injuries.

Maurice is getting a bit too much credit for his lineup deployment imo, it's only due to the unfortunate Little injuries that we're seeing the separation of Scheiffele and Wheeler and Roslovic in the top 6. The Jets love guys like Gustaffson, doubt he's going anywhere.
Do you ever hear some of Maurice's interviews where he basically says these guys need to learn they won't be scorers in the NHL even though they scored at lower levels of hockey, Maurice loves grinders which is why guys like Smith and Harkins will struggle to gain a spot with the Jets.

I agree for players like roslovic and Vesalainen but harkins and smith both play a skilled grinder game. I think Maurice will like their game once they get a shot
Dec. 4, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: masterjuddi
I turn up my nose to any Poolman deals right now! The guy is playing great hokcey and has tremendous value to the jets. Way more than Jesse P coming in as what? a 3rd line RW?

I think having niku and Samberg in the lineup should more effective which is why I traded poolman. I agree he is playing great though
Dec. 5, 2019 at 10:29 a.m.
I think having niku and Samberg in the lineup should more effective which is why I traded poolman. I agree he is playing great though

Niku and Samberg are definitely great prospects, but there are question marks too. IMO Niku shouldve been with the big club when he was healthy, even if that was as a healthy scratch. Practicing and getting paid an NHL wage (70 K compared to 775K) can mean a lot to a players development, especially in the case of Niku who has nothing to prove in the AHL. Do the jets think Bitetto, Dahlstrom, Sbisa and Kulikov are better options than Niku? I know a lot has to do with injury, but the guys played 16 games for the Moose this year.
Im a little worried the jets can sign Samberg before that window of becoming a UFA. I could be wrong about it, but they could lose him for nothing
Dec. 5, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: masterjuddi
Niku and Samberg are definitely great prospects, but there are question marks too. IMO Niku shouldve been with the big club when he was healthy, even if that was as a healthy scratch. Practicing and getting paid an NHL wage (70 K compared to 775K) can mean a lot to a players development, especially in the case of Niku who has nothing to prove in the AHL. Do the jets think Bitetto, Dahlstrom, Sbisa and Kulikov are better options than Niku? I know a lot has to do with injury, but the guys played 16 games for the Moose this year.
Im a little worried the jets can sign Samberg before that window of becoming a UFA. I could be wrong about it, but they could lose him for nothing

It was a classic case of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The defence was playing very well. Right now niku would be up if he wasn’t injured (they guy needs some luck lol)

As for Samberg I don’t think that he will spend an extra year in college to become a UFA. He has made it pretty clear he will sign with the jets once his degree is done
Dec. 5, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
It was a classic case of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The defence was playing very well. Right now niku would be up if he wasn’t injured (they guy needs some luck lol)

As for Samberg I don’t think that he will spend an extra year in college to become a UFA. He has made it pretty clear he will sign with the jets once his degree is done

Gotcha. I was unsure of the Samberg thing.
The niku stuff does raise some eyebrows though. Vincent made a statement about Niku needing to work on "off ice" stuff. whatever that means

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll